• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Twin Peaks (2017) : When you get there, you will already be there.

Started by malachi.martini, May 23, 2017, 11:09:17 PM

Four hours in, it's clear Showtime let Lynch do whatever the fuck he wants...

Expertly crafted normie repellent, all summer long friends. What a time to be alive.

Jackstar

... has this started then? I've been ignoring everything that isn't on fire lately.

whoozit

I must admit this has been weird and wonderful.  It will drive many nuts though.

Quote from: Jackstar on May 24, 2017, 03:25:14 PM
Holy jumping Jesus shit balls!

lol psarips has great h265 encodes if you haven't grabbed any releases yet.

Quote from: whoozit on May 24, 2017, 03:53:56 PM
I must admit this has been weird and wonderful.  It will drive many nuts though.

I need to be debriefed by you, Gordon.

So goddamn creepy.

Jackstar

Quote from: whoozit on May 24, 2017, 03:53:56 PM
It will drive many nuts though.

Quote from: malachi.martini 🍸 on May 24, 2017, 11:04:29 PM
great h265 encodes if you haven't grabbed any releases yet

Quote from: malachi.martini 🍸 on May 24, 2017, 11:04:29 PM
So goddamn creepy.

The only thing that is saving me from screaming nightmares is, as soon as I saw that glass box, I knew exactly what was going to happen, and I spoke so aloud.

So now, still nightmares--but everyone I was watching with now knows I'm clairvoyant. Comme ci, comme ça.

Dr. MD MD

Yeah, he's really not skimping on the weird, not that he ever has. I have no idea what's going on but I'll keep watching. So far the only cringe worthy scene for me was the Wally Brando character. I didn't get that. It really seemed superfluous and self-indulgent to me, like they just wanted to let that guy do his Brando impression but whatever. So far so good.

CozyRozie

Holy jumping Jesus shit balls! I am an idiot.

Jackstar,..IS YOUR STATEMENT STILL VALID ?? LOL hahaha 8)

docmeat

Quote from: th'ONE on July 05, 2017, 11:11:18 AM
Jackstar,..IS YOUR STATEMENT STILL VALID ?? LOL hahaha 8)

Not correct, you architect of clicks-and-mortar paradigms! Fuckface.

CozyRozie

Quote from: Jackstar on July 05, 2017, 11:46:25 AM

It was until then.

OK, good to know, thanks for setting the record straight.
But to be clear about it, that condition (in your statement )has two options one to get worst, other to get better.Where are you on that sliding scale..??
..like to know because I has proposal for yew.

ZaZa

Holy jumping Jesus shit balls! I am an idiot.
Jackstar Fuckstar, I never argued with you on this topic
so I don't understand what's your beef is.
Yes, I agree with you. So now -fuck off please loser....

tyrONE

I will just rip da door off yo house and beat you into a coma wif it

Jackstar

I cried the whole time Agent Cooper was on screen. Literally.

ONeill

Quote from: Jackstar on August 31, 2017, 07:11:39 AM
I cried the whole time Agent Cooper was on screen. Literally.

It was magnificent. The "Finally" from MIKE and the "100%" and "I am the FBI" from Cooper reduced the Game of Thrones finale for me to complete insignificance. Cooper is simply one of the greatest characters in TV history. I am depressed in a way waiting for Monday morning when I can watch the finale after it has aired. This series may feel like Fire Walk with Me movie, when we had agent Cooper on screen for like 10% of the time...

On the other hand, Dougie Jones may turn out to be a good plot device. After all we had large portions of Cooper there - coffee, cherry pie and more:

When you think about it, it would have be really strange for him to simply appear and jump into action 100% after having 25 years of his life hijacked. We can just wait and see. I hope that despite poor live ratings, the subscription bump will convince Showtime to work with Lynch in the future. The 4th season would be DAMN great.

Jackstar

Quote from: ONeill on September 01, 2017, 03:22:37 AM
convince Showtime to work with Lynch

It's like to be the other way around.

Quote from: ONeill on September 01, 2017, 03:22:37 AM
When you think about it, it would have be really strange for him to simply appear and jump into action 100%

Where's Annie? Where's Annie? Where's Annie? Where's Annie? Where's Annie?

Robert

Have I explained here how Twin Peaks was a prequel to The Hidden?

Jackstar

For fuck's sake--watching the end eps, I feel like I'm watching someone play Zork.

Quote from: Robert on September 03, 2017, 04:45:04 PM
prequel

There is a mailbox here.

Jackstar

... how does this thread have barely more posts than the number of episodes? Y'all have gone soft.

QuoteFuck Gene Kelly, you motherfucker!

Jackstar

http://ew.com/podcasts/2017/05/30/twin-peaks-damon-lindelof-podcast-leftovers/

This podcast gave me the hidden secret that allowed me to have a dream that explained the ending of the show to me. I'll explain in the morning.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on September 07, 2017, 05:01:20 PM
http://ew.com/podcasts/2017/05/30/twin-peaks-damon-lindelof-podcast-leftovers/

This podcast gave me the hidden secret that allowed me to have a dream that explained the ending of the show to me. I'll explain in the morning.
A HIDDEN secret??  Who do we know who talks like that!  GNS!

Loved watching the show week to week, but I do feel that a lot of it was very indulgent. The length of time in some cases between lines, the timing of the actors, the time spent on shots like sweeping up peanuts for two minutes. These are examples of when the show felt off and missed it's mark for me. I don't understand the ending at all, but I like some of the self-aware meta-analysis that I've seen in it. Interesting overall.

I wish the ending was a little more transparent for those mere mortals watching.

What the hell happened to Audrey??? In a dream? Mental patient? Coma?

wish David Lynch spent at least 5 more minutes on her story.

Quote from: Bobbysaltereg0 on September 16, 2017, 02:43:28 PM
What the hell happened to Audrey??? In a dream? Mental patient? Coma?

wish David Lynch spent at least 5 more minutes on her story.

The most prolific thoughts I've read on the series has been from here: https://ozba.wordpress.com/2017/08/31/twin-peaks-audrey-billy-and-living-inside-a-dream/

My favorite take on the Audrey thing is that is actually a shot of Sherilynn Fenn "waking up" in the makeup chair getting ready to play Audrey. The mirror looks like one used to apply makeup. This, combined with Audrey's obsession with Billy (Zane?) is maybe supposed to represent Audrey's expanding consciousness of being a character in a television show, or vice versa, Sherilynn's new awareness of Audrey having a "life" beyond what she directly portrays on the screen, that she is an independent "character" in her own right.

The show was strangely aware of itself all the way through. Cooper's choice in Episode 3 had him choose an electrical socket with "3" or "15" on it, which were actual episode numbers. That's a pretty meta-detail in that episode. The characters killed in Episode 1 were literally watching a television screen (the box "experiment") with couch and end-tables and all.

I also like the interpretation that in Episode 8, the Giant/Fireman placed the orb in with Laura Palmer in it on Earth. In fact, he is placing the concept of Twin Peaks (the show itself) on our Earth, as the shot of Laura used is exactly the same as from the opening of the show. I generally also like the interpretation that the world at the end is supposed to be our Earth. I wish there would have been some support for this at the end of the show, maybe even with the homeowner of Sarah's home watching Season 1 or 2 of the show in the background. Time is not treated at all linearly, so some understanding of the ending may come from watching the show out of order or somesuch, but I haven't quite been able to fit that together. I do think the whole season is basically a big time-loop. After all, we see the trickster with the large-nose mask sneak out of the lodge/convenience store at the end of Episode 18.

I also like the idea that Judy is that ceiling fan!