• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Wow I made the upper right corner. Thank you Bellgab.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 16, 2018, 02:16:03 PM
rest of it

SJWs looking for something to get upset about. ::)

As far as I know if someone plays a song on a commercial broadcast they pay royalties to the author(s). So, if Art does own the rights and not Crystal Gayle his estate will receive those royalties. What's the big deal?!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kolchak on April 16, 2018, 02:52:42 PM
George is an idiot, but he is not "stealing" anything by playing this song as a tribute to Art. I don't think it's "capitalizing," either. What's the man supposed to do?

The vitriol and dick measuring from team Midnight in the Desert is really miscalculated and bizarre. Plan the funeral service and celebrate the man's life instead of lashing out at police and your arch enemies via Facebook.

Lasha is clearly insane. She's also your classic SJW, always on the lookout for something to get morally outraged about. Heather never should've tied her ship to her. Bad idea!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on April 16, 2018, 04:33:35 PM
Yeah, I guess I'm kind of in the minority.  Clint must have seen something in her too.  I didn't know about that Knock Knock thing, 21, thanks for the trivia.

I like this lady's voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcRZ_J_VgNc&list=PLxcc29zVwq9pKFz4OJEaOcExIb9dd5Wx4

The Christians might especially like this from her, I'm not one but I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fztz_Vr9uHk&index=4&list=PLxcc29zVwq9pKFz4OJEaOcExIb9dd5Wx4

Chine

Quote from: mv on April 16, 2018, 03:41:47 PM
Someone played a song.  Noooooooo!

Good Grief. Ahahaha. The whining, crying and drama posting on Facebook. It’s just the beginning. Here we go.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 16, 2018, 05:07:11 PM
Lasha is clearly insane. She's also your classic SJW, always on the lookout for something to get morally outraged about. Heather never should've tied her ship to her. Bad idea!
Has she also moved into the Art Bell Compound? Is some of this bitching and posting about possible trouble in paradise or division of Art's assets? Or the will? Now with his passing Airyn would, likely, be in charge and maybe figures better investments for the children is less about MITD and some women who somehow hook-winked Art?

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2018, 05:10:22 PM
I like this lady's voice:

The Christians might especially like this from her, I'm not one but I like it.

Yeah, she really does have a lovely voice.

Chine

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 05:19:20 PM
Has she also moved into the Art Bell Compound? Is some of this bitching and posting about possible trouble in paradise or division of Art's assets? Or the will? Now with his passing Airyn would, likely, be in charge and maybe figures better investments for the children is less about MITD and some women who somehow hook-winked Art?

I thought she was working with MITD?

Sammi

Quote from: yoursongs on April 16, 2018, 03:30:18 PM
#1:  Art Bell DOES/DID NOT own this song, unless he wrote words and music HIMSELF, or bought all copyrights from the composers.  Which neither one are true as far as can be seen.  #2:  The HW whinefest is in full swing now as can plainly be seen.  #3:  I don't listen or have ever listened to "C2C", but this song is all over the internet, spotify, youtube, itunes, etc.  #4:  It seems that MITD drew very naive, easily fooled fans, esp. since HW took over the show.  #5:  Just because a song was "inspired" by Art Bell and MITD does not mean they f....ing OWN the song, and that nobody else in the world can touch it.  #6:  HW, KR, and fans of this crap need to grow up.  #7:  What other song should someone doing a tribute to Art play?  Seems logical to me as long is it was legal to play it on the air, which with the "fair use" law (like with youtube, it is.)

From someone who's in the music industry:  Radio stations can play ANY commercially released music as long as they payout the royalty fees to the publisher.   However the song cannot be placed in the podcast version of the show without licensing, unless the artist was a guest in that episode (falls under journalism usage).   If the song had been specifically written for MITD (which it wasn't) and hadn't been commercially released (iTunes, spotify, tidal, physical cd's), etc.. Then it may be a different story.   But commercially released music is fair game in radio land as long as they're set up to pay royalties.

albrecht

Quote from: Sammi on April 16, 2018, 05:39:47 PM
From someone who's in the music industry:  Radio stations can play ANY commercially released music as long as they payout the royalty fees to the publisher.   However the song cannot be placed in the podcast version of the show without licensing, unless the artist was a guest in that episode (falls under journalism usage).   If the song had been specifically written for MITD (which it wasn't) and hadn't been commercially released (iTunes, spotify, tidal, physical cd's), etc.. Then it may be a different story.   But commercially released music is fair game in radio land as long as they're set up to pay royalties.
Considering all the drama, and debate, when Art started the new show you'd like BGers, and MITD employees, would understand a bit about music licensing!!

albrecht

Quote from: Chine on April 16, 2018, 05:29:09 PM
I thought she was working with MITD?
Idk, haven't listened in many months. Just saw the screen grabs here about the posting and bitching.

Sammi

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 05:44:13 PM
Considering all the drama, and debate, when Art started the new show you'd like BGers, and MITD employees, would understand a bit about music licensing!!

LOL right.  I mean MITD plays music.  It's not like ABBA personally gave their blessing to play "Dancing Queen" on the show.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 16, 2018, 02:12:55 PM
Crappy if true! Anyone hear it?
The scariest part is they are fucking serious. But am I surprised? Nope.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chine on April 16, 2018, 05:11:31 PM

It’s just the beginning. Here we go.

Twenty pounds of bulk popcorn arrived today at Vandeven Enterprisesâ,,¢.

comaphobe

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 16, 2018, 03:16:51 PM
I remember that picture with her from ArtBell.com.  He was a sucker for Asians.

Crystal Gayle is not Asian. She is from Kentucky, and she is the full-blooded sister of Loretta Lynn.

albrecht

Quote from: comaphobe on April 16, 2018, 06:03:01 PM
Crystal Gayle is not Asian. She is from Kentucky, and she is the full-blooded sister of Loretta Lynn.
That don't make her brown eyes blue.  ;)
I thought she was, or had a lot, of  Cherokee in her? But she could be like that Pocahontas Senator, I guess.

Taco Bell

Quote from: albrecht on April 16, 2018, 06:15:36 PM
That don't make her brown eyes blue.  ;)
I thought she was, or had a lot, of  Cherokee in her? But she could be like that Pocahontas Senator, I guess.

Mush have her confused with Cher

Taco Bell

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 16, 2018, 06:20:53 PM
This is a good one too:

Ever check out her album with Robert Plant? It's called Rising Sand

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 06:31:02 PM

Great stuff!

Sean92008

Quote from: comaphobe on April 16, 2018, 06:03:01 PM

You are fake news.

QUOTE THE WHOLE GODDAMN STATEMENT.  THERE WERE THREE ITEMS.

FUCKTARD.

I wrote:
Quote from: Sean92008 on April 16, 2018, 03:16:51 PM
I remember that picture with her from ArtBell.com.  He was a sucker for Asians,  long hair and linguistically-challenged phone sex operators.

Well, we know one of them didn't play any part in his death...

whoozit

I wonder when the ads will start for the tribute show.  I can see it now:

For only $10.95 you can listen to the Official MITD Art Bell Tribute show. 
No other shows have given you the “Truth”.
For an additional $99.95 you will receive an official piece of Arts Parts.
Make checks payable to Queef Rowland.

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 16, 2018, 02:12:55 PM
Crappy if true! Anyone hear it?

Should have known Rosegirl is right in there with KR and HW and their classy activities

Catsmile

#SycophancyRules
#ShipOfFools   
#ThisIsWhyShitsBroken
#FuriousTears
#Sigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbXFvZu4tuQ

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 06:31:02 PM

Not yet but I'm about to.

Quote from: Sammi on April 16, 2018, 05:49:44 PM
LOL right.  I mean MITD plays music.  It's not like ABBA personally gave their blessing to play "Dancing Queen" on the show.

Are you Sammi Scarlette by any chance?

comaphobe

Quote from: Sean92008 on April 16, 2018, 06:37:54 PM
You are fake news.

QUOTE THE WHOLE GODDAMN STATEMENT.  THERE WERE THREE ITEMS.

FUCKTARD.

I wrote:

Go back to 5chan you idiot.