• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Twitter Censorship

Started by Norm, January 21, 2018, 12:49:08 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2018, 06:06:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_4dPBw8npk

Awwww bless...put a bible in the picture with a few rounds of ammunition.. Cos Jesus believed in killing people...Oh wait.

Sickening that the snakeoil salesman Jones sees himself as a defender of the Constitution.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 03:32:28 PM

My opinion?

First off I accept that most politicians are the same whatever their colours. Many (not all by any means) of all colours do it for the power, either perceived or actual. A great many genuinely feel they can do good for their constituents. A great many do do good work and do it for all: A case in point is from NI and the very visceral ingrained partisan politics that are driven by the Catholic/Protestant divide. Ian Paisley was an alleged Christian and man of the cloth to boot. He was also a DUP MP and said publically that the pope was the anti Christ. All that being said the Catholics in his constituency never said that he treated them worse than his Protestants constituents. He held his surgeries open to all and helped all.

Now, he isn't the only MP like that. MP's as a rule don't ask a constituent who they voted for or their religion (if any) before listening or dealing with any query that a constituent may have. That extends to the career civil servants which include the police, the security services and even down to paper shufflers who work in various town halls. Those civil servants do a job, often thankless, frequently (especially with the police and security services) dangerous and sometimes fatal to the individuals without public knowledge or fanfare.
I have no reason to believe that its generally any different in most western societies, including the US.

What has happened in recent days is the GOP because, and only because they have carried the ass of Trump who is in panic mode because his various current and ex subjects have leaked their experiences to the press about the facts of life that Mueller and his colleagues have extracted from them, have attempted to undermine the very institutions who keep us all safe in one way or another. The GOP, many of whom know better have allowed themselves to take leave of their senses and bought into the Trump mantra that all press must be fake (With the notable exception of Trump news, Alex Jones and Breitbart) if Trump disagrees with the story. If Trump agrees, in Trump world, it's true. If someone says something (non press) and Trump doesn't like what he hears, he has to say something disparaging and call that person names, even if the week before he was singing their praises..The GOP obviously have bought into this childish charade and know that to keep him interested, they have to publically fawn and be craven to him. His ego can't tolerate any other position. Loyalty to him, and him alone or out.

He fired Comey because Comey wouldn't let the Flynn investigation go. Trump has tweeted (December 2017) that Flynn was let go because he lied to the FBI and Pence..But that wasn't what he said in February 2017. It was only said he'd lied to the FBI on the day he appeared in court. So why did Trump lie about it? Why does he lie about  everything when ironically, telling the truth would be better for him!

The GOP support and help nurture the attacks on the FBI and the CIA (Which Trump famously described as being Nazis before he addressed them stood in front of their wall of the fallen to say how he won the election, naturally)..What if the GOP had them dismantled? What will you replace it with? The Trump army? Trumpdefence inc? Trumpinvestigations inc? How will they be vetted? First and primary demand will be unwavering devotion to Trump and his successors? Bear in mind that is Trump's primary demand. Is that what you'd be willing to have? Unless Trump approves it, it won't happen? And if he wants it to happen, you have no say if you don't?

Are either the FBI and CIA (and the police and Security services throughout the west) perfect? Absolutely not, and never have or will be. But to have politicians who know better attempt to dismantle them with idiotic, vacuous conspiracy theories aided and abetted by Hannity and Alex Jones is dangerous to us all. You might not think they do, but they keep the really bad guys from hurting you. You'd sure miss them if they weren't there.

You asked. That's my view.
Paisley, a good guy and could preach/rant with the best of him. I liked his Papal protests the best and it would appear, to some degree, considering all the child-sex scandals that the Church hid for many decades, he might have been right about the Pope, though Anti-Christ might be a bit strong?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 06:09:16 PM

Awwww bless...put a bible in the picture with a few rounds of ammunition.. Cos Jesus believed in killing people...Oh wait.

Sickening that the snakeoil salesman Jones sees himself as a defender of the Constitution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4Yzif8jQY

pyewacket

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 26, 2018, 05:45:27 PM
Do you have any pictures of your Grossmutter in a stopzenfrumflappen und mittenheinderbeinder?

She did do some modeling after she got kicked out of The League of German Girls.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 06:09:16 PM

Are those cartridges blanks?

GravitySucks

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 06:16:31 PM
She did do some modeling after she got kicked out of The League of German Girls.

Der wiener bilder?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 26, 2018, 06:26:16 PM
Are those cartridges blanks?

sunk percussion cap so maybe..Jesus fired blanks? Say it ain't so.

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 05:51:13 PM
Nope..But in this instance the Republicans are in possession of all three houses. Therefore it is only them that can have influence that can change things or keep things the same. Trump gets his news from Hannity, they speak to each other nearly every day apparently, Hannity's boss Murdoch the same. Trump tweets what he sees on Fox (Although he claims he has no time to watch TV, even though its widely reported he watches it most of the day). His tweets we're told by his press lackies are policy. It matters. What the POTUS says has gravity, even if later he denies he said it.

The GOP are aiding and abetting his delusions, his narcissism, and his chronic insecurity. Even if privately they laugh at his idiocy and insecurity, publically they straight faced parrot his mantra that he's a genius! A genius? Seriously? He can't pick up a glass of water one handed or speak in a vocabulary higher than a backward chimp.

When the GOP swamp stop pandering to his need to be adored they might earn some respect.

Wow- that's a whole lot of vitriol, assumptions, and I don't know what else. It is hard to respond to this type of post. Can you boil this all down to the essence of the issue in one or two sentences? I am not trying to cramp your style but to quote Cicero, "Brevity is the great charm of eloquence".   

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 06:33:27 PM
Wow- that's a whole lot of vitriol, assumptions, and I don't know what else. It is hard to respond to this type of post. Can you boil this all down to the essence of the issue in one or two sentences? I am not trying to cramp your style but to quote Cicero, "Brevity is the great charm of eloquence".

Oh if you insist: Trump is a 71 year old toddler who isn't that bright and lies all the time about almost anything and everything to (in his mind) protect himself and the GOP pander to it irrespective to what he says or does to anyone or what harm it is doing. And that is harming the country. Succinct enough sweetcheeks?

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 06:36:57 PM

Oh if you insist: Trump is a 71 year old toddler who isn't that bright and lies all the time about almost anything and everything to (in his mind) protect himself and the GOP pander to it irrespective to what he says or does to anyone or what harm it is doing. And that is harming the country. Succinct enough sweetcheeks?

We're getting there, Lambchops.

Dr. MD MD

I think it's a much needed improvement. ;D

pyewacket

This is a very good start and allows me to understand some of the sources of your angst.

Here's my point, you mentioned 71 years old- would 61 or 41 make a difference or is his age truly that important?

What does "toddler" add to this conversation? Obviously that is not chronologically correct. If by the term you are trying to infer that his behavior can be erratic, then why not say that you think he is too erratic for that position? Sometimes erratic behavior is a good tactic when dealing with people who are overly confident in their assumptions about your intentions. It does throw them off and make them think more carefully. This tactic is used in competitions, sports, war- so why not politics? Head fakes, false gestures can make the difference to a win from a loss. Is a quarterback who fakes a pass and then runs it to the endzone  guilty of lying? It makes the opposition commit resources to counter his "lie" if you will, which removes those resources from being used on his subsequent action. A smart opponent will know that this could be a trick and will not shy away from using this tactic themselves when it is to their benefit.

Is pandering unique to the republicans in your opinion? You have never seen the democrats ever pander to anyone? Let's see, welfare, Uranium, DACA, - does that ring any bells? Can we scratch that as being a unique trait of Donald Trump?

In my opinion, President Trump is far more open about his intentions and is pretty consistent in his vision of putting America first- not America only, but America first. When he proposes his plan of action and comes up against opposition, he may see it as beneficial or necessary to change his approach. This is nothing new in people or nature- ever seen a cheetah run down an Impala? Are you going to criticize the cheetah for being erratic in its pursuit or the Impala for trying to avoid the inevitable? I think not.
The ability to make quick, decisive changes to accomplish goals is a sought after personality trait in the business world. Evidence would suggest that both President Trump and the cheetah are well suited to survive in their environments. So can we strike that part of your statement as being a negative aspect of Donald Trump's personality?

Here's what I distilled down from your statement: Donald Trump is a successful businessman, who employs well vetted business tactics, within the environment of the political arena, to accomplish his vision for revitalizing the United States of America.

As for "harming the country"- when you get a decayed tooth pulled and it hurts, do you make the claim that the dentist is harming you or do you accept it as a painful necessity to improve your overall health for the future? It's just a matter of perspective.

I am assuming that you make these posts not just to hear your head roar, but to sway people with opposing viewpoints over to your point of view. The terrified Impala and the terrified person sitting in the dentist chair will probably agree with you. However, those of us who are looking at the bigger picture see this temporary pain as necessary for achieving a better future for us all.

See ya later, Impala.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 07:57:51 PM
This is a very good start and allows me to understand some of the sources of your angst.

Here's my point, you mentioned 71 years old- would 61 or 41 make a difference or is his age truly that important?

What does "toddler" add to this conversation? Obviously that is not chronologically correct. If by the term you are trying to infer that his behavior can be erratic, then why not say that you think he is too erratic for that position? Sometimes erratic behavior is a good tactic when dealing with people who are overly confident in their assumptions about your intentions. It does throw them off and make them think more carefully. This tactic is used in competitions, sports, war- so why not politics? Head fakes, false gestures can make the difference to a win from a loss. Is a quarterback who fakes a pass and then runs it to the endzone  guilty of lying? It makes the opposition commit resources to counter his "lie" if you will, which removes those resources from being used on his subsequent action. A smart opponent will know that this could be a trick and will not shy away from using this tactic themselves when it is to their benefit.

Is pandering unique to the republicans in your opinion? You have never seen the democrats ever pander to anyone? Let's see, welfare, Uranium, DACA, - does that ring any bells? Can we scratch that as being a unique trait of Donald Trump?

In my opinion, President Trump is far more open about his intentions and is pretty consistent in his vision of putting America first- not America only, but America first. When he proposes his plan of action and comes up against opposition, he may see it as beneficial or necessary to change his approach. This is nothing new in people or nature- ever seen a cheetah run down an Impala? Are you going to criticize the cheetah for being erratic in its pursuit or the Impala for trying to avoid the inevitable? I think not.
The ability to make quick, decisive changes to accomplish goals is a sought after personality trait in the business world. Evidence would suggest that both President Trump and the cheetah are well suited to survive in their environments. So can we strike that part of your statement as being a negative aspect of Donald Trump's personality?

Here's what I distilled down from your statement: Donald Trump is a successful businessman, who employs well vetted business tactics, within the environment of the political arena, to accomplish his vision for revitalizing the United States of America.

As for "harming the country"- when you get a decayed tooth pulled and it hurts, do you make the claim that the dentist is harming you or do you accept it as a painful necessity to improve your overall health for the future? It's just a matter of perspective.

I am assuming that you make these posts not just to hear your head roar, but to sway people with opposing viewpoints over to your point of view. The terrified Impala and the terrified person sitting in the dentist chair will probably agree with you. However, those of us who are looking at the bigger picture see this temporary pain as necessary for achieving a better future for us all.

;D ;D ;D

ItsOver

Very nice post, Pyewacket.  A refreshing change from the usual mudslinging.  Good to see you on BellGab again.

pyewacket

Quote from: ItsOver on January 26, 2018, 08:25:11 PM
Very nice post , Pyewacket.  A refreshing change from the usual mudslinging.  Good to see you on BellGab again.

Thank you, IO. I just thought I'd get my two cents in before this place collapses onto itself.  ;) I'm gonna miss all you guys,  some of you, well, a few of you anyway.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 07:57:51 PM

When I said pandering, I meant they pander to him personally.. You know, like the salesman to Julia Roberts' character in Pretty Woman? Sychophantic, craven, supine,

I think he would be gratified and smile sagely in the mirror for your obsequious oversight of his woeful shortcomings. African predators? It's an unfortunate analogy of Trump. Cheetahs (and I've been very fortunate to see one in the wild) sleep most of the day, hidden. They have to because the energy they expend to hunt is anaerobic and total to exhaustion. They have to catch their prey first time or go hungry for many hours, possibly days. They're also vulnerable to bigger predators, such as lions and hyenas. Impala on the other hand have more chance of surviving an attack from a cheetah than being caught and killed.

Anyway, that and teeth aside. I'll address the bold section. He isn't a successful businessman per se. He's bankrupted at least five times, (Not sure if any were before or after he dodged Vietnam) he had a university that was a sham university, (Fined $25 million). He's been sued over 2000 times and lost nearly every one, although he seldom pays out, because he's not an honourable businessman-(Swamp draining remember). He had a big fanfare for a casino that closed ten years later under suspicion of money laundering. He cannot get one US bank lend him money, not one. He is under several inquiries, including money laundering. Steve Bannon, his faithful ex pet poodle is quoted as saying that Mueller will be looking at money laundering.

As for making quick decisive decisions? You're joking right? He doesn't remember what he said two minutes before he said anything he then goes on to disagree with. And that's not counting how often he tweets something that countermands what the 'official' WH statement is, or they have to 'clarify' some bollox he's tweeted. Mueller's job is made far easier because Trump doesn't even have the sense to keep his mouth shut over things his lawyers must be shitting themselves over.

Cheetahs are beautiful animals (Most unlike Trump), but they don't have much stamina, and they're endangered.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 09:26:30 PM

Cheetahs are beautiful animals (Most unlike Trump), but they don't have much stamina, and they're endangered.  ;)
Much to do with you folks hunting them, becoming trendy as pets during an odd era in British rock history, and poaching and the natives. But a SERIOUS question:

Are there really "English Muffins?" No, not Essex girls on a night out wearing sleazy get-ups showing stomachs but the bread product. I'm sure you've noticed them here, in the States, stuff, like "Thomas's," and others, as "English Muffins?" I haven't been everywhere in the country from which you fled  ;) but I never recall seeing such things. I, of course, didn't go everywhere or go into every store/restaurant BUT they are marketed here as "English Muffins," so, one might reasonably assume, if not knowledgeable about advertising, that  they would be ubiquitous there...but I never saw. Your namesake, sure, pasties, rolls, and etc but I never saw the same thing. It is weird. Are "English Muffins" a real thing???! They are ok but just weird. Are they a "real" thing over there?!!

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on January 26, 2018, 10:08:34 PM
Are "English Muffins" a real thing???! They are ok but just weird. Are they a "real" thing over there?!!

In England they’re just called muffins.

I wonder when they have a cup of “English breakfast” tea do they just say, “I’ll have a cup of breakfast”. 🤔

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on January 26, 2018, 10:08:34 PM
Much to do with you folks hunting them, becoming trendy as pets during an odd era in British rock history, and poaching and the natives. But a SERIOUS question:

Are there really "English Muffins?" No, not Essex girls on a night out wearing sleazy get-ups showing stomachs but the bread product. I'm sure you've noticed them here, in the States, stuff, like "Thomas's," and others, as "English Muffins?" I haven't been everywhere in the country from which you fled  ;) but I never recall seeing such things. I, of course, didn't go everywhere or go into every store/restaurant BUT they are marketed here as "English Muffins," so, one might reasonably assume, if not knowledgeable about advertising, that  they would be ubiquitous there...but I never saw. Your namesake, sure, pasties, rolls, and etc but I never saw the same thing. It is weird. Are "English Muffins" a real thing???! They are ok but just weird. Are they a "real" thing over there?!!

You never sang the song about “Do you know the muffin man?” As a kid?

albrecht

GIS5150 and GS:
good points. I just don't recall ever seeing or having them there. But see them everywhere here. Maybe they are there but I always had toast there, which I like how they bring out on little metal toast racks in some places (why don't we do that, dammit?) Weird, that I missed out a common "thing."

TigerLily

At the risk of being branded an arrogant, bullying, know-it-all ...

Crumpet is basically an American English muffin

Ingredients
50ml vegetable oil
225g plain flour, sifted
150ml whole milk
150ml water
1tsp dried fast-action yeast
½tsp caster sugar
½tsp salt
50g butter

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on January 26, 2018, 11:47:28 PM

Ingredients
50ml vegetable oil
225g plain flour, sifted
150ml whole milk
150ml water
½tsp caster sugar
½tsp salt
50g butter

STFU and pass the Marmite

SredniVashtar

Quote from: TigerLily on January 26, 2018, 11:47:28 PM

Ingredients
50ml vegetable oil
225g plain flour, sifted
150ml whole milk
150ml water
½tsp caster sugar
½tsp salt
50g butter

Nooooooo! They are very different.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 27, 2018, 03:47:05 AM
Nooooooo! They are very different.

Indeed. I haven't seen crumpets here. Nor chocolate digestives, nor proper back bacon.. :(

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 27, 2018, 08:28:27 AM
Indeed. I haven't seen crumpets here. Nor chocolate digestives, nor proper back bacon.. :(

What a ghastly dump you fled to.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 27, 2018, 08:43:50 AM

We're OK with him going back...REALLY! :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 27, 2018, 08:43:50 AM

The task is arduous, but eventually I hope to educate the colonials.  >:(

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 27, 2018, 09:50:05 AM
The task is arduous, but eventually I hope to educate the colonials.  >:(

Christ, that place sounds like a crummier version of Bangladesh. You should have hooked up with someone from the Falklands instead. I'm sure you'd get a chocolate digestive there. And if the wife kicked you out there are plenty of sheep if you felt lonely.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 27, 2018, 09:55:52 AM
Christ, that place sounds like a crummier version of Bangladesh. You should have hooked up with someone from the Falklands instead. I'm sure you'd get a chocolate digestive there. And if the wife kicked you out there are plenty of sheep if you felt lonely.

I don't like the cold. It gets pretty chilly here this time of year too. This is offset by the unbearably hot summers.