• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sustainable Dieting and Health (Naps, Diet, Exercise)

Started by Jojo, October 10, 2017, 10:16:47 PM

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 05, 2018, 02:35:43 AM
I have several of the himalayan salt crystal lamps in my home. You have to be careful in high humidity because they will gather moisture and spill onto the furniture. But I like them. These large crystals are mined from deep salt mines.
https://www.seasalt.com/himalayan-pink-salt-sustainability

I was scuba diving in Bonaire. One of the local industries is salt production. They flood a diked filed much like they would a rice field but using the ocean salt water and allow it to evaporate. The salt crystals that grow are actually quite large. Golfball size and larger. I have a baggie with some in my pantry. I will see if I can get some pics of the larger crystals tomorrow.

It appears that all of this salt is exported for consumption without any concern for any air or water pollution. I didn’t investigate how much was actually used for food service.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147267-d3905067-Reviews-Salt_Flats-Bonaire.html
Not sure if theses problems would also involve salt crystals? But the other crystals popular with new-ager types, like the "evil" minerals the "imperialistic-capitalist" consumers use, come from corrupt regimes, child labor, environmental damage, smuggling, etc.  ;) https://newrepublic.com/article/148190/know-healing-crystals-come-from

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on May 13, 2018, 03:07:25 AM
What do I gotta do? Interpretive dance? A Trainspotting viewathon? The Ludovico Technique? What's it gonna take, Snowflake?

Figure it out.
I did fine.  I had some M&M Carmels and threw away half the pack.  One step at a time!  I consider it a major triumph. Walmart didn't have a health food section with a molasses bar.  That'll be the day!  They should, bec a couple local stores are reducing their natural bulk and supplement sections big time.  Did you tell me where elderberries are?
Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 13, 2018, 07:41:13 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DrW3VCaf2-Y
At 10 seconds the spectator in the middle looks like George Noory without his hair piece. 

What's with the sweat so thick like a mild illegal drug overdose???  Anyone heard of A/C?  Gross!

Nice outfits - I like the natural fiber slacks and loose oxford shirt look.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 13, 2018, 07:46:59 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dmAuSuV4IP0
Where do u find these, lol.  It always surprises me when slight people have big voices, or big people have teeny voices.  Kind of neat how God just doles out stuff.
Quote from: albrecht on May 13, 2018, 01:30:55 PM
Not sure if theses problems would also involve salt crystals? But the other crystals popular with new-ager types, like the "evil" minerals the "imperialistic-capitalist" consumers use, come from corrupt regimes, child labor, environmental damage, smuggling, etc.  ;) https://newrepublic.com/article/148190/know-healing-crystals-come-from
Sorry to hear that. The chocolate industry not only uses slave labor, but the slaves are children and tney are beaten.  Put another way, the chocolate industry not only uses child labor, but enslaves and beats the children.  This is all the more reprehensible because we give candy to our children plus NO ONE NEEDS CHOCOLATE so much that they need to enslave and torture boys and girls...And, it is a total luxury in any case. 

WET (DISSOLVING) SALT CANDLES ARE ELECTROCUTION HAZARD PER THE LABEL.

Yesterday I delayed breakfast and later regretted it, because my energy level seemed extremely low.  But maybe I was a zombie because there had been a lot of work stress at my brand new job.  Before accepting the job, I saw employee reviews on the web, so I knew what the workplace would be like.  Many negative reviews.

Anyhow, stress has sky rocketed because HR is concerned about employe conduct in my department.
Many employees (even older than me!) were discussing patient, uh, reproductive rights, after a patient received a catalog for "marital aids".  I tried to move the conversation to the back room, tried to deflect it by saying those products help sore necks, and tried to express mucho concern about patient privacy.  A co-worker wore a very revealing top, kept sneaking into the forbidden kitchen (not me), and had big food stains on her outfit. Five coworkers joked loudly with the minister about him supposedly being the devil, and he liked the joking.  Someone made devil ears on him.  Employees agreed they were doing TMI on taboo topics, but kept doing it.  One worker admittedly he had inadvertently barged in on residents in their own apartments, which should be unheard of!  He was sorry, I could tell, though.  When I later asked how we prevent that, my trainer say forget about it!  But I made her show me.  One shift, my trainer only did 15 minutes of work.  He wore beat up street clothes! The rest of the night he talked about life stuff and also about how he times his work style so that he can do things the way he wants without being hen-pecked over details, including policy.  (The company likes to promote food servers into admin.). I cooperated with his work style because I am not the work police, but I did mention when my supervisor asked, that he didn't really work.

I don't think residents nor visitors observed any of our department's unlrofessionality, but the point is people potentially could have.  Walls can be thin, and even a phone might look hung up but still be connected - we actually have that problem.

Anyhow, the employee whose frontside was so exposed ended up complaining to management about unprofessionality (but she was one of the most covertly unprofessional!  A fraud!).  Geez.  She dressed like a hussy, crapped on policy whenever no one was looking, then complained about others making her uncomfortable!  Anyhow, after management got upset, things are very scary.  Suddenly employee code of conduct is being addressed with whips.

I'm brand new, still on 90-day trial.  All I did was giggle, try to move away from the front area, try to deflect the marital aid talk into talking about neck aches, and spoke up for patient privacy.  But HR looked absolutely traumatized, then tortured me, although they seemed calmer after I explained.  I don't know what they did to my teammates. Work is probably going to be very awkward for awhile, presuming they retain us.  As much as we were inappropriate, HR is like from the 1800s anyhow, so this is really bad.  In order to save my own self, I had to roll over on the poor older lady who started all the street talk about marital aids.  I told management I didn't want to betray her, or tattle.  But they basically had my hide.  So, I identified her, but made sure to praise her work dedication, and also to identify every other single person who was unprofessional at that time.

During all this unprofessionality, though, believe it or not, workers were good to residents.  And no one heard us.  Even the marital aid gossip was done with a little admiration for the payient, not ridicule. No one was belittling the residents.  I was considering reporting the devil talk (Christian business).  And on sexual stuff we had kept our voices very low.  Anyhow, through it all, as inappropriate as it all was, I believed no residents were affected.  I did have a concern about their privacy in their apartments, though, but eventually I got my trainer to show me the procedures for avoiding employees barging in on residents.

The worst thing that happened so far involved a resident with a walker who said she needed help carrying a bulky box FedEx brought her for Mother's Day.  Staff didn't want to help her, so I offered.  But, I could tell the senior was used to being turned down, because as I started to help her, she looked embarrassed and said she would do it.  I would like to know her better and affirm to her that when it is possible, I would be happy to help her.  I could not believe my coworkers had turned her down.

Later I asked them why they wouldn't help her or call someone to.  They said it was because she lived in independent living, not assisted living.  That didn't make any sense because I have lived in independent living all my life, and FedEx always brought my deliveries up to my apartment, not just leaving them downstairs.  But I held my tongue, waiting for a more positive time maybe another day to mention that, didn't want to out them on the defensive.  Who the Hell WOULDN'T assist an 80-year old dependent on a metal walker, with a bulky package up to the fourth floor?  until that day I would have said I don't know anyone who wouldn't try to help a senior on work time or just out of kindness.  The resident's demeanor was humble; she wasn't demanding or looking for a servant.  This employee indifference and callousness toward a senior bothered me a lot more than the giggling about sexuality or the devil, or low cut jackets or slacking on a shift.  So I look forward to understanding delivery policies better and seeing if I can plant seeds of change without upsetting everyone and the apple cart.

I haven't stress-eated over work.  Amazing.  And we have a workout bicycle there!  A miracle.  But now I'm afraid to ask for the injury damage waiver, or ask for any privileges.  Because I want to show humility while this employee code of conduct fiasco is being handled.

I GOT MY FIRST PAYCHECK AND MY CAT GOT OTC MEDICINE!!!  YAY  !!!!!!!
💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚
🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱👑🐱

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: monica on May 13, 2018, 03:43:38 PM
What's with the sweat so thick like a mild illegal drug overdose???  Anyone heard of A/C?  Gross!

Stage lights are hot. ;)

Jackstar

I did fine.  I had some M&M Carmels and threw away half the pack.  One step at a time!  I consider it a major triumph.

Jackstar

we have a workout bicycle there! A miracle. But now I'm afraid to ask for the injury damage waiver, or ask for any privileges.  Because I want to show humility

Found the problem.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 13, 2018, 03:57:41 PM

Stage lights are hot. ;)
All the female stars look fine.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on May 13, 2018, 04:03:17 PM

Where is Jesus' left arm and why is his sleeve all bunched up?  For several minutes I thot the addict was injecting Jesus.

Brings tears to my eyes.

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on May 13, 2018, 04:19:01 PM
I thot the addict was injecting Jesus.

That's the point of the work.

I thot

Settle down. Stop indulging your addiction cravings, get your fat ass on that bike, and start pedalling. You're not busy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: monica on May 13, 2018, 04:14:22 PM
All the female stars look fine.

It's a well known fact that women have a higher threshold for pain.  ;)

ksm32

Brings tears to my eyes.
Do you choke up when you watch "The Passion" every Easter Friday? I like Max Von Sydow as Jesus in the Greatest Story Ever Told. I recall the scene where Peter first asks "what is you name? "Jesus" Jesus, that is a good name"  Thank you"     There is the one scene in POTC when Jesus is showing Mary the tall table he built as she tells him "it will never catch on" it's very sweet. But very soon after that, things get rough.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on May 13, 2018, 04:21:02 PM

So, Jesus takes one, to prevent overdose for the guy?

Settle down. Stop indulging your addiction cravings, get your fat ass on that bike, and start pedalling. You're not busy.
There is no bike here.  And I haven't received permission yet for the one at work.  I'd rather write about work stress than stress eat.  That went well.  It's really hot.  I never recall May being hot before.

Jojo

Quote from: ksm32 on May 13, 2018, 10:57:04 PM
Do you choke up when you watch "The Passion" every Easter Friday? I like Max Von Sydow as Jesus in the Greatest Story Ever Told. I recall the scene where Peter first asks "what is you name? "Jesus" Jesus, that is a good name"  Thank you"     There is the one scene in POTC when Jesus is showing Mary the tall table he built as she tells him "it will never catch on" it's very sweet. But very soon after that, things get rough.
The only thing I watch is You Tube.  sorry.........

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 13, 2018, 05:32:03 PM
It's a well known fact that women have a higher threshold for pain.  ;)
That stops after menopause. Estrogen is a pain killer.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on May 13, 2018, 04:19:13 PM

No.  Cola is good once in a while.  Never fails, never lets me down, is perfectly predictable drug.  A Coke is a true fix, with less calories than discount brands.  Like, a few times a year.

Coke Life has half stevia and half cane sugar.

Jackstar

Quote from: monica on May 14, 2018, 12:34:40 AM
Estrogen is a pain killer.

Grow up Evolve or die. What do you think fucking candy does to your fucking estrogen? You're a fucking fraud.

paladin1991

Quote from: FallenSeraph on May 07, 2018, 08:22:25 PM
OH LORDY! I just stuck my head in here to see what was going on and I'M A STRANGER IN A STRANGE LAND.

do you GROK?

paladin1991

Where is Jesus' left arm and why is his sleeve all bunched up?  For several minutes I thot the addict was injecting Jesus.

Brings tears to my eyes.

I can see nothing gets past you.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jackstar on May 13, 2018, 04:21:02 PM

https://youtu.be/VMnjF1O4eH0

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on May 14, 2018, 02:08:48 PM

Grow up Evolve or die. What do you think fucking candy does to your fucking estrogen? You're a fucking fraud.
When i was young, estrogen reduced pain, and i ate plenty of sugar.  I had chronic pain, plenty of it from an injury.  But, little things like papercuts, pin pricks, or a scratch or bruise, never bothered me.

After menopause, and rather suddenly, things that never used to hurt like little papercuts and pin pricks, or a scratch or bruise, now do hurt horribly.  Like a man, you know how a lot of men (not saying you) are total babies when they are sick... Well, suddenly i understood.

JS, experts suggest incremental change. I dont think a cola a few times a year is bad.  I am not opposed to some sweeteners, esp honey, molasses, Mexican cane, and i do allow a little brown sugar in coffee.

Today, i prepared meals ahead, with complex carbs, veggies, and protein.  But thats not always possible.  Andi am a hypoglycemic, and allergic to everything so sometimes i have to take what manufacturers offer.

I dont think a fraud would create this dieting thread.  I have a lot of character flaws, but fraudulence isnt one.  Take it back, comma cop.

Quote from: Jackstar on May 14, 2018, 02:10:00 PM

Me?  To stop posting in my thread??

Jojo

I started this thread hoping to have a supportive group for ladies especially, or anyone, struggling with doing their part in dieting and exercise plus getting enough sleep also for metabolism.

Yesterday, as if typical on my days off, I waited three hours for my first meal.  Why eat if I'm not interested?  Lunch ended up being pretty big, though.  Dinner was also a little high calorie.

So today I had oatmeal within 2 hours (that was the best I could do; i have a lot of constraints).

I always feel most satisfied with days, esp days off when a few things I need to do each morning and evening get done.  Even if they are abbreviated a little. And even if that's all I get done.