• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

4 more shows

Started by Max, May 25, 2008, 11:24:45 AM

Max

thats right art said it...

4 more shows and thats that..

next one is towards the end of june, 29th I believe...

Ohh thank the lord! i cant take a sec of snoory.I was just about to post a question if anyone knew what Art has been up to.Thanks for the scoop! Lemmy know the exact dates if ya can.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: graham cracker hancock on June 12, 2008, 01:28:46 AM
Ohh thank the lord! i cant take a sec of snoory.I was just about to post a question if anyone knew what Art has been up to.Thanks for the scoop! Lemmy know the exact dates if ya can.
heh nice screen name.

thnx mike. i like your rants on streamer, your a funny guy.I listen about 24/7, thnx for the stream! So what has art been up to these days? is he still in the states?  etc..anyone? bueller?

MV/Liberace!

yeah he's still here.  i hear he's thinking about selling EVERYTHING and moving on over to the phillippines permanently.  i have a feeling if that happens, it will be the last we hear of him on the show unless that ISDN is still in tact in his condo over there.  who knows.

EvilKurisu

I seem to remember Art mentioning that recently, I believe he said "contractually I have four more shows".

I agree that if he sells up and goes back to Phillipines then this is the beginning of the real end...   :'(

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 13, 2008, 11:18:08 AM
yeah he's still here.  i hear he's thinking about selling EVERYTHING and moving on over to the phillippines permanently.  i have a feeling if that happens, it will be the last we hear of him on the show unless that ISDN is still in tact in his condo over there.  who knows.

And yet, on his very last live show, he DID say that there may be a reason to re-open artbell.com soon.  Maybe it will be just to sell it all off - who knows?  But I got the feeling he had something up his sleeve.

MV/Liberace!

I WISH TO GOD he would just do a show once or twice a week, or as he sees fit, on KNYE and stream it... free of the constraints of premrad or clear channel.  it would be HUGE.  it would definitely be the most listened to show on the internet BY FAR.

Well, we all knew it was coming.

All I gotta say is.."Gosh."

Max

from the people I talk to, art is sick and tired of coast to coast and he's bored with it.

I can understand that....

slipstream

I wish he would do political talk and current events topics again.  I thought he would have been a good Sunday night replacement for Drudge.

I would love to see him go one on one with Nooron in the ratings ;D

Max

I think art will retire after his 4 shows are done... and thats that..

codewrangler

Here's a theory for you. It's way out there.... but within the realm of reality.

Art bell "Officially" retired on 7/1/07 (this time). July 1st is coming up. I wonder if he has a standard (1) year non compete (very normal in my industry). Maybe that's what his hint about artbell.com was about.....

If that's the case, after July 1st, 2008, he would be free to bring back the "Art Bell Show" and compete against CTOC.

If I owned a radio network,  I would buy that show!

Max

yes but also his current contract is not up... and the 29th would only take it down one..

I'll have to check into things with my sources...

Quote from: codewrangler on June 26, 2008, 11:19:17 AM
Here's a theory for you. It's way out there.... but within the realm of reality.

Art bell "Officially" retired on 7/1/07 (this time). July 1st is coming up. I wonder if he has a standard (1) year non compete (very normal in my industry). Maybe that's what his hint about artbell.com was about.....

If that's the case, after July 1st, 2008, he would be free to bring back the "Art Bell Show" and compete against CTOC.

If I owned a radio network,  I would buy that show!

Good point.  It's actually what I was thinking may be the issue - What the non compete specifics of the situation are.

MV/Liberace!

i have signed no-compete contracts in radio, and every time, they have applied to a term following the termination of my employment.  art's employment with the network apparently has not yet even reached the classification of "terminated" since he is apparently still doing shows here and there.  therefore, i'd say the theory might not hold water...

UNLESS...

art didn't sign on to a no compete provision.  let's keep in mind that premiere is probably desperate to keep him involved in the product (c2c) in some way, and in order to acquire his signature, they might have allowed him to refuse such a provision in his contract.  i'm sure he has the power to refuse that sort of a restriction on his choices in the future.

synopsis:  we really don't know shit.  i guess.

Does anyone know exactly what dates art will be on? I checked the c2c upcoming shows and i saw nada.

Max

29th  of june art said but I dont see him listed...

maybe a change in plans?

nowitall

I also miss Drudge on 'da radio. The local replacements here in Houston have been beyond lame.

Art, please do a three hour shew on Sunday nites!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nowitall on July 01, 2008, 02:18:02 PM
I also miss Drudge on 'da radio. The local replacements here in Houston have been beyond lame.

Art, please do a three hour shew on Sunday nites!
wow... you mean drudge is no longer doing a radio show?  or was he merely removed in your market?

nowitall

Drudge retired a while back. He was tired from doing his webby and the radio shew. Dangit.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nowitall on July 01, 2008, 06:53:54 PM
Drudge retired a while back. He was tired from doing his webby and the radio shew. Dangit.
that's a surprise.  i was always a bit puzzled why his show didn't go into daily syndication since it was far better than a lot of the other political pap out there.

slipstream

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 01, 2008, 02:37:09 PM
wow... you mean drudge is no longer doing a radio show?  or was he merely removed in your market?

He gave up the show last September.  He said that he didn't want to get old doing a radio show.  Also, he wanted to get to bed early on Sunday nights lol.  Drudge mentioned that he would sub for other hosts but so far I am unaware that he has.  I miss him a lot   :'(   

Max

Quote from: slipstream on July 02, 2008, 11:15:52 PM

He gave up the show last September.  He said that he didn't want to get old doing a radio show.  Also, he wanted to get to bed early on Sunday nights lol.  Drudge mentioned that he would sub for other hosts but so far I am unaware that he has.  I miss him a lot   :'(  

now can you imagine drudge doing c2c :p

slipstream

Quote from: Max on July 03, 2008, 06:08:03 AM
now can you imagine drudge doing c2c :p

That would be a trip!   Once a caller requested Art to do a interview with Drudge.  Art thought it was a good idea and stated that he would like to interview Drudge.   Never happend though.  I do remember that Drudge had Art as a guest.  They talked about weather changes and Art's interest in the subject.  There does seem to be a friendly ties between the two of them.

MV/Liberace!

max said art was going to be doing a show on june 29, which i never was able to tune in to hear.   now i'm learning that art in fact did not do that show, and ian hosted instead.  anybody know if any explanation was ever given?

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 13, 2008, 10:26:10 PM
max said art was going to be doing a show on june 29, which i never was able to tune in to hear.   now i'm learning that art in fact did not do that show, and ian hosted instead.  anybody know if any explanation was ever given?

Kaku and Dames were unavailable, and Hoagland has sworn fealty to the NightHawk.

I* jest.

I haven't been around the board lately, but yeah... I have been meaning to check in, because I was holding out for that late June show. No Art, no mention, no nothing... so I sent yet another cancellation request, with my usual rant attached. At least this time I told them I was hip to the fact that I'd never hear back about any of it.

WTF? I mean, was nothing at all mentioned by way of explanation?

All, I can ever get out of them is acknowledgement that my cancellation has been confirmed.

I couldn't take another second of Noory... tho as a subscriber it would have been so easy for me to get a couple of hours worth of downloads per day without having to dig around through my pod subscriptions. Gee, I am not even THAT difficult to amuse. But this feeling of dread I get when I go to the show summary, with Georges voice popping into my head. Hell, I can read the summary and play the entire show out in my mind in three seconds. That is honestly how much content he provides.

I am SO annoyed. I just wanted to hear that last Art show and then cancel. As it is now my sub doesn't run out until the 29th and I damn well can't even be bothered to go to the page. Not even for Ian, who's become pretty lame himself.

Ian should get out before bitter people like me start to resent him for even affiliating with C2C.

Grrrr.

I got an idea, put George on the torture playlist! Heh, that's all he's worth.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/featurex/2008/03/torture-playlist.html

Spikegirl

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on July 21, 2008, 11:34:28 PM
I couldn't take another second of Noory... tho as a subscriber it would have been so easy for me to get a couple of hours worth of downloads per day without having to dig around through my pod subscriptions.

I am SO annoyed. I just wanted to hear that last Art show and then cancel. As it is now my sub doesn't run out until the 29th and I damn well can't even be bothered to go to the page. Not even for Ian, who's become pretty lame himself.

Ian should get out before bitter people like me start to resent him for even affiliating with C2C.

That pretty much sums up how many of us feel. I let my subscription run out because Snorry ruined the show so much. Ian has been so lame lately that he's not even worth listening to anymore, either. And those choices in the way of guests! Oy, don't get me started! He had a comic book guy on again last Saturday for part of the show. Look at your messages, I have some info for you.