• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Twitter Censorship

Started by Norm, January 21, 2018, 12:49:08 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 02:13:21 PM
Collusion will be small spuds compared with the shit the Trump circus is going to find itself in.. That is of course if the GOP stand by their much lauded belief in letting the separation of powers stand and not try to undermine the institutions within..They wouldn't want to be accused of being Trump cultists and only Trump cultists and not having the best interests of the USA at heart and therefore be hypocrites after all. Now would they?  ;)

You're shitting your pants. :D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 02:18:19 PM
Then lay it all out here for us, Pud. Who has the best interest of the USA at heart and what does that actually mean to you? Give us some examples. Sincere question - I would like to understand what you think is going on.

Oh, look! Eva Braun's back. I know we can't count on your presence for long, that Paraguayan internet being what it is.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2018, 02:25:19 PM
You're shitting your pants. :D

What over? That Trump might get us into nuclear war with one of his idiotic tweets? Yes, absolutely.. That he might say something vaguely comprehensible? Not so much.

pyewacket

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 26, 2018, 02:33:32 PM
Oh, look! Eva Braun's back. I know we can't count on your presence for long, that Paraguayan internet being what it is.

SV-long time, no sass. Why do you keep trying to link me with that Schicklgruber fellow? I understand that he is your obsession  - but I would advise you to seek out a more wholesome role model, like Charlie Chaplin- he sort of looks like the other fellow- right? Plus, I think you and Charlie share a particular hobby.

He used to throw custard pies at naked women.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 02:52:28 PM

What over? That Trump might get us into nuclear war with one of his idiotic tweets? Yes, absolutely.. That he might say something vaguely comprehensible? Not so much.

Good old The sky is falling! pud. How could we ever take you serious? ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 02:18:19 PM
Then lay it all out here for us, Pud. Who has the best interest of the USA at heart and what does that actually mean to you? Give us some examples. Sincere question - I would like to understand what you think is going on.

My opinion?

First off I accept that most politicians are the same whatever their colours. Many (not all by any means) of all colours do it for the power, either perceived or actual. A great many genuinely feel they can do good for their constituents. A great many do do good work and do it for all: A case in point is from NI and the very visceral ingrained partisan politics that are driven by the Catholic/Protestant divide. Ian Paisley was an alleged Christian and man of the cloth to boot. He was also a DUP MP and said publically that the pope was the anti Christ. All that being said the Catholics in his constituency never said that he treated them worse than his Protestants constituents. He held his surgeries open to all and helped all.

Now, he isn't the only MP like that. MP's as a rule don't ask a constituent who they voted for or their religion (if any) before listening or dealing with any query that a constituent may have. That extends to the career civil servants which include the police, the security services and even down to paper shufflers who work in various town halls. Those civil servants do a job, often thankless, frequently (especially with the police and security services) dangerous and sometimes fatal to the individuals without public knowledge or fanfare.
I have no reason to believe that its generally any different in most western societies, including the US.

What has happened in recent days is the GOP because, and only because they have carried the ass of Trump who is in panic mode because his various current and ex subjects have leaked their experiences to the press about the facts of life that Mueller and his colleagues have extracted from them, have attempted to undermine the very institutions who keep us all safe in one way or another. The GOP, many of whom know better have allowed themselves to take leave of their senses and bought into the Trump mantra that all press must be fake (With the notable exception of Trump news, Alex Jones and Breitbart) if Trump disagrees with the story. If Trump agrees, in Trump world, it's true. If someone says something (non press) and Trump doesn't like what he hears, he has to say something disparaging and call that person names, even if the week before he was singing their praises..The GOP obviously have bought into this childish charade and know that to keep him interested, they have to publically fawn and be craven to him. His ego can't tolerate any other position. Loyalty to him, and him alone or out.

He fired Comey because Comey wouldn't let the Flynn investigation go. Trump has tweeted (December 2017) that Flynn was let go because he lied to the FBI and Pence..But that wasn't what he said in February 2017. It was only said he'd lied to the FBI on the day he appeared in court. So why did Trump lie about it? Why does he lie about  everything when ironically, telling the truth would be better for him!

The GOP support and help nurture the attacks on the FBI and the CIA (Which Trump famously described as being Nazis before he addressed them stood in front of their wall of the fallen to say how he won the election, naturally)..What if the GOP had them dismantled? What will you replace it with? The Trump army? Trumpdefence inc? Trumpinvestigations inc? How will they be vetted? First and primary demand will be unwavering devotion to Trump and his successors? Bear in mind that is Trump's primary demand. Is that what you'd be willing to have? Unless Trump approves it, it won't happen? And if he wants it to happen, you have no say if you don't?

Are either the FBI and CIA (and the police and Security services throughout the west) perfect? Absolutely not, and never have or will be. But to have politicians who know better attempt to dismantle them with idiotic, vacuous conspiracy theories aided and abetted by Hannity and Alex Jones is dangerous to us all. You might not think they do, but they keep the really bad guys from hurting you. You'd sure miss them if they weren't there.

You asked. That's my view.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2018, 03:25:27 PM
Good old The sky is falling! pud. How could we ever take you serious? ;D

You'd better let these guys know then...They'd been doing it since the 50s.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-42823734

Growing concerns about a possible nuclear war and other global threats have pushed forward the symbolic Doomsday Clock by 30 seconds - to just two minutes before midnight.

The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (BAS) said it had acted because the world was becoming "more dangerous".

The clock, created by the journal in 1947, is a metaphor for how close mankind is to destroying the Earth.

It is now the closest to the apocalypse it has been since 1953.

That was the year when the US and the Soviet Union tested hydrogen bombs.

Last year, the clock was also moved forward by 30 seconds.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 03:32:28 PM

My opinion?

First off I accept that most politicians are the same whatever their colours. Many (not all by any means) of all colours do it for the power, either perceived or actual. A great many genuinely feel they can do good for their constituents. A great many do do good work and do it for all: A case in point is from NI and the very visceral ingrained partisan politics that are driven by the Catholic/Protestant divide. Ian Paisley was an alleged Christian and man of the cloth to boot. He was also a DUP MP and said publically that the pope was the anti Christ. All that being said the Catholics in his constituency never said that he treated them worse than his Protestants constituents. He held his surgeries open to all and helped all.

Now, he isn't the only MP like that. MP's as a rule don't ask a constituent who they voted for or their religion (if any) before listening or dealing with any query that a constituent may have. That extends to the career civil servants which include the police, the security services and even down to paper shufflers who work in various town halls. Those civil servants do a job, often thankless, frequently (especially with the police and security services) dangerous and sometimes fatal to the individuals without public knowledge or fanfare.
I have no reason to believe that its generally any different in most western societies, including the US.

What has happened in recent days is the GOP because, and only because they have carried the ass of Trump who is in panic mode because his various current and ex subjects have leaked their experiences to the press about the facts of life that Mueller and his colleagues have extracted from them. The GOP, many of whom know better have allowed themselves to take leave of their senses and bought into the Trump mantra that all press must be fake (With the notable exception of Trump news, Alex Jones and Breitbart) if Trump disagrees with the story. If Trump agrees, in Trump world, it's true. If someone says something (non press) and Trump doesn't like what he hears, he has to say something disparaging and call that person names, even if the week before he was singing their praises..The GOP obviously have bought into this childish charade and know that to keep him interested, they have to publically fawn and be craven to him. His ego can't tolerate any other position. Loyalty to him, and him alone or out.

He fired Comey because Comey wouldn't let the Flynn investigation go. Trump has tweeted (December 2017) that Flynn was let go because he lied to the FBI and Pence..But that wasn't what he said in February 2017. It was only said he'd lied to the FBI on the day he appeared in court. So why did Trump lie about it? Why does he lie about  everything when ironically, telling the truth would be better for him!

The GOP support and help nurture the attacks on the FBI and the CIA (Which Trump famously described as being Nazis before he addressed them stood in front of their wall of the fallen to say how he won the election, naturally)..What if the GOP had them dismantled? What will you replace it with? The Trump army? Trumpdefence inc? Trumpinvestigations inc? How will they be vetted? First and primary demand will be unwavering devotion to Trump and his successors? Bear in mind that is Trump's primary demand. Is that what you'd be willing to have? Unless Trump approves it, it won't happen? And if he wants it to happen, you have no say if you don't?

Are either the FBI and CIA (and the police and Security services throughout the west) perfect? Absolutely not, and never have or will be. But to have politicians who know better attempt to dismantle them with idiotic, vacuous conspiracy theories aided and abetted by Hannity and Alex Jones is dangerous to us all. You might not think they do, but they keep the really bad guys from hurting you. You'd sure miss them if they weren't there.

Spoken like one of them. For awhile now they seem to be more into hurting people than they help them. I know, I know...dismissed by the term conspiracy theory. ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar on January 26, 2018, 03:37:46 PM
tl;dr

Get one of your flower customers do an audio file for you and you can listen to it on your deliveries.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2018, 03:40:00 PM
Spoken like one of them. For awhile now they seem to be more into hurting people than they help them. I know, I know...dismissed by the term conspiracy theory. ::)

Spoken like one of whom? I mentioned Catholics, Protestants, MPs, GOP, FBI, CIA, police, constituents and other security services.

Yorkshire pud

I think it ironic the title of this thread..and the twitter in chief is allowed to tweet whatever crap he pleases. I wish someone would censor what he says.

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 03:48:10 PM
I think it ironic the title of this thread..and the twitter in chief is allowed to tweet whatever crap he pleases. I wish someone would censor what he says.

Gd5150

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 03:48:10 PM
I wish someone would censor...
Yes we know. The modern progressive left prides itself on censorship. They can’t win open debate so they’re forced to rely on censorship. Be it the internet, the classroom, the newsroom. The left is a joke, and you confirm it everyday. Thanks for your help.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 26, 2018, 04:01:40 PM
Yes we know. The modern progressive left prides itself on censorship. They can’t win open debate so they’re forced to rely on censorship. Be it the internet, the classroom, the newsroom. The left is a joke, and you confirm it everyday. Thanks for your help.

Choo choo...Show ONE tweet of Trump that Twitter has censored...ONE. Incidentally, you know in his campaign, Trump voiced his desire to have a means of censoring the internet, don't you?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/10/trump-wants-to-censor-the-press/542142/

http://fortune.com/2015/12/08/donald-trump-bill-gates-internet/

At a campaign rally aboard the USS Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, S.C., Trump suggested that Microsoft (MSFT, +1.90%) founder Bill Gates, could possibly help censor parts of the online world. “We’re losing a lot of people because of the Internet,” Trump said. “We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way.”

“Somebody will say, ‘Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech,'” he added, dismissing the objection with an arm wave. “These are foolish people.”

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 03:32:28 PM

My opinion?

What has happened in recent days is the GOP because, and only because they have carried the ass of Trump who is in panic mode because his various current and ex subjects have leaked their experiences to the press about the facts of life that Mueller and his colleagues have extracted from them, have attempted to undermine the very institutions who keep us all safe in one way or another. The GOP, many of whom know better have allowed themselves to take leave of their senses and bought into the Trump mantra that all press must be fake (With the notable exception of Trump news, Alex Jones and Breitbart) if Trump disagrees with the story. If Trump agrees, in Trump world, it's true. If someone says something (non press) and Trump doesn't like what he hears, he has to say something disparaging and call that person names, even if the week before he was singing their praises..The GOP obviously have bought into this childish charade and know that to keep him interested, they have to publically fawn and be craven to him. His ego can't tolerate any other position. Loyalty to him, and him alone or out.

Whew! I did ask, after all. Thank you for your effort but I am still not sure I understand you.

This might help us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlMS-x7muVY

Gd5150

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 03:34:55 PM
You'd better let these guys know then...They'd been doing it since the 50s.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-42823734

Growing concerns about a possible nuclear war and other global threats have pushed forward the symbolic Doomsday Clock by 30 seconds - to just two minutes before midnight.

The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (BAS) said it had acted because the world was becoming "more dangerous".

The clock, created by the journal in 1947, is a metaphor for how close mankind is to destroying the Earth.

It is now the closest to the apocalypse it has been since 1953.

That was the year when the US and the Soviet Union tested hydrogen bombs.

Last year, the clock was also moved forward by 30 seconds.

Perhaps the left should stop with all their unsubstantiated accusations of Russia every time they don’t get their way. Scary fake news. 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 04:04:49 PM
Whew! I did ask, after all. Thank you for your effort but I am still not sure I understand you.

This might help us all.

Yeah, that would sum up what such has Hannity and Nunes are attempting..

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 26, 2018, 04:04:58 PM
Perhaps the left should stop with all their unsubstantiated accusations of Russia every time they don’t get their way. Scary fake news. 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Choo choo..

pyewacket

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 04:08:29 PM
Yeah, that would sum up what such has Hannity and Nunes are attempting..

Are you saying that only one side is guilty?

GravitySucks

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 04:04:49 PM

This might help us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlMS-x7muVY

But in typical Pud fashion he typed a lot of words and didn’t answer your question.

pyewacket

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 26, 2018, 04:20:27 PM
But in typical Pud fashion he typed a lot of words and didn’t answer your question.

To be fair, Pud does put in the effort to respond to my questions. He does seem to try to express himself and I give him high marks for his efforts. I take the time to read what he has written and sometimes reread parts but it tends to make me forget what my original question was.

I wondered if my Grossmutter's enigma machine would help, but I doubt it, because the fuehrer stole too many gears from it to repair his getaway U-boat.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUInWKK8ROc

She never did trust him again, and after that, he stopped coming to the house for Christmas Schnapps.

GravitySucks

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 05:40:39 PM
To be fair, Pud does put in the effort to respond to my questions. He does seem to try to express himself and I give him high marks for his efforts. I take the time to read what he has written and sometimes reread parts but it tends to make me forget what my original question was.

I wondered if my Grossmutter's enigma machine would help, but I doubt it, because the fuehrer stole too many gears from it to repair his getaway U-boat.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUInWKK8ROc

She never did trust him again, and after that, he stopped coming to the house for Christmas Schnapps.

Do you have any pictures of your Grossmutter in a stopzenfrumflappen und mittenheinderbeinder?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pyewacket on January 26, 2018, 04:12:12 PM
Are you saying that only one side is guilty?

Nope..But in this instance the Republicans are in possession of all three houses. Therefore it is only them that can have influence that can change things or keep things the same. Trump gets his news from Hannity, they speak to each other nearly every day apparently, Hannity's boss Murdoch the same. Trump tweets what he sees on Fox (Although he claims he has no time to watch TV, even though its widely reported he watches it most of the day). His tweets we're told by his press lackies are policy. It matters. What the POTUS says has gravity, even if later he denies he said it.

The GOP are aiding and abetting his delusions, his narcissism, and his chronic insecurity. Even if privately they laugh at his idiocy and insecurity, publically they straight faced parrot his mantra that he's a genius! A genius? Seriously? He can't pick up a glass of water one handed or speak in a vocabulary higher than a backward chimp.

When the GOP swamp stop pandering to his need to be adored they might earn some respect.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 05:51:13 PM
Nope..But in this instance the Republicans are in possession of all three houses. Therefore it is only them that can have influence that can change things or keep things the same. Trump gets his news from Hannity, they speak to each other nearly every day apparently, Hannity's boss Murdoch the same. Trump tweets what he sees on Fox (Although he claims he has no time to watch TV, even though its widely reported he watches it most of the day). His tweets we're told by his press lackies are policy. It matters. What the POTUS says has gravity, even if later he denies he said it.

The GOP are aiding and abetting his delusions, his narcissism, and his chronic insecurity. Even if privately they laugh at his idiocy and insecurity, publically they straight faced parrot his mantra that he's a genius! A genius? Seriously? He can't pick up a glass of water one handed or speak in a vocabulary higher than a backward chimp.

When the GOP swamp stop pandering to his need to be adored they might earn some respect.

I don't think they really want respect from people like you...not the cool ones, anyway. :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 26, 2018, 05:58:01 PM
I don't think they really want respect from people like you...not the cool ones, anyway. :D

They will in about 6 months from now...badly. It might be quite amusing to see the Dems use Trump's and the GOP's reps own sound bites against them. Might explain why quite a lot are retiring from politics. Ryan for one is on a hiding to nothing.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 26, 2018, 06:00:20 PM

They will in about 6 months from now...badly. It might be quite amusing to see the Dems use Trump's and the GOP's reps own sound bites against them. Might explain why quite a lot are retiring from politics. Ryan for one is on a hiding to nothing.

Just getting rid of the deadwood, draining the swamp, etc. You really think the Dems will have a chance with so many of them going on trail? ???