• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M Knight on September 22, 2011, 07:09:00 PM

Yes.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function getpagerank() in /home/vandeven/public_html/coastgab.com/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code on line 346

what action on your part causes this error to be displayed?

HAL 9000

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on September 22, 2011, 01:20:05 AMAnyone seeing any errors on the forum?

Strangely (apparently) no.

Everything looks fine with FF 6.0.2 and IE 9.0.8112.16421

M Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on September 23, 2011, 01:09:45 AM

what action on your part causes this error to be displayed?

Nothing.  It shows up on all my computers with Chrome.  It is at the bottom of every page in the forum.

HAL 9000

Quote from: M Knight on September 23, 2011, 05:00:56 AMNothing.  It shows up on all my computers with Chrome.  It is at the bottom of every page in the forum.

Gee what a dufus. Now I see it - never looked that far down before. Duh.  :-\

b_dubb

Quote from: M Knight on September 23, 2011, 05:00:56 AM

Nothing.  It shows up on all my computers with Chrome.  It is at the bottom of every page in the forum.

nice catch mark

Frys Girl

Happy first day of fall!!!! The best season is before us.

Also, I hope you all have a great weekend!  ;) :)

M Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 23, 2011, 06:49:45 PM
Happy first day of fall!!!! The best season is before us.

Also, I hope you all have a great weekend!  ;) :)

Noory Sucks.

OK, I'll bite.  Is the error message an inside "tech" thing?  I'm assuming it's a joke. Otherwise, I think there would be many, many posts detailing a fix.  I know how to turn a computer on, log onto my internet account, and stare stupidly at the screen when it freezes.  Just sayin'.   ???

Quote from: Treading Water on September 24, 2011, 05:42:27 AM
OK, I'll bite.  Is the error message an inside "tech" thing?  I'm assuming it's a joke. Otherwise, I think there would be many, many posts detailing a fix.  I know how to turn a computer on, log onto my internet account, and stare stupidly at the screen when it freezes.  Just sayin'.   ???

I think it just means there's a bug in a non-critical part of the page code.  Even though it says "fatal error", site functions seem to be working fine.

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on September 25, 2011, 09:55:00 PM
I think it just means there's a bug in a non-critical part of the page code.  Even though it says "fatal error", site functions seem to be working fine.
Thanks, I thought it was some kind of joke that I wasn't "getting".  ::)

Frys Girl

Quote from: Treading Water on September 26, 2011, 04:58:06 AM
Thanks, I thought it was some kind of joke that I wasn't "getting".  ::)

Puhhhh. "Fatal Error." Computer programmers are so dramatic.

Scully

Quote from: Frys Girl on September 28, 2011, 02:54:32 PM

Puhhhh. "Fatal Error." Computer programmers are so dramatic.

And it gets me every time! LOL.  I've always wondered about that "Fatal" tag.  8)

Frys Girl

Operation Fast and Furious: Our government is OUT OF CONTROL! I hope this takes down Obama.

Imagine if one of us did this, selling guns that ended up at the scenes of gruesome murders. Obama would have us all rounded up like animals. Treat him and his goons as he would us.

The General

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 01, 2011, 09:59:35 AM
Operation Fast and Furious: Our government is OUT OF CONTROL! I hope this takes down Obama.

Imagine if one of us did this, selling guns that ended up at the scenes of gruesome murders. Obama would have us all rounded up like animals. Treat him and his goons as he would us.
I don't think that anything other than an election will 'take down' Obama.  Not when the media is a de facto arm of the Government.

Frys Girl

Quote from: The General on October 01, 2011, 10:10:53 AM
I don't think that anything other than an election will 'take down' Obama.  Not when the media is a de facto arm of the Government.
Fortunately, idiot Obama has enough intra-party enemies *cough* Billary *cough* Clinton *cough* to make it a possibility that he will be impeached.

I thought the Democratic party hated guns? It's sad that the people who are lawful gun owners do not commit crimes and it is THOSE people whom the democrats target in their idiotic gun control initiatives. Of course, they'll use this as an excuse for more gun control. DOH!!

Meanwhile, gangs with guns are "victims" who need "funding" and "rehabilitation" in order to be curbed. Whatever. The second amendment actually gives us a means to protect ourselves from criminals when the law and its enforcers cannot. Sounds reasonable and sound to me, not to mention cheaper than increasing the jail population.

The General

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 01, 2011, 10:18:37 AM
Fortunately, idiot Obama has enough intra-party enemies *cough* Billary *cough* Clinton *cough* to make it a possibility that he will be impeached.

I thought the Democratic party hated guns? It's sad that the people who are lawful gun owners do not commit crimes and it is THOSE people whom the democrats target in their idiotic gun control initiatives. Of course, they'll use this as an excuse for more gun control. DOH!!

Meanwhile, gangs with guns are "victims" who need "funding" and "rehabilitation" in order to be curbed. Whatever. The second amendment actually gives us a means to protect ourselves from criminals when the law and its enforcers cannot. Sounds reasonable and sound to me, not to mention cheaper than increasing the jail population.
And to protect ourselves from an out of control government.

Frys Girl

Quote from: The General on October 01, 2011, 12:09:26 PM
And to protect ourselves from an out of control government.
These days, you have to be careful when you say that. Of course, that's why the second amendment was written! The founders trusted those who are smart enough to exercise their 2nd amendment rights.

You gotta worry when the government wants to curb the rights of gun owners....... ring the alarm!

Quote from: The General on October 01, 2011, 10:10:53 AM

True enough.  My concern is the same one that I had in 2008.  The public was all frothed up in their disapproval of Bush, and they are heading that way with Obama.  This kind of emotional reaction creates an overcorrection the other way, and an "anyone but them" mentality.  More edge case candidates on the other side get mindshare and airtime.  Or in Obama's case, the public might jump at a candidate they know little about.

In any event, a lot depends on how quickly the money donors narrow the field, as early money is basically burned in the process.  The R's best shot is probably Romney, and the D's, maybe Hillary, if (and its a big if) the internal polling shows enough uncertainty about Obama that the "anyone but them" effect would actually benefit a candidate in the same party.  It would be an interesting risk.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on October 01, 2011, 03:00:32 PM
True enough.  My concern is the same one that I had in 2008.  The public was all frothed up in their disapproval of Bush, and they are heading that way with Obama.  This kind of emotional reaction creates an overcorrection the other way, and an "anyone but them" mentality.  More edge case candidates on the other side get mindshare and airtime.  Or in Obama's case, the public might jump at a candidate they know little about.

In any event, a lot depends on how quickly the money donors narrow the field, as early money is basically burned in the process.  The R's best shot is probably Romney, and the D's, maybe Hillary, if (and its a big if) the internal polling shows enough uncertainty about Obama that the "anyone but them" effect would actually benefit a candidate in the same party.  It would be an interesting risk.
If Romney is the nominee, it's Obama another 4 years. Sorry, but Romney stinks. I'll take apologist Perry over Romney any day. There's a pistol named after Perry!

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 01, 2011, 03:07:49 PM
If Romney is the nominee, it's Obama another 4 years. Sorry, but Romney stinks. I'll take apologist Perry over Romney any day. There's a pistol named after Perry!

Oh, I wasn't basing what I said on the politics of the candidates themselves - most voters don't look at that anyway, sad to say.  I was just stating my guess at overall odds of winning. 

The General

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 01, 2011, 03:07:49 PM

Cain is pulling ahead right now.  If Cain got the nomination, it would be so nice to see the race card put aside for a while.  I think a Cain/Paul ticket would be unstoppable, and would be great for this country.

Quote from: The General on October 01, 2011, 03:59:04 PM
Cain is pulling ahead right now.  If Cain got the nomination, it would be so nice to see the race card put aside for a while.  I think a Cain/Paul ticket would be unstoppable, and would be great for this country.

Cain/Paul would lose to Obama/*.* by a comfortable margin.  Don't get me wrong - I like a lot of Paul's ideas, and Cain seems like a decent man, but the odds of a colossal campaign fuck-up with those two is just a little below Admiral Stockdale proportions.  Not a criticism of Paul or Cain, just sad that the voting public focuses too much on any negative event as if it offers a window into the character and knowledge of the candidate.

Random thought.. isn't body language a fascinating thing in political debates?  Consider the three second interaction between Al Gore and GWB in their debate in 2000.  He may not have known it at the time, but the little head nod that GWD did when Gore approached him from behind was a brilliant use of body language to his benefit, affecting the viewer's perception of both of them simultaneously, which is incredibly difficult to do.  It had nothing to do with what either man was saying.  I voted Bush in that election, but if the roles were reversed, I'd still call it a brilliant head nod.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: The General on October 01, 2011, 03:59:04 PM
Cain is pulling ahead right now.  If Cain got the nomination, it would be so nice to see the race card put aside for a while.

It would be worse. The "Uncle Tom" rhetoric would be abundant and vicious. The guy with the white mother is "blacker"than the guy with two black parents...that type of nauseating shit.

Frys Girl

What makes Herman Cain lack blackness? It's incredible how openly racist liberals are and can be without check. Uncle Tom, why exactly? Because he calls black democratic voting bloc a plantation? I don't see that as Uncle Tom. I see that as resisting Uncle Tom.

I doubt most people who throw that word around have read Harriet Beecher Stowe.

The General

Quote from: Flaxen Hegemony on October 01, 2011, 05:35:22 PM
Cain/Paul would lose to Obama/*.* by a comfortable margin.  Don't get me wrong - I like a lot of Paul's ideas, and Cain seems like a decent man, but the odds of a colossal campaign fuck-up with those two is just a little below Admiral Stockdale proportions.  Not a criticism of Paul or Cain, just sad that the voting public focuses too much on any negative event as if it offers a window into the character and knowledge of the candidate.

Random thought.. isn't body language a fascinating thing in political debates?  Consider the three second interaction between Al Gore and GWB in their debate in 2000.  He may not have known it at the time, but the little head nod that GWD did when Gore approached him from behind was a brilliant use of body language to his benefit, affecting the viewer's perception of both of them simultaneously, which is incredibly difficult to do.  It had nothing to do with what either man was saying.  I voted Bush in that election, but if the roles were reversed, I'd still call it a brilliant head nod.
I disagree, Cain could beat Obama.  Regardless of his running mate.  O's popularity is low and dropping.  And I think Perry, if nominated, would lose to Obama.  Because he reminds people of Bush, and if there's someone the electorate hates more than Obama, it's Bush.

The General

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 01, 2011, 06:21:29 PM
          It would be worse. The "Uncle Tom" rhetoric would be abundant and vicious. The guy with the white mother is "blacker"than the guy with two black parents...that type of nauseating shit.
You're probably right.  It's like the class warfare shit.  It's just never going to go away.  Criticize a black man, for whatever reason, and you get called a racist.

b_dubb

Quote from: Frys Girl on October 01, 2011, 09:59:35 AM

I get it. Blame Obama. Except this fuck up was brought to by the ATF. The same asshats who brought you the Waco Massacre.

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on October 01, 2011, 07:08:46 PM
I get it. Blame Obama. Except this fuck up was brought to by the ATF. The same asshats who brought you the Waco Massacre.
He really is the second coming for some. Wow.

Quote from: The General on October 01, 2011, 07:00:08 PM
I disagree, Cain could beat Obama.  Regardless of his running mate.  O's popularity is low and dropping.  And I think Perry, if nominated, would lose to Obama.  Because he reminds people of Bush, and if there's someone the electorate hates more than Obama, it's Bush.

Cain vs Obama straight up, Obama cruises.  And I'm a conservative. :)