• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Glenn Beck

Started by Pirate King Atomsk, April 14, 2009, 05:18:15 PM

Frys Girl

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 01, 2012, 02:24:00 PM
      Yes-FG,  Still Alive and Well(relatively speaking)

I think Beck had one of his hootenannys at Cowboys Stadium recently...but I didn't hear/see much about it.
Teabaggerstock. Yea he's a circus show so it makes sense..

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 01, 2012, 02:36:14 PM
Teabaggerstock. Yea he's a circus show so it makes sense..

Those goofs get more dressed up in odd outfits than a Halloween showing of Rocky Horror in Greenwich Village. What a scene, a bunch of screwballs who are Terry Dolans of the 21st century screaming about preserving traditional marriage etc. Doth protest...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on August 01, 2012, 05:54:54 PM
welcome back Eddie Coyle
Thanks...oblivion got sick of me and sent me back.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 01, 2012, 06:53:20 PM
    Thanks...oblivion got sick of me and sent me back.
You dodged major fuckery in the batman movie murder thread. You were missed!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Frys Girl on August 01, 2012, 07:13:25 PM
You dodged major fuckery in the batman movie murder thread. You were missed!

Hmmm..I'll have to visit that. And probably bite my tongue...no mean feat.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Rasputin on August 01, 2012, 02:29:45 AM
Glenn is more full of shit than a porta john at a three day concert. Is his crying fake? You be the judge:

Glenn Beck's Fake Crying Photoshoot

every time i start to watch a seemingly interesting video and i find it's the young turks, i want to bite my fucking desk. 

fuck.

slipstream

Glenn Beck is moving on up:

Beck Takes His Conservative Internet Shows to the Dish Network

He doesn't need that pseudo-conservative news network.

Not me.  Sure, I want C2C to be entertaining, but I also want some intellectual merit.  I think Beck is a grifter, stirring the pot and making tens of millions of dollars every year doing so. 

yumyumtree

I've never been sure what to think of Beck. I think the decision to leave FOX was voluntary. He started his own enterprise. I think he has damaged what credibility he had by crying wolf with doomsday predictions. He also lapses back into his old "morning zoo" persona a lot. He did a totally tasteless and cruel riff on Meghan McCain, then in the next segment sees himself as some kind of great spiritual leader. I listen to him when Michael Medved is being a prick or talking about something uninteresting, which is fairly often.

BTW, I think a former model could be a very good lifestyle expert.

Yum-Yum just made the first post on Beck in 7 months... my, how the mighty has fallen.  Oh, sure, Beck is still pulling in tens of millions of dollars a year, so he still has his sheep, but he sure has lost whatever relevance he had in the national political discourse it appears.

pyewacket

I catch bits of Beck's show and it's more of a soap opera these days. I remember him before he got into the political phase of his career- he used to be funny. I've come to really dislike his religious prophet act.

I've seen him remake himself over many years. The latest health crisis is really odd, too. But many suspect it's all business.

Raw Story has a good article:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/glenn-becks-diagnosis-and-treatment-are-quackery-say-medical-experts/

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on November 13, 2014, 12:21:56 PM
I catch bits of Beck's show and it's more of a soap opera these days. I remember him before he got into the political phase of his career- he used to be funny. I've come to really dislike his religious prophet act.

I've seen him remake himself over many years. The latest health crisis is really odd, too. But many suspect it's all business.

Raw Story has a good article:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/glenn-becks-diagnosis-and-treatment-are-quackery-say-medical-experts/
Similar thoughts here, regarding Beck.  He'd make a good brother for Whitley Streiber.

I'm glad if I happen to tune in and Beck is absent and it's just the Pat and Stu show. 

I always thought Clayton Morris would be perfect for C2C. He loves anything paranormal, AND Art Bell, and he`s very talented. When I brought it up to him, he just kind of downplayed it all, but I could tell he would love the gig.

Eddie Coyle

If one can die of a completely psychosomatic disorder, it would be El Becko. What a goof.

pyewacket

Quote from: ItsOver on November 13, 2014, 01:02:32 PM
Similar thoughts here, regarding Beck.  He'd make a good brother for Whitley Streiber.

I'm glad if I happen to tune in and Beck is absent and it's just the Pat and Stu show.

I do, too! They're pretty funny. My favorite is Moron Trivia.  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: pyewacket on November 13, 2014, 01:49:19 PM
I do, too! They're pretty funny. My favorite is Moron Trivia.  ;D
That IS funny.  And downright scary.  The sad thing is I don't think they have much difficulty finding their "quality" contestants.  The answers can be stunning at times.

pyewacket

Quote from: ItsOver on November 13, 2014, 04:11:04 PM
That IS funny.  And downright scary.  The sad thing is I don't think they have much difficulty finding their "quality" contestants.  The answers can be stunning at times.

Yep- and they don't just work at convenience stores and fast food joints.  Some of them host radio shows!  ;)

ONeill

More-on trivia is fabulous. You have to give it to them - they are really entertaining.

I used to listen to Beck almost daily but I switched to Limbaugh. In terms of political analysis of things he is simply second to none and Glenn spends to much time preaching and crying.

I avoid Glenn Beck like a hipster begging for change. But from the little bit I've heard of him, every time he does that stupid person voice, I just want to punch him in the face as hard and as many times as I can.

pyewacket

I catch a bit of his show in the mornings and I end up turning off my radio. I like his show better when he's not on it. When he and the 2 other guys start talking over one another, interrupting each other, and fail to complete sentences- it gets too aggravating. I don't remember Glen doing this when he had his pre politics, pre religious shows, but now he seems to ummm and ahhh excessively. It's distracting and annoying. I agree about the preaching and crying and dumb voices he's using- not for me. I'm wondering if he's preparing to go full on televangelist in the future.

A shame, years ago- he used to be funny. 

ONeill

Quote from: pyewacket on March 11, 2015, 08:39:44 AM
I catch a bit of his show in the mornings and I end up turning off my radio. I like his show better when he's not on it. When he and the 2 other guys start talking over one another, interrupting each other, and fail to complete sentences- it gets too aggravating. I don't remember Glen doing this when he had his pre politics, pre religious shows, but now he seems to ummm and ahhh excessively. It's distracting and annoying. I agree about the preaching and crying and dumb voices he's using- not for me. I'm wondering if he's preparing to go full on televangelist in the future.

A shame, years ago- he used to be funny.

Actually after the Beck show there is a 2-hour Pat & Stu, which is Beck show without Beck. And I agree, the 2 co-hosts do much better job without the Man himself.

ItsOver

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2015, 09:45:20 AM
Actually after the Beck show there is a 2-hour Pat & Stu, which is Beck show without Beck. And I agree, the 2 co-hosts do much better job without the Man himself.
+1.  Beck's show is like listening to some strange cult leader suffering a nervous breakdown, interrupted on occasion by two comedians. 

pyewacket

Quote from: ItsOver on March 11, 2015, 09:53:03 AM
+1.  Beck's show is like listening to some strange cult leader suffering a nervous breakdown, interrupted on occasion by two comedians.

IO- What a perfect description! He is starting to sound like a cult leader. I think he wants to make movies, too. I wonder if he's going to turn into another Dave.  ;D

I didn't know that Pat and Stu had their own show, ONeill- thank you. Is it on the net or is it a subscription service?

ONeill

Quote from: pyewacket on March 11, 2015, 10:48:03 AM
IO- What a perfect description! He is starting to sound like a cult leader. I think he wants to make movies, too. I wonder if he's going to turn into another Dave.  ;D

I didn't know that Pat and Stu had their own show, ONeill- thank you. Is it on the net or is it a subscription service?

I am not sure, if I listen I use a podcast on iTunes. It's great because their "bumpers", news and commercials are just horrible. But if I remember correctly you can go to glennbeck.com and it's accessible using the live stream. It starts just after the GB show

pyewacket

Quote from: ONeill on March 11, 2015, 02:51:04 PM
I am not sure, if I listen I use a podcast on iTunes. It's great because their "bumpers", news and commercials are just horrible. But if I remember correctly you can go to glennbeck.com and it's accessible using the live stream. It starts just after the GB show

You are so right about the bumper music, etc. The guy singing about luouveeee is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I feel bad saying that because he might be impaired in some way.

Thank you, ONeill- I'll check it out.  :)

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on March 11, 2015, 09:53:03 AM

This so nails it.  Regardless of one's political affiliation, how can anyone listen to this guy?  He shifts from delusions of grandeur to fits of paranoid sentimentalism, with little corny sarcastic jokes sprinkled in for good measure.

And he's so damn preachy with his stock cliches "People you have to wake up! You have to think for yourselves! One day there will be a reckoning and you have to be ready! You have to believe me about this!  This is the most important thing, it really is, and you just have to remember it!  You must understand the truth of what I'm telling you!"  Ugh, more than anyone else on radio I cringe whenever I accidentally tune him in.

ONeill

Quote from: pyewacket on March 11, 2015, 02:58:18 PM
You are so right about the bumper music, etc. The guy singing about luouveeee is like fingernails on a chalkboard. I feel bad saying that because he might be impaired in some way.

Thank you, ONeill- I'll check it out.  :)

You're welcome, have fun!

yumyumtree

Quote from: ONeill on March 09, 2015, 01:34:25 PM
More-on trivia is fabulous. You have to give it to them - they are really entertaining.

I used to listen to Beck almost daily but I switched to Limbaugh. In terms of political analysis of things he is simply second to none and Glenn spends to much time preaching and crying.
[/quote

I have somewhat done the opposite. I listen to a half hour or so of Rush now and then, and often he's good.  But a lot of the time he simply re-hashes stuff he had on the show 20 years ago, or takes calls from kids talking about the Rush Revere books, or talks about football...He also embarrasses himself from time to time talking about science or other stuff that a reasonably well-informed adult should know better about.  I don't hate him--I still admire him, but I think the show jumped the shark about 15 years ago.
Beck, on the other hand, I think has been vindicated, on the caliphate, for example.  I used to mistrust him and thought he might be some kind of con artist.  And who knows, maybe he was, then.  But I think he has gotten increasingly worthwhile.

VegasI15

Beck to me seems more like a long drawn out soap opera.  He was on O'reilly the other night spouting off about how he is going to leave the Republican party.  The guy can't make up his mind.