• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on December 01, 2009, 04:10:38 AM
i just watched that video.  all i can say is, "god damn."

i don't know who to be angrier at:  george noory for continuing to give this guy a forum, or art bell for getting this guy STARTED on the show.  people like ed dames and richard hoagland have served to do nothing but diminish the credibility of everybody else who appears on coast to coast.  i'm tired of george trying to make the show out to be a place where people go when they want to be at the cutting edge of news and information.  bullshit.  c2c is the cutting edge of inaccuracies, misinformation, and lies overseen by a host who properly challenges nobody.

To All:

I have become more and more convinced as time passes, and as C2C painfully shrivels into daily malapropisms, that the soul of 'Coast to Coast AM' will always be considered 'The Art Bell Show'

Over the years I have witnessed a process which can be analogous to an author writing a book and then having someone else write the last chapter.  On the outside, the finished product appears to be whole, but when one reads the material in a linear way, as long-time C2C listeners have, it is eventually apparent that not only the flow and intent of the book have been compromised, but that the 'soul' of the undertaking has been co-opted by a collective, individuated disinterest. 

Art Bell was not a perfect host, but he took the "Art of Talk" to heart.  His phrases and concepts such as 'The Quickening' were essentially allusions to his creation and nurturing of "The Art Bell Show" as a whole. 

My main point is that the current gaunt and intellectually hobbled reincarnation of C2C has become more of "The George Noory Show".  C2C, wearing an oily, mottled cloak of deception while blindly swinging a truth stained scythe, has figuratively and gleefully danced atop a deadly silent, moss-covered monument of accomplishment.  With the sun at the right point in the sky, casting light upon the weathered face of the monument, one can barely see the now almost indiscernible words: ART BELL.

PW

Mops

As I recall, Richard was still living in New Mexico downwind of the atomic desert area.  (Of course, the way the wind swirls through those mountains everyone is downwind at one time or another.)  We used to drive over there when I was a kid to see all of the latest two-headed calves, 10-12 inch-long chicken eggs, eight-clawed chickens and stuff until the ranchers and farmers died off from cancer.  I believe there is a still a pretty good-sized nest of characters like Hoagland living over in there.  Some of the retired military intelligence types are as loopy as Richard.  These guys really will shoot at you if you step on their property.       

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mops on December 08, 2009, 03:19:56 AM
As I recall, Richard was still living in New Mexico downwind of the atomic desert area.  (Of course, the way the wind swirls through those mountains everyone is downwind at one time or another.)  We used to drive over there when I was a kid to see all of the latest two-headed calves, 10-12 inch-long chicken eggs, eight-clawed chickens and stuff until the ranchers and farmers died off from cancer.  I believe there is a still a pretty good-sized nest of characters like Hoagland living over in there.  Some of the retired military intelligence types are as loopy as Richard.  These guys really will shoot at you if you step on their property.       

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on December 04, 2009, 04:21:22 PM
you've got to be fucking kidding me.  the seas will part if i can hear audio of this.  holy christ on a popsicle stick.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

brugvu

just reading some of the Hoagland hate.
What the hell is wrong with you morons?

Do you lake insight and intelligence?
DO you lash out and rip people apart because you aren't smart enough to understand what they are saying?
I understand ripping George "the Bore" noory? but why hoagland?
You must not have heard any of the old art bell's from 96-98..
Old navy... Phoenix 1997.. Egypt and the pyramids...
Hoagland has been the most interesting guest and fact revealer.

Stupid people breed ignorance... You guys take the cake.

Turtles can CHOKE...

brugvu

you guys should do a little research, Hoagland has never been off.
Obviously you are lazy skeptics. 
maybe you should listen to his older shows with art from 96-99.
I bet you will change your tune.
Old Navy was DEAD ON.  Face and Monuments on Mars DEAD ON.
Water on Europa DEAD On.  Phoenix June 20th 1997 DEAD ON.
Hyper-D Physics DEAD On.  Mason-Egyptian Nasa connection.. DEAD ON.
Some People in NASA f'ing everything up... DEAD ON.
NASA keeping mars pictures from the public... DEAD ON.
He has been right atleast 90%
do some research,

Masses are the asses... you guys take the cake.

ANd yes George noory blows. I agree.

MABUSE

Quote from: brugvu on February 10, 2010, 08:00:07 AM
you guys should do a little research, Hoagland has never been off.
Obviously you are lazy skeptics. 
maybe you should listen to his older shows with art from 96-99.
I bet you will change your tune.
Old Navy was DEAD ON.  Face and Monuments on Mars DEAD ON.
Water on Europa DEAD On.  Phoenix June 20th 1997 DEAD ON.
Hyper-D Physics DEAD On.  Mason-Egyptian Nasa connection.. DEAD ON.
Some People in NASA f'ing everything up... DEAD ON.
NASA keeping mars pictures from the public... DEAD ON.
He has been right atleast 90%
do some research,

Old Navy was DEAD ON.  no idea (unless a reference to those fabulous linen slacks, in the which case I must grudgingly agree with Tricky Dick on that one)

Face and Monuments on Mars DEAD ON. Nothing of the kind, total sham and fraud debunked repeatedly

Water on Europa DEAD On.  Hardly a Hoaxland original thought, long speculated by adults and real scientists to be the case

Phoenix June 20th 1997 DEAD ON.  no idea

Hyper-D Physics DEAD On. Utterly and completely stolen material which, in addition, has been proven to be complete bunkum and Nuri-hokum akin to abiotic oil.

Mason-Egyptian Nasa connection.. DEAD ON.  Completely unoriginal and completely delusional as well as being completely untrue. (see my previous post about Washington DC par exemplar)
Some People in NASA f'ing everything up... DEAD ON.  General, broad-brushed accusations based on incorrect or manipulated half-truths does not constitute proof of anything other than delusional paranoia on the part of the teller.

NASA keeping mars pictures from the public... DEAD ON.  A poor statement of explicable fact made with the intention of giving rise to an atmosphere of "Conspiracy" which in turn then becomes evidence for much of the foregoing delusionalism.He has been right atleast 90%

Yes, lets DO do some research, how about Hoaxland's credentials?

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/hoagland/credentials.html

http://www.gpposner.com/Hoagland.html

Anyone else wanna get in on the smackdown? My arm is tired and I am bored now...

**M** 

MV/Liberace!

this brugvu sent me several rude and socially inept emails asking that i pick through my entire art bell collection finding every hoagland show he was missing from his own library.  guess he didn't get the point when i utterly ignored his first email.  he proposed to compensate me for this horse-assery by tossing me a couple bones in the form of an art bell show or two from 1997/1998.  rubbish.  when i said it would be too much trouble to go picking around and instead suggested i mail him my library on DVD and he mail me his, he behaved as though i'd requested permission to mouth-sex his sister, pretending it would really put him out to burn those 18-cent DVDs and mail them because he "has more shows than me."  god damn that's douchy.  i love it when people INITIATE CONTACT and then proceed to get demanding when it is THEY asking the favor.  the text from my final email correspondence to him:

"Get Lost.
Sincerely,
MV"

MV/Liberace!

oh, and one more thing...
he told me that i "missed out" by telling him to shove off.  life has taught me that when someone says it's "your loss" or some such bilge, it's usually NOT your loss.

MABUSE

Quote from: MV on February 14, 2010, 11:22:33 PM
... he behaved as though i'd requested permission to mouth-sex his sister...

I almost plotzed when I read that!  Scalding coffee did however errupt from my nostrils in a twin-salute to Old Faithful. 

Perhaps the flaw in your logic was requesting permission?   ;)

In any event let us hope we've seen the heels of that heel!

**M**

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MABUSE on February 16, 2010, 01:46:47 PM
Scalding coffee did however errupt from my nostrils in a twin-salute to Old Faithful. 
HAHA!!

EvB

Quote from: MV on February 14, 2010, 11:26:44 PM
oh, and one more thing...
he told me that i "missed out" by telling him to shove off.  life has taught me that when someone says it's "your loss" or some such bilge, it's usually NOT your loss.

There is another forum I could recommend.

sanddollar

The following link highlights some of Hoagland's assertions, claims and egocentric view of himself

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/hoagland/credentials.html

SadieJane

I have difficulty listening to, or trusting, Hoagland because he cannot answer a question.

A knowledgeable person should be able to summarize an answer into a few short sentences.
Or better yet,  a clean, Yes or No,  followed by brief summary.
If supporting proof is needed, it will be requested. Or credit given to data source. Period.

Hoagland spirals off in three different directions at extreme length,
detailing the expanded history of topic, and all various supporting documentation. 
Bait and switch, razzle dazzle, you can never tell if there was an answer,
let alone if it addressed the question.

As experiment, find transcript of any Hoagland interview.
Underline any question.     
Then, wander through multiple paragraphs of text until you find answer.  Maybe.

So, I have a problem listening to him because of his around-the-block presentation. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SadieJane on April 17, 2010, 09:15:54 AM
So, I have a problem listening to him because of his around-the-block presentation.
that's as good a reason to steer clear of him as any.  i can't take him because i find him to be condescending and just plain inaccurate.  he's always yammering on about some huge nasa secret that's about to be exposed or something, and in predictable fashion, nothing ends up happening.  absolutely nothing. 

he's a douche nozzle.

Marc.Knight

His dream come true.

Hitech Lolife

I am so embarrassed to hear this douche talk to Buzz Aldrin. At least they quarantined him to the last 10 minutes.

For real... Hoagland is the worse type of psychotic, a self-important one. Listening to him on the stream tonight and how he keeps cutting people off and rambling on like a moron... ugh... I hate (and I rarely use that word) this guy. I seriously think if RCH and I were locked in a room for a week together, only one of us would walk out alive.

Interesting that someone in this thread seems to have a fascination with RCH... bordering on self-interest? Just in case I have prepared this message...

Hi Richard! How nice of you to grace this humble board. However, I have a request for you. Could you please disappear into a dark abyss? Every time I've ever heard your name come up it's either punchline or following a laugh. Your paranoid theories were charming at first until you started taking yourself seriously. Now you're a walking stereotype of everything that's bad about conspiracy theorists. It's because of people like you that any sort of truth or revelations are suppressed and pushed out the spectrum by the white noise of crap and disinfo people like you spew for profit. So on behalf of the free world, please shut up. Thank you.

puddintame

I nominate RCH for the next Mars Mission, even if it takes a thousand years.  I wish him a happily ever after.  Zoom Zoom!

Bye, Richard (or is it "Dicky"?)

EvB

Quote from: puddintame on June 25, 2010, 09:42:07 PM
I nominate RCH for the next Mars Mission, even if it takes a thousand years.  I wish him a happily ever after.  Zoom Zoom!

Bye, Richard (or is it "Dicky"?)

Hahahahahaa!

I will admit up front I did not read every post in the thread, so if I repeat something my apologies....

That said my favorite Hoagland moments:

He once, in the early days of the Internet, claimed some elaborate conspiracy was true because he was getting email from someone highly placed at a major university. Art, having been a victim of a famous email hoax himself, tried vainly, many times, to convince Richard that people could spoof email addresses and he really had no way to know if he was being hoaxed by the emailers or not. Richard just kept insisting 'he could tell' they were genuine.

Does anyone else remember when he stubbornly insisted that NASA was scheduling launches based on astrology? Again his secret contacts told him so via email, and Art tried mightily to dissuade him but could not.

But best of all was when Phil Hendrie, in cahoots with the host (I can't remember who the host was that night but I remember that they later admitted being in on the hoax) called on Richard's birthday and pretended to be Walter Cronkite wishing him a happy birthday. Phil/Walter went on to tell the host that he bought 'one of those hand cranked radios you advertise but it was a piece of crap'. Does anyone else remember this? Richard, of course, later claimed that he knew all along it wasn't really Walter, but he seemed fooled during the call.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Peenman Enterprises on August 25, 2010, 06:05:34 PM

But best of all was when Phil Hendrie, in cahoots with the host (I can't remember who the host was that night but I remember that they later admitted being in on the hoax) called on Richard's birthday and pretended to be Walter Cronkite wishing him a happy birthday. Phil/Walter went on to tell the host that he bought 'one of those hand cranked radios you advertise but it was a piece of crap'. Does anyone else remember this? Richard, of course, later claimed that he knew all along it wasn't really Walter, but he seemed fooled during the call.
heh heh, i remember that.  noory was hosting.  didn't phil go on to say that he uses the hand crank radio to grate cheese or something?  i have a recording of this somewhere, but i have no idea where.  i'd like to hear it again.

b_dubb

i saw a video of hoagland giving a talk in a conference room at the UN (rented by Hoagland i'm sure) and it was pretty obvious this guy was connecting dots that had absolutely nothing to do with each other.  when you find a pattern and start looking for that pattern elsewhere .. you're going to find it again.  because you're looking for it.  self fulfilling prophecy?  idk ... but hoagland seemed awfully pleased with himself. and his hairpiece seemed pretty happy too

pretty sure he's delusional and has an inflated sense of self. 

does anyone know what he consulted on for NASA?  janitorial supplies?

b

Quote from: MV on August 25, 2010, 06:34:16 PM

heh heh, i remember that.  noory was hosting.  didn't phil go on to say that he uses the hand crank radio to grate cheese or something?  i have a recording of this somewhere, but i have no idea where.  i'd like to hear it again.

Now that you mention it yes he did make the cheese grater reference. As for listening to it All I recall is that I listened at work, I had that job between 2000 and 2005, Wikipedia lists Hoagland's birthday as April 25, so I suppose you could check those dates. If he really was on the night of his birthday that would narrow it down to five possibilities...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Peenman Enterprises on August 26, 2010, 05:41:07 PM
Quote from: MV on August 25, 2010, 06:34:16 PM

Now that you mention it yes he did make the cheese grater reference. As for listening to it All I recall is that I listened at work, I had that job between 2000 and 2005, Wikipedia lists Hoagland's birthday as April 25, so I suppose you could check those dates. If he really was on the night of his birthday that would narrow it down to five possibilities...
i'm looking for the episode of phil's show where he played the c2c clip...