• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Meanwhile in Texas...

Started by GravitySucks, May 01, 2017, 03:42:03 PM

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 08:53:59 AM
Just down the road from me.

https://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news/local/watch-live-multiple-students-killed-in-shooting-at-santa-fe-hs-federal-official-says/285-553331098
Horrible and I don't have enough details but interesting it comes after Parkland and all the media, student walk-outs, attention and also right before elections in which ridiculous rhetoric over guns in certain elections is the main theme (on both "sides.") One student in custody and another student 'as person of interest.'

http://abc13.com/live-coverage-at-least-8-killed-in-santa-fe-hs-shooting/3490869/

Quote from: albrecht on May 18, 2018, 09:47:49 AM
Horrible and I don't have enough details but interesting it comes after Parkland and all the media, student walk-outs, attention and also right before elections in which ridiculous rhetoric over guns in certain elections is the main theme (on both "sides.") One student in custody and another student 'as person of interest.'

http://abc13.com/live-coverage-at-least-8-killed-in-santa-fe-hs-shooting/3490869/

I heard there were also explosives involved.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 18, 2018, 09:47:49 AM

It'll all be forgotten in a week.

This shit has got to stop.
Taking everyone's  gun away isn't a solution though.
It's not practical either.

Better security is the answer, I guess.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 10:26:53 AM
It'll all be forgotten in a week.
Hopefully. But I don't know, the pandering politicians, pressure groups on "both sides," and the "news" like stories like this and because of the coverage it gives other losers ideas to shoot, stab, or blow up people.Which in turn is good for the "news" and pandering politicians and pressure groups. The latest I heard some kid interviewed saying he knew the shooter, or one of them, and said, to the reporter's questions about "bullying," that the coaches bullied him. No details and I imagine these days a coach simply yelling would be considered abuse and bullying. For a few years "bullying" has been the big narrative, almost, not quite but almost, replacing "no hate" or sexual/gender agendas as major factor in studies as opposed to spending time on things such as math, history, biology, civics, etc in public school. They also have an Obama Administration policy in many schools in which criminal students are not charged and given free passes, in theory an ok idea maybe. But in practice it lead to the Parkland Shooter.
https://www.browardprevention.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Fully-Executed-Collaborative-Agreement.pdf
https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2018/02/28/obama_administration_school_discipline_policy_and_the_parkland_shooting.html

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 10:34:57 AM
This shit has got to stop.
Taking everyone's  gun away isn't a solution though.
It's not practical either.

Better security is the answer, I guess.

The freedom to not give a shit.. But guns don't kill people, so it doesn't matter; Right up to the point when it's your own kids. If it mattered something would be done.

This will keep happening until we harden the soft targets.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 10:54:21 AM

The freedom to not give a shit.. But guns don't kill people, so it doesn't matter; Right up to the point when it's your own kids. If it mattered something would be done.

Guns kill people exactly the same way that pencils misspell wurds.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Radio Activity on May 18, 2018, 11:01:18 AM
This will keep happening until we harden the soft targets.

It'll keep happening as long as guns are as accessible as bubble gum. The crim only has to be lucky once. Or in this case several times.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Radio Activity on May 18, 2018, 11:02:17 AM
Guns kill people exactly the same way that pencils misspell wurds.

I wonder what the kill ratio is between the two?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 11:03:15 AM
It'll keep happening as long as guns are as accessible as bubble gum. The crim only has to be lucky once. Or in this case several times.

You can't fix stupid and you can't take away 2nd amendment rights. Now what? I suggest hardening the soft targets and stop advertising them with "Gun-Free Zone" signs. 

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 11:04:48 AM
I wonder what the kill ratio is between the two?

And this matters why?

GravitySucks

Sante Fe used to have the reputation for being almost as racist as Vidor with the exception that there were actually some black families living there. I am anxious to see if this was racially motivated. I think they had a lockdown in February because of rumors of an active shooter but can’t remember the details.

We have enough laws. Need to enforce the ones we have. And if this was a student we need to go after who allowed them access to the firearm.  If they were 18 they might have been aboe to legally purchase a shotgun. But guess we need to see. This is different than when I was in HS down here.

#1 we had guns in our rifle racks in the school parking lot during hunting season.
#2 there wouldn’t have been a “suspect” left standing to arrest.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Radio Activity on May 18, 2018, 11:06:00 AM
You can't fix stupid and you can't take away 2nd amendment rights. Now what? I suggest hardening the soft targets and stop advertising them with "Gun-Free Zone" signs.

I would suggest the bloke who mowed down those people in LV at the concert wasn't stupid. He knew exactly how and what he intended to do. Deranged, perhaps, but every single weapon he had was legally held.. And this myth about arming teachers or getting ex Vietnam vets to patrol a school is ludicrous. The genie is out of the bottle, so as I said, there is no problem. Politicians and the NRA who own them have no issue. They would though if it were their kids. I thought it ironic that the last NRA jamboree when Trump was whining again, no-one was allowed to take a gun inside the auditorium..

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 18, 2018, 11:12:50 AM
Sante Fe used to have the reputation for being almost as racist as Vidor with the exception that there were actually some black families living there. I am anxious to see if this was racially motivated. I think they had a lockdown in February because of rumors of an active shooter but can’t remember the details.

We have enough laws. Need to enforce the ones we have. And if this was a student we need to go after who allowed them access to the firearm.  If they were 18 they might have been aboe to legally purchase a shotgun. But guess we need to see. This is different than when I was in HS down here.

#1 we had guns in our rifle racks in the school parking lot during hunting season.
#2 there wouldn’t have been a “suspect” left standing to arrest.

It doesn't matter now how or where he got it from. The next one will do exactly the same.. Shutting the stable after the horse has bolted is useless.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 11:17:12 AM

Shutting the stable after the horse has bolted is useless.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 11:14:23 AM
The genie is out of the bottle

And I might add...
Pandora's box cannot be closed.
Those are good analogies but you might want to heed them.
Move on from the "take away the guns" narrative because you are never going to get rid of millions of guns.
That train has left the station.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 11:17:12 AM

It doesn't matter now how or where he got it from. The next one will do exactly the same.. Shutting the stable after the horse has bolted is useless.

Yours is the fucked up country responsible for the guys that built the fucking stable. 

Juan

Finally, we’ve gotten a neonazi involved with one of these. On with the blame.

albrecht

Quote from: Juan on May 18, 2018, 12:47:08 PM
Finally, we’ve gotten a neonazi involved with one of these. On with the blame.

Where have you seen that?  And lest we forget the convenience of this shooting happening so close to election time and use of shotgun and a revolver- so they can be added to the "bad list" with the "military-style assault rifles."  Wearing a trench-coat on a hot, sunny Texas day should also raise a red flag. Luckily he apparently was not adept at making explosive devices or didn't have time to set them off. Apparently they have found pressure-cooker bombs, pipe bombs, and something the radio update called "CO2 device."

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on May 18, 2018, 02:40:04 PM
Where have you seen that?

I'll help you out this time: he was kidding, I wasn't.  ;D 8)

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Radio Activity on May 18, 2018, 11:06:00 AM

You’re right about the futility of the signs. But as usual today in the U.S, people react with an either/or response to gun control. I wouldn’t suggest taking away people’s 2nd amendment rights, but a decent compromise would be getting rid of the semi & automatic assault weapons designed to kill a lot of people in the shortest amount of time.

A favorite weapon of the whacked out and paranoid, there is no logical reason to own these weapons of mass destruction other than compensation for a tiny dick, mass murder, or both. Self-protection can easily be accomplished with a handgun or shotgun. Besides, if the gubment is commin’  to knock down your door to take your hoard of weapons, it’s already too late for youâ€"one shot will do.

Gd5150

We have 22,000 gun control laws. And we’re told we need to compromise and pass more gun control legislation.

This is what you get from political leadership completely void of ideas and solutions.

Walmart, Amazon, malls, nightclubs, banks, universities, office buildings, private schools, airports, train stations, inner city schools, courthouses, prisons, all have one thing in common. Security.

But according to the zero ideas left, security is bad and Orwellian and can’t possibly be utilized in suburban public schools. Wonder why.

Juan

The neonazi business has been on a number of newscasts.  He had neonazi symbols, whatever those are, on his  Trenchcoat. According to some online reports, there were also a hammer and sickle, Japanese Kamikazes, Baphomet, and, of course, Cthulhu. But the neonazi symbols get the press.

Jackstar

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 18, 2018, 04:23:15 PM
a decent compromise would be getting rid of the semi & automatic assault weapons designed to kill a lot of people in the shortest amount of time

I don't think your plan addresses the existence of 3d printing, black market implementation thereof is easily able modify to existing weapons. Whatever is taken away from the lawful citizenry, will simply be replicated by criminals.

I think a decent compromise would be one where you don't task yourself to live in a country founded on the principle of gun ownership as its second pillar. Like, what are you, a glutton for punishment? GTFO, tits or not.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 18, 2018, 04:23:15 PM
You’re right about the futility of the signs. But as usual today in the U.S, people react with an either/or response to gun control. I wouldn’t suggest taking away people’s 2nd amendment rights, but a decent compromise would be getting rid of the semi & automatic assault weapons designed to kill a lot of people in the shortest amount of time.

A favorite weapon of the whacked out and paranoid, there is no logical reason to own these weapons of mass destruction other than compensation for a tiny dick, mass murder, or both. Self-protection can easily be accomplished with a handgun or shotgun. Besides, if the gubment is commin’  to knock down your door to take your hoard of weapons, it’s already too late for youâ€"one shot will do.

You do realize that he didn't use an assault weapon?  He used a sawed-off shotgun and a .38. Neither are semi and automatics are heavily restricted.  No one can just go into a store and buy an automatic.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 05:53:27 PM
You do realize that he didn't use an assault weapon?  He used a sawed-off shotgun and a .38. Neither are semi and automatics are heavily restricted.  No one can just go into a store and buy an automatic.

Ten deaths are too many. All the more reason to get rid of the semis, automatics. It could have been worse. These shooters are all basically suicidal, they can accomplish that with one bullet.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on May 18, 2018, 05:48:39 PM
I don't think your plan addresses the existence of 3d printing, black market implementation thereof is easily able modify to existing weapons. Whatever is taken away from the lawful citizenry, will simply be replicated by criminals.

I think a decent compromise would be one where you don't task yourself to live in a country founded on the principle of gun ownership as its second pillar. Like, what are you, a glutton for punishment? GTFO, tits or not.

Instead of delivering flowers, what about being a counsellor to the parents of children who have had their limbs and heads blown off? Take flowers, yeah?

albrecht

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 18, 2018, 06:30:42 PM
Ten deaths are too many. All the more reason to get rid of the semis, automatics. It could have been worse. These shooters are all basically suicidal, they can accomplish that with one bullet.
He didn't kill himself and didn't even try the more cowardice 'suicide by cop.' Also some of these politically convenient shooters who are killed are done so in somewhat mysterious ways. The BLM shooter up in Dallas was, maybe, killed by a 'robocop' robot deal. The shooter in LV had some amazing shooting capacity  in terms of rounds and weapons for a single-shooter but considering the weaponry a low kill rate but his suicide looked pretty clean. And weird that that photo was released but the LVPD are still complaining that releasing other details to the public are "a burden." The other problem- we will see with this loser- is that many of these bombers, shooters, etc, whether Muslim, angry white guys, or crazy teenage losers, are known to the family, school, local PD, often even the FBI and State authorities. But you have things like Obama policy for criminal students, the FBI worrying about "profiling," agencies allowing crazy people to roam the street, or people not believing that "their crazy" will do something or "it can't happen here." The media coverage and glee with which the media and certain politicians or pressure groups greet shootings, especially a school shooting- not so much coverage or comments on the daily shootings in an urban area, or all the veteran suicides, or 'family annihilators,' mean copycats happen. "I'll be famous" "Hey, thanks a good way to get back at people" etc.