• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell cancels show for good

Started by Auslandia, December 11, 2015, 04:36:47 PM

drksd4848

Quote from: pyewacket on December 11, 2015, 05:01:49 PM
What about Heather (redacted) ?

EX-ACTLY!  There is SO much at stake here, you'd think he'd find a way.  Advertisers, Heather, Keith, etc.... This is all bullshit.  He's done with the show...

I'm sure there is a more interesting back story to all this.  There is WAY more to this than a shooter - if there is one at all.   As in, if there is a shooter - and there may be - THAT is not the reason why he's quitting.

The General

Dammit.  Just God Effing Dammit.
I hope whoever was terrorizing Art gets their dick caught in a revolving door.
Thanks for one final ride, Art.  It was better than ever.

starrmtn001

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 11, 2015, 04:55:49 PM
Dear Art.

You and your family come first.  Don't worry, we'll survive.  We're big kids now.
Well, most of us are.  I can't speak for the whiners.

henge0stone

Art should move and not give his location out. His home in Parump has become legendary over the years and its altogether too public. I think moving would be a better solution than ending the show since the stalker knows where he is still. Fuck A hole stalkers

Rasputin

I'm saddened to hear this, and hope they catch the shitbag that was harassing Art and his family. Good luck and stay safe Art, you will be missed.

dan7800

Wait the weekend out. Things will change over the next few days. We all know it will.

stenjay

For what it's worth, I don't think that the claims about the shooter are bogus.  He owns the network, owns the show, and isn't in anyone's pocket.  If he wanted to or needed to take some time off just to rest or be with his family, he absolutely could.  He's his own boss.  Completely calling it quits is the worst case scenario for a shitty situation.  There are tons of other options before that.  As I said in a previous post, the business implications alone are likely a nightmare.  He wouldn't do this unless for some reason he had to.

bellNwhistle

Art has been on for YEARS- talking about the same ol' stuff.  So why is THIS time so important to shut him up??  There is a really short list of logical suspects.. and what do they stand to gain from shutting him down permanently?  Aside from the possible alien superstructure, there's nothing at all earth shaking on this round of his talk show.

Quote from: henge0stone on December 11, 2015, 05:07:53 PM
Art should move and not give his location out. His home in Parump has become legendary over the years and its altogether too public. I think moving would be a better solution than ending the show since the stalker knows where he is still. Fuck A hole stalkers

You think people wouldn't notice several thousands of dollars worth of antennas suddenly popping up?  It would get out in under a year.

Bounder

Quote from: henge0stone on December 11, 2015, 05:07:53 PM

And relocating in Art's advantageous financial position would be push-button simple in economically stressed Nevada.  Could grab a highly secure compound on Time Traveler proceeds alone.

stenjay

Quote from: dan7800 on December 11, 2015, 05:09:38 PM
Wait the weekend out. Things will change over the next few days. We all know it will.

I'm partially in this camp.  I would be lying if I said that it hadn't crossed my mind that this is some kind of ploy in cooperation with law enforcement to draw out the attacker so he can be thrown in the slammer.

bellNwhistle

He could rent out space over at Area 51.  ;D

the_peeve

I am hoping Art decides to take some time off and re-evaluate the situation. A part of me totally understands what he is doing to protect his family. I get that.

But also at these times, we can't give in to terrorism. I hope Art and his cohorts can think of a solution to all of this and get him back on air in a few weeks or months.

The shows have been excellent and he was back in fine form. Just a shame to pull the plug for good over this.

chefist

Hope Art and his family are safe...fun ride while it lasted...

AppealPlay

Why does this have to happen like this? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Bounder

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 11, 2015, 05:10:02 PM
Art has been on for YEARS- talking about the same ol' stuff.  So why is THIS time so important to shut him up??  There is a really short list of logical suspects.. and what do they stand to gain from shutting him down permanently?  Aside from the possible alien superstructure, there's nothing at all earth shaking on this round of his talk show.

So far only the vendetta theory holds water.  "Random crazy," maybe, but one would expect that to have happened already in Art's multi-decade career.  Then again, maybe this jerk is the statistical "one in a thousand."

dan7800

For anyone calling bs, art calling the police about something he knew he was lying about would be a crime. He is smarter than that.

trostol

Quote from: Northcoaster on December 11, 2015, 05:03:27 PM
Don't do a show at your house. Problem solved.

that doesn't solve the problem

as for just moving..perhaps it had been thought about but uprooting a kid at that age can be very..dramatic...plus all of his equipment and such...

dan7800

Quote from: the_peeve on December 11, 2015, 05:12:25 PM
I am hoping Art decides to take some time off and re-evaluate the situation. A part of me totally understands what he is doing to protect his family. I get that.

But also at these times, we can't give in to terrorism. I hope Art and his cohorts can think of a solution to all of this and get him back on air in a few weeks or months.

The shows have been excellent and he was back in fine form. Just a shame to pull the plug for good over this.

Agreed. His shows are great.

Good grief, Art.  You can't let this hood ruin your life.  I understand your concerns regarding your wife and child but you really need to show that you won't be bullied.  Get some attack dogs for starters.

Dateline

Yes, there was a mouse, and they do talk/

Family first of course.  Perhaps you could put a replay on tonight.  Then, move your broadcast point away from the dwelling until the intruder is caught  The broadcast point could be your choosing, but I am sure there would be a local radio station that would lend a studio for awhile.  Problem solved.

We know you Art.  You go to one far point read the posts and gravitate back to the middle. 

Don't put all of the marbles away, we still want to play and mice like cheese. 

TheSheriff

I can't think of any radio personality who has had half as much drama in their lives as Art has.

Hopefully this isn't the end, it can't be....

bellNwhistle

I'm suddenly remembering one of his earliest MITD shows.. perhaps the first one. The woman who called in and didn't realize she was talking to Art, and said how upset she was when she found out his "new" show at the time had been cancelled. Then he told her it was him she was talking to, and she was so incredibly happy.

:'( :'(

henge0stone

I understand that his family comes first but I don't understand why everything is so final with Art. Why not just say show is on hiatus or something. Its a podcast and its not like it has to be a regular thing.

Dateline

Please don't force me to join ParanormalDate.com to fill my Friday nights...

TheSheriff

I can't help but feel he's been looking for an excuse to end it..

At least he doesn't have a non compete if he decides he wants to return

b_dubb

Quote from: Northcoaster on December 11, 2015, 05:03:27 PM
Don't do a show at your house. Problem solved.
This is a good point. Six antenna towers makes you stick out like a sore thumb. I wish for the sake of MITD and his family that he'd kept a lower profile.

Couldn't he do the show from the Phillipines?

Shit.

supernova

With all of Art's technical abilities you telling me he cannot get cameras and other surveillance gear in place to get a photo of this creep. I don't buy it, I think he just wants out again! I am sick of this guy jerking people around. By the way he always uses either his family or his back as the excuse. Oh well whether it is true or not he has just passed the baton along to those C2C twits - they must be popping champagne corks right now. Art Bell - Looser.

EarthAlien007

I can't believe one asshole can make us lose Art's show.

Where are the cops?

Art can't walk in his own yard at night, and this isn't news?

I liked the idea about offering a reward for this creep.