• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

4 more shows

Started by Max, May 25, 2008, 11:24:45 AM

MV/Liberace!

a comic book guy?  you have got to be fucking joking.

Spikegirl

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 22, 2008, 03:18:01 AM

Yes, and this was the second time that he had a comic book guy on in the past few months!

slipstream

I have a theory as to why Art did not show up for the June 29th.  He was at the Grand Canyon (or some other scenic venue) and decided that he would rather stay then rush back to do a one off.

cthulhubunny

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 22, 2008, 03:18:01 AM

I missed that one -but being a comic book guy myself, I might have enjoyed it. There's plenty of comics that deal (intelligently) with the subject matter that made C2C famous:

the Invisibles (by Grant Morrison)
Hellblazer By various authors (most notably Allan Moore of Watchmen/V for Vendetta fame and Preacher's Garth Ennis)

there's plenty more but I'd rank those two at the top.

I guess Hellboy has some merit at the top as well. Mike Mignola does a good job of researching secret societies, rumors of Nazi Occult connections and exploring true fairy tales (the dark kind, not the watered down Disney versions).

Anyway - I've heard way worse completely irrelevant guests on C2C. I especially hate when they have on an old random singer or movie star who has absolutely nothing to say about conspiracies or the paranormal.

The show with Shatner was good, even tho it was irrelevant.  Shatner always cracks me up when he's a guest on Howard Stern (and he seemed painfully aware that Noory didn't put much thought into the interview).

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: cthulhubunny on July 22, 2008, 10:28:24 AM
...he seemed painfully aware that Noory didn't put much thought into the interview).
you made that observation too?  i didn't hear the whole interview, but yes, i also had the feeling shatner was less than impressed with snoors.

Max

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 22, 2008, 10:45:11 AM
you made that observation too?  i didn't hear the whole interview, but yes, i also had the feeling shatner was less than impressed with snoors.

if it was art... there would have been a sing off... and shatner would have won....lol

honestly... I'm sure bill was asking himself "Why the fuck did I agree to this crap?" and then called his agent, and yelled at him or her and said, "Don't you ever book me on that two bit show again!"

Bandido

i hear there's no art this year for halloween. how bad will George's show be? i'm afraid to even ask. :(

Well firstly you have to e-mail your story so Tom can read them to George after he makes his warm cocoa with rum and tucks him in at night. Then sleepy little Georgie can mumble sleepily which ones he likes. I guess those people get called back or something. It must really take massive amounts of extra time to put a show like that together when you got no talent behind the mic. Ghost to Ghost will probably be about as entertaining as those bizzarre open lines George had the other night.

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on September 25, 2008, 07:02:37 AM
Well firstly you have to e-mail your story so Tom can read them to George after he makes his warm cocoa with rum and tucks him in at night. Then sleepy little Georgie can mumble sleepily which ones he likes.

Rofl. Disturbing, yet hilarious imagery.

saab93driver

take it for what it is worth but according to wikipedia:

"On September 8, 2008 George Noory stated that he would be hosting Ghost to Ghost AM rather than Art Bell. On September 19, Noory explained that Bell would be unavailable due to being on a cruise during Halloween this year."

To me, unless Art gets bored, probably the only possibility left hear him would be predictions the show at the end of the year, assuming he will still do that, which at this point is a big assumption. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: mv on June 27, 2008, 03:58:25 AM
i have signed no-compete contracts in radio, and every time, they have applied to a term following the termination of my employment.  art's employment with the network apparently has not yet even reached the classification of "terminated" since he is apparently still doing shows here and there.  therefore, i'd say the theory might not hold water...

UNLESS...

art didn't sign on to a no compete provision.  let's keep in mind that premiere is probably desperate to keep him involved in the product (c2c) in some way, and in order to acquire his signature, they might have allowed him to refuse such a provision in his contract.  i'm sure he has the power to refuse that sort of a restriction on his choices in the future.

synopsis:  we really don't know shit.  i guess.
***TOP RIGHT KEK***