• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Now What? Something strange is going on in America | Another *Bizarre* 'Incident

Started by starrmtn001, April 04, 2017, 03:57:11 PM

Plus a beautiful young lady died in a pancake eating contest, followed shortly by a dude trying to hog down a half pound doughnut at
Voodoo's Doughnut Shop

https://www.rt.com/usa/383371-choke-death-pancakes-donut-eating-contests/

Strange times indeed

Ciardelo

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on April 04, 2017, 03:57:11 PM
Something strange is going on in America | Another *Bizarre* 'Incident.  4.4.17.

sumptheen happening

True story.

My brother was dating his now wife back when Skylab was falling. Her father insisted she couldn't be gone long because she would be safer from the Skylab when she was at home.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 04, 2017, 04:13:02 PM
Plus a beautiful young lady died in a pancake eating contest, followed shortly by a dude trying to hog down a half pound doughnut at
Voodoo's Doughnut Shop

https://www.rt.com/usa/383371-choke-death-pancakes-donut-eating-contests/

Strange times indeed

Damn that whole gluten intolerance thingy.

Dr. MD MD

Directed energy beam. The same thing that disintegrated the twin towers. Strange days, indeed! Most peculiar, Mama! Whoa! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCy0tyBJKlw

Ciardelo

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on April 04, 2017, 05:03:30 PM
Boilers and water heaters can be deadly check your T&P valves for proper operation yearly yo.

some water heaters blowing up

How do you "check" it?

mikuthing01

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 04, 2017, 05:09:01 PM
How do you "check" it?

flush it yearly to make sure it still opens, last time i checked mine the water dripped for a few days and i keep forgetting to replace it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMDTEjJUImw

starrmtn001

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on April 04, 2017, 05:12:11 PM
flush it yearly to make sure it still opens, last time i checked mine the water dripped for a few days and i keep forgetting to replace it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMDTEjJUImw
Thank you for the heads-up and maintenance tips.  These puppies could cause a lot of damage, or worse if they pop.

mikuthing01

I have really bad water and i have to empty my water heater every 5 years and shop vac the sediment out of the bottom of the tank and usually replace the bottom heating element (electric water heater). Water heaters have a Anode rod that deteriorates and you are supposed to replace them regularly but no one does. Replacing the anode rod regularly will extend the life of the tank and keep it from rusting.

comparison of new and old anode rods

Ciardelo

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on April 04, 2017, 05:29:29 PM
I have really bad water and i have to empty my water heater every 5 years and shop vac the sediment out of the bottom of the tank and usually replace the bottom heating element (electric water heater). Water heaters have a Anode rod that deteriorates and you are supposed to replace them regularly but no one does. Replacing the anode rod regularly will extend the life of the tank and keep it from rusting.

comparison of new and old anode rods

Huh. Thanks again.  :) My hot water tank is like nine years old...hmm. And it's right below where I sleep. Damn.

Thanks  >:(

mikuthing01

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 04, 2017, 05:48:54 PM
Huh. Thanks again.  :) My hot water tank is like nine years old...hmm. And it's right below where I sleep. Damn.

Thanks  >:(

I think your house is trying to kill you bro

Also anode rods can be quite long 29" to 44" in length. Sometimes they will hit the ceiling before they come out of the tank. You can cut some of the rod off with a hack saw to get it to fit. But if it's in a really tight place you can buy anode rods like this that have links so you dont have to worry about hitting the ceiling or whatever might be in the way.

Jojo

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 04, 2017, 05:09:01 PM
How do you "check" it?
An indirect way to know there is a problem is to notice if a toilet runs during off-hours for no apparent reason.  I used to sleep near a hot water tank, and the toilet ran in the wee hours during periods of no use, probably from pressure building up.

So I turned on the nearest sink and let it trickle all night to reduce pressure.

I also turned the heater down to 120 to reduce risk.  Not supposed to go over that.

Forums explained how to really test the pressure, but I opted out because I wasn't sure I was strong enough to put the test parts back to normal if they did fail!  And the live in landlady would've had a cow.

Even moving the bed to another wall could reduce risk.  The handyman forums guys laughed at me but after the you tubes, it is no laughing matter.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Jojo on January 22, 2018, 09:18:29 PM
An indirect way to know there is a problem is to notice if a toilet runs during off-hours for no apparent reason.  I used to sleep near a hot water tank, and the toilet ran in the wee hours during periods of no use, probably from pressure building up.

So I turned on the nearest sink and let it trickle all night to reduce pressure.

I also turned the heater down to 120 to reduce risk.  Not supposed to go over that.

Forums explained how to really test the pressure, but I opted out because I wasn't sure I was strong enough to put the test parts back to normal if they did fail!  And the live in landlady would've had a cow.

Even moving the bed to another wall could reduce risk.  The handyman forums guys laughed at me but after the you tubes, it is no laughing matter.

Toilets only run if the float is not set correctly or the flapper is warped. Or or you get really unlucky and the flapper seat is damaged you might as well just replace the whole fucking toilet at that point because they are a nightmare to replace. But 99% chance it was a bad flapper de geso~

Asuka Langley

This is now a indoor plumbing thread, post sinks!

Gd5150

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on January 22, 2018, 09:41:03 PM
This is now a indoor plumbing thread, post sinks!

I’d waste so much water playing with that.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 22, 2018, 09:47:31 PM
I’d waste so much water playing with that.

Steam Punku sink! sugoi desu ne!