President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Jackstar

Quote from: VtaGeezer on January 21, 2016, 09:31:22 PM
as sound a Huff Post poll with Cruz.

poll final results

1,000,000 respondents. How many shills?

Zoo

This is why I fucking love Trump. Dear Fox New go fuck yourselves and you little ass debate. Trump OUT!

Love a man you sats some gangster shit like that Trump 2016!!1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjXhNQustFQ

Sheriff Joe endorses Trump
Trump wont attend next FOX debate because "Fox is trying to play games with me".

MV/Liberace!

I'm watching Cruz et. al piling on in the wake of Trump's FNC debate cancellation.  One after the other, they're appearing on Fox to denounce the move.  But that's not what's interesting.  What's interesting is the fact that the Trump campaign knows what the opposition response to this will be; "It shows weakaness... this is a job interview and he should answer questions... blah blah blah."  Yet, knowing that, the decision was made. 

There is definitely a strategic calculation behind Trump bowing out.  It's going to take some time to fully understand what that calculation was and to evaluate how effective it was for Trump or against his opponents. 

I think Cruz might be falling into a trap.  Cruz is on TV at this very moment looking like a marionette puppet, doing exactly what Trump clearly knows and expects he'll do.  I just think there's a trick up Trump's sleeve here.  We'll see.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on January 26, 2016, 09:24:06 PM
I'm watching Cruz et. al piling on in the wake of Trump's FNC debate cancellation.  One after the other, they're appearing on Fox to denounce the move.  But that's not what's interesting.  What's interesting is the fact that the Trump campaign knows what the opposition response to this will be; "It shows weakaness... this is a job interview and he should answer questions... blah blah blah."  Yet, knowing that, the decision was made. 

There is definitely a strategic calculation behind Trump bowing out.  It's going to take some time to fully understand what that calculation was and to evaluate how effective it was for Trump or against his opponents. 

I think Cruz might be falling into a trap.  Cruz is on TV at this very moment looking like a marionette puppet, doing exactly what Trump clearly knows and expects he'll do.  I just think there's a trick up Trump's sleeve here.  We'll see.

More importantly, what does Falkie think?

Jackstar

I think Cruz might be falling into a trap.  Cruz is on TV at this very moment looking like a marionette puppet, doing exactly what Trump clearly knows and expects he'll do.

I think he is an actual puppet for Trump. I don't see any evidence to the contrary.

Why run one campaign, when one can run two campaigns at twice the price?

Quote from: MV on January 26, 2016, 09:24:06 PMI just think there's a trick up Trump's sleeve here.  We'll see.

Without Trump the debate will return to the usual boring cuckservative catfight level.
People will realize how boring the other candidates actually are and more will flock to Trump.
It's a strategic psychological move.
People will miss him, and Fox ratings will go down, which also weakens Megyn Kelly.

littlechris

Quote from: Jackstar on January 26, 2016, 09:34:00 PM
I think he is an actual puppet for Trump. I don't see any evidence to the contrary.

Yes. He wants to be Trump's Vice President.

littlechris

Yes. He doesn't want to take any chances with Iowa so close. We know Fox would try to stump him and rile him up right before Iowa in order to hurt his chances there. Smart move.  Besides, Megyn Kelly is a bitch.

VtaGeezer

Pres campaign debate ratings have historically been so low they were more like freeby PSAs.  Since Trump, the debate ratings are thru the roof and the cable nets have raked in the dough.  I think Trump wants a piece of the action and is waiting for Ailes to call so he can make him an offer he can't refuse.

Faustina

Very unimpressed that Trump is skipping the next Republican Debate just coz he doesn't like Megyn Kelly.  It makes him look petulant and wussy -- like he's afraid of being put on the spot by her over his "treatment of women," etc.

Mark my words:  this will hurt him.  I suspect he'll start slipping in the polls from here on out.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Faustina on January 26, 2016, 10:12:00 PM
Very unimpressed that Trump is skipping the next Republican Debate just coz he doesn't like Megyn Kelly.  It makes him look petulant and wussy -- like he's afraid of being put on the spot by her over his "treatment of women," etc.

Mark my words:  this will hurt him.  I suspect he'll start slipping in the polls from here on out.

Words are marked. You can have them back when he wins the nomination.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Black Lives Matter on January 26, 2016, 09:55:43 PM
Without Trump the debate will return to the usual boring cuckservative catfight level.
People will realize how boring the other candidates actually are and more will flock to Trump.
It's a strategic psychological move.
People will miss him, and Fox ratings will go down, which also weakens Megyn Kelly.

a reasonable breakdown.

One simple reason why Trump has withdrawn from the debate: Megyn Kelly.

Trump has finally run into somebody that is tougher and smarter than he. And it just happens to be a stunningly beautiful, classy woman.Trump can't handle her, so he quits.  Whether it affects his campaign or not, is anybody's guess at this point.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: littlechris on January 26, 2016, 10:04:15 PM
Yes. He doesn't want to take any chances with Iowa so close. We know Fox would try to stump him and rile him up right before Iowa in order to hurt his chances there. Smart move.  Besides, Megyn Kelly is a bitch.

i've never liked megyn kelly.  my dislike long predates her dust up with my preferred candidate.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Faustina on January 26, 2016, 10:12:00 PM

nah, i think this analysis is far too surface.  there's more going on here.

Claudius

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 26, 2016, 10:14:38 PM

Trump has finally run into somebody that is tougher and smarter than he. And it just happens to be a stunningly beautiful, classy woman.Trump can't handle her, so he quits.  Whether it affects his campaign or not, is anybody's guess at this point.
I think that is part of it, but it is also just playing up to his base of uneducated, uninformed supporters. He doesn't like to look weak at all, and going up against her would certainly make him look weak.

chefist

Quote from: MV on January 26, 2016, 10:14:55 PM
i've never liked megyn kelly.  my dislike long predates her dust up with my preferred candidate.

He wins either way...bow out and make Fox look bad (all other networks eat that up!)....stay and fight (draw double the audience)..he's playing it all smart...

Faustina

Cruz has now invited Trump to a 90-minute one-on-one debate. 

littlechris

Fox has clearly shown themselves to be anti-Trump over the last many months. Why would Trump let them try to trip him up in a debate so close to Iowa??  Megyn or not, Fox wants to use the debate to create ant-trump controversy going into Iowa in order to hurt his chances.  Besides, Trump is so far ahead that he doesn't need to do a debate. It's a wrap.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 26, 2016, 10:14:38 PM

Some blonde bimbo talking head, who is only on TV due to her looks is tougher and smarter than someone who graduated from Whartons's, and created a vast successful business empire?

HAHAHHAHAHAHA.

Damn you are fucking stupid.

Claudius

Quote from: Faustina on January 26, 2016, 10:24:04 PM
Cruz has now invited Trump to a 90-minute one-on-one debate.

If it is an actual debate, not these stupid moderated affairs, it will be pretty good.
I have my doubts Trump will accept.

Can we just get this guy back:

Quote from: Claudius on January 26, 2016, 10:16:43 PM
I think that is part of it, but it is also just playing up to his base of uneducated, uninformed supporters. He doesn't like to look weak at all, and going up against her would certainly make him look weak.

Of course. He can't handle a strong, intelligent, confident, beautiful woman whom, incidentally, is not the slightest bit intimidated by Mr Trump. That's new territory for the Donald and he wants none of it. He'll come across as crass, buffoonish and that could definitely hurt him more than bowing out of the debate.

Faustina

Quote from: MV on January 26, 2016, 10:15:53 PM
nah, i think this analysis is far too surface.  there's more going on here.

It may be surface, but a lot of Americans are going to think just this way.  It makes it look like Trump is afraid of being put on the spot by Megyn Kelly.  That Fox "isn't playing fair" with him, so he's just going to take his toys and his ratings and go home.

Claudius

Quote from: littlechris on January 26, 2016, 10:24:23 PM
Fox has clearly shown themselves to be anti Trump over the last many months. Why would Trump let them try to trip him up in a debate so close to Iowa?? Besides, Trump is so far ahead that he doesn't need to do a debate. It's a wrap.
Most thinking people are Anti-Trump. Even if you may disagree with Fox News there are some smart people there who can see right through Trump.

Why would Megyn Kelly scare Trump? Here's how that debate would go.

Megyn: Mr. Trump your treatment of women is deplorable.
Trump: LOL

Megyn: Blah blah blah blah past history

Megyn: Blah blah blah blah blah

Next day both create the narrative they want in the public.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Claudius on January 26, 2016, 10:27:29 PM
Most thinking people are Anti-Trump. Even if you may disagree with Fox News there are some smart people there who can see right through Trump.

You're fired!

littlechris

Quote from: Claudius on January 26, 2016, 10:27:29 PM

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. Just saying it how I see it.  Are you saying that Trump is boycotting the debate because he is intimidated by Megyn Kelly?

Claudius

Quote from: littlechris on January 26, 2016, 10:30:32 PM
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing. Just saying it how I see it.  Are you saying that Trump is boycotting the debate because he is intimidated by Megyn Kelly?
I doubt he is intimidated by her, he just doesn't want to put in the spotlight with embarrassing questions.

You have to admit though, unlike most people who go up against Trump she does not back down and does not cower in front of him, which is a nice change.