• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

Alaskana

Dateline wrote Yesterday at 10:41:53 PM »
There may be more to this.  Leo owns Nexus and that is the springboard that Art was using to launch the satellite hook-up with the up to 4000 stations.  Nexus even wrote the PR release for this launch for Art.  There were comments that some of Leo's equipment was used and could that be some that involves the Nexus link.  Nexus is Leo, I think.  With him departing that has left.  This was the next level for Art or how this was presented and advertised. 

PremRat threw the steak out to Leo and he jumped at it.  That was part of the beginning of this shamble.  Leo got mad and took Nexus with him.  Now, Art may or may not have the capabilities to take it to the next level, at least as it was presented through Nexus. 

This was Art's big move and PremRat quashed it.  Now, Norry is trying to get PR through the weird news paranormal presidential articles.  It reads to me much deeper than Leo simply being the reader of the news.  That is one spin I am analyzing. 

I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment, Dateline.

It seems most of us here were thrown for a loop when Leo went bananas and quit MITD. All that *most* of us knew about Leo was that he was the quirky Dark Matter News announcer who occasionally flubbed up things most professional radio announcer shouldn't or wouldn't get wrong. Few here had any idea of how deep his roots were entangled with MITD and it's production.

The fog and obfuscation on all of this has been slowly lifting as the pieces of the puzzle get put into place by the would-be sleuths here among us 'gabbers. I don't think anything really needs to be said regarding the drama in all of this - it is what it is and shit happens in the business world - but one thing is clear and that is Leo has had more potential to affect the MITD brand than most of us realized. And to me at least, it's becoming more and more clear that there may be a more sinister puppet master involved in all of this that goes beyond Leo. He may turn out to be just a mere pawn in this chess game we call the radio business.

MidnocLady

Quote from: Lowquay on October 05, 2015, 09:29:14 PM
I agree. These types are hilarious as guests. Running Arts show into the ground? Not so much.

Keith, and Leo both seem like desperate middle aged men, helpless in the face of a chick telling them what they want to hear with a whispery voice. Let's hope Art is smarter.

Wonder what else she and Keith talked about till 4 and 5 in the morning on SKYPE?

It ended with her taking a pretty important role in the show and she's 25 with zero experience.

It's nice to read that I'm not the only one with suspicions about such things.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Alaskana on October 07, 2015, 11:02:30 AM

It seems most of us here were thrown for a loop when Leo went bananas and quit MITD. All that *most* of us knew about Leo was that he was the quirky Dark Matter News announcer who occasionally flubbed up things most professional radio announcer shouldn't or wouldn't get wrong.

this is why i don't think premiere radio made leo an offer.  attached is a message i sent noory the other night:

K_Dubb

I wonder who is the rat Leo mentioned he took care of.  Amy, because she told about the hypothetical offer?  He takes care of her by firing her, then Art makes a deal.   I can't think of another candidate.

ZomZom

Quote from: MV on October 07, 2015, 11:47:23 AM
this is why i don't think premiere radio made leo an offer.  attached is a message i sent noory the other night:
I don't know what to think, but this kerfuffle is especially suspect after Art's Internet cable was apparently cut/pulled/whatever.

MidnocLady

Quote from: ASC on October 04, 2015, 11:19:28 PM
well Art brought a gun to the pillow fight

RIP Leo Ashcraft

Well, that is sure eye-opening.

Alaskana

Very interesting, MV. Thanks for sharing that conversation snippet. I may have to rethink my working theory about who or what may have been the driving force behind Leo's motivations. I agree with you in that even if Gnoory didn't have anything to do with this, someone in his entourage still could have been a factor in this without his knowledge. But then as you suggested, who in the Coast family could have known that Leo would have went full nuclear with an offer to defect?

Weird things are afoot. Sometimes I wish it was like three weeks ago and all we were talking about was what Art's big announcement was.  ;)

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 07, 2015, 08:47:39 AM
...  His antipathy for corporate structure is well-known, and he said some pretty similar things about lawyers the other night...

This is very likely the precise reason he signed a 2 year non-compete when he wouldn't have had to if he'd had someone (a competent lawyer reviewing the deal for him) tell him to push back and not include that in a contract paying him $70k per year.  It's the reason he didn't fight it after the fact and sat on his hands for 2 years instead.  It's the reason he was in a poor position after the blowup with Keith earlier this year, and now this garbage with Leo.

If he's on some sort of crusade against 'Corporate America', if he wants to do things based on 'trust' and personal connections instead of normal business practices, so be it.  But be prepared for unending unnecessary drama, and maybe even the end of the show if he gets tired of all this stuff.

Quote from: Alaskana on October 07, 2015, 12:17:39 PM
Very interesting, MV. Thanks for sharing that conversation snippet. I may have to rethink my working theory about who or what may have been the driving force behind Leo's motivations. I agree with you in that even if Gnoory didn't have anything to do with this, someone in his entourage still could have been a factor in this without his knowledge. But then as you suggested, who in the Coast family could have known that Leo would have went full nuclear with an offer to defect?

Weird things are afoot. Sometimes I wish it was like three weeks ago and all we were talking about was what Art's big announcement was.  ;)

Noory made Bateman and Jimmy Church an offer. Church wanted his 30 pieces of silver. Also, Noory is a known liar, so his word is mud. This whole thing stinks.

chefist

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on October 07, 2015, 02:24:06 PM
Noory made Bateman and Jimmy Church an offer. Church wanted his 30 pieces of silver. Also, Noory is a known liar, so his word is mud. This whole thing stinks.

Oh! I never knew he made an offer to Steve...interesting...

Dateline

Chit chat, talk and negotiations are not an offer.  A contractor, a paralegal, someone, could have sent information to Leo to think they were serious.  Norry does not have to be directly involved.  It could have been an go-between, a mutual business colleague.   I would like to see the "offer" that was sent to Leo from whomever.

This position and increase in market share have some worried.  Look and what happened to his YouTube station.  There are no coincidences. 

Norry's honesty has been called into question before and true he, himself, may not have dealt with Leo, but there are others in the shadows.  Only the shadows know.

What was done went to the heart of Art's big October 1, 2015 announcement, but he is alive and well and doing an incredible job.

b_dubb

Maybe someone sent him a tweet. You can't post anything to Twitter if it true. Right? Right?

popple

Quote from: Alaskana on October 07, 2015, 12:17:39 PM
But then as you suggested, who in the Coast family could have known that Leo would have went full nuclear with an offer to defect?
I think they just poke at things a little and watch how the dominos fall. Things get explosive around Art. The results probably surprise even them. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 07, 2015, 02:19:53 PM
This is very likely the precise reason he signed a 2 year non-compete when he wouldn't have had to if he'd had someone (a competent lawyer reviewing the deal for him) tell him to push back and not include that in a contract paying him $70k per year.  It's the reason he didn't fight it after the fact and sat on his hands for 2 years instead.  It's the reason he was in a poor position after the blowup with Keith earlier this year, and now this garbage with Leo.

If he's on some sort of crusade against 'Corporate America', if he wants to do things based on 'trust' and personal connections instead of normal business practices, so be it.  But be prepared for unending unnecessary drama, and maybe even the end of the show if he gets tired of all this stuff.

Point taken.  I don't remember how many times Monday night he emphatically brought up the emotional toll legal proceedings take on a party.  He's an emotional guy who sounds once-bitten.  I can sure understand.

His lawyer's probably some Pahrump guy he's known for thirty years.

henge0stone

Look how much Leo's departure effected the show  ;D And he thinks he can compete with Art?! Really shows how crazy is.

I don't know if anyone's brought this up or whether I should, but has anyone considered this behaviour might be a result of performance enhancing drugs?  (Leo is apparently a body builder and possibly somewhat vain about it, going by some posted pics)

MV/Liberace!

Also, Noory is a known liar, so his word is mud. This whole thing stinks.

i just don't think noory is lying in this case.  that's all i'm saying.  the logic doesn't make sense.  how would premiere radio know the flipping news guy is the leaking hole in the dyke where they can insert a stick of dynamite?  they would go after a producer or someone externally perceived to be important.

PING

How DARE you interject reason & facts into our conjecture. Reported.

henge0stone

Quote from: MV on October 07, 2015, 03:06:18 PM
i just don't think noory is lying in this case.  that's all i'm saying.  the logic doesn't make sense.  how would premiere radio know the flipping news guy is the leaking hole in the dyke where they can insert a stick of dynamite?  they would go after a producer or someone externally perceived to be important.

Well they could have heard his newscasts and thought, 'hey that would be cool for us to do that too!'.

jstrummer78

I listened to a podcast of the great 9/29 conversation about global thermonuclear war. Fantastic program, as per usual with Art at the helm. Did the news reader Leo mispronounce the following, or is it a glitch in the audio? On the first break, Leo was talking about evidence there may be yet to be excavated tombs in the Valley Of The Kings, specifically adjacent to King Tutankhamun's tomb. The podcast audio is heard as: TutankhUMEN and NerFITI. Even if they were incorrectly spelled on the copy, I would hope he knows enough Egyptology to correct it on the fly. The podcast audio also reveals an apparently bungled pronunciation of Guantanamo Bay:"GuatANAMO".  This is Art Bell's show we are talking about, not George Tumeric Snoory's insomnia cure. Can anyone who heard the show's live broadcast comment?   While I'm at it, I am angry at Jay Weidner who claims Stanley Kubrick supervised the "fake" lunar landing images. Does he actually believe that? It is an insult to the people @ NASA, the brilliant astronauts with massive brass, and to our collective intelligence. Who believes NASA would trust the secret of the world's biggest hoax to some eccentric movie director? Get a real job, please.         JS78

Dateline

Leo is Nexus.  He was conducting the affiliate relations, behind the satellite feed that was promoted for October 1, 2015.  The public relations release was done by Nexus.  Norry has a background in public relations and broadcasting.  He is not stupid, always. 

Follow the ads and info.

I think there was some tinkering going on, adjust this screw and sees what happens and so forth.  I don't anyone could have predicted this drastic outcome, but they play this and then they play that to see what results are accomplished.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on October 07, 2015, 03:02:30 PM
I don't know if anyone's brought this up or whether I should, but has anyone considered this behaviour might be a result of performance enhancing drugs?  (Leo is apparently a body builder and possibly somewhat vain about it, going by some posted pics)

Yeah, 'roid rage has been mentioned.

Here's my narrative:  Leo, not too bright, fragile ego (see middle-aged bodybuilder) isn't happy about his revenue.  The check Art posted was July; maybe September was worse, and his 1% of total ad revenue is a ridiculously low amount.  He decides to negotiate, so he tells Art how hard he's been working (Art mentioned this last week), tries to drive more traffic to his website, and is rebuffed.

To strengthen his position, he explores other outlets for his product, and tries to feel out whether his writers will go with him.  Maybe some positive feedback from his amen corner emboldens him to mention other offers.

Art is tipped off, immediately suspects Dave's interference (as he is wont to do) and suddenly Leo is out on his ass.  That's probably enough to make a not-too-bright, fragile-ego-having man lose his shit.

jstrummer78

Time Travelers, I apologize for not seeing the exisitng thread about "Leo". That is my mistake, something Leo apparently was unable/unwilling to admit. I'm assuming he is gone by the comments?   For whatever reason(s), he simply was not up to Art's standards. Once again, I apologize for just venting w/o checking for an existing thread. I still stand by my dislike of Jay Widner-- I don't care how much he knows, or thinks he knows, about Kubrick's image framing technology, the idea that NASA would risk its credibility on such an enormous hoax is so far beyond imagining, IMO  :-\it should not even be discussed. I saw something today that said a recent poll revealed only 7% of respondents believed the images from the moon were faked. That is good news, hopefully this topic will go away forever some day. It is such an insult to the brave people who risked everything.     Thanks, I Stand Humiliated... JS78

popple

Quote from: henge0stone on October 07, 2015, 03:17:01 PM
Well they could have heard his newscasts and thought, 'hey that would be cool for us to do that too!'.

Wasn't there some talk about C2C wanting to create their own network like Art a while back?  ??? ...it starts to make more sense of where they would put Leo.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: henge0stone on October 07, 2015, 03:17:01 PM

i guess, but you could find a million people to throw together a kooky newscast.  also, where would c2c fit it into their clock?  they're already down to 48 minutes of commercials, 6 minutes of show time, and 6 minutes of network news at the top.

henge0stone

Quote from: MV on October 07, 2015, 04:14:37 PM
i guess, but you could find a million people to throw together a kooky newscast.  also, where would c2c fit it into their clock?  they're already down to 48 minutes of commercials, 6 minutes of show time, and 6 minutes of network news at the top.

People would enjoy a paranews segment so Coast probably wouldn't do it, but getting Leo to freakout and quit might still hurt Art's show. It really didn't but premrat may have hoped it would.

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 07, 2015, 03:33:54 PM
Yeah, 'roid rage has been mentioned.

Here's my narrative:  Leo, not too bright, fragile ego (see middle-aged bodybuilder) isn't happy about his revenue.  The check Art posted was July; maybe September was worse, and his 1% of total ad revenue is a ridiculously low amount.  He decides to negotiate, so he tells Art how hard he's been working (Art mentioned this last week), tries to drive more traffic to his website, and is rebuffed.

To strengthen his position, he explores other outlets for his product, and tries to feel out whether his writers will go with him.  Maybe some positive feedback from his amen corner emboldens him to mention other offers.

Art is tipped off, immediately suspects Dave's interference (as he is wont to do) and suddenly Leo is out on his ass.  That's probably enough to make a not-too-bright, fragile-ego-having man lose his shit.

Ah that makes sense.  I never had a problem with his newscasts myself.

Quote from: MV on October 07, 2015, 03:06:18 PM

I see what you're saying and you may be right. Let's assume that for once, Noory is not lying. However, while Whorge is a dim bulb, the suits at PremRAT are very crafty. They may be trying to screw with Art. They have been screwing with Art since before he came back 2 years ago. Look at all the dirty pool they played.

Now with Art back again and sounding great, they would especially like to throw a wrench into things. Any damage that they could do or somehow emotionally upset Art is a feather in their cap, by their estimation. For example when they woo-ed away Jimmy Church, who was hardly a major player in the darkmatternetwork universe, but his leaving stirred the shit and caused controversy. Jimmy's only been on twice to host Coast, so he left for nothing but the promise of bright lights and money. I think luring away Leo was a sure fire way to create some drama so that Art gets fed up and says it's not worth it. They could have promised him a spot every night with all the dumbasses who call Noory in at the beginning of the show with their "expert" opinions. Just a suspicion on my part, though. Who really knows?

Quote from: Dateline on October 07, 2015, 03:23:30 PM

I think there was some tinkering going on, adjust this screw and sees what happens and so forth.  I don't anyone could have predicted this drastic outcome, but they play this and then they play that to see what results are accomplished.

^^^This^^^^

They got lucky.

Alaskana

It will be informative to see where Leo ends up next. If he somehow gets involved with Coast in any way it will be tempting to think that someone there had something to do with his departure from MITD. It could be the case however that they had nothing to do with it but still may pick him up now that he is a free agent (although I would imagine the suits at Premier would be hesitant to pick up someone who is so willing to spew sour grapes all over the Interwebz).

But yes, this whole thing is a shit storm from any perspective.