• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 01:58:22 PM
Nebraska. The state tree is the telephone pole.

LOL.  I almost lost a dog to a rattlesnake under a tree at a rest area near North Platte.  The dog was blind and didn't see it and almost walked into it.  Since then, I've been very careful whenever I've gotten out of my car in the Great Plains.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 01:56:41 PM
I though we had guns so they couldn't do that.

I am so confused.

No, you have guns because you are a bunch of degenerate barbarians.

Happy to help.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 12:03:34 PM
These rich kneelers have no earthly idea what real racism is like.  Their slave ancestors would be embarrassed by the behavior of these prema donnas.  I ceased to watch pro sports on a regular basis after the '95 baseball players strike.  It does make me sad to see sports becoming so politicized. I will tell you that if the NFL doesn't clamp down on what many perceive as disrespect for the flag then they will lose many, many fans and with that a lot of money.  There is a place for politics but not in the workplace.  I will admit Trump did not help the situation but many NFL fans are Trump voters.  The NFL cannot afford to lose that demographic.  I know people who have been die-hard NFL football fans who have stopped watching it completely.

We, as Americans,  have many things to be grateful for.  We take it for granted that we will remain free but we are going to lose that freedom if we continue down this road.

Their ratings have been going down 10% a year for the past several. They're in a death spiral.  ;)

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 01:33:13 PM
Who is hating players for getting paid?  You are making quite a leap.  What many are sick of are the extravagant salaries that dominate professional sports. Too bad we don't value other professions as highly as sports. Yes, in football there are more risks what with the brain damage that many players end up with so perhaps a higher compensation is justifiable. However, my main point in response to your post is if the players continue to act like this, more and more fans are going to turn it off and in the end there may be some teams that go broke and there will be fewer jobs. Third rate players will be the least of the NFL's problems.

There certainly been a lot of snide comments about salary and should be happy with just that.

As for the second part, I don't necessary disagree with you. It would be easier maybe to just shut up, cash your check and go along to get along. But sometimes a man feels an issue is too strong to ignore and it's worth the risk to speak out on it.

I think a lot of this still goes back to Charlottesville when you have hundreds white supremacists and Nazi with torches and chanting Nazi chants with a death toll and Trump reaction was wishy washy at best but a couple of black dude kneeling Trump reaction is what he did. You can say Trump not a racist but he sure acts like one.

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 02:10:51 PM
I have never seen that stuff at the Home Depot before and I'm always looking at Miracle-Gro products.  Good to know it is out there.

I am sure it is only meant for containers. No idea what the EPA would say about you dumping that in the ground or the trash.

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 25, 2017, 02:09:26 PM
There certainly been a lot of snide comments about salary and should be happy with just that.

As for the second part, I don't necessary disagree with you. It would be easier maybe to just shut up, cash your check and go along to get along. But sometimes a man feels an issue is too strong to ignore and it's worth the risk to speak out on it.

I think a lot of this still goes back to Charlottesville when you have hundreds white supremacists and Nazi with torches and chanting Nazi chants with a death toll and Trump reaction was wishy washy at best but a couple of black dude kneeling Trump reaction is what he did. You can say Trump not a racist but he sure acts like one.

This started before Trump was president.  It started with Ferguson long before Trump. I thought Trump's statements after Charlottesville were appropriate and I am highly critical of Trump. What he was saying is there were people other than Nazi's and KKK types that were supporting the display of the Lee statue.  Few on the left seemed to understand that.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 01:46:31 PM
Gas leaf blowers usually used by the (And I use the phrase advisedly-'Landscape gardeners') do nothing but blow shit up (bird shit, animal shit, pollen, a few leaves, more dust and shit) up into the air for people to breath in, at the same time pebble dashing the car of the next door neighbour. The shit then settles there to be blown into next door, or the street.

If Donald Trump had said this very thing, you'd be all over him for hating Mexican garderners

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 02:16:28 PM
This started before Trump was president.  It started with Ferguson long before Trump. I thought Trump's statements after Charlottesville were appropriate and I am highly critical of Trump. What he was saying is there were people other than Nazi's and KKK types that were supporting the display of the Lee statue.  Few on the left seemed to understand Wanted to admit that.

FIFY

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 02:16:21 PM
I am sure it is only meant for containers. No idea what the EPA would say about you dumping that in the ground or the trash.

I think the guy who runs it is in the process of getting rid of it anyway; so fear not, sweet cheeks!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 25, 2017, 02:09:26 PM
I think a lot of this still goes back to Charlottesville the deep state narrative when you have hundreds white supremacists and Nazi with torches and chanting Nazi chants with a death toll and Trump reaction was wishy washy at best but a couple of black dude kneeling Trump reaction is what he did. You can say Trump not a racist but he sure acts like one.

FIFY  ;)

Also, Trump denounced ALL the violence, no matter where it was coming from. How is that racist?!  ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 25, 2017, 02:26:36 PM
I think the guy who runs it is in the process of getting rid of it anyway; so fear not, sweet cheeks!

Not worried. I am sure if it was a worthwhile EPA regulation, Trump has revoked it by now because Russia wants him to.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 25, 2017, 02:27:30 PM
FIFY  ;)

Also, Trump denounced ALL the violence, no matter where it was coming from. How is that racist?!  ???

Eventually. He also said there were good people on both sides..That would include the Nazis and KKK.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 02:31:13 PM

Eventually. He also said there were good people on both sides..That would include the Nazis and KKK.

No you obtuse fuckwad. That would have been "All people on all sides are all good people. "

Except when they're not.

Set Theory 101 will resume tomorrow and not yesterday.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 02:31:13 PM

And there were also just ordinary citizens who were protesting the removal of the statue. This is who Trump was talking about. He didn't want to paint them as either Nazi or Antifa. I just would've said that both groups are assholes who can eat shit and die but also remind people of their right to be that in this country. A violent attack should be against the law anywhere in the country. It's too bad so many Democratic mayors have issued stand down orders. I guess they don't give a fuck about their citizens.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 02:35:38 PM
No you obtuse fuckwad. That would have been "All people on all sides are all good people. "

Trump isn't that articulate. He says what he thinks. Which sadly isn't that complicated or sophisticated. NK think he's declared war on them. Joy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 02:50:18 PM

Trump isn't that articulate. He says what he thinks. Which sadly isn't that complicated or sophisticated. NK think he's declared war on them. Joy.

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 02:16:28 PM
This started before Trump was president.  It started with Ferguson long before Trump. I thought Trump's statements after Charlottesville were appropriate and I am highly critical of Trump. What he was saying is there were people other than Nazi's and KKK types that were supporting the display of the Lee statue.  Few on the left seemed to understand that.

Oh yeah it certainly did, but it wasn't as widespread as yesterday. It was at most a handful of players who was protesting in their view America justice system is putting a blind eye on black people

What I do understand is that he puts pressure on the NFL to stop the kneeling protests, and he wasn't shy to telling people in his rally's to punch somebody out if they look like they are causing any trouble at all.  But when dealing with Nazi, he's got a hands off approach where he doesn't tell those "very fine Confederate American patriots (which is such an oxymoron only Trump would appreciate it) to confront them, and even if they are too dickless to do that, do the literal least you can do and just disassociate with the NeoNazi  and don't march with them.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Zetaspeak on September 25, 2017, 03:33:51 PM

Oh yeah it certainly did, but it wasn't as widespread as yesterday. It was at most a handful of players who was protesting in their view America justice system is putting a blind eye on black people

What I do understand is that he puts pressure on the NFL to stop the kneeling protests, and he wasn't shy to telling people in his rally's to punch somebody out if they look like they are causing any trouble at all.  But when dealing with Nazi, he's got a hands off approach where he doesn't tell those  "very fine Confederate American patriots (which is such an oxymoron only Trump would appreciate it) to confront them, and even if they are too dickless to do that, do the literal least you can do and just disassociate with the NeoNazi  and don't march with them.

I present you with the

United Daughters of the Confederacy

https://www.hqudc.org

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 25, 2017, 03:13:17 PM
https://youtu.be/3VmCkUShGLw

Is he jealous? Funny how a billionaire (allegedly) can get hippies who can't afford shirts to whine about over paid football players who he couldn't care less about last week. But this week he does...why might that be? Oh yes the dog whistle that his orange oaf master tooted.

Yorkshire pud

What I do understand is that he puts pressure on the NFL to stop the kneeling protests, and he wasn't shy to telling people in his rally's to punch somebody out if they look like they are causing any trouble at all.  But when dealing with Nazi, he's got a hands off approach where he doesn't tell those "very fine Confederate American patriots (which is such an oxymoron only Trump would appreciate it) to confront them, and even if they are too dickless to do that, do the literal least you can do and just disassociate with the NeoNazi  and don't march with them.

Trump's fluffer in chief today in answering the question After specifically being asked whether someone expressing his First Amendment rights was a “son of a bitch”, Sanders deflected.

“It’s always appropriate for the president of this country to promote the flag, promote the national anthem and ask people to respect it,” she reiterated.

It reminds me of the drugstore gag:

Bloke walks into a drug store: "Hello do you have a bar of green soap please?"

"Sorry, we only have pink"

"Its okay, I've got my bike outside"

Sigh.  Again you read something into the Charlottesville statements that wasn't there. I agree Trump only exacerbated the problem on Friday night and he should stop with any negative comments but you know what?  A lot of people support what Trump said about the kneeling.   What the celebrities fail to understand is every time they mouth off or speak out against Trump, they only solidify Trump's support.  If the presidential election was tomorrow, my guess is he would have more votes than he had last time around.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 04:08:57 PM
Sigh.  Again you read something into the Charlottesville statements that wasn't there. I agree Trump only exacerbated the problem on Friday night and he should stop with any negative comments but you know what?  A lot of people support what Trump said about the kneeling.   What the celebrities fail to understand is every time they mouth off or speak out against Trump, they only solidify Trump's support.  If the presidential election was tomorrow, my guess is he would have more votes than he had last time around.

Trump might be taken seriously if he'd tweeted in equal measure about Puerto Rico. He hasn't said shit and they're in terrible need right now. How long will this self obsessed POS be supported?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 04:14:55 PM
Trump might be taken seriously if he'd tweeted in equal measure about Puerto Rico. He hasn't said shit and they're in terrible need right now. How long will this self obsessed POS be supported?

I agree with you there.  More needs to be done for Puerto Rico.  I'd like to see a positive agenda coming from DC but that is wishful thinking on my part.