• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bring back the Recent Posts feature!!1

Started by jazmunda, December 30, 2014, 10:18:45 PM

Catsmile

Quote from: georgegoldman on January 04, 2015, 01:50:22 AM
... MV please don't be like Obama and take away our choice of which feature that we like to use. Thank you for your time MV.

Marc.Knight

Please bring back the "recent post" feature. Please give the people the choice of using it and/or using the Unread topics feature. Choice is good and no choice is evil. MV please don't be like Obama and take away our choice of which feature that we like to use. Thank you for your time MV.

"If you want to keep your doctor recent posts feature you'll be able to keep your doctor recent posts feature."

MV/Liberace!

Please bring back the "recent post" feature. Please give the people the choice of using it and/or using the Unread topics feature. Choice is good and no choice is evil. MV please don't be like Obama and take away our choice of which feature that we like to use. Thank you for your time MV.

As I said in a previous post, you can still click "View the most recent posts on the forum" in the stats area:

[attach=1]

It provides the same functionality.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on January 04, 2015, 02:38:09 AM

As I said in a previous post, you can still click "View the most recent posts on the forum" in the stats area:

[attach=1]

No one's buying what you're selling. ;)

georgegoldman

[attach=1]

I like the other way better MV. It was very easy to use and I could get a quick check on whats up in the forum. I think that you "broke" the forum when the forum was running ok. Oh well, It is your forum to break. I hope that you have an awesome time in 2015.

Gd5150

Removing the "recent posts" has successfully sent the falkie cancer into remission and for that I say "hear hear!" Like a geroge noory kill shot special right into the tumor.

"Recent posts" is the equivalent to the Snoory "box'o'interview questions".

georgegoldman

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 04, 2015, 03:40:04 AM
Removing the "recent posts" has successfully sent the falkie cancer into remission and for that I say "hear hear!" Like a geroge noory kill shot special right into the tumor.

Reported  ;)

georgegoldman

Quote from: jazmunda on January 04, 2015, 03:23:36 AM
Quote from: georgegoldman on January 04, 2015, 03:34:21 AM
I like the other way better MV. It was very easy to use and I could get a quick check on whats up in the forum. I think that you "broke" the forum when the forum was running ok. Oh well, It is your forum to break. I hope that you have an awesome time in 2015.
I think that MV is finding ways to "break" bellgab is because he knows that the All Powerful George Noory will win in the end. ;)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: jazmunda on January 04, 2015, 03:23:36 AM

Now, if you include a lifetime supply of crisis food I might consider it.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 04, 2015, 03:40:04 AM

Yes, but it was like throwing out the brain with the tumor.

b_dubb

Quote from: jazmunda on January 04, 2015, 01:08:35 AM
This is probably the only reason it is necessary.

Having said that I was only fucking with you. Can you please delete this thread, all my posts and my account? This can be before or after you reinstate the recent posts feature. Thank you.
How about a new weekly feature called Pro-lapsed anus of the week?  This thread makes old jaz-y jazmunda a front runner for said award.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on January 04, 2015, 12:36:45 PM
How about a new weekly feature called Pro-lapsed anus of the week?  This thread makes old jaz-y jazmunda a front runner for said award.

Jazmunda isn't allowed to leave. He's contractually obliged to keep giving all that is asked of him.

area51drone

I'm okay with this, except it does not provide the same functionality - I like seeing just the subject lines and none of the posts' text.   Can you offer a link to a page that just shows that?   

Besides, it's pretty obvious that changing this didn't do anything about the popularity of the Falkie thread - it's still going strong and is always at the top of the General Discussions list.   Once Falkie gets his new ISP up and running on Thursday it will just go bat shit crazy again. 

Chine

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 04, 2015, 12:53:27 PM

Jazmunda isn't allowed to leave. He's contractually obliged to keep giving all that is asked of him.

Pancakes would be nice.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Chine on January 04, 2015, 02:39:21 PM
Pancakes would be nice.

That's just tempting us; are we that shallow?*

*Yes.

I promise to stay up way past my bedtime and call in if he stays on GC.

Quote from: b_dubb on January 04, 2015, 12:36:45 PM

Yes, but who'll write the Pink Sock column?

Catsmile

Quote from: area51drone on January 04, 2015, 02:07:04 PM
I'm okay with this, except it does not provide the same functionality - I like seeing just the subject lines and none of the posts' text.   Can you offer a link to a page that just shows that?   

Besides, it's pretty obvious that changing this didn't do anything about the popularity of the Falkie thread - it's still going strong and is always at the top of the General Discussions list.   Once Falkie gets his new ISP up and running on Thursday it will just go bat shit crazy again. 

More or less agree. I just have more tabs open and do more scrolling, without recent post.

MVs, decision seems to hinge somewhat on thinking people don't know how to navigate a forum, sprinkled with technical server side usage issues. Some folks may not know how to navigate BellGab. Speaking for myself only, this ain't my first rodeo as far as forums go. I can pick up the gist of how subjects are ordered in a hierarchy, how the admin chooses to nest boards, sub-boards, and threads. I've drilled into and plowed through much more complex forums that cover many more subjects than BellGab.

Recent Post was a very convent one click no scrolling way to navigate the subjects, or authors that struck my fancy, logged in or not. One click and bam! I'm exactly where I want to be in a thread. Some call it lazy, some call it convent, both would be right.  Now if the forum had a LOT more people posting content it might become less useful.  As it stands I'm back to my default multitab, scrolling, F5 way browsing using a PC, ordering things to my liking, despite how the forum is setup. However this may not work so well for anemic somewhat clunky touch UI portables. The dude abides. YMMV.

ACE of CLUBS

Change for the sake of change ..... ?
"Let me remove that functional round tire, and replace it with this new and 'improved' square tire ......  now, isn't that sooo much better ?"

Imconfused

Quote from: Catsmile on January 04, 2015, 06:42:24 PM
More or less agree. I just have more tabs open and do more scrolling, without recent post.

MVs, decision seems to hinge somewhat on thinking people don't know how to navigate a forum, sprinkled with technical server side usage issues. Some folks may not know how to navigate BellGab. Speaking for myself only, this ain't my first rodeo as far as forums go. I can pick up the gist of how subjects are ordered in a hierarchy, how the admin chooses to nest boards, sub-boards, and threads. I've drilled into and plowed through much more complex forums that cover many more subjects than BellGab.

Recent Post was a very convent one click no scrolling way to navigate the subjects, or authors that struck my fancy, logged in or not. One click and bam! I'm exactly where I want to be in a thread. Some call it lazy, some call it convent, both would be right.  Now if the forum had a LOT more people posting content it might become less useful.  As it stands I'm back to my default multitab, scrolling, F5 way browsing using a PC, ordering things to my liking, despite how the forum is setup. However this may not work so well for anemic somewhat clunky touch UI portables. The dude abides. YMMV.

This

Quote from: Imconfused on January 04, 2015, 06:58:09 PM
ouch!

Oh, that wasn't directed at anyone. It just seemed a fitting accompaniment to the weekly feature.

b_dubb

Anagram my is going to kick your ass Unscreened. You know that right?

Gd5150

Quote from: area51drone on January 04, 2015, 02:07:04 PM

Agreed. The best solution would be an entire "general musings book" section where any thread that becomes focused on a specific BellGab member should be moved. That way we
can keep all of the narcissistic yawner threads in a conventiant easy to ignore find place. The satan thread would be a perfect addition to this new "facebook" like section.

Gd5150

Quote from: Catsmile on January 04, 2015, 06:42:24 PM

Go ahead and move this thread to the "first world problems" thread.

Imconfused

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 05, 2015, 12:48:49 PM
Go ahead and move this thread to the "first world problems" thread.

Moved.  Now STFU.

Imconfused

Seriously MV,  bring it back.  Now.  NOOWW.  Goddamit. 

I'll report you,  you fat fuck!

wr250

Quote from: Imconfused on January 06, 2015, 12:54:39 PM
Seriously MV,  bring it back.  Now.  NOOWW.  Goddamit. 

I'll report you,  you fat fuck!

reported.