• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Solving Hitler's WUNDERWAFFE delima's: The road to victory in 1947

Started by Swishypants, November 12, 2017, 06:35:15 AM

Swishypants

V-5 DFS BOMBERSEGLER: Silent Supersonic pin-point Dive-Bomber

Speed: 700mph+
Range: 16 nautical miles
Payload: 1, (750lb.) High Explosive Bomb (Fragmentation or Incendiary)

Towed into position at 27,000 feet by a BF-109G to with-in 7-10 miles of target, detaches and glides at over Mach 1 to it's target. Releases the bomb, and climbs out, and back out to sea.

Dilemma: Pilot Recovery

Recovery was the question on this design that never came to fruition. The answer is simple. The cockpit of the supersonic sailplane is a mini-sub. After the strike the pilot pulls out over the coast, skims the water until splash-down; pulls a handle that discharges three explosive bolts, and the cockpit runs on an electrically powered out-board mini-motor that guides it to an awaiting submarine with docking bay for extraction. The weapon would be perfect for night-time assassination of high-profile politicians and generals.

Swishypants

You could also use them for Infiltrator Insertion, and if the target was over 10 miles in-land/behind enemy lines, the pilot could wear civie clothes and ditch the glider in a field then meld into the population to be retrieved at a later date. It's just a glider and rocket motor. Nothing top secret would be lost. A built-in, timed, flammable detonation charge could also be standard equipment. 

The glider is wood/epoxy/silk/resin and there-fore, STEALTH with the right paint! At night it would be invisible to radar and the human eye and way ahead of it's sonic boom. It's also tiny! During it's short mission, it's doubtful even modern NV's and FLIR would be useless against it. AAA and night fighters of the period would have stood zero chance of downing it before it delivered it's payload and pilot.

In fact, he could kill a high profile general with the bomb, then infiltrate and cause all kinds of chaos behind the lines, and then be extracted. Plastic explosive, and det-coord are light and cheap! Take out a train track, and mine/blow a road, petrol refinery, water-works, sewer system, paved air-strip, police or fire station, cafe's, libraries, offices, random homes! SNAKE P'LISKIN shit!  ;D 

That done many times would have been devastating in a way Panzers and Focke-Wulfz could never be! Two months of it, and the C&C, moral and logistics of the enemy would be ruined forever! And at a very low cost! It would still be effective to this very day! No tech-tree involved. Only imagination, will power, and balls! Three Dozen Operations and you would have won. Cost on 50 of these would have been nil.

Swishypants

With proper forethought this could have been done from the very beginning of the entire War in 1938. WWII would have lasted about a year with a lasting 3rd Reich victory.

Swishypants

Eat your own ass! I could have been an Operation Paperclip bring-back!  :D

Nobody

Quote from: ItsOver on November 14, 2017, 08:05:05 AM
Some cool as hell concepts.

http://www.luft46.com/luftart.html

Even cooler: that particular aircraft did not remain merely a concept:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229

With any luck, the Yanks will have the single surviving airframe restored in the next few years.  :)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Nobody on November 15, 2017, 12:06:18 AM
Even cooler: that particular aircraft did not remain merely a concept:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229

With any luck, the Yanks will have the single surviving airframe restored in the next few years.  :)

https://youtu.be/sfWlG35jFkk

If you've never seen this program, I highly recommend it.  Several years ago a representative non-flying model of the Horton was constructed and tested for stealthiness (radar cross section) at Northrop, with National Geographic Channel doing a documentary about the project.  I think the entire program is available on You Tube, but in segments. The link above is the second segment.

When I watched this program the first time, I damn near shit myself when I realized they filmed at and identified by name a highly classified Northrop test facility I'd visited many times in the mid/late 80 while working in the black world.  It's in a God forsaken area full of rattlesnakes.

Swishypants

That's a good show. It goes a long way into explaining why Pierre Sprey is FUCKING RIGHT about that PIG F-35! Dickheads doubt the word of a member of the Fighter Mafia! Fuckheads.

Zopyrus

Sort of enjoyed Daniel Simon's scaled-up interpretation for Captain America, a blend of Horten & Bel Geddes:

I liked Raiders' too, though prefer Ron Cobb's original four-engined arrangement.

True, neither feature the graceful blade-like (almost certainly Kenneth Arnold sighted) "sophisticated parabolic geometry" of the canceled and captured articles' tail sections.

Zopyrus

The alt-historical (and farcical) title of this thread reminds me of this asshole's oeuvre:

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2017, 02:26:32 PM
https://youtu.be/sfWlG35jFkk

If you've never seen this program, I highly recommend it.  Several years ago a representative non-flying model of the Horton was constructed and tested for stealthiness (radar cross section) at Northrop, with National Geographic Channel doing a documentary about the project.  I think the entire program is available on You Tube, but in segments. The link above is the second segment.

When I watched this program the first time, I damn near shit myself when I realized they filmed at and identified by name a highly classified Northrop test facility I'd visited many times in the mid/late 80 while working in the black world.  It's in a God forsaken area full of rattlesnakes.
Yes, the NGC show is very interesting. Well worth watching.  I've got the DVD and have watched it several times.

Here's a shot of a cool model of the Horton I have in my collection.

Zopyrus

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2017, 02:26:32 PM
Northrop test facility

Needless to say, Jack rescued the workable science from its prison of Hitler cult idiocy.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Swishypants on November 15, 2017, 02:30:16 PM
That's a good show. It goes a long way into explaining why Pierre Sprey is FUCKING RIGHT about that PIG F-35! Dickheads doubt the word of a member of the Fighter Mafia! Fuckheads.

Piss off.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 18, 2017, 01:00:41 PM
Needless to say, Jack rescued the workable science from its prison of Hitler cult idiocy.

Northrop was designing/building/flying twin-engined flying wings in the late 30s/early 40s, independent of the Hortens. They were primarily known for designing gliders.  One of Northrop's early flying wings was restored to flightworthy status and was flown on the west coast airshow curcuit in the late 90s.  I saw it at Chino, but I haven't seen it mentioned as a flying display in several years.  Another of his early a/c was (is?) at the Smithsonian.

While the Germans had advanced aircraft on the drawing board, they we little more than pipe dreams due to a lack of strategic war materials, production facilities, skilled workers, and trained aviators late in the war. 

Zopyrus

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 18, 2017, 07:21:39 PM
Northrop was designing/building/flying twin-engined flying wings in the late 30s/early 40s, independent of the Hortens. They were primarily known for designing gliders.  One of Northrop's early flying wings was restored to flightworthy status and was flown on the west coast airshow curcuit in the late 90s.  I saw it at Chino, but I haven't seen it mentioned as a flying display in several years.  Another of his early a/c was (is?) at the Smithsonian.

While the Germans had advanced aircraft on the drawing board, they we little more than pipe dreams due to a lack of strategic war materials, production facilities, skilled workers, and trained aviators late in the war.

Completely.  I'll never understand the Peenemünde-obsessed.  All recovered articles = abject failures.  Required decades to revise into utility.

Also, that WWII air museum at Chino is priceless.

Swishypants

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 19, 2017, 11:24:01 AM
Completely.  I'll never understand the Peenemünde-obsessed.  All recovered articles = abject failures.  Required decades to revise into utility.

Also, that WWII air museum at Chino is priceless.

Do you not know that everything we have since 1950 is based upon the recovered articles and test-bed examples? Did you eat lead paint chips as a kid?

Zopyrus

Quote from: Swishypants on November 19, 2017, 11:31:56 AM
Do you not know that everything we have since 1950 is based upon the recovered articles and test-bed examples? Did you eat lead paint chips as a kid?

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Next.

Swishypants

Just one of thousands of designs.

Focke-Wulf Ta-183, the basis for the F-86 & the MIG-15.

https://postimg.org/image/wa13w7493/

Not to mention the Regulus, which was based off the German Buzz Bomb and is the origin of the cruise missile.

The list is neigh endless. You are an ignorant and uneducated man in even the most basic understanding of this topic.

Zopyrus

All clearly derived from ancient precolumbian alien originals.  Duh.

Swishypants

Jackstar

Quote from: Zopyrus on November 19, 2017, 11:34:43 AM
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

I dismiss the content of your post.

Jackstar

Quote from: Swishypants on November 19, 2017, 11:40:13 AM
an ignorant and uneducated man in even the most basic understanding

Still, superior to a Clinton presidency.

Taaroa

Quote from: Swishypants on November 15, 2017, 02:30:16 PM

Swishypants

Military today is all full of boot-lickers with no balls who sell our national security out to go along with the crowd. Sprey is a rebel. Anyone who disagree's with him is damn near a Communist. FACT.

Swishypants

Modern US Military is weak as fuck and can't win against anyone. Anything they say is false automatically because they suck so fucking bad.

Swishypants

Only PMC's stand between you and total domination. Sprey is a Gunslinger, like us.