A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

FallenSeraph

Quote from: zeebo on January 12, 2014, 03:02:46 AM
Best lines of just the last half hour with this guest: 

"With HAARP, and GMO's and genetic engineering, i think it's time for .... a lifestyle change."

"I started a project in Chatanooga...."

"Children make better food choices than we do."

"Whenever there was paranormal, if it was on the West coast, I did it (I was the real Fox Muldur)."

"We knew about the aliens, but we were alot more worried about what the Russians were doing."

"You should use belief systems the way you use clothing, for instance, bell-bottom pants."

[something about the CIA and MK Ultra and goats which was friggin priceless but I couldn't type it fast enough]

I'm laughing so hard reading this. Damn.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: UFQuack on January 12, 2014, 02:33:54 AM

Rah! Rah! Rah! I'm great because I'm spiritual! Rah! Rah! Rah! Don't go to a fat doctor because his fat is all his fault and he is clearly Evil! It is Devil who makes men fat! Be a mountain man! You don't have rights you have a responsibility! Rah! Rah! Rah! If you are a woman and your caring is sharing and sharing is caring then give me a call! Rah! Rah! Rah! I'm Richard Fucking Alan Miller! Listen to me because I'm spiritual and I know what I'm talking about! Rah! Rah! Rah! Buy my books Power Tools for the Mind or put a dremel in your asshole! Rah! Rah! Rah! I'm fucking spiritual!

(lmao)

Sambo

Everyone is in a funk. It's post holiday low light funkatron season. Keep it in perspective, you're fine. I've been laying on the couch for two weeks. I just don't care because I know it eventually passes.

You don't like your funk and eventually you'll crawl out of it.

Now what's your PayPal email so I can wire you some maxi pads?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Sambo on January 12, 2014, 12:58:22 PM
Everyone is in a funk. It's post holiday low light funkatron season. Keep it in perspective, you're fine. I've been laying on the couch for two weeks. I just don't care because I know it eventually passes.

You don't like your funk and eventually you'll crawl out of it.

Now what's your PayPal email so I can wire you some maxi pads?

haha -- I'm all good, but thanks. I bought a cake, shoved the box of feminine hygiene products under my shirt and ran like hell. On the way out the door I heard, "STOP, THIEF!" and whirled around and there was Art, juggling cantaloupes in the produce section with a twinkle in his eye. ;)

I'm at the part of the show where JBW "beseeches" this guy to slow the hell down.

I don't know what's more distracting: the guy's giggle or his "runny nose" that he keeps sniffing.

I'd like to get this dude in a room with Evelyn Paglini and let them fly. They speak with the same urgency.

"Would you go to a fat doctor?" LOL. Wow.

Sambo

I think you should take my money.

FallenSeraph

Pretty sure I'm getting a much-awaited freelance check tomorrow for some work I did for a magazine last month. Then it'll be drinks, Prozac brownies and Caravan to Midnight subscriptions all around on me.  :)

Sambo

Ok I feel better now haha

Hello there.  Does anyone have a link to last night's laugh-fest with Johnny B?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Étouffée on January 12, 2014, 02:22:11 PM
Hello there.  Does anyone have a link to last night's laugh-fest with Johnny B?

I've uploaded the files here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kwcptc9p2f2b5/C2C%2001-11-14

zeebo

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 12, 2014, 10:54:24 AM
I dunno. I'm in a funk these days. "Loss of interest or pleasure in normal activities" â€" need to get on some meds or something.

What helps me cope is I've found for me the right combination of a good anti-depressant, regular caffeine, daily sunshine therapy, all tempered by the occasional whiskey.  Also I have weaned myself off of my cable-news addiction which was sapping my will to live, and replaced it with more nurturing content like good books, music, and interesting podcasts.  Keep trying, you'll find the right combo of things which will help bring you some funk relief.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: zeebo on January 12, 2014, 03:37:00 PM
Also I have weaned myself off of my cable-news addiction which was sapping my will to live

This is awesome. :)

I'm trying Rhodiola Rosea, Theanine and Ashwagandha. And a blend of fish oils.

Perhaps a nightcap of turmeric tea.  :)

Quote from: Seraphim27 on January 12, 2014, 02:52:38 PM
I've uploaded the files here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kwcptc9p2f2b5/C2C%2001-11-14

Thanks, Sera!  and against all logic, I still think Johnny B. is a sex god!

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Étouffée on January 12, 2014, 03:53:47 PM

Thanks, Sera!  and against all logic, I still think Johnny B. is a sex god!

Hahaha - yeah, I'm with you on that.  :)

FallenSeraph

Quote from: zeebo on January 12, 2014, 03:57:48 AM

"There's nothing you can do about aliens, but, what you can do ... is meditate."

OMG I need this on a poster or a T-shirt or something. That guy is a wellspring of awesome. Noory should have interviewed him, actually, because then we could have created a LITERARY FEAST of the combined Nooryisms and R.A.M.-speak.

yumyumtree

I have been there when I was younger and sometimes had to use rags, as our great-grandmothers did(or in my case, since I'm old, mother and grandmother. ) Food banks will also sometimes give out stuff like that if you ask, but I know it's humiliating.

yumyumtree

Can the " Meatonomics" guy beat last night's guest? That's unlikely.

Wells just managed to reference both Art and J.C.

zeebo

Quote from: yumyumtree on January 13, 2014, 12:11:08 AM
Can the " Meatonomics" guy beat last night's guest? That's unlikely.

Wells just managed to reference both Art and J.C.

I suspect if you just said "Meatonomics" to last night's guest and let him run with it you'd have an entertaining show right there.  :)

I like the meat guy. He speaks a powerful truth that should be spoken more often.

yumyumtree

I get the sense that Wells isn't really into this guest.

It would be interesting to hear what he thinks about the high-protein, low-carb diet fad. I have a pretty good idea, but it would be interesting to hear the connection made. It's something I've always thought about where these fad diets are concerned, that is the environmental impact. Nobody ever talks about it.

Morgus

Wells has recommended taking bread out of your diet before. He said he lost a lot of weight and got other benefits from doing that.

zeebo

This David Brin segment is totally different that I was imagining.  It's much more sociopolitical than I was hoping for, yet still somewhat interesting I suppose. 

Edit:  Actually I'm finding him a little tiresome and preachy, but still worth listening to.

ZHero

Americans are addicted to "self- righteous-indignation".  Hmmm.  I gotta get the kids up for school in a few hours.  I'm going to sleep.  Night Bellgab.

rangers1919

I loved the angry caller, "Sheep Dog." My favorite part was kind of obscure, but showed how he ranked, or valued his wife when talking about how he thought going to he moon was pointless:

[Going there] is pointless, it doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't feed me, or my dog...............or my wife.

Ha ha ha ha, it's paraphrased, but he had a long pause before deciding, Eff it, my wife too, with me and the dog.

The other funny part was JBW saying he is "apolitical". Right.

Juan

self-righteous indignation - sounds like he's been reading the politics threads here

FallenSeraph

Fell asleep during the first 30 minutes.

VtaGeezer

Didn't Toxic John go off on the death of Sharon in Israel as the trigger for the 2nd Coming? 

Morgus

Quote from: rangers1919 on January 13, 2014, 03:58:07 AM
The other funny part was JBW saying he is "apolitical". Right.
JBW also claimed he wasn't a right-winger, but an 'independent'  ;)

Morgus

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 13, 2014, 01:56:19 PM
Didn't Toxic John go off on the death of Sharon in Israel as the trigger for the 2nd Coming?
Nah, he is leaving that to Noory for tonight's show.
Noory must have been chomping at the bit all weekend since Sharon's death didn't happen during  the weekday shows.
But undaunted, Noory dumped his planned Monday night guest for tonight to plug in a first two hour guest to talk about Sharon's death leading to the appearance of the anti-christ...

I gave Saturdays show a listen due to the posts celebrating it on here.. I admit, it was fun.

John Wells may have just found his own version of Richard Hoagland

georgesucks

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 14, 2014, 06:48:55 AM
I gave Saturdays show a listen due to the posts celebrating it on here.. I admit, it was fun.

John Wells may have just found his own version of Richard Hoagland
John B Wells, I here to tell you that you SUCK too.