• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Dyna-X

Quote from: PaulAtreides on February 02, 2017, 04:22:15 PM
Hoagy has been gone longer than the standard recovery time for the surgical removal of ruptured anal cysts.  Must be something else.

Dentures? From those who have got them that have public appearances or radio shows it takes some practice to talk without smacks and whistle sounds. If that is the case its not really his fault...aging is aging.  Not to mention costs as much as a new car.

Dyna-X

Life can be an intertwining of all types of causes and effects its seldom just one thing. I strongly doubt that it is any malfeasance or idleness on RCH's part.  He did write a book.   How many harsh critics have got so much as one instance of their name in the Library of Congress?

I don't take all his theories as gospel or scientific fact, but on the other hand you can't think Mars is simply a sea of paredolic illusions or that our history as a species is as banal as a mainstream textbook. He was bringing very worthwhile discussions to the table.

Third star on the left...consider carefully to what stars you hitch to. I would sooner listen to someone that was a bit of a dreamer that had Star Trek visions of our future than someone that recites what we hear daily and in every classroom ad nauseum. And if I contributed the last few months to a denture fund or book sabbatical or getting back on the air in some way, then so be it. Look at all the joy he brought us every night in the 15 or so months he was on the air.  Hey you know early March will be about 19.5 months from the first show date. Or maybe February 19th. Or we will get an announcement at 1930 GMT.  I really think he still has a spectacular return in mind whatever circumstances permitting.

expat

Quote from: Dyna-X on February 02, 2017, 06:05:26 PM
Life can be an intertwining of all types of causes and effects its seldom just one thing. I strongly doubt that it is any malfeasance or idleness on RCH's part.  He did write a book.   How many harsh critics have got so much as one instance of their name in the Library of Congress?

Well, me for one. I have twice as many published titles as RCH does, in fact.

Dyna-X

Quote from: expat on February 02, 2017, 06:08:22 PM
Well, me for one. I have twice as many published titles as RCH does, in fact.

And I have recognized some of your points as credible. Take for instance an assertion that RCH suggested NASA uses astrology to determine launch dates. Anyone who has been involved with a space launch knows the engineering issues, weather, budgets and the rest really are the sole drivers of this. The amount of rescheduled launches or payloads that died on the vine between the drawing board and launch day are staggering.

I've just wondered expat, why Hoagland? Clark McClelland spews enough bull to fill a bucket - 8 foot aliens in the payload bay and surprisingly he really was a Shuttle SCO or at least in training to be one when the United Space Alliance contract consolidation was likely what got him the boot.

Or what about the more serious mental damage inflicted by the Apollo was a Hoax folks or flat/concave/hollow earthers. I'll take them on anytime.

Even the odd assertions of Phil Schneider pushing stewing puke about the secret shuttle missions (aka STS-51C, 51J, 27, 28, 33, 36, 38) being filled with gold from asteroids? (nobody wants to point out real things like SDS-B, DSCS-III, Lacrosse, Prowler) Even Ted Molczan is fudging things to a degree.

There is strong evidence Apollo 12 had a standup EVA - though those presenting the best evidence contaminate their own premise by co-mingling the ideas with UFOs when the reality is simple - probably had to do with the sensitive nature of the accuracy of Apollo's guidance capabilities or that used on certain rockets like the Titan II used on Gemini.

I'm just saying there are plenty of things to debunk and explore out there.

trostol

probably cause ya know..this is the RCH thread who..has no actual science background..who has been pretty much redhandedly caught being a con artist..a guy who thinks he knows something about everything and is more than not..wrong on everything

we can turn it around and ask..why are you defending him so much lol

WOTR

Quote from: Dyna-X on February 02, 2017, 10:33:11 AM
I  buy most everything but food, toilet paper and batteries  online or out of thrift stores.
A few days back I wandered through a thrift store and was a little surprised after browsing the racks of coats to run dead smack into used underwear.  I suppose that your short list of things not purchased at the thrift store could hold true.  ;)

Dyna-X

Quote from: WOTR on February 02, 2017, 06:54:54 PM
A few days back I wandered through a thrift store and was a little surprised after browsing the racks of coats to run dead smack into used underwear.  I suppose that your short list of things not purchased at the thrift store could hold true.  ;)
New at Target. Just didn't want to air my dirty laundry on Bellgab, although that might become a new pastime of some. Shoes are another thing that seem to be too gross to buy at a thrift store. Online for those. LOL

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on February 02, 2017, 06:55:19 PM
Cheers, expat

Can I get a link to when you did the anti-grav? Asking for a friend being held at a black site.

Dyna-X

Quote from: trostol on February 02, 2017, 06:54:17 PM
probably cause ya know..this is the RCH thread who..has no actual science background..who has been pretty much redhandedly caught being a con artist..a guy who thinks he knows something about everything and is more than not..wrong on everything

we can turn it around and ask..why are you defending him so much lol

Fair enough. I like his "radio" ambiance and guest selections. (J.P. Farrell, for instance) And while he might not have degrees, I can recognize by how he formulates arguments and knows various facts that he is not a dullard.  I have heard more intellectual conversations at the pub than some of these shows out there that claim to explore the unknown.

I know and have experienced enough to be certain that the world is not what it seems.  Scuttlebutt and rumours are rampant in certain agencies including NASA, the Department of Energy, certain military and intelligence circles about things that are every bit as odd as what has been discussed on OSOM. Doesn't mean that much (if any) of it is true, but why does it exist at all?  Some sightings are so odd and real that even MUFON won't publish them.  I have seen lights in the sky myself that seemed to at times during the sighting be tetrahedral and spinning. Were they aliens? I'd be a flipping fool to say that. I don't know what they were. Maybe they are some kind of advanced drone. There is a real possibility that we are in a simulated universe. Is it like RCH's? Who knows, I just know its not the materialistic textbooks explanation of reality, pure and simple. It explains 99% and then falls short.  On the other hand, new age has a great deal of Blavatskiyan crud and Space Brothers woo that discredit the nuggets.  The truth is out there and rarely if ever spoken and somewhere in the middle.  Maybe his theorem about the tetrahedral universe is analgous to Edison developing the light bulb. Failures are experienced on any road to refinement of a theory. Its going to take some creativity to finally iron this all out, if that is possible in this life. 
  The Em drive is discussed on OSOM, whether it proves real or not - or more aptly practical or not is talked about with some seriousness in forums with real scientists an engineers.  We need better than rockets to truly master space. I could go on.

Ciardelo

I like Hoaxy's showmanship. I like the crazy guests the best. But I never did believe, even way back when he was on Art's show, that calling the 1-800 number for Old Navy was anything but calling a clothing store, or that $19.50 garments were anything but a piece of clothing 4 bits under 2 sawbucks. (yeah I roll like that, screw you metric system!)

I also appreciate expat and astroguy because as much as I like science fiction, I like science fact better.

But since it looks like Hoaxy ain't making it back anytime soon, I may have some home repair questions that pop up :)

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X on February 02, 2017, 06:05:26 PM
...Third star on the left...consider carefully to what stars you hitch to. I would sooner listen to someone that was a bit of a dreamer that had Star Trek visions of our future than someone that recites what we hear daily and in every classroom ad nauseum....

I tend to agree on this Dyna.  I'm a strange combo - being both a dreamer and a cynic.  So on one hand I enjoyed RCH's plausible ideas as intriguing speculation; and on the other, his outlandish claims as entertaining goofiness.  Thus it really was a win/win for me most of the time.  :)

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on February 03, 2017, 01:54:50 AM
I tend to agree on this Dyna.  I'm a strange combo - being both a dreamer and a cynic.  So on one hand I enjoyed RCH's plausible ideas as intriguing speculation; and on the other, his outlandish claims as entertaining goofiness.  Thus it really was a win/win for me most of the time.  :)
Hey, Zeebo, wit Valentine's Day coming up soon, I though I'd offer some festive pics for your avatar consideration. ;) ;D

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on February 03, 2017, 02:06:03 AM
Hey, Zeebo, wit Valentine's Day coming up soon, I though I'd offer some festive pics for your avatar consideration. ;) ;D

Use the last one, zeebo. lol

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on February 03, 2017, 02:20:00 AM
Dammit who caught me doing my nude Tai Chi!

Tai Chi's a good choice, zeeb.

Kick boxing, no good.

Quote from: Zenman on February 03, 2017, 03:59:31 AM
Tai Chi's a good choice, zeeb.

Kick boxing, no good.

LOL, kickboxing. My son is doing some shit the Russian special forces are into. Fuck if I know what that shit is.

zeebo, that describes my feelings about Hoagie. too.  He has a sort of cockeyed energetic optimism (certainly about himself, if not the cosmos), that is endearing (when it's not being infuriating).

Ciardelo

I don't even know where to listen anymore...no, no, really, I'm fine, no need to tell me.  ;D

Unless he comes back live.  ;)

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on February 03, 2017, 11:08:13 AM
LOL, kickboxing. My son is doing some shit the Russian special forces are into. Fuck if I know what that shit is.
I'm pretty sure they incorporate some Pankration into their fighting style. Here's the man that brought the Art back to life in the States: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Arvanitis   

Quote from: Étouffée on February 03, 2017, 02:42:32 PM
zeebo, that describes my feelings about Hoagie. too.  He has a sort of cockeyed energetic optimism (certainly about himself, if not the cosmos), that is endearing (when it's not being infuriating).
+19.5

albrecht

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on February 03, 2017, 11:08:13 AM
Probably "Systema" or some variety of it.

Quote from: albrecht on February 03, 2017, 04:08:39 PM
Probably "Systema" or some variety of it.
http://www.systemaspetsnaz.com/
Quick search brought that up too.
There was a former Spetsnaz that came to the States and opened a studio out on the west coast too, but I'll be damned if I can remember the guys' name. His advanced techniques, for those  that showed promise, incorporated Telekinesis. That was some cool shit to watch.   

Dyna-X

Quote from: expat on February 03, 2017, 03:03:17 PM
*groan* Brandenburg replay tonight. I offer this as homework:
https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2016/05/yes-folks-its-xenon-isotope-show.html

In summary, the planetary scientists explain the Xenon 129's presence from the radioactive decay from an isotope of Iodine and dismiss the idea of a past nuclear (fission-fusion) explosion with the guideline of Occam's razor.

Contrasted with Brandenburg's airburst explosion claim (not entirely impossible purely from a standpoint of physics and presence of this isotope) adopted readily by Hoagland since this would explain what happened to the builders of ruins. Standard planetary science view is these are not ruins and they are all natural geologic features interpreted though the lens of paradolia and fantasy.

However, the crux of Brandenburg's argument is not that Xenon 129 is merely present, but that the ratio of Xenon 129 compared to the other isotopes match those in Earth's atmosphere post 1945. The second graph - Figure 5 in this paper shows the relative concentration of Xenon isotopes versus what is ostensibly an idealized fission-fusion reaction.
http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2015/pdf/2660.pdf

I have not seen any evidence that NASA ever hid or falsified the Xenon isotope data, nor has the AEC (now DOE) hid its data. The two plots may only be a sensitive area when associated to create a "negative public reaction" - which may be nothing more than the likelihood of nuclear scientists viewing NASA's isotope data in graphic form and suggesting what Brandenburg has. (even if the cause is not true) His associations with obvious new agey people, places, and concepts seems to discredit his original premise - but that is a strawman argument. I think that this new age contamination was induced by outside people (agents) or induced force of circumstance ("matrix") to discredit him, but that is a "slippery slope" and non-sequitor cheap opinion. I would need to know more about his personal life at or around the time he revealed this to see the patterns.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Dyna-X on February 03, 2017, 05:12:47 PM
In summary, the planetary scientists explain the Xenon 129's presence from the radioactive decay from an isotope of Iodine and dismiss the idea of a past nuclear (fission-fusion) explosion with the guideline of Occam's razor.

Contrasted with Brandenburg's airburst explosion claim (not entirely impossible purely from a standpoint of physics and presence of this isotope) adopted readily by Hoagland since this would explain what happened to the builders of ruins. Standard planetary science view is these are not ruins and they are all natural geologic features interpreted though the lens of paradolia and fantasy.

However, the crux of Brandenburg's argument is not that Xenon 129 is merely present, but that the ratio of Xenon 129 compared to the other isotopes match those in Earth's atmosphere post 1945. The second graph - Figure 5 in this paper shows the relative concentration of Xenon isotopes versus what is ostensibly an idealized fission-fusion reaction.
http://www.hou.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2015/pdf/2660.pdf

I have not seen any evidence that NASA ever hid or falsified the Xenon isotope data, nor has the AEC (now DOE) hid its data. The two plots may only be a sensitive area when associated to create a "negative public reaction" - which may be nothing more than the likelihood of nuclear scientists viewing NASA's isotope data in graphic form and suggesting what Brandenburg has. (even if the cause is not true) His associations with obvious new agey people, places, and concepts seems to discredit his original premise - but that is a strawman argument. I think that this new age contamination was induced by outside people (agents) or induced force of circumstance ("matrix") to discredit him, but that is a "slippery slope" and non-sequitor cheap opinion. I would need to know more about his personal life at or around the time he revealed this to see the patterns.

OMFG Dyna-X! This is BELLGAB! TL;DR!