• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ChewMouse

Quote from: Jasmine on November 08, 2012, 04:44:57 PM
Ziznak, haven't a clue as to that story (wife raped, etc.) It sounds pretty effed up.

King was said to be very pleased with Brian De Palma's script and editing for "Carrie", yet pissed at Kubrick's translation of "The Shining", which, while brilliant as a book, was far too layered and complexed re two hour script format.

You guys want to see a FABULOUS 70's horror? Try and get your hands on Bob Clark's 1974's "Black Christmas" with Olivia Hussey, Margot Kidder, and John Saxon. John Carpenter totally ripped this very frightening film off four years later with "Halloween". "Black Christmas" will have you turning all the lights on in your home, and afraid to answer the phone!

Also, does anyone here remember the cheesy but fun 1974 TV thriller "Satan's School for Girls" with Kate Jackson and Cheryl Ladd pre "Charlie's Angels"? Or, "Play Misty for Me" and "The Norliss Tapes".

The 70's rocked...Noory doesn't.
"Play Misty For Me" was almost perfectly copied by "Fatal Attraction", in my opinion. Some of the lines were even the same. Anything about stalkers is a good movie.

Gerald's Game was actually a pretty good read; if I recall, it was more of a husband-wife doing some bondage stuff, wife being tied up and the husband dying during the fun (always a risk, after all). What I remember most is how thirsty the wife got and the incredible lengths she went to in order to get some water from the bedside table. King wrote pages and pages about that and I consumed about four liters of water.

I love Stephen King and let us not forget, he wrote "Stand By Me", a classic movie in every sense.

ShayP

Moderator! Moderator!  >:( :D  You guys hijacked this thread for something as good as early syfi/thriller/horror movies (WHICH I LOVE!) and ignored the topic as why Noory sucks.  A new topic should be started...hint hint.  ;)

ChewMouse

Quote from: ShayP on November 08, 2012, 05:05:40 PM
Moderator! Moderator!  >:( :D  You guys hijacked this thread for something as good as early syfi/thriller/horror movies (WHICH I LOVE!) and ignored the topic as why Noory sucks.  A new topic should be started...hint hint.  ;)
I'm sorry! I meant to finish with "...and of course this explains why George Noory sucks."

ShayP

Quote from: ChewMouse on November 08, 2012, 05:07:10 PM
I'm sorry! I meant to finish with "...and of course this explains why George Noory sucks."

............sooooooooooo, are you going to start a new topic regarding said films?  ;D ;D ;D

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Jasmine on November 08, 2012, 04:14:37 PM
LOL! HorrorRetro, did you ever see the 1973 made-for-TV thriller "Dying Room Only" with Cloris Leachman, Dabney Coleman, and Ned Beatty? Husband and wife on road trip - stop off at slimy roadside cafe for gas and coffee - husband goes into washroom...and vanishes. When my husband and I drove down to Florida, I REFUSED to take the side roads and stop at small town cafes! He thought I was insane! Great flim.

"The Screaming Woman" !! LOVE IT! Ending scene when Olivia digs up the buried woman during the thunderstorm (all 70's TV thrillers had the most horrific storms!) That ending blew me away.

They were smoking something cheesy but memorable! Remember the old 1970 made for TV thriller "The House that Would Not Die" with Barbara Stanwyck?
"Aimee come home!" I wouldn't go into our basement for days after seeing that one.

Yes, I've seen Dying Room Only!  In fact, I just watched it again about a month ago.  It's a great one.  Most of those MFTV movies seemed to take place back on dusty roads.  Trapped with James Brolin is actually the first movie I ever recall watching on TV.  It's a good one.  He gets mugged in the men's room of a department store near closing time.  Of course, there is a pack of security dobermans on patrol within the store.  ;D  I always tell my husband if I don't return from the restroom in 5 minutes send for help.  I think I learned all my valuable life lessons from '70s MFTV movies.

Another good one with Cloris Leachman is Death Sentence with Nick Nolte.  I actually have it on DVD that I got from a Dollar Tree store, but it used to be on YouTube. 

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ChewMouse on November 08, 2012, 05:04:40 PM
"Play Misty For Me" was almost perfectly copied by "Fatal Attraction", in my opinion. Some of the lines were even the same. Anything about stalkers is a good movie.

Gerald's Game was actually a pretty good read; if I recall, it was more of a husband-wife doing some bondage stuff, wife being tied up and the husband dying during the fun (always a risk, after all). What I remember most is how thirsty the wife got and the incredible lengths she went to in order to get some water from the bedside table. King wrote pages and pages about that and I consumed about four liters of water.

I love Stephen King and let us not forget, he wrote "Stand By Me", a classic movie in every sense.

Play Misty for Me is fantastic.  I have it on my Tivo right now. 

Jasmine

Party Pooper!! Go ahead, squeal on us, I DARE YOU! Bwahaaha!

Yes, Thank Buddha for Youtube - a lot of those 70's thrillers are there for our enjoyment.

"The calls...are coming...from inside the house!"

Pragmier

Quote from: ItsOver on November 08, 2012, 04:38:22 PM
If I want to watch cheap movies, I'll go with the '50s and '60s sci-fi.  Enjoyed "Earth vs. The Flying Saucers" and "20 Million Miles to Earth" on Turner last week. 

Ditto that, pretty much any Ray Harryhausen film. Jason and the Argonauts is still one of my ATGs.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 08, 2012, 03:42:50 PM
         The best "hicks as Satanists" film of the mid 70's. Another reason I've spent a life time avoiding Tejas. And Winnebago trips. And trips with other couples. And people.

LOL.  Yep, I can totally relate.

Another great one is When Michael Calls. When he says, "Auntie, my Helen, I"m dead," it freaks the hell out of me! 

ABC Tuesday Movie of the Week - When Michael Calls

ItsOver

Quote from: Pragmier on November 08, 2012, 05:24:31 PM
Ditto that, pretty much any Ray Harryhausen film.

It no doubt dates me but I'll take Harryhausen over most CGI effects.  Most CGI still looks to me like I'm just watching a cartoon.

Jasmine

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 08, 2012, 05:25:16 PM
LOL.  Yep, I can totally relate.

Another great one is When Michael Calls. When he says, "Auntie, my Helen, I"m dead," it freaks the hell out of me! 

ABC Tuesday Movie of the Week - When Michael Calls

Ohhh..."Auntie, my Helen, I'm dead."  Who could forget that!

I've seen "Trapped", but not the other Cloris Leachman one. I'll definitely check that one out, sister.

And, MV, if you're looking to blame anyone here for hijacking this thread, then just so you know...it was...it was...uh...ZIZNAK who started it!!

Okay, this 70's horror stuff is like heroin...NOT that I would know. At the tail end of the 70's, long after the heyday of the early 70's TV and theatrical thrillers, we had the cheesy but eerie "The Amityville Horror" ('79). There's a freaky little cheesy scene from this one that makes my blonde tresses stand on end. James Brolin's character has just chopped through the brick wall in the basement - just under the stairs - to reveal the "blood room" with his face appearing on the blood wall. At that point, the psychic girlfriend of James' friend (they are visiting the Lutz family) reluctantly comes down the basement stairs and slowly walks to the edge of the now-revealed evil "blood room". She is horrified...kneels down in front of the opening, and says (in a husky, terrified voice):

"They...they...come and go through here. Find the well! It's...the...passage...to...HELL!!"

Now, people, seriously, this scene has me then turning all the damn lights on.

Noory is a 70's made-for-radio thriller. He's cheesy, campy and gosh darn frightening to behold!

Morgus

yes - the off topic posts could be moved to an appropriate thread.
this thread should remain only for Noory sucks posting otherwise it is helping Noory to distract from that important issue...  8)

Eddie Coyle

Personally, I find great amusement in a "George Noory Sucks" thread, not even bothering to talk about Noory anymore. I think that's a far more scathing indictment than merely stating the obvious over and over. Apathy hits harder than antipathy.

ItsOver

“Indifference and neglect often do more damage than outright dislike.”  Noory?  What's a Noory? 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ItsOver on November 08, 2012, 08:17:49 PM
Noory?  What's a Noory?

I wish we could all return to the days of when the only name resembling Noory that we knew of was the actor Michael Nouri. Not this bumbling Nighthawk fool.

Jasmine

Quote from: ItsOver on November 08, 2012, 08:17:49 PM
“Indifference and neglect often do more damage than outright dislike.”  Noory?  What's a Noory?

Indifference and neglect, indeed. Case in point: the poor little Oompa Loompas were so small and helpless, they would get gobbled up right and left. A Wangdoodle would eat ten of them for breakfast and think nothing of it. And so, I said, "Come and live with me in peace and safety, away from all the Snoory Wangdoodles, and Hornswogglers, and Snozzwangers, and rotten, Vermicious Knids."

Quote from: LacyWoodrow on November 07, 2012, 10:05:15 AM
She will say something that applys to everything. I can't believe people actually buy that stuff. They really can't find good quality guests anymore? I wish C2C let  David John Oats back on. Atleast he was interesting.
Many people go to LA with dreams of making it in show business. When this doesn't work out, they cast around for a way to earn money that does not require actually working, and they hit on "personal life coach" psychic, numerologist etc. They avoid astrology because just learning the basics and the terminology takes a hellavalota work. If they can talk a good line, this usually works out, because most people are not interested in learning the truth about themselves, they are perfectly happy to pay large sums of money to someone who will tell them what they want to hear like: "you will meet your soul-mate soon"

If they're lucky (and/or screw, pay-off someone at the top) they worm their way onto C2C, and then the money really rolls in. This is what the Numbers Lady has done. A genuine seer would never be a guest on C2C. They would be repulsed by the Snooron. Genuine seers are not interested in fame or fortune and spend their time in nature, away from the masses.

Quote from: ziznak on November 07, 2012, 11:35:11 PM
soooo... yer the real deal huh?
Yep, I'm the real deal. Here"s my website: www.searchingforfernando.wordpress.com   If you are one of the few who actually read my long, long, story, and are inclined to think I made it up, I have a standing offer: anyone who thinks I invented my story can come to my town. I will show them the original documents that are on my website (but you better bring a Spanish translator because I can't even read the Spanish documents myself). I will introduce them to the witnesses to my story. I will take them to the local police station, and they can read the police records that back up my story. By the way, you'll never hear a story like mine on C2C because: #1   It actually happened   #2   I can prove it actually happened   #3   if I was a guest on C2C no one's palm would be greased (including my own) and   #4   I would only tell this story on the radio to an expert interviewer like Art or George Knapp.

ziznak

Can't say I blame ya for being so defensive... I have no reason to write off your story or abilities.  Is there a summarized version of the story on your site I don't know if I have the spare hours to read through the whole thing atm.

Quote from: ziznak on November 09, 2012, 01:02:39 AM
Can't say I blame ya for being so defensive... I have no reason to write off your story or abilities.  Is there a summarized version of the story on your site I don't know if I have the spare hours to read through the whole thing atm.
Sorry, there's no summarized version. However, if you scroll down the page (the story is all on one page) and read the bold headlines to each section, that's kind of a summary. There are so many fakes and phonies these days, and so much invented crap on the internet, that I guess I have gotten a little defensive. I tend to think of all  Snoory's guests as fake until they prove otherwise.

sansserif

While I was on a "George Noory Sucks" thread on another forum, I came upon this bit of encouraging news in one of the posts:

"Premiere is about to fire George anyway and replace him with a whole new paranormal show. Why? Because NO ONE wants to listen to The George Noory Show, his pathetic 1950's goody-two-shoes nightmare from whence he twisted and dry-humped Art Bell's amazing masterpiece."

Source: https://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-The-Official-LOP-George-Noory-Sucks-Thread?pid=4111685#pid4111685

Now I don't know if this person is going off of insider knowledge (there was something very assuring and official about their tone) or mere speculation; the wishful thinking of yet another disgruntled listener. Can anyone here confirm the veracity of this claim?

CoastSHAT

Man who is this guest tonight? I'm so tires of spectulation galore on this damn show. It's near the end of 2012 and we cant find anything more interesting than this? I mean no whistle blowers nothing? c2c after 2012 i bet will lose a lot of listeners as it already has. Coast has become a rinse wash repeat radio show. George noory is an overpaid twat who asks dumb ass questions that even a 6 year old can top. So tired of this guy thank god i found out about groundzero with clyde lewis.

Digitech

Quote from: sansserif on November 09, 2012, 02:52:26 AM
While I was on a "George Noory Sucks" thread on another forum, I came upon this bit of encouraging news in one of the posts:

"Premiere is about to fire George anyway and replace him with a whole new paranormal show. Why? Because NO ONE wants to listen to The George Noory Show, his pathetic 1950's goody-two-shoes nightmare from whence he twisted and dry-humped Art Bell's amazing masterpiece."

Source: https://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-The-Official-LOP-George-Noory-Sucks-Thread?pid=4111685#pid4111685

Now I don't know if this person is going off of insider knowledge (there was something very assuring and official about their tone) or mere speculation; the wishful thinking of yet another disgruntled listener. Can anyone here confirm the veracity of this claim?

On the 'Talk Radio/Podcasts' section of this forum, there is a thread about how Premiere Radio is going to start syndicating a show called Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis. My understanding is that show currently runs in a different time slot. But, maybe they will drop Noory and just move Ground Zero to the C2C time slot. It's possible. Maybe they are testing the waters with the new show and if it gets a good response, they'll axe Noory.

ItsOver

That's what I've been wondering.  On my local station, "Ground Zero" popped-up suddenly one night in place of rerunning the previous night's C2C, prior to that night's C2C.  Is PremRat doing a trial-run of Clyde Lewis?  So far, Clyde seems like a wound-up, much sharper Wells, since Clyde appears to deal mainly with a bunch of wacko conspiratorial stuff.  If he could tone it down a bit, avoid the rants, and stick to the paranormal, he'd be a lot better.  Much better voice and some broadcasting talent when compared to Noory, which doesn't take much.  "Ground Zero" happened to show-up around the time Noory started acting stranger than usual, with his bad impersonations, sophomoric sound effects, and "singing."  I wonder if Noory knows something is up.  Maybe even he has some survival self-awareness.

Kaiborg

I think we're on to something here... my "prediction" for Dec. 21st, 2012 is that this will be the date that Prem-rat unceremoniously hands sNoory a pink slip, and tells him he won't be going on tonight, or ever again.  And then, on that magical evening, with zero warning, us listeners will tune in and hear a completely different show.  How awesome would that be?  If Noory's big "2012 special", ten years in the making, was preempted when the show is canned and replaced with something else. 

I'd vent about how bad snoory has driven c2c into the ground, but everyone here's has already said it more succinctly that I ever could.  It's why I frequent this wonderful thread.  But seriously, about "the simple one"... who states on the air that they plan to "go out on the air".  Surely a few here remember that morbid statement, about how he envisions Tommy cueing him while coming out of a break, only to find him dead.  Gross.  I remember hearing that and thinking it was a bit weird, however, in the context of a man who hates his life and wants to die, it makes perfect sense. 

LacyWoodrow

Quote from: Kaiborg on November 09, 2012, 04:52:27 PM
I think we're on to something here... my "prediction" for Dec. 21st, 2012 is that this will be the date that Prem-rat unceremoniously hands sNoory a pink slip, and tells him he won't be going on tonight, or ever again.  And then, on that magical evening, with zero warning, us listeners will tune in and hear a completely different show.  How awesome would that be?  If Noory's big "2012 special", ten years in the making, was preempted when the show is canned and replaced with something else. 

I'd vent about how bad snoory has driven c2c into the ground, but everyone here's has already said it more succinctly that I ever could.  It's why I frequent this wonderful thread.  But seriously, about "the simple one"... who states on the air that they plan to "go out on the air".  Surely a few here remember that morbid statement, about how he envisions Tommy cueing him while coming out of a break, only to find him dead.  Gross.  I remember hearing that and thinking it was a bit weird, however, in the context of a man who hates his life and wants to die, it makes perfect sense.
I hope you're right. Ground Zero comes in poorly on my radio. It's like an annoying traditional mexican radio station that always seems to cross over in when the topic gets good.
I think I can find 3 good C2C stations and the rest or boring sports radio. :(

Morgus

Quote from: Kaiborg on November 09, 2012, 04:52:27 PM
I think we're on to something here... my "prediction" for Dec. 21st, 2012 is that this will be the date that Prem-rat unceremoniously hands sNoory a pink slip, and tells him he won't be going on tonight, or ever again.  And then, on that magical evening, with zero warning, us listeners will tune in and hear a completely different show.  How awesome would that be? 
that date would be ironic, since that was Noory's original planned retirement date he picked when he took over as c2c main host almost ten years ago.
unfortunately he changed his mind after a couple years when he still had the job...  :P

Eddie Coyle

Dec 21, 2012 is a Friday. Which is the universal "pink slip" day, without a goodbye to the listeners. He gets called into an office and gets two in the hat and our long national nightmare is over. An early Christmas.