• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

RandomCast - A Podcast

Started by heater, November 27, 2016, 08:46:17 PM

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 24, 2017, 12:57:22 PM
... That's what makes it fun...

Exactly.  I'm shocked, but not surprised people took it that seriously.

Quote from: chefist on August 24, 2017, 12:53:07 PM
Exactly...I probably put in around 1 hour getting MT together...and I'm laughing the whole time (as one would expect).  ;D

Oh well...ce la vie.

Whatever you're doing, keep doing that.  The show is great fun.  I think sticking with the doings of Falkie and his world is best, and not getting distracted with other topics.

Lilith

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 24, 2017, 12:58:55 PM
I think it should be spontaneous as well, a list of topics seems very adequate for show prep

I enjoy the spontaneous shows the best. Just my personal choice.  With bellgabbers having so much going on around bellgab that they are looking forward to talking to other bellgabbers about, a list is always helpful for those "quiet moments", so you can check your list real quick for something to fill the silence with, but probably rarely happens around here lol's

chefist

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 24, 2017, 12:57:22 PM
And that is exactly how it should be. If you aren't having fun doing it don't do it. I got approached by someone else to do radio last year but due to my anti/won't kiss Heather Wade's ass and my politics I didn't get the gig. LOL. It's hilarious to me that some people think she is a big name in radio. That's like saying I am a famous auther ::) What I have found is most of the time people have a script and they want you to stick to it. That never works for me, I am the wild card, or if you will a loose cannon when I do this. That's what makes it fun. Unless I am recording my music podcast then it is totally different thing. But even that is half-assed. LOL

Some real quality programming there by golly.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: chefist on August 24, 2017, 01:04:18 PM
Some real quality programming there by golly.
hahahahahaha yeah I have heard that. I usually listen to the bits people post but haven't listened to her since she started really.

The best people I listen to do very little show prep other than a few articles to drive their show. They rely on the interaction with callers to carry it. I mean seriously why do all the work when the weirdos I mean listeners will call in and do it for you. But then again I have never done this as a job and only know what works best with my personality.

Quote from: mv on August 24, 2017, 12:29:33 PM
yup.  they viewed the falkie thread as some sort of cancer on humanity and thought it was beneath them to even acknowledge its existence.  very unbellgab.

i think what primarily caused them to leave the forum (exception onan, his problem was politics) was the change in how gabcast hosts are selected.  as you'll recall, at one time, eddie/jaz/b_dubb were the regular hosts of every gabcast.  eventually, they brought ponyboysunset on and made her a regular, but for whatever reason, they immediately regretted it and came to me looking for a solution.  my solution was to use a "volunteer system" where anyone could host the podcast; no more "regulars," no more personnel problems for me fix, and no singling anyone out.  eddie dean/jaz/b_dubb were angered by this move, but i only found out there was anger because jazmunda told me.  the other two just silently stewed in their resentment. 

when eddie dean started hosting the gabcast (episode two?), he opened a skype account for the show, which we all had access to.  the account had dozens of bellgabbers on its contact list.  naturally, they'd regularly contact me there for forum related stuff since, uhh, i own the forum.  when it became clear eddie had quit hosting, i asked him if i could take over that skype account since it made 1000% more sense to use it for bellgab administrative stuff rather than use my personal skype.  he responded to the request by blasting period blood all over a perfectly good computer monitor.  in retrospect, i might as well have asked permission to date his mom.  he proudly informed me he "wasn't interested in doing me any favors" and the conversation didn't go far from there.  i would have started that skype account myself if i'd known it was eventually going to be held hostage like that.  weak.

just some fun thursday afternoon forum gossip for you.

I will say those four had a certain chemistry together - even if two of them were quite unmemorable as posters - but it sounds like they took it just a wee bit too seriously.  What, being associated with a website that had a Falkie thread was going to derail their trip to fame and fortune as podcasters?   

akwilly

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 24, 2017, 12:28:36 PM
I predict they will both make well in excess of $100 million each, and will hug in the ring after the match.

I've never even heard of these guys.  Is this boxing or one of the dumb offshoots?  If it's boxing, is is heavyweight, or one of the lesser classes?
damnit I wish you were a gambler lol

chefist

Quote from: akwilly on August 24, 2017, 01:09:39 PM
damnit I wish you were a gambler lol

The line is 475:350 Mayweather...that's a lot closer than 2250/950 not that long ago. Interesting.

akwilly

Quote from: chefist on August 24, 2017, 01:18:06 PM
The line is 475:350 Mayweather...that's a lot closer than 2250/950 not that long ago. Interesting.
Vegas is expecting to take on large Mayweather bets in the next 48 hours. As it stands 24 out of every 25 tickets were placed on MacGregor but the money will even out before the fight because Mayweather should be a 50-1 favorite and at only a 5-1 favorite this is perhaps the best gambling situation I can remember seeing

chefist

Quote from: akwilly on August 24, 2017, 01:24:34 PM
Vegas is expecting to take on large Mayweather bets in the next 48 hours. As it stands 24 out of every 25 tickets were placed on MacGregor but the money will even out before the fight because Mayweather should be a 50-1 favorite and at only a 5-1 favorite this is perhaps the best gambling situation I can remember seeing

I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to be on Curtis' thread/feed. Should be a blast watching and chatting.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: themudking on August 24, 2017, 10:56:08 AM
Was 100% sure you were talking about me. 
not at all.

This person was mostly a joyless twat.

Onan was an old grump but I liked his posts. Eddie Dean seemed all right to me, but who knows. Jazmunda was hard to dislike.

I think whatever fallout this site experienced was a mix of Bell and Heather not getting the level of veneration these people expected and their dismay with the Falkie thread dominating all of one (1) sub-board. I've seen this at play on other forums so it's not just 'a Bellgab thing'.

My wife won't even glance at Bellgab so I understand it's not everyone’s cup of tea, and that some might actually become nauseated by the place. But these posters were here for years and knew it for what it was.

chefist

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on August 24, 2017, 02:22:04 PM
not at all.

This person was mostly a joyless twat.

Onan was an old grump but I liked his posts. Eddie Dean seemed all right to me, but who knows. Jazmunda was hard to dislike.

I think whatever fallout this site experienced was a mix of Bell and Heather not getting the level of veneration these people expected and their dismay with the Falkie thread dominating all of one (1) sub-board. I've seen this at play on other forums so it's not just 'a Bellgab thing'.

My wife won't even glance at Bellgab so I understand it's not everyone’s cup of tea, and that some might actually become nauseated by the place. But these posters were here for years and knew it for what it was.

Interesting. Care to elaborate?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: bateman on August 24, 2017, 10:31:46 AM
That one in particular acted like more of an old lady than the actual old ladies here.

After reading the recent posts you all sound like a bunch of old ladies at a hair salon. I liked b_dubb. What's wrong with having a dissenting opinion on a podcast?

chefist

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 24, 2017, 06:46:34 PM
After reading the recent posts you all sound like a bunch of old ladies at a hair salon. I liked b_dubb.

Guess the love affair is over.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: chefist on August 24, 2017, 06:51:25 PM
Guess the love affair is over.

Never! I just have to get rid of my competition. That's right, mudking! It's on!

starrmtn001

After reading the recent posts you all sound like a bunch of old ladies at a hair salon saloon. I liked b_dubb. What's wrong with having a dissenting opinion on a podcast?
FIFY. ;) ;D

heater

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 24, 2017, 07:21:04 PM
Never! I just have to get rid of my competition. That's right, mudking! It's on!

The great game continues.

bateman

After reading the recent posts you all sound like a bunch of old ladies at a hair salon. I liked b_dubb. What's wrong with having a dissenting opinion on a podcast?

Dissenting opinions are one thing, I think it was the endless groaning (literal groaning) about anything that fell outside this particular individual's boundaries of acceptable conversation that grated on people. Delicate sensibilities.

chefist

Quote from: bateman on August 24, 2017, 08:21:23 PM
Dissenting opinions are one thing, I think it was the endless groaning (literal groaning) about anything that fell outside this particular individual's boundaries of acceptable conversation that grated on people. Delicate sensibilities.

Lolz...I don't even understand what that old lady pic means...
A judge! Ha

bateman

Quote from: chefist on August 24, 2017, 08:29:01 PM
Lolz...I don't even understand what that old lady pic means...
A judge! Ha

She's getting a perm, you silly goose.

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 24, 2017, 10:43:03 AM
Biggest buzzkill ever. We were talking about strippers on one of our short lived shows and he buzz killed the whole thing by bringing up how he went to a stripper once and saw all the scars from her cutting herself. As a matter of fact I am pretty sure bateman was on the phone with us at the time. Ugh. Way to kill the whole sexy stripper vibe dude.  >:(

He and Rowland align perfectly with Code Monkey on the spectrum.

ponyboysunset

It's not the dissenting opinions I was objecting to but bringing the whole show to a screeching halt. Then again I'm sure I was waaaaaaay to over the top for some people. Shrug. I'm sure he'll be happy to know that he has a fan.  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 25, 2017, 07:23:35 AM
It's not the dissenting opinions I was objecting to but bringing the whole show to a screeching halt. Then again I'm sure I was waaaaaaay to over the top for some people. Shrug. I'm sure he'll be happy to know that he has a fan.  ;D

Sure seemed to be like an inordinate amount of show prep to discuss vagina wall art.

damon

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 25, 2017, 07:23:35 AM
PBS are you going to host and/or co-host a Randomcast show?

Yorkshire pud

Emergency random cast to discuss the specifics of AB's stalker? Oh, that's been done...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on August 25, 2017, 07:27:00 AM
Sure seemed to be like an inordinate amount of show prep to discuss vagina wall art.

A thorough investigation, detailed analysis and wide ranging findings of all things pertaining to vaginas is manditory. Or so a friend tells me. Yes.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: damon on August 25, 2017, 07:29:01 AM
PBS are you going to host and/or co-host a Randomcast show?
No, I think the mudking should keep his show the way it is. It is working for him. I might call in sometime but that is unlikely as I am rarely up any later than 9PM EST. I work early.

damon

Quote from: ponyboysunset on August 25, 2017, 08:27:37 AM
No, I think the mudking should keep his show the way it is. It is working for him. I might call in sometime but that is unlikely as I am rarely up any later than 9PM EST. I work early.
OK, I do enjoy listening to you. I hope that you can call in.