• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Linda Moulton Howe

Started by puddintame, December 18, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

fysisist

Agreed, at least she brings some substance to back up her reports.  However, I think she lost any real objectivity many years ago.  But anything is better than listening to Jorch and some other poser engaging in 3 hours of mutual masturbation. 

b_dubb

she does real work. her presentation is crap though. one of the problems I have with her "style" is how she changes people's testimony during the interview by sensationalizing someone's description and then asking the witness to agree. That's leading and not good journalism

JohnnieB

Quote from: fysisist on January 11, 2012, 05:49:48 PM
Agreed, at least she brings some substance to back up her reports.  However, I think she lost any real objectivity many years ago.  But anything is better than listening to Jorch and some other poser engaging in 3 hours of mutual masturbation. 

By the way, fysisist, kudos to your I.D. pic...I'm a sucker for both Ed Grimley and the great vintage Canadian comedy series, SCTV! Gotta watch me some Edith Prickley.

b_dubb, agreed. She does have a tendency to sway the content to her mind-set, and yes, that irks me.

Jasmine

I suppose I'm also on the fence with this broad. True, as others have mentioned, her research is extensive and comprehensive, but I think for me it's mostly in her irritating delivery, which quite frankly sucks mutilated cow balls.

fysisist

Quote from: JohnnieB on January 11, 2012, 06:42:52 PM
By the way, fysisist, kudos to your I.D. pic...I'm a sucker for both Ed Grimley and the great vintage Canadian comedy series, SCTV! Gotta watch me some Edith Prickley.

haha.... yeah I even covet the Ed Grimley cartoon, I must say...  (The Completely Mental Misadventures of Ed Grimley) that was on for I think only one season.... so sad.   

b_dubb

Martin Short is a bit of a genius when he's on.  the movie "Clifford" was hysterical during the first hour and then went off mark.  but overall a funny funny movie

b_dubb

watching Fact Or Faked. They are testing one of the theories about cattle mutilations is that the surgical-like cuts are caused by bloating from gases created during decomposition. The innards blow up like balloons and cause the hide to tear. Cattle mutilations: explained (natural causes).

Sorry Linda. Looks like the cash cow you've been milking has bit the dust

Morgus

Linda Howe is the guest on Whitley Strieber's weekly Dreamland podcast show coming out this weekend.
They have a recent photo of Linda under the description of that show at Whitley's website:

b_dubb

Debating whether to start a Animal Mutilation thread. The Fact Or Faked episode investigation made a persuasive case for the incisions being a result of the skin tearing as the cow decomposes and gases build up. But that doesn't explain the disappearance of blood and organs. I suppose insects might explain this but not sure.
The idea that the government is using these cattle for research is absurd. They could just keep their own herd of cattle and wouldn't need to steal cows from ranchers.

margoloo

Am I the only one wanting to scream when LMH gives a report? She is so ponderous.  Everything is belted out in a latest breaking news fashion.  She cannot speak off the cuff and has a strange idea of what a reporter should sound like.  I think she is heart felt, but she needs to be more spontaneous in her delivery.  I cringe every time I listen to her. Lighten up Linda.

martinjsxx

Yes LMH is tough to take. Her phone interviews sounds like she is reading off of a script.

preston

Quote from: Morgus on February 29, 2012, 08:30:56 PM
Linda Howe is the guest on Whitley Strieber's weekly Dreamland podcast show coming out this weekend.
They have a recent photo of Linda under the description of that show at Whitley's website:

I just noticed that her photo looks almost like the morgus avatar.

b_dubb

Quote from: preston on March 19, 2012, 06:56:16 PM
I just noticed that her photo looks almost like the morgus avatar.
brutal

Ruteger

Aaargh~! Not sure why you all hate her so much! Why? She is a very nice person.  She speaks with intelligence, and I find her interviews very interesting! Okay, you post pics of her 30 years after her pageant pics, but guess what? We all get old. I want see you look like  at 18 and after that, 38, 48 or 58.

15[/size]As for man, his days are like grass,[/font]
[/size]he flourishes like a flower of the field;
[/size]16[/size]the wind blows over it and it is gone,[/font]
[/size]and its place remembers it no more.

Quote from: Ruteger on March 23, 2012, 04:45:50 PM
Aaargh~! Not sure why you all hate her so much! Why? She is a very nice person.  She speaks with intelligence, and I find her interviews very interesting! Okay, you post pics of her 30 years after her pageant pics, but guess what? We all get old. I want see you look like  at 18 and after that, 38, 48 or 58.

15As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.

I'm on your side buddy.

PChirp

Quote from: Jasmine on January 12, 2012, 09:04:21 AM
I suppose I'm also on the fence with this broad. True, as others have mentioned, her research is extensive and comprehensive, but I think for me it's mostly in her irritating delivery, which quite frankly sucks mutilated cow balls.

On the fence as well, HOWEVER, it's all in her delivery.  The written word is one thing but radio is NOT her gig--she sucks.  Monotone, scripted, annoying and that "quote"/"close quote" verbalization bullshit is beyond nerve grating.

Ruteger

Gotta disagree. The "close quote" thing does not bother me.  She is just trying to be accurate and professional - give it a rest! Save your scorn for those that truly deserve it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: PurpleChirple on March 25, 2012, 01:54:20 AM

On the fence as well, HOWEVER, it's all in her delivery.  The written word is one thing but radio is NOT her gig--she sucks.  Monotone, scripted, annoying and that "quote"/"close quote" verbalization bullshit is beyond nerve grating.

McPhallus

I agree.  It's not her or how she looks, it's just that her delivery is pedantic and lacks any creativity or improvisation.  Her enthusiasm seems to be limited to acquiring facts and data without making any conclusions or humanizing anything.

Quote from: McPhallus on March 26, 2012, 06:59:34 PM

I agree.  It's not her or how she looks, it's just that her delivery is pedantic and lacks any creativity or improvisation.  Her enthusiasm seems to be limited to acquiring facts and data without making any conclusions or humanizing anything.

see reply #66

b_dubb

texaskdog ... you're scaring me

analog kid

This might've already been covered, but she recently did conference circuit around the world, and her presentation was about the drones. She thinks the photos are real.

McPhallus

Quote from: guildnavigator on March 26, 2012, 08:09:36 PM

see reply #66

She's probably, like, shit in bed.

(I bet no one gets that reference.)

aldousburbank

Quote from: McPhallus on March 27, 2012, 03:49:44 PM
She's probably, like, shit in bed.
She starts reading from the script as she undresses.

b_dubb

Quote from: analog kid on March 27, 2012, 12:04:21 PM
This might've already been covered, but she recently did conference circuit around the world, and her presentation was about the drones. She thinks the photos are real.
the fact she insists on treating these photos as evidence just proves that she's lost it

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on March 27, 2012, 07:26:38 PM
the fact she insists on treating these photos as evidence just proves that she's lost it
Oh my gosh. Poor lady. She's gotta eat.... it's ok. Noory is the bigger problem.

Morgus

Linda Howe's monthly visit is tonight along with a first hour guest on UFO anti-gravity propulsion - sounds like Bob Lazar's anti-gravity via element 115 used in the "sports model" saucer craft at Area 51/S4?

Ruteger

Ms. Howe was a guest last nite. She did a great job. Professional, intelligent and courteous. Of course, the Nooron could only express his usual dull, un-informative comments that added nothing to the topic.

I vote Linda Howe for C2C Host!