• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Parris001

I'm brand new to the forum. I started listening to the Art Bell Show in 2000 on WLAC in Nashville. And Art wasn't without his faults. But Noory........ I can't stand that SOB. What a moron. Does anyone know if he's drunk while he's doing his shows? My bet would be, yeah. Hammered.

The man is totally out of his depth. He has no passion for any subject he's speaking about. His guests are tired old retreads that do little to bring new subject matter to the show. He has a string of sycophant callers that regularly call in to the show just to stroke his ego. All in all, it's just a terrible show. My question is, how do we pressure or who do we pressure to get him dethroned?

Mizak

Quote from: Parris001 on September 17, 2017, 05:16:42 AM
I'm brand new to the forum. I started listening to the Art Bell Show in 2000 on WLAC in Nashville. And Art wasn't without his faults. But Noory........ I can't stand that SOB. What a moron. Does anyone know if he's drunk while he's doing his shows? My bet would be, yeah. Hammered.

The man is totally out of his depth. He has no passion for any subject he's speaking about. His guests are tired old retreads that do little to bring new subject matter to the show. He has a string of sycophant callers that regularly call in to the show just to stroke his ego. All in all, it's just a terrible show. My question is, how do we pressure or who do we pressure to get him dethroned?

Welcome..No he is not drunk he's just that bad. It's Arts' sorry ass that CTC has Noory.HE GETS IT!
gns the big one !

lol did any of you listen to Dave whatever his name is tonight? His theme tonight was True Crime - his first guest was a researcher who claims that Jack the Ripper was also America's first serial killer. I barely listened to his nonsense as I was also chatting with friends online at the time.

But the second guest, an older woman named Sondra London, got more of my attention. He presented her as a respected renowned journalist/researcher that has been writing about serial killers for 20 years. I checked her out on Amazon and she did write a jailhouse memoir with a real serial killer in 1996. So to me she seemed somewhat legit and I do enjoy true crime stories. Dave said Sondra has a bizarre story, a true story, and it's told in a book Sondra has written titled Good Little Soldiers. Dave gets off to weird start with Sondra, I came in a few minutes late to it and thought maybe she was a caller because she actually sounds like many of the older female open phone callers, at times she seems confused by Dave's penetrating questions or unsure why she is even on the show. Dave finally gets around to getting her to tell this bizarre story. The book is a memoir of a woman named Dianne now 62 years old growing up with her older brother Steven as witnesses and victims of their sadistic serial killer father, Silvestra, a Lithuanian who emigrated to the US during WWII.  The book is written from the point of view of 6 year old Dianne.  At this point even with the author sounding a tad suspect it sounded promising to me. Dave has to keep her on topic so we can hear the story because she does seem befuddled. I begin to lose faith when Sondra tells us about the father's background and how he got to this country.  Silvestra it turns out was a Nazi collaborator who worked in a death camp and took part in mass killings of presumably Jews, he told the story to his young children how he threw the bodies into a pit and that many were still alive so he'd jump into the pit and slit the throats of those still breathing. Not long before describing this event she had mentioned that Silvestra came to the US in 1929 so when I hear this WWII story of course alarm bells go off and I begin to realize we're dealing with another typical Coast guest. A caller later on in the show called her out on this impossible chronology but he thought she said 1939, I remember 1929, whatever, even if she said 1939 the Germans didn't move into Lithuania until 1941. Sondra being informed of this is somewhat embarrassed but not as much as she should be, allows that the caller might very well be right but that's the story Dianne told her and she will have to some research. Yes it's always best to do your research a year after the publishing of a book. So now I know that this entire 'true crime horror' story comes from one person, Dianne, and the co-author has done absolutely no research to determine if this story in whole or part has any basis in reality.  The story continues on and it's got more holes than a rack of Tim Horton's donuts. Silvestra is recruited out of this Nazi death camp by the Allies, according to Sondra because he has dual citizenship and has the right stuff to be a 'double agent' lol none of it makes any real sense. I read a blurb about this book on Amazon and the book suggests is that Silvestra was part of Operation Paper Clip, which of course is a popular meme Coast's conspiracy guests latch onto. So anyway Silvestra is brought to America where he is employed at an Army base as a cook, he marries and has these two children. When Dad isn't doing his secret agent work or being a cook at the army base he finds time to indulge his hobby of being a serial killer, many of his victims, the number of which Sondra doesn't say, are children, tortured and killed in various ways. Silvestra is an involved dad, pretty rare for the 50s and 60s, he takes his children with him on his killing sprees. Dianne and Stephen of course are traumatized by what they witness, who wouldn't be. They attend a Catholic school and one day little Dianne can't hold in the horror any longer and confides to a nun teacher that her father is a serial killer and that she has seen it with her own eyes. The nun gets angry with Dianne for telling such disrespectful lies but Dianne is brave and tells the nun that Stephen has seen it too. This was my favorite part of the interview because Sondra actually acts it out, she becomes Dianne, it was like you were right there in the room with little Dianne begging for help. The exasperated nun takes Dianne to the priest in charge of the school and Stephen is called in as well, he corroborates Dianne's story. And nothing is done, no investigation, no police but word does get back to the serial killer dad that his children had attempted to snitch on him. He takes them out to the woods in the middle of the night, he terrorizes them, burning Dianne with a hot poker, and leaving them in the woods. They make it home the next day battered burned and bruised but remarkably the mother doesn't notice they've been missing and now here they are looking like escapees from a real death camp and nothing is done. Oh, I forgot, as if having a serial killer dad who makes you watch him torturing and killing isn't enough of a cross for a child to bear Dianne and Stephen are enlisted by their parents into the MK Ultra program where they are subjected to all sorts of ghastly mind control and drug experiments.

Dave who no doubt booked this guest and thought it was a good idea is now clearly doubting the entire story and just wants to get to the end of the hour.  He doesn't even bother asking if this woman Dianne who has witnessed multiple murders through her childhood has ever contacted the police in the locales where these murders happened as there must be many unsolved cold cases of children and adult who went missing.

Shameless, laughable yes but still shameless how a show operates this way, even a show that revolves around the paranormal and conspiracy theories has to have some standards. Hmmm ... maybe not  ;D

ItsOver

... Does anyone know if he's drunk while he's doing his shows? My bet would be, yeah. Hammered...

Jorch is a "giving" guy.  All those vino bottles behind him are for his guest diner.

Parris001

There are a lot of Coast guest hosts that I'd like to see fill the chair and take the reigns from Snoory.

Dave Schrader is pretty good. As is George Knapp. But my favorite is Richard Syrette.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on September 17, 2017, 05:31:15 AM

I loved your vivid account of Guest No. 2's story there; but you did leave off the most horrible, poignantly compelling part; when the Lithuanian-Nazi-Collaborating-Serial-Killing-Army-Cook Dad wrested his little girl's beloved STEIFF TEDDY BEAR from her arms, STABBED a hot poker into its left eye, RIPPED off its limbs, then TOSSED the mangled Teddy into the flames of the campfire, all to terrorize 6-year old Dianne with thoughts of what horrors SHE might face, if she dared to TALK about what she knew, and what she saw.

Why don't you like George Noory, he seems like a very nice man?

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on September 17, 2017, 05:31:15 AM
Shameless, laughable yes but still shameless how a show operates this way, even a show that revolves around the paranormal and conspiracy theories has to have some standards. Hmmm ... maybe not  ;D
Were you not entertained? I was. The shaky voice was the dead giveaway. That and the KISS/Siouxsie Sioux makeup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAc8BnmSNmY
Mudking beware, this is what happens when you look into the void

Parris001

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 17, 2017, 10:55:20 AM
Why don't you like George Noory, he seems like a very nice man?

Snoory lacks the passion or the depth to do C2C.

I doubt Snoory believes a single topic raised or addressed on Coast. Unless it's a fortune teller. Ol' George LOVES him some fortune teller............

Parris001

Quote from: Étouffée on September 17, 2017, 10:52:55 AM
I loved your vivid account of Guest No. 2's story there; but you did leave off the most horrible, poignantly compelling part; when the Lithuanian-Nazi-Collaborating-Serial-Killing-Army-Cook Dad wrested his little girl's beloved STEIFF TEDDY BEAR from her arms, STABBED a hot poker into its left eye, RIPPED off its limbs, then TOSSED the mangled Teddy into the flames of the campfire, all to terrorize 6-year old Dianne with thoughts of what horrors SHE might face, if she dared to TALK about what she knew, and what she saw.

Yeah. That was rather odd.

I was driving back from Memphis. Listened to that show............ it was some of the weirdest crap I've heard on Coast in a while.

Quote from: Parris001 on September 17, 2017, 03:48:48 PM
Snoory lacks the passion or the depth to do C2C.

I doubt Snoory believes a single topic raised or addressed on Coast. Unless it's a fortune teller. Ol' George LOVES him some fortune teller............

George is very passionte when he reports tragic and unusual injuries and deaths of children and animals. 

And has many ideas he shares about health and nutrition.  My understanding is he has tdone his best to get Tommy to slim down and regularly go othe gym, but to no avail.

Parris001

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 17, 2017, 04:07:28 PM
George is very passionte when he reports tragic and unusual injuries and deaths of children and animals. 

And has many ideas he shares about health and nutrition.  My understanding is he has tdone his best to get Tommy to slim down and regularly go othe gym, but to no avail.

Dr Wallach................ I've heard about enough of that clown. Again, I don't think George practices what he preaches. He's Mr Health and Nutrition......... yet he'll shove a Totino's pizza roll in his pie hole? Were there super beets in those pizza rolls?

Quote from: Parris001 on September 17, 2017, 07:28:50 PM
Dr Wallach................ I've heard about enough of that clown. Again, I don't think George practices what he preaches. He's Mr Health and Nutrition......... yet he'll shove a Totino's pizza roll in his pie hole? Were there super beets in those pizza rolls?

Aw, anyone could burn their mouth not realizing how hot they can get

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 17, 2017, 04:07:28 PM

Here is an odd story that Norry would like. No death but an abused, physically and emotionally, child, a clown used for discipline
(Norry fears clowns,) and an armed drunk with a quick response, but luckily bad aim, to clown infiltration.
http://kxan.com/2017/09/17/man-wears-clown-mask-to-scare-daughter-gunshot-is-fired/
Summary:
"Dion Santiago, a man at the apartment, fired a gunshot into his yard, but didn’t hit Barrett, who was still wearing clown mask, police said. Barrett was charged with child endangerment and inducing panic and Santiago was charged with using weapons while intoxicated, the report said. He claimed the girl’s mother is serving jail time for child endangerment after being convicted of breaking four of the girl’s ribs, police said. Barrett said his daughter was having behavioral issues, but he decided to scare her as discipline instead of spanking because of what her mother did, the report said."

Quote from: Étouffée on September 17, 2017, 10:52:55 AM

lol she was quite dramatic, reminds me of every high school drama teacher I've ever encountered. odd people are attracted to odd people, if not for her background as a writer I think Sondra would be one of those women who correspond and fall in love with killers on death row. she said a guy she dated in college became an infamous serial killer.

The story intrigued me and i'm still thinking about it all tonight, could some of the story be true I wondered and why would a brother and sister fabricate such a grotesque bizarre story about their father and childhood? To me that is more bizarre then the story because I know the stories are untrue or at least very very far from the whole truth. I went back to Amazon and read what I could of the book, the author is actually a pretty good writer, and she wrote a long Afterword section because she was aware that readers would be skeptical and probably conclude the siblings were mentally ill in some way so she set about defending them and their story with the typical apologetics used to defend paranormal, pseudoscience, conspiracy theorists, anybody who rational people write off as kooks. She gives it a pretty good try and it did for me anyway give me some ideas about Steven and Dianne. When she wrote this book she was unaware that the BBC actually did a documentary titled Our Father The Serial Killer with the full cooperation of the siblings in 2003, the film crew spent months with them. The producer/director of the film contacted Sondra London when he found out Dianne had written a memoir with Sondra's help. He is sympathetic to them, he was saddened that both siblings still are hanging on to it. Unlike Sondra London the film makers actually did research, they tried to find any evidence that would support their claims, and we are talking about DOZENS of murders they claim to have witnessed their father commit. They found absolutely nothing. Sondra London left important information out when she was on Coast. These stories came out when Steven and Dianne in their 40s and dealing with their dying mother and now elderly infirm father who to them was a monster. There is a much younger brother, I think mentally handicapped who the father molested and they are struggling with the decision of what to do with the father and brother once the mother passed away. So the story is that during this stressful period memories, these wild stories, emerge from Steven in great detail. He shares them with Dianne and the same memories come flooding back to her. Of course, this seems pretty implausible. But we do know that abused and sexually molested children do repress memories and fall victim to major mental disorders usually later in age.

I can see siblings who grew up in an extremely dysfunctional and abusive household, in the situation they found themselves back in their childhood home at 40 plus years old, confronting their past which stirs long repressed memories to emerge, false memories included. The human brain/mind is incredible that way. Even normal people will construct or re-construct events from memory that are filled with errors or things that never happened. I just don't understand how bizarre and outlandish their stories are and detailed. If you have an abusive father, you see him as a sadistic monster, that he's Eastern European, emigrating during WWII, I can see a kid imagining that he must have been working with the Nazis.
But this guy doesn't stop there, he invents the most fantastical stories one can about anybody, he creates one of the vilest human beings ever to live, an animal who butchers little kids by the dozens claiming he and sis witnessed them. Now that I'm playing amateur psychiatrist it starts making sense, Steven wants the world to know how bad their father was so let's make him into the uncontested worst human being ever.  He and his sister are helpless victims, it's not enough to be the victim of an abusive father, so he invents the bizarre story that he and his sister became victims of the government's top secret mind control program, MK Ultra. He and his sister are obviously suffering from some serious mental disorder, they aren't con artists, not of the usual variety anyway.

I need to watch the documentary, it's on You Tube.

CronkitesGhost,

You have presented, through your research and thoughtful consideration, what Sondra London could not: a truly credible and fascinating explanation of why these siblings may have concocted such outrageous tales of abuse and serial murder. 

This harkens back to the "Satanic Panic" of the 1980s, and a follow-up to same would be an excellent show idea for late-night radio.

Parenthetically,  market research has shown that the largest single demographic for lurid, true crime books--is middle-aged women.

I'll look for the video you mentioned. 
Great posts.

Dateline

Hmmm.  Has anyone notice that Norry more and more is only working four days a week/part-time??

Maybe he is drifting off into the sunset.  Git along little dogie.

Quote from: Dateline on September 15, 2017, 04:47:44 PM
Norry is on assignment. . . .

Don't go rushin' into your "Grampers Pampers" with a category Number 2 storm.  We have the evacuation plan all figured out for you and you don't even have to get wet.  Stay calm.  Stay composed and stay on point with the sheet-eating grin. "Grampers Pampers" has you covered on the move and in the groove.  On assignment and in alignment with Grampers.  You'll weather any storm in this life or the afterlife.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jojo

Quote from: Dateline on September 18, 2017, 08:49:27 PM
Hmmm.  Has anyone notice that Norry more and more is only working four days a week/part-time??

Maybe he is drifting off into the sunset.  Git along little dogie.
And Beyond Belief, lunch with George, and frequent conferences.

Jojo

Quote from: ItsOver on September 17, 2017, 07:22:59 AM
Jorch is a "giving" guy.  All those vino bottles behind him are for his guest diner.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: albrecht on September 17, 2017, 08:19:23 PM
Here is an odd story that Norry would like. No death but an abused, physically and emotionally, child, a clown used for discipline
(Norry fears clowns,) and an armed drunk with a quick response, but luckily bad aim, to clown infiltration.
http://kxan.com/2017/09/17/man-wears-clown-mask-to-scare-daughter-gunshot-is-fired/
Summary:
"Dion Santiago, a man at the apartment, fired a gunshot into his yard, but didn’t hit Barrett, who was still wearing clown mask, police said. Barrett was charged with child endangerment and inducing panic and Santiago was charged with using weapons while intoxicated, the report said. He claimed the girl’s mother is serving jail time for child endangerment after being convicted of breaking four of the girl’s ribs, police said. Barrett said his daughter was having behavioral issues, but he decided to scare her as discipline instead of spanking because of what her mother did, the report said."

*Ding Ding! Check check!!
Yep, Joorch duly included the story in Here's What's Happaneen.

Dateline

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dateline on September 18, 2017, 11:19:42 PM
Up above, just another day at the office!

There's a club in Las Vegas that for $1 million, a four-star chef will serve a whole, fully roasted human infant to a guest and his their party.

Dave has pleaded with Knapp to get them reservations to resturant, but Knapp refuses to take him.

Knapp and Art can get the million-dollar dish whenever they want, but they get it on the house.

scottydawg

What, What, WHAT!!! A guest on C2C was shipped off the the joint for 72 months because of fraud! Sean David Morton becomes a prison bitch!!! Oh say it Ain't so! Charlatans and Huckterisms on THIS show!!!! Harumph, Harumph, Harumph! >:(
What's next Carnavora is B.S.? So I don't need to get shit faced drunk on the 23rd for the end of the World!
Well screw that noise, I am just in case, who the hell want's to see the end of the World sober! 8)
And I'll take a side order of 6 Filipino bar girls and a gallon of Holy Water to go ;) :D ;D

Dateline

Well, Bain Capital has taken Toys R Us into bankruptcy.  But wait, here is a new game that they will be carrying for this Christmas season that may save them.

It is called "Lucidity."  The goal of the game is to listen to Coast to determine how much of the show Norry is lucid.  You get extra points and prices for pictures and audio. 

The game is interactive.  With seven million listeners buying the game at ten dollars a piece, all proceeds are going to Toys R Us. 

In honor of Norry's charitable contributions, there is going to be a new business started.  "Mean Baby's R Us."  Be like Norry and play games, in this case "Lucidity."

136 or 142

On Jonathan Cahn last night.
Several things Cahn has said are just factually wrong. 
1.Abortion in the U.S was legalized in 1973.
2.Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas from 1979-1981 and then from 1983-1992.  He was defeated for reelected in 1980.

So, Cahn might claim that Clinton was also Arkansas Attorney General from 1977-1979. But, Cahn said Clinton was a 'national figure.'
If Clinton was a 'national figure' as Arkansas Attorney General, then Barack Obama was as much a national figure as a State Senator.
So, either way Cahn's claims of the timelines don't work.  Also, Osama Bin Laden also long predated President Clinton.

In terms of his opinions, I think Cahn's claims that Trump was elected to 'drain the swamp' is laughable, Trump clearly ran to get as much for himself and his family as possible.  Also, Cahn's claiming that the U.S was founded as a moral nation when the U.S had slavery.... I can't think of too many things more immoral than slavery.  If Cahn doesn't believe slavery is immoral, well, I can understand that a person who doesn't think slavery is immoral would be a supporter of President Trump.

NoMoreNoory

"I can't help thinkeen sumtheen is misseen from this country right now. I can't put my thumb on it."

Probably because it's up your ass, Joorch.

-GNS

NoMoreNoory

Then, promoting his You Pay For Joorch's Lunch Event with Rosemary Ellen Guiley next Tuesday, and presumably intending to say that 'we're counting down' to it, instead mysteriously announces that 'we're winding down' to it.

At the top of the show he ran with the death of a well-known guy in radio whose name escapes me. And why was Joorch marking this? Because back when Joorch was a 'cub', he sent this guy a recording of himself and he gave our hero a job. Must have been desperate or hard of hearing. He has a lot to answer for.

-GNS