• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Best Printer

Started by Frys Girl, June 23, 2009, 10:25:06 AM

Frys Girl

What kind of printer do you love/hate? I am looking to buy some new goodies like a laser printer and Adobe photoshop. I know I'll get screwed with the adobe prices somehow, so I'm trying to do better with the printer.

I'd also like to keep in mind that cartridges are expensive, but they last a LOT longer.

Thanks!

heater

do you plan to be printing a lot of the work you do in photoshop or just black prints?

Do not buy a low end black/grayscale Brother laser printer.  I work on them every week at my job and they are crap.  The more expensive models from Brother are ok though.

If you are going to do color printing I would look at a low end phaser from xerox.

just my 2 cents.

Ruteger

I got a Canon Pixma $39 inket from Mal-Wart. Works w/Windows 7 release 7100. Perfectly happy with it.  ;:)

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 01, 2009, 02:08:51 AM
as do most things.  looooove win 7.

Yeah - and since I just had to F-Disk my fucking computer anyway (don't ask) I may as well go for it.

slipstream

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 01, 2009, 02:08:51 AM
as do most things.  looooove win 7.

oh, yeah, almost forgot... buy it BEFORE july 11:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dsoftware&field-keywords=windows+7&x=0&y=0

Yep, looks like I will be pre ordering this.  Heaven forbid I buy a Microsoft product ahead of time  :o

EvB

QuoteYep, looks like I will be pre ordering this.

Me 2 -- VISTA seriously sucks!