• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The WOTR (self appointed life coach) advice thread.

Started by Jojo, July 03, 2019, 09:10:56 PM

Jojo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 03, 2019, 09:12:24 PM
Praise WOTR
Praise WOTR for inventing a new type of Lifestraw!  Best drink in the house!

artbell_ghost

but this thread doesn’t

chefist

WOTR doesn't suck...but he doesn't excel either...not like CE.  :)

Jojo

Quote from: artbell_ghost on July 03, 2019, 10:02:19 PM
but this thread doesn’t
He has made it!  His own suckage thread... Now he can get all his "hate" mail in one place!

WOTR

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 03, 2019, 09:12:24 PM
Praise WOTR

Finally! my own thread. I feel as though I have accomplished all that there is in life now. It's all downhill from here.  :'(

I'm going to guess that this is because I dared to tell somebody that you cannot be late for a job interview and still feel entitled to that interview and job. The truth hurts when you still have not learned basic life lessons that even Senda has mastered after you have spent decades on this earth.

This potential manager dodged a bullet and likely does not even realize how fortunate he / she is...  :)

WOTR

I suppose this is the thanks that I get for continuing to serve in my futile, unprofitable role as Bellgabs official self-appointed life coachâ,,¢.  :'(

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on July 04, 2019, 12:08:08 AM
I suppose this is the thanks that I get for continuing to serve in my futile, unprofitable role as Bellgabs official self-appointed life coachâ,,¢.  :'(

While I believe you are correct and you will not win many friends in your position, I can at least congratulate you on making the right enemies.

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on July 03, 2019, 11:59:40 PM
Finally! my own thread. I feel as though I have accomplished all that there is in life now. It's all downhill from here.  :'(

I'm going to guess that this is because I dared to tell somebody that you cannot be late for a job interview and still feel entitled to that interview and job. The truth hurts when you still have not learned basic life lessons that even Senda has mastered after you have spent decades on this earth.

This potential manager dodged a bullet and likely does not even realize how fortunate he / she is...  :)
You are wrong to insult me.  And you are putting words in my mouth.  The only thing I felt entitled to was to be treated with a modicum of respect, especially since I had been courteous inasmuch as possible.  There are ways to abort an interview without being obnoxious and without causing loud, public embarassment.

AZZERAE

Someone's on the rag.

Take a chill pill, sis!

Jojo

Quote from: AZRAA on July 04, 2019, 12:27:07 AM
Someone's on the rag.

Take a chill pill, sis!
He reminds of someone I knew who decided to start an argument while I was burying a beloved pet.  There is a time and place for everything.  Some things like burying a beloved pet, or letting go of a toxic resentment, should be revered, not inflamed and portrayed incorrectly.

WOTR

Quote from: Sixteen on July 04, 2019, 12:24:28 AM
You are wrong to insult me.  And you are putting words in my mouth.  The only thing I felt entitled to was to be treated with a modicum of respect, especially since I had been courteous inasmuch as possible.  There are ways to abort an interview without being obnoxious and without causing loud, public embarassment.
Well, let's see here. I did allow that
Quote from: WOTR on July 03, 2019, 02:09:24 AM
If the person was rude about it, I would fault them...

I was unaware that not being given the opportunity to work for a manager who you obviously dislike and who would have made your life shit for the next year was the equivalent of mourning a death.

Please don't worry. I will not harbour toxic resentment towards you for doing exactly what that manager did "being obnoxious and causing me loud, public embarrassment" by starting a sucks thread.  :'(

As a matter of fact, the handbook for official self-appointed life coach's directly forbids me from holding any grudge that would demand to be revered. It explicitly warns that such behaviour is to be expected when the subject feels threatened and is forced to even briefly comprehend the truth.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Sixteen on July 04, 2019, 12:41:53 AM
There is a time and place for everything.

Sometimes its good to just embrace a difference of opinion.

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on July 04, 2019, 12:08:08 AM
That's actually a straw?  :o  Think of the sea life you're putting at risk. Reported.

Yorkshire pud

An opportunity for WOTR to delve down and unlock those demons within, to help, nurture and strengthen all Bellgabbers, improving their pitiful lives and gaining fulfillment.

Question for WOTR: I have a friend who thinks he may have inadvertently hurt a small lime tree in his back yard.  Either by under/over watering, too much sun/not enough sun, not the correct feed etc. How does WOTR think it could be revived?

SredniVashtar

Dear WOTR. How much is too much? My extremely tiresome and annoying neighbours are planning on moving and I am in the process of fucking with them as much as possible. Does this make me a bad man?

K_Dubb

Dear WOTR, if I secretly prefer -- but do not use -- the term "holiday" in lieu of "vacation" (which has always had a whiff of digestion about it to me), is my loyalty suspect?

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on July 04, 2019, 08:07:51 AMI have a friend who thinks he may have inadvertently hurt a small lime tree in his back yard.
Stereotypically, this just cracks me up.    ;D

Dear WOTR:
Two dedicated threads in just as many days.

DUDE: You're A Rock Star !   

;)

WOTR

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on July 04, 2019, 09:56:22 AM
Dear WOTR:
Two dedicated threads in just as many days.

DUDE: You're A Rock Star !   

;)

Thank-you, all. I don't believe that even Falkie enjoyed this level of popularity. It makes the last decade of pro bono work completely worth it (even if I still do not have an air conditioner to show for it.) Come to think of it, why can so many Bellgabbers get donated air conditioning, and I cannot seem to raise more than $20 in pledges ($70 if I post some foot fetish pictures)  :(

YP: The best solution for the lime tree is prayer. That will solve too much or little water, sun, feeding or disease.

SV: Screwing with your neighbours does not make you a bad man... However, posting on this board might be an indicator.

KDub: How can your loyalty be suspect when you are sporting that shirt?

azraa: Don't dox me, man.  ;)

16: No hard feelings. As I mentioned before, the handbook forbids my holding a grudge for the wrongs you have committed. Good to see that you following my advice and finding a creative outlet for that pent up rage. I really want a piranha in a gas mask (if your taking requests.)  I also still strongly recommend a youtube channel.

Jojo

Quote from: AZRAA on July 04, 2019, 04:22:52 AM
Sometimes its good to just embrace a difference of opinion.
The issue was respect, not intellectual freedom.

Having your own WOTR Does Suck thread is an honor and a priviledge.  You'll go faaaaar!

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on July 04, 2019, 01:06:23 AM
Well, let's see here. I did allow that    >>>YOU DON'T "GET" TO ALLOW FOR HER BEING RUDE BECAUSE I ALREADY DECLARED IT.  You may agree, you may disagree, but you may not try to make it your own suggestion and furthermore you most certainly will not draw dubiousness into the veracity of it.  If you think about anything of this tonight, think about that last clause there.

I was unaware that not being given the opportunity to work for a manager who you obviously dislike and who would have made your life shit for the next year was the equivalent of mourning a death.     >>>THE ISSUE WAS ONE OF LETTING GO OF TOXIC RESENTMENT SO DON'T PUT YOUR BOOGERS ON THE PEW WHILE I'M DOING IT.

Please don't worry. I will not harbour toxic resentment towards you for doing exactly what that manager did "being obnoxious and causing me loud, public embarrassment" by starting a sucks thread.  :'(     >>>THIS THREAD IS YOUR HONOR AND PRIVILEDGE.  :-*D 

As a matter of fact, the handbook for official self-appointed life coach's directly forbids me from holding any grudge that would demand to be revered. It explicitly warns that such behaviour is to be expected when the subject feels threatened and is forced to even briefly comprehend the truth.   >>>THE POST WASN'T ABOUT YOU NOR YOUR HORSE SO TALL.

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on July 03, 2019, 02:09:24 AM
I actually do interviews. I will be honest with you. If somebody were to call and say they were going to be late due to a medical emergency, it had better be from the back of an ambulance... I don't care if you are in your 20's, 50's or 80's.
>>>I never said it was an emergency.

...Telling you that there is no sense in wasting your time or theirs on an interview when they have no intention of hiring you? Well- that is what I would be doing.*
>>>If I said that, which it doesn't look like I did, but if I did it was not completely descriptive, because she was a lot more insulting than that.

*I get that a call center may not have the same need for "on time" employees. But if that was a core value of the supervisor... Well- there will be other jobs...
>>>Being on time is my value too.

Jojo

Dear Coach WOTR:
What are your thoughts on anal bleaching?
Sincerely,
Sunshine

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on July 04, 2019, 06:40:49 PM
Thank-you, all. I don't believe that even Falkie enjoyed this level of popularity. It makes the last decade of pro bono work completely worth it (even if I still do not have an air conditioner to show for it.) Come to think of it, why can so many Bellgabbers get donated air conditioning, and I cannot seem to raise more than $20 in pledges ($70 if I post some foot fetish pictures)  :(

YP: The best solution for the lime tree is prayer. That will solve too much or little water, sun, feeding or disease.

SV: Screwing with your neighbours does not make you a bad man... However, posting on this board might be an indicator.

KDub: How can your loyalty be suspect when you are sporting that shirt?

azraa: Don't dox me, man.  ;)

16: No hard feelings. As I mentioned before, the handbook forbids my holding a grudge for the wrongs you have committed. Good to see that you following my advice and finding a creative outlet for that pent up rage. I really want a piranha in a gas mask (if your taking requests.)  I also still strongly recommend a youtube channel.
Please refrain from using the word "hard" around me.  It's about time you had some SHAME!

Jojo

Quote from: WOTR on July 04, 2019, 01:06:23 AM
... the handbook for official self-appointed life coach's directly forbids me from holding any grudge that would demand to be revered...
NOT reverent toward the grudge.  Reverent of the letting-go process.  Again, you insult me.  Let me know when you wake up to your insidious, occluded insults.