• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Taaroa

QuoteOn October 16, 2018, Popular Mechanics published a deeply weird tribute to mercurial industrialist Elon Musk, in which a carefully-curated group of technology journalists and Musk’s fellow rich people praised him for trying, regardless of what he was trying to do, whether or not he succeeded, or the methods he used to pursue his goals. One writer compared him at length to Mark Twain!

https://slate.com/culture/2018/10/elon-musk-popular-mechanics-defense-soylent-green.html

I recommend giving the original Popular Mechanics article a read.

Metron2267

Quote from: Taaroa on October 21, 2018, 05:18:50 AM
https://slate.com/culture/2018/10/elon-musk-popular-mechanics-defense-soylent-green.html

I recommend giving the original Popular Mechanics article a read.

They've gone batshit crazy with weightless adulation:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/space/rockets/a23508636/defense-of-elon-musk/

My favorite Elon Musk idea is the one about going underground. The tunnels. The hyperloop. The creation of low-pressure tubes carrying trainloads of commuters at speeds approaching 760 mph. Tunnels running the length of the West Coast, from New York to Washington, beneath the 405 in central Los Angeles.

To be honest, I don’t much care about the economic effect, or even the environmental impact. I just want to try. I love a tunnel. The weight, the shape, the darkness, the mystery of its engineering. I have never entered a single traffic tunnel when I wasn’t aware that once upon a time human beings set out to do what must have seemed impossible to the hundreds of generations that preceded. They moved heaven and earth to make a way forward. Downward. Into the land. And Musk proposes that we do it now, but on a scale never before attempted, using a transportation technology previously featured primarily in steampunk fiction.

We should do this, he said of the hyperloop and its tunnels. And then, in a real Mark Twain moment, Elon Musk, in the fashion of Tom Sawyer when whitewashing the fence, open-sourced the hyperloop project, and challenged the works, essentially tricking his friends into picking up the paintbrush. It is trundling forward, too. Meanwhile, said Elon Musk, let’s go to Mars!

And we will.

ItsOver

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 22, 2018, 07:06:30 AM
i wish they would stop committing 50% of the violent crime.
They need stop hanging in the hood.

ItsOver

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 22, 2018, 07:14:22 AM
muh 400 years of slavery.
I need to sue the Feds for my ancestors being assaulted by the Vikings.  Those bastards owe me.

Dr. MD MD

I’m parked in a McDonald’s parking lot and I just watched a young girl (maybe 20) walk up to the trash can in front of me and then say, “Right here?!” into her cellphone. She then proceeded to pull a black backpack out of it and then walk away. She noticed me looking inquisitively at the situation though. Weird. I’m guessing drugs and hoping not something worse. ???

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 22, 2018, 07:06:30 AM
i wish they would stop committing 50% of the violent crime.

While making up 13% of the population. These blackies are almost as destructive to society as the heebs! OY VEY!

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 22, 2018, 03:33:11 PM
proceeded to pull a black backpack out of it and then walk away

[attachment=1]

Quote from: ItsOver on October 22, 2018, 07:31:15 AM
I need to sue the Feds for my ancestors being assaulted by the Vikings.  Those bastards owe me.

you are owed, my friend.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on October 22, 2018, 03:35:41 PM
While making up 13% of the population. These blackies are almost as destructive to society as the heebs! OY VEY!

those pesky FBI statistics. wew lad.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 22, 2018, 04:31:21 PM
Those sick, sick fucks! >:(

https://youtu.be/_kSDyEjdQug

Ryan Dawson's latest documentary is the most in-depth, but Know More News streams with Bollyn cover some great stuff. People have no idea.

im not the one that graduated from a private university.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 23, 2018, 12:56:53 PM
im not the one that graduated from a private university.

She looks like a bibliophile Yuki Nagato type waifu (must be the glasses). Has she read Technological Slavery by Theodore J. Kaczynski? It's a good read as long as you dont buy the ebook version like i did. Because i ended up smashing my Kindle in a fit of rage and started living in a cabin innawoods.

Did she go to Harvard? 

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on October 23, 2018, 03:09:54 PM
She looks like a bibliophile Yuki Nagato type waifu (must be the glasses). Has she read Technological Slavery by Theodore J. Kaczynski? It's a good read as long as you dont buy the ebook version like i did. Because i ended up smashing my Kindle in a fit of rage and started living in a cabin innawoods.

Did she go to Harvard?

lol, not Harvard.

imma bout to go off the grid. getting real tired of this shit.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 23, 2018, 03:21:23 PM
lol, not Harvard.

This guy did

Metron2267

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 22, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
https://youtu.be/_kSDyEjdQug

Ryan Dawson's latest documentary is the most in-depth, but Know More News streams with Bollyn cover some great stuff. People have no idea.

Solid ideation chat there - Fight Club's detonations I remembered, The Medusa Touch's explicit airline scene less so - and there were so many other tells:

Good movies show the credits at the beginning.    ;)

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 23, 2018, 03:21:23 PM
lol, not Harvard.

Senda, Abrahm and Six Week could use a hand with their desert compound.   Why not tag along?

Plus Senda won't be wearing nothing................

Debra Paget, Paula Pritchett, and Charlize Theron all rank in the same category.  :o  :D    ;D

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on October 24, 2018, 06:27:19 AM
Senda, Abrahm and Six Week could use a hand with their desert compound.   Why not tag along?

Plus Senda won't be wearing nothing................

They got a desert compound ?
I'm working on an earthbag outhouse.  ;)       ;D