• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Pedestrians mowed down on London Bridge

Started by 21st Century Man, June 03, 2017, 04:21:54 PM

Juan

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 05, 2017, 11:16:56 AM
How many US cops get killed a week?
This year, about 3 per week in a nation of about 310-million.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 05, 2017, 11:37:26 AM
Note the date.... ::)

I did.  Still to be more worried about climate change than terrorist threats shortly after the Manchester incident is the epitome of foolishness.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 05, 2017, 11:31:37 AM
In  a country much smaller than ours.

US with 320 million people. The UK has about 68 million. Just under a fifth of the US population. That corrolates to either the US having 250 a year or the UK (using US as the metric) having about 2700 murders per year, allowing for population.

bateman

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 05, 2017, 11:29:45 AM
The mindset if that's what it is, is that the average Brit isn't paranoid and makes the assumption everyone is their enemy, and has to be armed to the teeth to fend them off. As far as gun deaths are concerned it works. About 50-60 a year.

Is it paranoid to be even slightly concerned about a metastasizing ideology bent on cultural domination that keeps mowing innocent people down in the streets and blowing children to smithereens at concerts? It just feels like a bizarre unwillingness to confront reality. I've seen grieving parents on the news talking about how the public 'just needs to move on' and that they only feel sorry for the attackers. I honestly cannot wrap my head around that mindset. If you want to cede your country and your culture to an ideology utterly incompatible with modernity, then fine, but I hope you're not surprised by any of it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 05, 2017, 11:40:32 AM
I did.  Still to be more worried about climate change than terrorist threats shortly after the Manchester incident is the epitome of foolishness.

Unlike Trump, he can multitask and have more than one thought in his head at one time. He can even walk and chew gum at the same time. Trump probably can't.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b🎱man on June 05, 2017, 11:42:28 AM
Is it paranoid to be even slightly concerned about a metastasizing ideology bent on cultural domination that keeps mowing innocent people down in the streets and blowing children to smithereens at concerts? It just feels like a bizarre unwillingness to confront reality. I've seen grieving parents on the news talking about how the public 'just needs to move on' and that they only feel sorry for the attackers. I honestly cannot wrap my head around that mindset. If you want to cede your country and your culture to an ideology utterly incompatible with modernity, then fine, but I hope you're not surprised by any of it.

You'd rather a war in Iraq and Afghanistan as retribution? How did that work out?

bateman

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 05, 2017, 11:44:19 AM
You'd rather a war in Iraq and Afghanistan as retribution? How did that work out?

Not at all. For starters, tight border security, and pressure on Gulf states to get their house in order.

Gentlemen, is there any point?  There are negatives and merits on both sides of the gun issue.  For me and my family?  I want a gun in any scenario...call me crazy.  I don't give a shit if I'm American, British, or a damn Pygmi.  I would never forgive myself if I didn't try to stop some asshole from trying to slice a throat of some poor woman.  This world has went and lost its collective mind..and its balls.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 05, 2017, 11:43:06 AM
Unlike Trump, he can multitask and have more than one thought in his head at one time. He can even walk and chew gum at the same time. Trump probably can't.

Oh and how forcefully has the London mayor spoken about terrorism?  From what I've heard, not very.

bateman

Border security is racist, guns will create more problems, down is up, black is white.

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 05, 2017, 11:50:22 AM
Gentlemen, is there any point?  There are negatives and merits on both sides of the gun issue.  For me and my family?  I want a gun in any scenario...call me crazy.  I don't give a shit if I'm American, British, or a damn Pygmi.  I would never forgive myself if I didn't try to stop some asshole from trying to slice a throat of some poor woman.  This world has went and lost its collective mind..and its balls.

You are right of course and I agree with you. 

Hell, freaking Morrissey would be a better leader for the UK or London than the idiots in charge now.  At least he is aware of what the problem is.

ItsOver

"London terrorist appeared in TV documentary The Jihadis Next Door and 'tried to go to Syria'"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/05/london-terrorist-appeared-channel-4-jihadi-documentary-tried/

I'm waiting for a TV Jihadi sitcom, starring upcoming terrorists.

Taaroa

Quote from: ItsOver on June 05, 2017, 11:59:59 AM
"London terrorist appeared in TV documentary The Jihadis Next Door and 'tried to go to Syria'"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/05/london-terrorist-appeared-channel-4-jihadi-documentary-tried/

I'm waiting for a TV Jihadi sitcom, starring upcoming terrorists.

Was just about to post it myself since I just watched it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DsG9yQrdD4

Juan

Quote from: b🎱man on June 05, 2017, 11:51:54 AM
Border security is racist, guns will create more problems, down is up, black is white.
Truth is racist, weakness is strength.

ItsOver

Quote from: Juan on June 05, 2017, 12:11:06 PM

And, of course, Big Bro needs to start watching ALL of us a little closer on the internet.  Right, Ms. May?

bateman

Quote from: Juan on June 05, 2017, 12:11:06 PM

"If you kill your enemies, they win."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on June 05, 2017, 12:16:57 PM

And, of course, Big Bro needs to start watching ALL of us a little closer on the internet.  Right, Ms. May?

You don't have to look much further than the WH for someone else who has spoken of restrictions. You think it a good thing that terrorists can use it like you and I?

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 05, 2017, 12:22:41 PM
You don't have to look much further than the WH for someone else who has spoken of restrictions. You think it a good thing that terrorists can use it like you and I?

It's a slippery slope.  Just how much should a people sacrifice for security?  I don't have the answer just posing the question.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on June 05, 2017, 11:40:02 AM
This year, about 3 per week in a nation of about 310-million.

In the UK 250, since 1945. Or in 70 years, 3 per year (up to 2015) population a fifth of the USA.

Taaroa

Cyclists have complained that new security barriers on London’s bridges make roads less safe for them, just hours after they were installed to protect pedestrians from terror attacks.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/london-terror-attack-cyclists-voice-concerns-over-unsafe-security-barriers-on-capitals-bridges-a3557326.html

Cyclists whingeing and thinking only of themselves, as usual. 

Juan

Neighbors are saying the Islamofascist wearing the fake bomb vest was a man they called Abz. He was featured in a BBC presentation titled "The Jihadist Next Door." Another known wolf.

Quote from: ItsOver on June 05, 2017, 12:02:42 PM
Yep, just another "boy next door."

Disturbing.  I thought my neighborhood was going to shit.  We have a group of tweakers move in across the street.  Think I'll bake them some cookies.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: b🎱man on June 05, 2017, 11:42:28 AM

Terrorists want you to panic, that's their main objective. If you want to give an enemy what they want that's up to you. People like you don't care what action is taken, as long as it seems sufficiently punitive. I notice that all those people who are for the liberty of the individual change their tune at times like this and can't wait to abandon the rule of law and lock people up. Enjoy your fascist utopia over there, we don't want it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Juan on June 05, 2017, 12:43:34 PM
Neighbors are saying the Islamofascist wearing the fake bomb vest was a man they called Abz. He was featured in a BBC presentation titled "The Jihadist Next Door." Another known wolf.

Can't you at least hold Trump partially responsible? He said he's have ISIS defeated in his first month.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 05, 2017, 01:09:59 PM
Terrorists want you to panic, that's their main objective. If you want to give an enemy what they want that's up to you. People like you don't care what action is taken, as long as it seems sufficiently punitive. I notice that all those people who are for the liberty of the individual change their tune at times like this and can't wait to abandon the rule of law and lock people up. Enjoy your fascist utopia over there, we don't want it.

You sure are prone to putting words in people's mouths today.  Nobody is talking about fascism here except you.

bateman

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 05, 2017, 01:09:59 PM

They ultimately want your submission. You're doing a fine job of it.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on June 05, 2017, 01:12:00 PM
Can't you at least hold Trump partially responsible? He said he's have ISIS defeated in his first month.

LOL and if anybody believed that I have a yuuuge piece of prime real estate to sell north of Timbuktu.