• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Favorite MITD episode so far?

Started by henge0stone, October 03, 2015, 07:27:14 AM

henge0stone

I know this will probably constantly be changing since they have been so great, but I was curious what your favorites of the new show have been?

AppealPlay

I really liked Madman Marcum.  Elaine the Bigfoot Lady was fun, too.  The open lines show with the "losing my mind" line was classic.

Weirdoradio

Andrew Basiago's (8/14) insane ramblings about going back in time were quite pleasant. Also his revelation about meeting Art Bell in the past too was a fun (though.... implausible) bombshell that made for good, entertaining radio.

The first EVP episode (8/20) episode is another great one in terms of entertainment value.

The worst one? Charles Maxwell's crop circle episode that ended with him admitting that hey, these things could be made by people and then Art going to open lines for hour 3.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 03, 2015, 07:31:46 AM
I really liked Madman Marcum.  Elaine the Bigfoot Lady was fun, too.  The open lines show with the "losing my mind" line was classic.
I was going to call in to that open lines show, but it is hard to vocalize lucid thoughts while actively losing one's mind.

I don't think I have heard my favorite episode yet.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 03, 2015, 11:14:17 AM
Andrew Basiago's (8/14) insane ramblings about going back in time were quite pleasant. Also his revelation about meeting Art Bell in the past too was a fun (though.... implausible) bombshell that made for good, entertaining radio.

Oh, damn, I forgot about Andy!  Yeah, add that to the list of classics.  That guy is a MASTER bullshitter.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 03, 2015, 11:20:22 AM
Oh, damn, I forgot about Andy!  Yeah, add that to the list of classics.  That guy is a MASTER bullshitter.

I think I approach the show much differently than a lot of other people in terms of judging content, and that means the Basiago show was aces.

I treat MITD and shows of its ilk as if we (the listener), the guest and host were all hanging out by a fire, trading stories. I will forgive a guest for sounding insane if it's entertaining, and especially if a guest keeps going deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole, like Basiago seemed to be able to do.

albrecht

Basiago, Peter Davenport, and Steven Starr.

cweb

The best so far for me were John Dvorak and Open Lines (Losing My Mind). Close behind are Madman Markum and Elaine (Backyard Bigfoot).

Gotta say, all the open lines have been great shows so far. And getting better each week!

Mad Man Marcum, The Nuclear Bomb episode from a few days ago, That spook guy who's running for office and open lines is what jumps to mind.

book

Definitely the warp drive guy, can't recall his name at the moment, intelligent stuff and a lot of fun.

b_dubb

I don't even believe in Bigfoot but the show where Art interviewed the director of the squatch museum ranks up there. I can't explain it.

Dyna-X

Quote from: book on October 05, 2015, 03:36:58 PM
Definitely the warp drive guy, can't recall his name at the moment, intelligent stuff and a lot of fun.

That was David Pares and he does seem to be tapping something.  He made my short list.

I cant pick just one, but a short list from the 50 shows so far of ones I am likely to listen to again in no particular order.
1.   Peter Davenport (Passive radar idea is brilliant)
2.   Madman Marcum (The most credible Madman on the show yet, possibly real)
3.   Open lines “Losing my Mind Line” â€" Great Energy that night
4.   Richard Dolan UFO’s (Love UFO topics,  plus Richard is a friend, so a little bias)
5.   Dr. Albert Taylor (OOBE How-to and I want to experiment)
6.   David Pares (most credible Warp Drive experiments â€" we NEED a warp drive!)
7.   Dr. David Jacobs â€" Seems legit enough, nice to hear non-new agey perspectives on UFOs
8.   Nick Redfern â€" (MIB, Black-eyed children and Shadow people seem related - dovetails well with Jacobs show and nice accent. I think he ultimately has the     answers to the 'evil' Art is exploring with the priests

henge0stone

I haven't caught up in awhile and I know this Bigfoot sound recording show tonight is going to be up there. But so far,

1. Linda Godfrey werewolf's - really fun and original stories. I don't think I ever heard dogman stories that much before. Also branched into other cryptids and just a delight. 
2. Nick Redfern - Men in Black - creepy stories, mentioning of BEK was great.
3. Richard Dolan - the most sane UFO guest I've heard in a while. Really good.
4. Rugg/Elaine Bigfoot shows - love cryptids Elaine show was good.

So far the only ones I didn't care much for were Truth or Trash (never really liked them) and Mad Man Marcum. I'm glad he came back but his story was just boring. If your going to BS make it interesting.

csummers

The one podcast that didnt feature anyone doing dark matter news was by far the best episode ever. No ear drum splitting lighting sound effect to annoy anyone, just pure art bell........exactly what we pay for.

wr250

Arts Worst shows smoke the noorons shows. so it dont matter.

Brewhound

Mad Man Markum and Men In Black.  Open lines is usually very good as well.

zmbabwe

Flat earth debate.  Bigfoot audio recordings a distant second.

DanTSX

Davenport, Redfern, Mallet, Open Lines is always a hoot.

Has Art done a night with Hoagie?  I know that would be a long day on the air for an old guy like RCH, but maybe switch it up a bit and play a recording in his time slot or something and do a promo interview on MITD....

henge0stone

Sounds of Sasquatch is my new first, with Linda Godfrey and Redfern second and third. Imaging creepy Bigfoot calls and chatter in the wilderness is such fun. I also liked how he was linking Bigfoot with Aliens and the Nephilim. It was like a fantasy novel.

TheSheriff

Quote from: wr250 on October 10, 2015, 07:52:21 PM
Arts Worst shows smoke the noorons shows. so it dont matter.

So true.

I'm just savouring every episode.

TheSheriff

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 18, 2015, 01:18:41 AM
Your avatar is terrifying.

It's simply a visual metaphor of what the Nooron is doing to the listener every night.

trostol

John Dvorak
David Paulides
Blanche Barton

ziznak

Any show that Jazmunda calls in on.

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on October 20, 2015, 05:09:03 PM
Blanche Barton
I really liked Blanche as well. Open lines are always my fave. GIS was okay too.

bellNwhistle

David Paulides was good, if only because I have a thing for unsolved mysteries. I went on a youtube video frenzy after that show, to listen to more episodes. I think I actually read one of his books in a log cabin my family rented a couple of years ago. (it was on the shelf).

The lady who lives with bigfoot was a hoot.. up until she said she saw a UFO, and then she pretty much sounded like a whack job.