• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

Wintermute

Leo Ashcraft is known in LPFM and a lot of the southern states radio groups. He's worked for a lot of stations in various roles and helped out a lot of start-up LPFM station from the last FCC go-a-round. So he has connections, which is how Art was able to make affiliate in-roads so quickly... then lose a bunch so quickly.

Yep, it looks like Leo is taking Art Bell's idea. But it sure looks like Art Bell borrowed his business model from C2C. And Art wasn't even close to being first with paranormal podcast / online broadcasting. So big picture... what is being "stolen"? I really don't see this as competition. Art Bell has the name and the core audience and nothing Leo does will change that. If Leo can actually field an above average show, he will compete for affiliates though. So there will be affiliate competition, but when has that not been the case? Every other time slot is a war-zone. Over-night guys have it easy comparatively.

The barrier to entry is so low with an audio-only radio program. The Internet and low-cost computing resources kicked the door open for EVERYONE. Guests are a dime a dozen in the paranormal space... they just want exposure. You should expect more late night conspiracy theory type shows to pop up. It's one of the least difficult things to produce.

Leo... I don't know what "success" looks like for him. Since this is a vengeance -run, I doubt he even thought about that. If it's to cobble a show together than get some affiliates, I'll be he can get it done. Will it be good? Will it last past the initial, obvious revenge? Probably not because, as Art can attest to, doing something out of vengeance (SXM) doesn't work out well.

Thus begins another Art Bell soap opera...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: phrodo on September 29, 2015, 10:44:33 AM
Regardless of his errors, I enjoy the news with Leo and so do many others.

Fair enough. Short-bus reasoning at it's finest, but this is 'murriker after all, and you are entitled to your opinion, however fatuous and deluded. It makes you wonder whether he could manage a visit to the bathroom unsupervised, but it would be unkind to comment further.

Quote from: phrodo on September 30, 2015, 01:48:15 AM
Why belittle and berate Leo day after day?

Why indeed? We are all a bunch of meanies who deserved to be admonished by this principled chap. I feel quite humbled, and not a little awed by this Dutch uncle treatment. I must resolve to do better. It takes balls to adopt this stance amid the overwhelming consensus that Ashcraft is the creature whom God forgot. But this guy is standing on the burning bridge telling us what assholes we all are. You gotta respect that.

Quote from: phrodo on October 09, 2015, 03:42:11 PM
The idiot is incapable of original thought. Leo ripped off everything else - Mutual Radio News, Dark Matter News, and now trying to clone Art's show using practically the same spiel he was using when that was a landing page for Art's satellite affiliate inquiry. If he had one iota of decency he would make a new URL for his clone show -- but we know of course he doesn't have a shred of decency or creativity.

Asshat has gone batshit-er.  ::)

Oh....  :-[

I would be wrong to call this sort of thing the behaviour of a spineless weasel. I wouldn't even say that he is a moron who doesn't even have the decency to keep quiet when his little love chum is shown to be nuttier than squirrel shit. He's like the Vicar of Bray. It doesn't matter what side you are on, just shout with the loudest.

Skunk Ape

So what's his sales pitch?

"You may know me from when I misread the paranormal news segment for Art Bell's Internet radio show. Want to carry my unknown name and a three-hour bumble-fest on your 250W station or do you want to keep playing public domain parlor music?"

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Skunk Ape on October 12, 2015, 08:45:29 AM

"You may know me from when I misread the paranormal news segment for Art Bell's Internet radio show. Want to carry my unknown name and a three-hour bumble-fest on your 250W station or do you want to keep playing public domain parlor music?"

I know someone posted this earlier, but it's worth showing a bit of it again:

"Anyone that has heard him, needs no introduction when he begins to speak.  He brings a level of common sense and peace to the listener which some refer to as therapeutic."

It is quite obvious that Ashcraft concocted this abortion, since it makes no sense whatsoever. It as though he spewed a few words into a dictaphone and then simply typed them out, never mind little matters like coherence. I know radio isn't traditionally packed tightly with the brightest bulbs, but even they, surely, would look at this nonsense, shake their heads, and  think about something else. It all looks like Ashcraft is heading for a mental breakdown (if he isn't there already) and is throwing stuff together without having a clue what he is doing, or any real expectation of it taking off. How Art got involved with this loon is a mystery.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 12, 2015, 08:52:48 AM
I know someone posted this earlier, but it's worth showing a bit of it again:

"Anyone that has heard him, needs no introduction when he begins to speak.  He brings a level of common sense and peace to the listener which some refer to as therapeutic."

So wait... this just means if you've heard him speak before then you'd know him if you heard him speak again.

I'd know my high school principal's voice if I heard it again, doesn't mean I'd want to hear 3 hours of morning announcements.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Skunk Ape on October 12, 2015, 09:10:56 AM
So wait... this just means if you've heard him speak before then you'd know him if you heard him speak again.

I'd know my high school principal's voice if I heard it again, doesn't mean I'd want to hear 3 hours of morning announcements.

Subject and object are so fucked up here that you have no idea what's going on. There is no clue who 'he' is, for a start. It could be the 'anyone' who was mentioned at the beginning for all I know, who starts speaking. It's not simple illiteracy or laziness, it as though you are reading stuff written by someone who is falling apart. He clearly gets no advice from anyone (or doesn't take any) because nobody with the slightest education is going to read that shit and say, "that's fine, Leo".

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 12, 2015, 09:22:01 AM
Subject and object are so fucked up here that you have no idea what's going on. There is no clue who 'he' is, for a start. It could be the 'anyone' who was mentioned at the beginning for all I know, who starts speaking. It's not simple illiteracy or laziness, it as though you are reading stuff written by someone who is falling apart. He clearly gets no advice from anyone (or doesn't take any) because nobody with the slightest education is going to read that shit and say, "that's fine, Leo".

Fucking English major.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 12, 2015, 09:24:55 AM
Fucking English major.

Does that mean I outrank you?

Let me see those boots shine so that I can see my face in them, soldier!

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 12, 2015, 09:26:22 AM
Does that mean I outrank you?

Let me see those boots shine so that I can see my face in them, soldier!

In my mind, I can actually see you on your knees inspecting the, er, shine.  Major.  Sir.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 12, 2015, 09:22:01 AM

After re-reading it, wow.
I mean the sentence is heading for disaster after the first two words "Anyone that has heard him." Ughh

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Skunk Ape on October 12, 2015, 09:35:58 AM
After re-reading it, wow.
I mean the sentence is heading for disaster after the first two words "Anyone that has heard him." Ughh

It gets worse. I could only handle posting that little bit before going faint. The whole page is a monumental clusterfuck. The guy has clearly lost his mind, what little there was to begin with.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Skunk Ape on October 12, 2015, 08:45:29 AM

heh heh

starrmtn001

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 12, 2015, 09:30:02 AM
In my mind, I can actually see you on your knees inspecting the, er, shine.  Major.  Sir.
Ya just gotta LOVE Paladin! ;D

phrodo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 12, 2015, 08:06:07 AM
Fair enough. Short-bus reasoning at it's finest, but this is 'murriker after all, and you are entitled to your opinion, however fatuous and deluded. It makes you wonder whether he could manage a visit to the bathroom unsupervised, but it would be unkind to comment further.

Why indeed? We are all a bunch of meanies who deserved to be admonished by this principled chap. I feel quite humbled, and not a little awed by this Dutch uncle treatment. I must resolve to do better. It takes balls to adopt this stance amid the overwhelming consensus that Ashcraft is the creature whom God forgot. But this guy is standing on the burning bridge telling us what assholes we all are. You gotta respect that.

Oh....  :-[

I would be wrong to call this sort of thing the behaviour of a spineless weasel. I wouldn't even say that he is a moron who doesn't even have the decency to keep quiet when his little love chum is shown to be nuttier than squirrel shit. He's like the Vicar of Bray. It doesn't matter what side you are on, just shout with the loudest.

You and Leo are a lot alike. You think you're the shit -- but in reality are just a delusional diaper full. Loudest shouter? That would be you -- the Village Idiot pretending to be the Town Crier. Sure hope you don't get a paper cut while thumbing through your thesaurus.

You need a good cleansing vagtard -- may I suggest Summer's Eve ... maybe something extra-strength and minty.  ;D

phrodo

What vagtard .. no pithy, psuedo-literate retort? Guess with the time difference between the US (thankfully we cut ties with your shitty country back around 1776 -- but you still hold a grudge for that don't you) it's late so your "mummy" has already cut off your internet usage for the night. I just hope she has properly suckled you for your nourishment and also has "checked your rectal temperature" (I'm sure that's how you'd prefer to refer to that). So you are undoubtedly resting and dreaming of being either anally probed by aliens or ... oh - wait.... those aren't aliens - those are just your "mummy" again -- molesting you in your sleep.  She's so thorough and so attentive isn't she.  ;D

No wonder you're so fucked up and have to pretend to be smarter than everyone else. You're pathetic. Fuck off you overbearing, pretentious limey cunt.

phrodo

Quote from: b_dubb on October 12, 2015, 09:51:30 PM
Waiting for this story to die

Maybe (hoping) that the numbnuts limey fag will lose his hardon for me and go try to limp-dick-fuck his mom in the ass instead. But seriously doubt it. Pompous shits like him always have to have the last word. He dredged up a few posts of mine from nearly a month ago (in a different thread no less) from back when he and his circle-jerk wacko buddy were nitpicking Leo (back before Leo turned on Art and became a fuckwad) and then again acts like a pretentious prick trying to pick a fight. Fucking limey. If brains were dynamite he wouldn't have enough to blow his runny nose -- oh wait -- that's not snot.  ;D 

MV/Liberace!

I've merged all Leo Ashcraft threads into one giant pile of excrement, which you now see before you.

paladin1991

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 11, 2015, 09:11:02 PM
The ones I checked into weren't legally viable. I only did a cursory check into them and the Wyoming law regarding them. What I saw didn't pan out.  I could very well be wrong about that as my focus was on other areas at the time. I could have also only hit some of the scam sites, it was only a cursory search as an alternative to what I was looking at at that time. 
Has it been put to the test in a court room ? If so, and it did what it was designed to do, I may have to revisit that.
Thanks for the info.

Edit: Just checked Title 17 Ch 16 Wyoming State Statutes.  (W.S 17-16-501)
Wow - has that changed.
Also  - No personal or corporate income taxes in Wyoming.
I'll have to dig deeper into this. 
It's a bit different to what I was mentioning, but very close.
For someone that wants some basic protection, this might not be half bad.
Looks like a board of directors still has to be listed, but an agent service should be able to handle that.
Glad I happened to look back.  I might have missed this edit.  Thanks.   

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on October 13, 2015, 10:33:33 AM
I've merged all Leo Ashcraft threads into one giant pile of excrement, which you now see before you.

MMMM.  Thanks MV!  A real taste treat, too!

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on October 13, 2015, 10:33:33 AM
Almost.

For speckling.

skidder

I've been busy and missed all of this and can't be bothered reading dozens of pages.  Is it a fair summary to say Leo Asshat got the job reading the news on MITD and unfortunately discovered that he barely spoke English prior to throwing a hissy fit over his remuneration in public, which was then followed by shenanigans and butthurt?

ziznak

Quote from: skidder on October 13, 2015, 11:57:04 AM
I've been busy and missed all of this and can't be bothered reading dozens of pages.  Is it a fair summary to say Leo Asshat got the job reading the news on MITD and unfortunately discovered that he barely spoke English prior to throwing a hissy fit over his remuneration in public, which was then followed by shenanigans and butthurt?

he got into some crap with rowland and then told Art to choose between the two!  asshattery indeed... but yeah thats it in a shit-shell

skidder

Quote from: ziznak on October 13, 2015, 12:10:48 PM
he got into some crap with rowland and then told Art to choose between the two!  asshattery indeed... but yeah thats it in a shit-shell

Asshat is to news reading what Keith is to web design, a bit shit, the difference is Art is loyal to Keith and rightly so, loyalty is a good thing.

TheSheriff

I always felt Leo's contribution to the show was pretty much none existent. Don't get me wrong, I like the paranormal news segment but his voice is a bit too monotone and I certainly wouldn't wanna listen to 2 or 3 hours of him.

I think his ambitions are clearly way above his ability as a radio 'talent'.

I like Leo and love his take on the News, but ,,, either it is me or the highway says Good bye in my book.

Quote from: skidder on October 13, 2015, 12:29:14 PM
Asshat is to news reading what Keith is to web design, a bit shit, the difference is Art is loyal to Keith and rightly so, loyalty is a good thing.

that reminds me somehow of Duke Beer Can

henge0stone

Quote from: TheSheriff on October 13, 2015, 02:31:34 PM
I always felt Leo's contribution to the show was pretty much none existent. Don't get me wrong, I like the paranormal news segment but his voice is a bit too monotone and I certainly wouldn't wanna listen to 2 or 3 hours of him.

I think his ambitions are clearly way above his ability as a radio 'talent'.

I would have had more respect for him had he spoke correctly and written and researched the stories himself.