• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Woman's March Washington DC thread.

Started by The King of Kings, January 21, 2017, 01:41:00 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: pyewacket on January 22, 2017, 01:56:41 PM
Offer those lines to this one and see if they fly. I'll bet she's got the 'music in her'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpkdusnIkE

Oh dear.  Out of deference to Lily I will not say what is on my mind but, in fairness, I have seen a number of specimens of rural American female, daunting in proportion and terrible in aspect, who yield nothing to that creature.

Juan

She strikes me as a whiner. Members of the press frequently resort to pushing and shoving, turning off cameras, unplugging mic cables, etc. to keep another reporter from getting a story.  As for the guy who hit her, she has a suucessful story of an idiot displaying his stupidity foe the world to see.  When I was a news photographer, most were very big people just to avoid trouble like this.

pyewacket

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 22, 2017, 07:58:15 PM
Oh dear.  Out of deference to Lily I will not say what is on my mind but, in fairness, I have seen a number of specimens of rural American female, daunting in proportion and terrible in aspect, who yield nothing to that creature.

You are a gentleman, K_Dubb. Really- if she was well mannered and kind to the people around her instead of the spectacle she made of herself, she would be seen in a different light.

pyewacket

Quote from: Juan on January 22, 2017, 08:11:48 PM
She strikes me as a whiner. Members of the press frequently resort to pushing and shoving, turning off cameras, unplugging mic cables, etc. to keep another reporter from getting a story.  As for the guy who hit her, she has a suucessful story of an idiot displaying his stupidity foe the world to see.  When I was a news photographer, most were very big people just to avoid trouble like this.

I think she played it up a bit too, but she did get a nice, little slice of irony to serve up though.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 22, 2017, 07:05:08 PM
That's exactly how I feel.  It is ok to be a pussy-grabber if you are on the left but god help you if you are on the right.  What is wrong is wrong and should apply to both sides.

I know! I'm used to Republicans being closet homosexuals. Would people please stick with their own stereotypes? Is that too much to ask?!  ::) :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Chefist on January 22, 2017, 08:12:21 PM
The most beautiful video ever made...

So many artists and actors have revealed themselves to be such idiots in real life that I just don't know if I can ever support them as artists again. Yeah, no big deal that one guy boycots them, I know...but if millions like me do, well, then it really will effect them personally.  ;)

Wynonna Judd distances herself from sister, Ashley.  I was happy to see this.

Wynonna Judd Goes Full-Force Patriotic After Sister Ashley's Rant at the Women's March

http://ijr.com/2017/01/783733-wynonna-judd-goes-full-force-patriotic-after-sister-ashleys-rant-at-the-womens-march/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=afternoon-newsletter&utm_medium=owned

pyewacket

I know there's far more going on with this 'movement' and I'm sure the truth will out in time.

Earlier in this thread, I posted a photo of three average women like the ones you would see in your own community. I didn't choose younger, more flamboyant looking women to make a point. There you have 3 ladies who were protesting Trump in general and his use of the word, "pussy" in particular. These women stood there proudly holding up signs using the same, offensive term.

Let me get this straight- 11 or 12 years ago, Trump uses vulgar terms in what he thought was a private conversation, away from mixed company and the public forum and we should all be outraged? I don't condone his behaviour, but I'm sure worse than that has been said. Take a look at what is on display in our pop culture- by women as well as men.

These women protesters hold up signs with vulgar messages and objectify themselves with the very same term, "pussy", some even dressing the part and this is acceptable? Not only that, they did this in mixed company, in front of children, not only on the national but the global stage and this is somehow appropriate?

Let's not forget those uplifting speeches by Madonna and Judd.

As the late Rep. James Traficant used to say, "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker."

aldousburbank

Quote from: pyewacket on January 23, 2017, 04:58:58 PM
I know there's far more going on with this 'movement' and I'm sure the truth will out in time.

Earlier in this thread, I posted a photo of three average women like the ones you would see in your own community. I didn't choose younger, more flamboyant looking women to make a point. There you have 3 ladies who were protesting Trump in general and his use of the word, "pussy" in particular. These women stood there proudly holding up signs using the same, offensive term.

Let me get this straight- 11 or 12 years ago, Trump uses vulgar terms in what he thought was a private conversation, away from mixed company and the public forum and we should all be outraged? I don't condone his behaviour, but I'm sure worse than that has been said. Take a look at what is on display in our pop culture- by women as well as men.

These women protesters hold up signs with vulgar messages and objectify themselves with the very same term, "pussy", some even dressing the part and this is acceptable? Not only that, they did this in mixed company, in front of children, not only on the national but the global stage and this is somehow appropriate?

This makes far too much sense for this forum.
Reported.

pyewacket

Quote from: aldousburbank on January 23, 2017, 05:11:44 PM
This makes far too much sense for this forum.
Reported.

Dang! Was I supposed to swear? You've got to get me up to speed on these things, aldous.  ;) ;D

RoseGirl

Quote from: pyewacket on January 23, 2017, 04:58:58 PM

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/07/27/ex-wife-donald-trump-made-feel-violated-during-sex.html

my mother even thought all those women interviewed were ugly, probably never had (or have) a man and showed very little intelligence ?
I did not see any I would be interested in at all
(I prefer university educated attractive ladies...not a homely feminazi)

GravitySucks

Quote from: RoseGirl on January 23, 2017, 05:54:19 PM
Quote from: RoseGirl on January 05, 2017, 06:36:10 PM
****RoseGirl's Last Post****

You know those four kids on CNN right now....the ones that lured their friend who couldn't defend himself and then cornered him, humiliated him, abused him and then tortured him...just what is the difference between that and what goes on here at BellGab? Or, indeed, in this very thread? Asking for a friend.

I mean really, was the kid bacon flavoured or something?

pyewacket

That didn't take long.

Transgender Activists Upset Over ‘White Cis Women March’
Women's march 'dangerous space' with 'oppressive message' that 'having a vagina is essential to womanhood'

http://freebeacon.com/culture/white-cis-women-march/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 23, 2017, 06:34:50 PM
That didn't take long.

Transgender Activists Upset Over ‘White Cis Women March’
Women's march 'dangerous space' with 'oppressive message' that 'having a vagina is essential to womanhood'

http://freebeacon.com/culture/white-cis-women-march/

I can't speak for other Yorkshiremen or indeed other heterosexual men (even the one or two American ones); but I can confirm from my point of view, a vagina is absolutely a pre-requisite to the definition of a woman. Yes. But I'm willing to take a straw poll on that to see what other blokes think.

pyewacket

Quote from: Justin drives a Prius on January 23, 2017, 06:40:05 PM

I can't speak for other Yorkshiremen or indeed other heterosexual men (even the one or two American ones); but I can confirm from my point of view, a vagina is absolutely a pre-requisite to the definition of a woman. Yes. But I'm willing to take a straw poll on that to see what other blokes think.

You shudna said that, YP- you'd better hide.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Nice try but no one believes you're straight.  :D

WOTR

To be fair, I have never been with a woman who was lacking one- so I really cannot contribute to the conversation nor offer up an opinion.  ;)

The CBC played clips form a 6 year olds speech (Sophie Cruz) that made me vomit.  Yeah, I'm sure nobody has coached her to yell that love will bring the world together and wrote her thoughts the words to her speech out for her.

And then they played an excerpt from ____ Davis (the communist party organizer in the US) who was upset with white men and talked about freedom (something that communists are renowned for.)

All in all, it reminded me why Trump won.

Juan

I suspect a primary motivation for the organizers was collecting contact data for future elections.  I lost my job just as Obama was being elected, and I applied for everything I could - including the Obama transition team.  Even though I registered as an independent, I received email from Obama and from national and local Democrats for his entire time in office.  During the recent election, I received numerous text messages from the Hillary campaign.

GravitySucks

Quote from: pyewacket on January 24, 2017, 10:23:40 AM
Gross!

Someone has to fight for the women of all genders...

Is this like a real life South Park episode?

pyewacket

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 24, 2017, 10:33:08 AM

Sounds like it. I bet they will have a field day with this event. How many genders for women are there?

AAFAIK- there were 58 genders- not sure how many apply to women exclusively.

The following are the 58 gender options identified by ABC News:

Agender
    Androgyne
    Androgynous
    Bigender
    Cis
    Cisgender
    Cis Female
    Cis Male
    Cis Man
    Cis Woman
    Cisgender Female
    Cisgender Male
    Cisgender Man
    Cisgender Woman
    Female to Male
    FTM
    Gender Fluid
    Gender Nonconforming
    Gender Questioning
    Gender Variant
    Genderqueer
    Intersex
    Male to Female
    MTF
    Neither
    Neutrois
    Non-binary
    Other
    Pangender
    Trans
    Trans*
    Trans Female
    Trans* Female
    Trans Male
    Trans* Male
    Trans Man
    Trans* Man
    Trans Person
    Trans* Person
    Trans Woman
    Trans* Woman
    Transfeminine
    Transgender
    Transgender Female
    Transgender Male
    Transgender Man
    Transgender Person
    Transgender Woman
    Transmasculine
    Transsexual
    Transsexual Female
    Transsexual Male
    Transsexual Man
    Transsexual Person
    Transsexual Woman
    Two-Spirit

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/02/heres-a-list-of-58-gender-options-for-facebook-users/

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 24, 2017, 10:33:08 AM

If it's not already, I'm sure it soon will be.  ;) 

pyewacket

Two-Spirit

Does that make an exorcism an oppressive removal of a same sex partner?  ???