• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Morgus

Quote from: Kolchak on December 28, 2017, 03:26:02 PM
Heather just posted on Facebook that time traveler subscription money is going to her new cat in lieu of being reinvested into the show to make it better.

The vet bill was over $500, that alone is about 100 listener monthly subscriptions.
She mentioned a couple days ago that she also ordered on amazon lots of new cat toys.
But I suspect like most cats, her new feral cat won't play with the toys you buy for them (or at least only for a day or so) - they prefer the boxes they are shipped in...  8)

PaulAtreides

Heather just posted on Facebook that time traveler subscription money is going to her new cat in lieu of being reinvested into the show to make it better.

Pity the cat.

Quote from: PaulAtreides on December 28, 2017, 11:58:16 AM
Whereas you are from a single-wide trailer park in Mississippi.

Wrong bucko.  I'm Californian by birth and I've settled in many states but not Mississippi. Whereas you haven't left your Mom's basement in Encino.  Isn't it time for you to fly the coop?  Stop sucking your Mom's teat.

Quote from: Epaphroditus on December 28, 2017, 04:16:45 AM
Listening to Heather ramble about nothing while the guest is on hold is all the evidence one needs to conclude that AB does not listen .

Art decided to throw his credibility away a while back, and shows no sign of being interested in retrieving it. 

Quote from: Morgus on December 28, 2017, 04:25:13 PM
The vet bill was over $500, that alone is about 100 listener monthly subscriptions.
She mentioned a couple days ago that she also ordered on amazon lots of new cat toys.
But I suspect like most cats, her new feral cat won't play with the toys you buy for them (or at least only for a day or so) - they prefer the boxes they are shipped in...  8)

Didn't Noory pretend he had a cat for awhile after taking over Art's show?

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 28, 2017, 09:39:34 PM
I won't honestly say I recall that. But, I have an odd feeling there was some talk of that but quickly given away to someone or some such. He also had claimed to have a dog that he needed to get rid of (due to his travel,) as I recall at some point, so I could be "Terrorist Effect", sorry "Mandela Effect." I do know he claims to have had a horse "farm" and other such things, like leaving a date quickly because she "didn't like animals."

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 28, 2017, 09:38:14 PM
Art decided to throw his credibility away a while back, and shows no sign of being interested in retrieving it.
He should have just left it with Dark Matter.  That should have been a big enough embarrassment for him. 

Morgus

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on December 28, 2017, 09:39:34 PM
No, Noory claimed to have a dog early on while he was doing Purina commercials. 
The dog mysteriously disappeared when Purina stopped sponsoring the show though...

The previous host who took over for Art Bell after his first "retirement" around 2000 (Mike Seagull)  however did claim to have a cat named "Vanna" that seemed like a obvious ploy to try to imitate Art's tales of his cats. That host lasted less than a year until Art returned.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 28, 2017, 05:28:48 PM
I'm Californian by birth and I've settled in many states but not Mississippi.

Not very stable are you?  Shopping for the best entitlements?

cweb

You may have misread that.

I'd like to introduce Heather's new producer, Tinkles.

dan7800

Started listening to the show again for the first time in a few months.

Heather is no Art (nobody is), but generally I think she is doing ok. She still has her WTF are you thinking moments, but the last week or so of the shows have been ok.

Quote from: PaulAtreides on December 29, 2017, 07:20:52 AM

Nope, I don't life off the government's teat like you do.

Juan Cena

Heather is pretty lax with whether or not these predictions were dings or bonks.

Juan Cena

Quote from: pahtrump on December 06, 2017, 12:29:44 AM
Heather’s Native American name is Talks More Than Guest. Someone needs to explain the listeners tune in to these the guest(s).

She’s still better than “Read’s Gibberish Off Of Index Cards,” or “Sleeps on Girlfriend’s Couch.”

Juan Cena

I was trying to figure out whether I posted the night Whitley Streibler was on. I’m not sure if he fully understood my question as to whether his “Visitor” friends existed in more than three dimensions.

Quote from: PaulAtreides on December 29, 2017, 07:20:52 AM

Oh man, that's funny.

You do realize without the grifters you are (rightly) disparaging, no one from your party of choice would get elected to anything in this country, right?

Nobody

Quote from: cweb on December 29, 2017, 06:20:44 PM

I'd like to introduce Heather's new producer, Tinkles.

Indeed.  When you consider that cat ladies appear to be the sole remaining demographic to whom this show appeals, "Tinkles" was the only choice, really.

This last programme was Heather's New Year's Prediction Show, so Mr. N is going to throw his topee in the ring: MITD will be gone by or before 30 June of 2018.  I just can't see enough cat ladies chucking away $5 a month to keep this show afloat any longer than that (sorry Tinkles).

Lord Grantham

Getting better more cat medicine everyday.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Lord Grantham on December 30, 2017, 09:12:00 AM
Getting better more cat medicine everyday.

This is a tipping point for Heather.  By this time next year she'll have 20 cats - one for each listener.

KNYE is dropping MITD. Are there any affiliates left?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 30, 2017, 02:31:51 PM

I wonder if that means they are finally going to tell Art he can’t use his @knye email address.

Considering how good she must be by now, I wonder what scintillating programming they are replacing her with.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 30, 2017, 03:02:16 PM
I wonder if that means they are finally going to tell Art he can’t use his @knye email address.

Hard to imagine that he gets many emails anymore.

according to Heather they are switching from talk radio to an "all music format"

Robert

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 30, 2017, 12:35:11 AMHeather is pretty lax with whether or not these predictions were dings or bonks.
Anybody got a listing of each year's predictions on MITD?  You can't copyright facts, so no problem there as long as it's not a transcript.  I just figure easier than listening, which I tried to do last night but mostly slept thru.  Eastern Time.  I've always been much more interested in the previous year's, because I don't want to do the work of keeping track of them to see if they come true, so I don't care to witness the ones for the coming year.  The way Mr. Bell did it IIRC was to front-load the review of the previous year's, so I could go to sleep.  Same thing on Nightline IIRC.

Robert

Quote from: Nobody on December 30, 2017, 04:21:52 AMThis last programme was Heather's New Year's Prediction Show, so Mr. N is going to throw his topee in the ring: MITD will be gone by or before 30 June of 2018.
That'd be a hilarious prediction to have made on the show, because if you're right you'd never get the ding-ding-ding.

SergeantMajor

Yes. There are 2.

Loma Linda â€" KCAA â€" 1050 AM, 106.5 FM and Chattaroy â€" KJMR-LP â€" 97.7 FM, The latter doesn't seem to list the schedule.

Quote from: Robert on December 30, 2017, 05:05:41 PM
Anybody got a listing of each year's predictions on MITD?  You can't copyright facts, so no problem there as long as it's not a transcript.  I just figure easier than listening, which I tried to do last night but mostly slept thru.  Eastern Time.  I've always been much more interested in the previous year's, because I don't want to do the work of keeping track of them to see if they come true, so I don't care to witness the ones for the coming year.  The way Mr. Bell did it IIRC was to front-load the review of the previous year's, so I could go to sleep.  Same thing on Nightline IIRC.

One prediction:

Heather Wade will still suck. And like The Snorge, will agree with callers and guests NO Matter what shite they spew. Buh Leave Me.

Quote from: Lamont Cranston on December 30, 2017, 07:41:36 PM
One prediction:

Heather Wade will still suck. And like The Snorge, will agree with callers and guests NO Matter what shite they spew. Buh Leave Me.

Art wanted us to know that the skill set required to host and run one's own board is different from talent appraisal, and that his friends don't feel they can be honest with him:

Quote from: Art Bell on March 23, 2017, 10:30:48 PM
... I will say again that Heather is miles and miles better in the last Year and that is my Professional judgment, it is also the Judgment of many people I respect...

Art