A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Well, that's too bad, I thought he was a good host. But I suppose doing a radio show (C2C) one day a week probably wouldn't fit well into anyones schedule. It would probably be like trying to juggle several part time jobs. In the end, more convenient to just have one job. Just my opinion.

Take it easy, John, I enjoyed your time as a host :-)

UFQuack

No more John B Zombie weekend  :(

He really had some good shows. Coast will just become fully boring now. Noory says it will return to its roots "to concentrate more on the unusual and the paranormal". To tell the truth I enjoyed a break from this garbage on Saturday nights. At least Wells was fighting the corporate government, and I have no doubt Wells wanted to leave but at least he was using a nationwide radio network to fight the system, now what?

And please--for the love of GOD--don't bring back Ian Punishment or anybody as dweeb-like as he was!

Good luck with that caravan, Johnnie B, and don't let the door hit ya!

FM451

Big disappointment for me.  :-X  I've liked Wells since I first heard him in 2007 as a guest host, interviewing Ray Bradbury.  I enjoyed the rock n' roll mysteries/murders, the CIA Gunrunning/Conspiracy shows (LBJ Killed JFK/Plumlee).  I wish He'd stuck to those kinds of topics, less of Alex Jones/Politics.

I would like to have him come back as an occasional guest host, alternating in the bullpen with Rob Simone, Dave Schrader, et.al.  The more off days G.Noory has, the happier I am.  ;D

If Knapp takes an occasional Saturday, I'd be happier still.

Does this mean.....MORE HEALTH SHOWS?!?   :o

Nebraska888

Quote from: UFQuack on January 31, 2014, 04:11:39 AM
No more John B Zombie weekend  :(

He really had some good shows. Coast will just become fully boring now. Noory says it will return to its roots "to concentrate more on the unusual and the paranormal". To tell the truth I enjoyed a break from this garbage on Saturday nights. At least Wells was fighting the corporate government, and I have no doubt Wells wanted to leave but at least he was using a nationwide radio network to fight the system, now what?

And please--for the love of GOD--don't bring back Ian Punishment or anybody as dweeb-like as he was!

I appreciate your opinions and what you enjoy.......but I disagree with 95% of what you just posted.

jazmunda

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 31, 2014, 03:49:43 AM
[attach=2]
Don't say you don't get help with your burgeoning career.  ;D

Brilliant. My agent Falkie will be in touch. It's ok that I gave him your home address? He may need to stay for a few days.

albrecht

Wells had some decent shows and certainly Fukishima isn't getting the news it deserves on the mainstream radio and tv. I'm not sure what George means about "returning the show", hopefully they will still have some conspiracy guests on about NWO, assassinations, cults, etc. I wonder if corporate pressure was brought to bear as the show was seeming to go a lot more "anti-government" and "anti-corporations" in recent years. But I'm all for more paranormal- if he could do good interviews and ask real questions! No more heath show infomercials though!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on January 31, 2014, 07:53:00 AM
Brilliant. My agent Falkie will be in touch. It's ok that I gave him your home address? He may need to stay for a few days.

I'll need to 'rough' it up a bit so Falkie feels more at home..This is what it currently looks like outside, if I bring it indoors I think it'll work.. I meanwhile will shack up elsewhere if that's okay?

cweb

This Saturday Shuffle could be interesting. Glad they have George Knapp doing this Saturday. Wouldn't mind a rotation of Knapp, Schrader, Ian; as previous posters have suggested.

John B did have some great shows, but I still think Ian was the better Saturday host because he was more consistently entertaining.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: albrecht on January 31, 2014, 08:17:52 AM
Wells had some decent shows and certainly Fukishima isn't getting the news it deserves on the mainstream radio and tv. I'm not sure what George means about "returning the show", hopefully they will still have some conspiracy guests on about NWO, assassinations, cults, etc. I wonder if corporate pressure was brought to bear as the show was seeming to go a lot more "anti-government" and "anti-corporations" in recent years. But I'm all for more paranormal- if he could do good interviews and ask real questions! No more heath show infomercials though!
Any decent shows that Toxic John hosted were in spite of his efforts, not because of them.

Nebraska888

Quote from: cweb on January 31, 2014, 09:53:12 AM
This Saturday Shuffle could be interesting. Glad they have George Knapp doing this Saturday. Wouldn't mind a rotation of Knapp, Schrader, Ian; as previous posters have suggested.

John B did have some great shows, but I still think Ian was the better Saturday host because he was more consistently entertaining.

Wells was fine when he did programs outside of his conspiracy, paranoid, grab yer' guns and head for the bunkers, programs.

I 100% agree........Knapp, Schrader, and Ian...........would be absolutely WONDERFUL!

ItsOver

Maybe we're making some progress.  Making do with two nights of the month with Knapp, now we've got Saturday night back with Knapp and other hosts.  One night at time.  Who says we're not positive?  We're coming for you, Jorchy.  ;)

Morgus

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 31, 2014, 04:00:23 AM
Burn..
Noory just announced that there's no going to be a permanent Saturday host.
He also made it sound like Wells quit.
Nice to see they're giving Wells the Bell treatment..
Yep Noory only repeated that they wanted "to go in a different direction" on Saturdays.
And as I expected, they are going to have different fill-in hosts on Saturdays and the second Sunday of the month.
Probably a try-out/audition period for a few months until they make a final selection for Wells' replacement?

Too bad PremRat doesn't want to "go in a different direction" on week nights too!  8)

UFQuack

Quote from: Nebraska888 on January 31, 2014, 07:48:46 AM
I appreciate your opinions and what you enjoy.......but I disagree with 95% of what you just posted.

Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like you hate my opinion.

UFQuack

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 31, 2014, 10:06:33 AM
Any decent shows that Toxic John hosted were in spite of his efforts, not because of them.

No, he was non-toxic, all free radicals were removed by proper cups of tea.

Nick el Ass

The only direction Coast to Coast Am has gone under George Noory is straight down to the fiery depths of hell in a finely woven handbasket.

I note tension in John Wells' Twitter re-tweets. He re-posted a message from someone who alluded to his firing being a sign George was getting worried about all the attention Wells was getting.
Could be an example of an ego.. BUT any visit to CoasttoCoastam.com would show that Wells' programs, despite the toxic nature that they often had, were always the most listened to..

I rarely link to my own site, but I was going through some archives.. I am quite proud that I called this in 2012..  (http://www.horrorreport.com/2012/08/coast-to-coast-recipe-for-disaster.html)

And no more self plugs. Sorry.

Nebraska888

Quote from: UFQuack on January 31, 2014, 09:06:10 PM
Hmmm, sounds suspiciously like you hate my opinion.

I respect you.....and your right to like what you like!   ;)

Scully

I'm feeling almost "Art is coming back" giddy at the news of John B. Wells leaving Coast, and Noory saying that Saturday nights will return to the strange and the paranormal, and because there will be a rotation of some decent fill-in hosts.

I like Schrader and Syrett a lot, and I like Simone well enough.  As others have stated, though, Simone's NPR-type delivery is a little too "soothing" for my taste.  Worse is the looming specter of Noory's godfathering of Simone ... now that is truly frightening.

Knapp hosting this Saturday night is the frosting on the cake for me.  Happy camper here. ;)

bateman

Quote from: Scully on January 31, 2014, 11:48:23 PM
I'm feeling almost "Art is coming back" giddy at the news of John B. Wells leaving Coast, and Noory saying that Saturday nights will return to the strange and the paranormal, and because there will be a rotation of some decent fill-in hosts.

I like Schrader and Syrett a lot, and I like Simone well enough.  As others have stated, though, Simone's NPR-type delivery is a little too "soothing" for my taste.  Worse is the looming specter of Noory's godfathering of Simone ... now that is truly frightening.

Knapp hosting this Saturday night is the frosting on the cake for me.  Happy camper here. ;)

What gives you that impression?

Scully

Quote from: bateman on January 31, 2014, 11:50:38 PM
What gives you that impression?

Nothing I know about personally, but I've read a number of posts here saying that Simone is Noory's protege, and that they have air-kissed over the airwaves.  I've seen it enough to assume there's truth in the story.  Hope I'm wrong.

laserjock

OOOHHH, thank God Wells is leaving!  I've had personal messages back and forth with him, and his politics was so extreme it was offensive, he called the President names in a message to me and even insulted me.  He's a loose canon and can't control himself, and his obsession with his own voice, and how he thinks he's just so avuncular when he's just a deep voiced dodo, well...  I stopped listening completely.  I am also weary of Noory's politics.  Ian and Art and Knapp at least try and be balanced and respectful of the fact that all their listeners aren't extremists.  Good Riddance, Wells.  Now time for Noory to go.  Noory is just not engaged any longer, he doesn't seem to care.  Sure would be cool if Ian could come and do a few shows again, he's such a genuinely decent guy, but readily questions the veracity of his guest's assertions, just like Art used to do.

Dateline

That was a bad programming decision, John Wells should have stayed. 

UFQuack

Hey what's with all this "toxic" horseshit?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: UFQuack on February 01, 2014, 02:25:42 AM

You're right; horse shit is just grass and hay. Although I wouldn't recommend having it in your diet.

zeebo

Quote from: c337pilot on January 31, 2014, 12:11:35 AM
the only good thing about John B is the bummer music.

Nope Noory's the one with that.   :D

RedMichael

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 31, 2014, 04:00:23 AM
Burn..
Noory just announced that there's no going to be a permanent Saturday host.
He also made it sound like Wells quit.
Nice to see they're giving Wells the Bell treatment..

Don't compare the 2. Wells was a weekend host who took potshots at Bell and peddled his own wares.

John Smith

:) *Happy Dance* JBW is gone, he was a TERRIBLE talk show host and mis-match for the C2C subject matter. Glad him and his politics have departed C2C  :D

laserjock

Quote from: UFQuack on February 01, 2014, 02:25:42 AM

Sorry, it isn't horseshit unless you are to the extreme right and an Alex Jones fan.  He was very toxic, almost voilent in his words, he tried to incite people.  Noory does that also with certain issues, such as global climate change and inoculations, but nothing like the literally hateful, toxic attitude from Wells.  Those of you from the extreme right should be honest, Wells was a political mouth and turned the show into a toxic cesspool of political commentary.  I quickly grew weary of it, I don't even watch MSNBC or Fox any longer, I'm tired of politics, all it is is rhetoric and opinion, not substance.  Thank God almighty that Wells is moving on to a more appropriate venue.  I don't care to listen to another Rush Limbaugh late at night.

wr250

Quote from: RedMichael on February 01, 2014, 09:11:17 AM
Don't compare the 2. Wells was a weekend host who took potshots at Bell and peddled his own wares.

you mean like pizza punch? how about any number of books art (co)wrote? art sold his own shows as well, before premier bought him out .