• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

anagrammy

Out of all the hundreds of interesting paranormal topics, ever wonder why angels are Noory's favorite subject?

I have a theory.  Unlike yeti, UFO's, cattle mutilations, or weather changes, angels require no facts.  You can't really say something completely wrong about angels since it's all personal opinion or conjecture.  He doesn't have to do any research on the body of white papers done on "angels".  There is just a deep pool of conflicting opinion, starting with the Bible, which conflicts with itself.

So he could say angels are attracted by emotional tension, sexual energy, fear or mayonnaise and who can say "Thou fool!"

Of course we now have permanently changed the meaning of "portal", so the ratings for the show will briefly go up, but once the novelty and sniggering dies down....it's back to flatline.  I rarely listen any more and I used to be an everynighter.

Anagrammy

b_dubb

i have found that angels are attracted to honey, poop and hot chicks.  though i have no idea why

valdez

John Lott and the glory of guns, then Micheal Tellinger on the ancient gold mining civilizations that Stichen wrote about.  I've not brought into this stuff, but Tellinger has found some odd rock formations (millions of them?) in South Africa that may have something to do with space alien technology.  For me, presentation and passion go a long way, and Tellinger had it tonight.  Decent show.

5 copy
Tellinger

anagrammy

On Sichen and gold - when Art was talking to John Lear, he said he admired Sichen's work and believed that humans are imprinted with a deep love of gold.  He said, "Just holding it in your hands, you feel something, like it attracts you."  I think he was suggesting that humans are genetically modified to love, love, love gold and want to dig it up, propelling us towards our rightful roles as mine slaves.

AND NOW, we as escaped slaves deal with our propensity to wrap the stuff around our extremities, creating a cargo-gold cult worth a lot in the galactic anthropological travel industry.

Anagrammy

egold, anyone?

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on June 15, 2011, 09:36:30 AM
On Sichen and gold - when Art was talking to John Lear, he said he admired Sichen's work and believed that humans are imprinted with a deep love of gold.  He said, "Just holding it in your hands, you feel something, like it attracts you."  I think he was suggesting that humans are genetically modified to love, love, love gold and want to dig it up, propelling us towards our rightful roles as mine slaves.

AND NOW, we as escaped slaves deal with our propensity to wrap the stuff around our extremities, creating a cargo-gold cult worth a lot in the galactic anthropological travel industry.

Anagrammy

egold, anyone?

What George loves, he continually finds ways in which to bring it to our attention. Clever lad.  ::) 

anagrammy

He said, "Just holding it in your hands, you feel something, like it attracts you."

... My Precious... everyone needs t'hold th'gold...we will spread the word on the radio.  Mmmmm, yes....

Ana

Seamus Capone

Quote from: anagrammy on June 14, 2011, 09:09:58 AM
Out of all the hundreds of interesting paranormal topics, ever wonder why angels are Noory's favorite subject?
You can't really say something completely wrong about angels since it's all personal opinion or conjecture

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Your theory makes perfect sense to me. Noory also told the oft-repeated story about an angel who saved the Noorys from a burning building that belonged to his "mother's parents". His nostalgic memories and personal anecdotes increased exponentially, and his self-promotion crossed the Rubicon.

Noory Voice: "When I was young boy, I watched a TV show called "Touched By An Angel". In fact, Tommy and I ran into Della Reese at the diner we frequent. She told me that I look even better in person, ha. I gave her two tickets to the Alternative Health Fair Expo where I'll be one of the featured speakers."

gandalf50

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 15, 2011, 11:12:20 PM
Noory Voice: "When I was young boy, I watched a TV show called "Touched By An Angel". In fact, Tommy and I ran into Della Reese at the diner we frequent. She told me that I look even better in person, ha. I gave her two tickets to the Alternative Health Fair Expo where I'll be one of the featured speakers."

Did he really say a young boy?  That series ran from 1994 to 2003
That would make George about 44 when it first aired.
8)
~G

Seamus Capone

Quote from: gandalf50 on June 16, 2011, 12:28:37 AM
Did he really say a young boy?  That series ran from 1994 to 2003
That would make George about 44 when it first aired.
8)
~G

LOL I was just kidding. I always type "voice" next to the name when I do so. I don't type "voice" when I use real comments and questions. I can see why it might be hard to distinguish jokes from real gaffes, though.

gandalf50

Ahhh!  Thanks for the clarification.
Though i wouldnt put it past George  ;D

Seamus Capone

Quote from: anagrammy on June 11, 2011, 07:02:44 PM
...who no longer bother's to read the guest's books because it interrupts his "Angry Birds" time.

I'm clueless, so I have to ask, "what are angry birds?". I take it that it's not a reference to what Coast's listeners give to their radios most nights.

gandalf50

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 16, 2011, 01:05:19 AM
I'm clueless, so I have to ask, "what are angry birds?". I take it that it's not a reference to what Coast's listeners give to their radios most nights.

Its a very popular video game.  Started out for droids and iphones.  But i just got it for pc. Very addictive.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=angry+birds&qpvt=angry+birds&FORM=VDRE#

rangers1919

I think George took off the other night to rest up for his stupid Angels show he just had. When he had the first guest he just mailed it in and sounded like he had no interest. He might as well have said, "whatever", or "Oh ok" to half the answers. Things changed when the Angel lady came on though, Greg was pumped and much more energetic at the beginning. I don't know about the rest, I didn't make it too far.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: gandalf50 on June 16, 2011, 01:12:21 AM
Its a very popular video game.  Started out for droids and iphones.  But i just got it for pc. Very addictive.

Thanks for the info. I'm an ignoramus when it comes to new games for new gadgets and new gizmos. I'm a fiber optic cable away from being a complete technophobic Luddite. I'm the new Amish. ;-)

valdez

George and Richard C. Hoagland making a big deal out of an innocent message from NASA administrator, Charles Bolden, advising his employees to be prepared for emergencies.  Neuroscientist Melvin Morse talking about life after death, remote viewing, and how people do just fine with half their brains cut out.  He also laughed a lot, which I think made George nervous, not knowing if he was laughing at him, or with him.  I couldn't tell either.
     Yeah, I could have made a joke about the half brain thing and George, but sometimes you just gotta let it go.

genxnyc

Best line I heard in a long time:

Richard:  Do you have any idea how many comets pass through the area on a yearly basis?

George:  More than I can count.

Richard:  Over 100!

JustOneFix

I had a random thought-

For those of you who are Phil Hendrie fans and know of the Bobbie Dooley character,

George reminds me of Steve Dooley when a guest is talking. Both George & Steve add random bits of worthless info during the conversation. Both are about as intelligent.

fysisist

Quote from: genxnyc on June 16, 2011, 05:45:56 AM
Best line I heard in a long time:

Richard:  Do you have any idea how many comets pass through the area on a yearly basis?

George:  More than I can count.

Richard:  Over 100!

This is classic RCH strategy - ask Georgie a question that he obviously won't know the answer to, wait for him to jump in with both feet, then lower the boom on his lame answer.  RCH did the same thing with Art, but Art was ever so much more adept at not coming out looking like a fool, even thugh he didn't have the answer, either.  Noory falls for it every time, though.  It's C2C gold.

Roger

Quote from: zensunni on June 11, 2011, 04:49:37 PM
So George apparently never heard of the Findhorn community in Scotland. A listener brought it up (along with the stories of the freakishly massive veggies they grow at Findhorn), but George said it was all news to him. Now, Findhorn was founded around 40 years ago, and was led by David Spangler, a legend in New Age circles. Make of that what you will, the fact is that anyone with even a casual interest in alternative spirituality has heard of Findhorn, and David Spangler as well. There was even a bestselling book, "The Findhorn Garden", and the community got a lot of press from being discussed in the film "My Dinner with Andre".

But the caller called it "FIND-horn", with the long "i" sound, and so did George. It actually rhymes with 'wind born'.

Then, soon afterwards, another caller wanted to know the name of some old Viking movie. George went to some texts and emails, and apparently not knowing what was being referred to, said, "was the movie called Findhorn"? He apparently forgot that a caller was talking about the Findhorn community JUST TEN MINUTES PRIOR.

I'm not saying I'm a Findhorn fan, or that the community should be covered on C2C. But come on, George! If you're not going to broaden your interests beyond Linda Mouton Howe, the Mayan calendar nonsense, and e-foods direct, at least pay enough attention to know what just happened ten minutes ago on your own show! ::)

Well, I'm not sure George doesn't really know about it, but my take on this is that in this business the host accomodates the least common denomenator in terms of exposure to any kind of information.

That is good hostmanship (in this case 'hostmanship': if a woman good hostessship?)

Not convinced he doesn't know about David or Secret life of plants and all that.

What do you think about this hypothesis? My first impression.

Quote from: valdez on June 16, 2011, 03:54:21 AM
snip

Neuroscientist Melvin Morse talking about life after death, remote viewing, and how people do just fine with half their brains cut out.  He also laughed a lot, which I think made George nervous, not knowing if he was laughing at him, or with him.  I couldn't tell either.

haha

Morgus

Did everyone see the pics posted earlier this week of Noory's health convention event at the c2c website?
Gives an insight into what his fans look like and how he looks in person at these events:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2011/06/13

He tells these people at the events that he doesn't darken his hair. Who is he fooling?  8)

Roger

Quote from: Morgus on June 16, 2011, 11:36:05 PM
Did everyone see the pics posted earlier this week of Noory's health convention event at the c2c website?
Gives an insight into what his fans look like and how he looks in person at these events:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2011/06/13

He tells these people at the events that he doesn't darken his hair. Who is he fooling?  8)

Burbank~! Probie!

What in the fuck are you up to now!?

What happened to 'AldousBurbank'?

Got tired of that too, huh?

Just another replay of when we took acid in Nam, man.

You nut!

Roger

That's pronouned 'NAH-m'; not Naum or NOM. Nayam. Y'know? Right? Right?
Right right rioght, Right?
ha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha etc.

Fucker! Fuckin' funny as ever. Thank ye gads for my self control I would have ere now pissed my self but good laughing.

You are so perfect! Amazing.

Roger

No, I'm serious.

That is so frickin' funny.

No body get's it.

'Who's that nut 'roger'?'

You tell 'em.  I'm like, just, 'fuck'em'.

Happy to be that 'wing-nut'.

ha ha ha ha!

Great Sarge.

You know it all.

Roger

Roger

Cure a wart with a shot-gun!

Caligula! What a comedian!

You, why, why, why I oughta, I say, I say, why oughta, son, I oughta . . . .

A chicken-hawk.

What in the hell is a 'chicken-hawk'?

Here . . . never mind.
ferget it. fuck it.

Roger

Quote from: anagrammy on June 03, 2011, 09:41:48 AM
Search "INCOMPETENCE" and you'll find it.  For a time we thought gathering just the goofs and gaffes in one place and putting them on a spreadsheet would be fun and possibly effective in getting him removed.  Then we realized that they don't care if he is incompetent or not, the show is not based on the quality of the presentation, rather it is sold bundled with other shows and stations are forced to take C2C if they want Rush.  Rollye James gave a detailed explanation of the politics of radio and C2C history, if you are that interested, you can search on her name and get more info.

Noory has become a professional hack and lends his name and "reputation" to a variety of products appealing to the aged.  The show has lost the younger demographic and no longer offers vacations to Las Vegas or even cruises, unless they involve the recycled five guests.  I'm expecting their new sponsors will be bedsore medication, denture cream, and the like.

Anagrammy

'what you mean "we?",' as Tonto said to the Lone Ranger?

Who did that animated cartoon? Lenny Bruce?

Luckily, no 'anagram' of 'roger' comes out 'george.

Two 'r's and one 'g' can never, by any stretch of the illiterate,
come out as a name that is two 'g's, and only one 'r'.

So dispense with that fantasy.

I do lot's of thinks/things.

You asked: am I in 'Hollywood'? 'La-la-land': simple answer,
truly: no. NOT!

Friends with Larry David? Friends with Robert Evans?: No.

Never met them that I can recall.

Maybe they know me.

I'm not a star-fucker, not a pigeon-holer, not a wanna-be
'somebody'.

Is that how you dispell competitors from your almost total
control of these boards?

Or are you Michael V's wife, his teacher, or: what is it
you aspire to?

I think you are as fony as hell, and the biggest joke of
all on this blog.

You make me . . . almost . . . laugh.  But I'm too busy
crying for you, babe.

Grow the fuck up.

Roger

And now, about 'Findhorn'.

You know, the most enlightening thing I, WE, ever got from that silly
experimental megalomaniac nut-job, frickin' liar-lying snake-shit pack of
bull-shit buggers and botherers of ye Olde Scotland was simply one thing:
boiled coffee is kinda good.

All that other shit?

Insanity. Nut-jobs.

Roger

And don't give me any crap about some nut seeing 'Pan' and all that
whoo-whoo getting the 'straight-dope' by a jack-off 'seer'.

David Spangler is just another Manson, another idiot wanting to make the
cosmos after his own perverted, limited and highly inflammed self-regard.

Anybody who follows that fool is a worse fool than he made himself into
by that bullshit.

This is akin to child-molestation.

Tell you what'd that get you in 'heaven': down you go. Go ahead, live
in your puny imagination. Trying to purvey it, sell it, as some 'perception'
or 'real vision' or 'spiritual vision' as 'what's real', 'REALITY'?

Gee whiz, if my dandelions in my orchard are two feet tall, leaves like
lettuce: must BE fairies? Pan?

Give me a big, BIG, fuckin' break.

Fuckers. Such OUGHT to arrested, imprisoned in the tower for unlawful
carnal 'knowledge'.  In short: the insane must be noticed for what they
are: insane.

Beware of them, but still be nice to them.

One of my friends would like to put them in chains.

The next step of the punishment would be: me talking to them in the tower
as they are trying to go to sleep.

What?!  You can't be tired!  I have lot's of things to talk about. I thought
up so many good jokes today!

Hey Louie!  How was your walk today?

My friend (she doesn't like me to call her my 'wife') thinks of me as the
ultimate punishment. I'm of the opinion that 'off with their heads' would
save us a lot cash and booty.  Why feed 'em.

Her answer: cosmic consequences.

I see that mathematically.

Well, resurrection/reincarnation and 'whoo-whoo' 'Findhornism' might
be a danger to life.

Now, well, I have to agree with my wife.

No death. Anybody dies on the chain-gang: not death, but: roger.