• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

ShayP

Quote from: Étouffée on September 14, 2014, 01:08:36 AM

I liked the way Schrader directly disputed the Sandy Hook "false flag" conspiracy people, saying he was acquainted with paramedics, cops and others who were there and knew that this crazy massacre really happened, and how it was beyond insulting to the memory of the dead to foster this insane bizarro-world spin.

I totally appreciated the way he stood up and mentioned his disdain for the Sandy Hook "truthers."   Noory probably would do nothing to challenge it and would move on to a benign comment regarding something else.  Also, If JBW was still on C2C he would've had a boner.  He (JBW) and his cronies believe that Sandy Hook is a false flag.  It's pathetic.

I like Dave Schrader too.  8)

Schrader should be given c2c and allowed to run it with tim from minny.

Not going to happen

albrecht

It would be nice for Dave Schrader to take over more nights on C2C but I doubt it will happen unless there is a management change at CC. My only compliant about Dave, and it is a very small one, is that I don't like when he drops he voice and says "we'll be right back."

Quote from: albrecht on September 14, 2014, 03:47:50 PM
It would be nice for Dave Schrader to take over more nights on C2C but I doubt it will happen unless there is a management change at CC. My only compliant about Dave, and it is a very small one, is that I don't like when he drops he voice and says "we'll be right back."

Funny you say that.. I actually like that aspect!
What I dislike though is his inn effective use of the commercial breaks. Also he feels the need to reintroduce the guest and topic on detail every half hour, and frankly I think that eats up a lot of time

But I like the deep voice Segway

Chine

Listening to him now as he's hosting C2C.

Didn't get the chance to listen last night live, plan on it this week some time. Schrader makes me want to do the Coast Insider again just for his shows--and Knapp's too.

A few more thoughts about the conspiracy show: It was refreshing and amazing.
There are conspiracies i believe in.. There are dark underbellies I think to exist..
but Schrader challenged callers--and me--to spice it up a notch and source out our beliefs a bit better.
And it was nice to hear someone challenge the Sandy Hook madness...

And all of us are clamoring to have this guy be the main host.. but did anyone ask him if he would really love to leave his darkness radio show?? That after all is his main baby and really something he seems most comfortable with.

albrecht

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 14, 2014, 04:46:32 PM
Funny you say that.. I actually like that aspect!
What I dislike though is his inn effective use of the commercial breaks. Also he feels the need to reintroduce the guest and topic on detail every half hour, and frankly I think that eats up a lot of time

But I like the deep voice Segway
Haha. To each his own. I liked him on the Conspiracy show the other night. Imagine (!) a host actually challenging callers, questioning guests, and making good commentary but still allowing callers and guest to speak their mind and tell their theory or story. Not simply either cutting them off or letting them run roughshod over the show. I want him on more often on C2C, even permanently!

Tarbaby

Dave won me over initially but I've inadvertently drifted away. He's a little too came and wholesome for me, as they say "no gravitas". Not veggie enough. But I still listen to the show now and then selectively. I too don't care for Malley, as I mentioned weeks ago.

Quote from: albrecht on September 15, 2014, 09:16:28 AM
Haha. To each his own. I liked him on the Conspiracy show the other night. Imagine (!) a host actually challenging callers, questioning guests, and making good commentary but still allowing callers and guest to speak their mind and tell their theory or story. Not simply either cutting them off or letting them run roughshod over the show. I want him on more often on C2C, even permanently!

I get nervous now whenever the guest asks the caller a question, knowing they won't be there or George's patience is running out with his finger hovering over the disconnect button.  But to my surprise, both Dave and the guest kept going back to at least one of the callers to clarify his conspiracy stances.

Uncle Duke

Hard to believe Schrader confused Herman Cain with John McCain with the conspiracy guest.  If Noory had made that mistake on the air, there'd have been numerous posts here.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 15, 2014, 07:04:56 PM
Hard to believe Schrader confused Herman Cain with John McCain with the conspiracy guest.  If Noory had made that mistake on the air, there'd have been numerous posts here.
You are right. I admit I forgotten about that. But I'll give him a mulligan, this time. The conspiracy guy had a way of talking that, honestly, it was easy to "tune out" and "Herman Cain/John McCain" could be misheard if one wasn't paying attention. I only caught it when the conspiracy guy said HERMAN CAIN. (Especially considering rumors about John McCain also over the years.) Having said that I think Schrader should monitor the internet chat-room and txt msgs less and focus on the guest and callers.

Morgus

But Norry would have confused him with Herman MUNSTER...  :o

Not hard to believe at all. Schrader is not a news or political junkie. He has even stated on his show he pays almost no attention to politics.

Nebraska888

Dave does a great job......I wish he would take the regular host chair......or at least more than one or two nights a week.

SAVE US DAVE!!!!   ;D

Gal in Black

Quote from: Nebraska888 on September 15, 2014, 10:08:20 PM
Dave does a great job......I wish he would take the regular host chair......or at least more than one or two nights a week.

SAVE US DAVE!!!!   ;D

Oh how I wish that would happen....but it won't. The evil Snooron isn't going anywhere. Nope.

WOTR

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 15, 2014, 07:11:44 AM
...but Schrader challenged callers--and me--to spice it up a notch and source out our beliefs a bit better.
Challenging callers must cause poor George to be rolling over in his sleep...  We all know that you do not want to be in any way controversial.  Just agree, say "that's right" and you are on your way to a job as a host of a downgraded Coast.  Schrader will be lucky to be given another chance after the stern "talking to" that I am sure he received.

WOTR

I was not listening- but you are probably right.  I have thought the same thing with Knapp.  I overlooked his "revisitrol" (sp?) show and some others.  Let them go with almost no comment (including the occasional slip up he has.)  I have sometimes wondered why and wondered if I (we) are being unfair.  However, I quickly realize that people would happily give Dave a "pass" if he slipped up occasionally.  There just is no excuse for 20+ times a night when it is obvious that he has not done 8 minutes of show prep. 

This has went on for over a decade now.  Like knowing an alcoholic or being involved in an abusive relationship there comes a time when you no longer can overlook or forgive "just one more time."  I (and most posters, I believe) have reached that point.

Quote from: wotr1 on September 15, 2014, 11:35:19 PM
I was not listening- but you are probably right.  I have thought the same thing with Knapp.  I overlooked his "revisitrol" (sp?) show and some others.  Let them go with almost no comment (including the occasional slip up he has.)  I have sometimes wondered why and wondered if I (we) are being unfair.  However, I quickly realize that people would happily give Dave a "pass" if he slipped up occasionally.  There just is no excuse for 20+ times a night when it is obvious that he has not done 8 minutes of show prep. 

This has went on for over a decade now.  Like knowing an alcoholic or being involved in an abusive relationship there comes a time when you no longer can overlook or forgive "just one more time."  I (and most posters, I believe) have reached that point.

Agreed, I am not asking Noorie to read whatever book the guest wrote, but he should at least spend a solid 15 minutes googling whatever subject the show is on. but it is obvious he does no even do that.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 08, 2014, 12:48:54 AM
Mallie fox ruins darkeness radio for me. She throws darkness radio completely off when she appears on the show. I am not sure if it is entirely her fault but Tim and Dave's banter with her is not interesting and creepy.

I could not agree more! It (her presence, and the guys reactions/interactions with/to her) gives the show such a cheesey/douchey/trying to be sexy feel. I do not listen to any shows with her on. They are unbearable.

albrecht

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 16, 2014, 04:49:00 AM
Agreed, I am not asking Noorie to read whatever book the guest wrote, but he should at least spend a solid 15 minutes googling whatever subject the show is on. but it is obvious he does no even do that.
I recall Art having a policy that he would not read the guest's book prior to interview. Because he wanted the author to explain it to the audience. But he clearly did a little research and asked pertinent questions. Not just the same, tired questions to every guest- no matter what the subject. Then you have Knapp, and Ian, who appear to read the books first. Either way, make it work by asking good questions and ALLOWING the guest to answer them before changing subject, asking another question, or cutting to a commercial.

BattyBrooke

I think Schrader gets a "pass" on here a lot simply because he is NOT Noory. For instance, on Friday (or was it Saturday?) I tuned in and he was going on and on and on and so I turned the radio off for a few minutes hoping hat when I turned it back on I'd hear the guest and determine if he was interesting enough for me to lose sleep that night and, guess what? Dave was STILL carrying on! At that point I just had to know if there even was a guest on that night or if he was trying to carry the show due to a guest calling in ill or some such thing but no, the guest finally did speak when Dave took time to breathe. I think that, at timeslike that, he is perhaps trying too hard because it is Coast. He doesn't seem to carry on like that on his own show or I'd have stopped listening long ago. No one loves a windbag. Anyway, my point is, if any other host consistently got carried away with themselves and their love of hearing their own voice and/or opinion that everything they said was epically brilliant and must be heard adnauseum, that host would be ripped to shreds on here.

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2014, 02:02:00 PM
I recall Art having a policy that he would not read the guest's book prior to interview. Because he wanted the author to explain it to the audience. But he clearly did a little research and asked pertinent questions. Not just the same, tired questions to every guest- no matter what the subject. Then you have Knapp, and Ian, who appear to read the books first. Either way, make it work by asking good questions and ALLOWING the guest to answer them before changing subject, asking another question, or cutting to a commercial.

Yep your right about Art. Art said something like he wouldn't read it because the audience probably hadn't and he didn't want to already know information and gloss over it during the interview, because he already understood it from reading the book. Meanwhile, the audience would be lost.

I'd add to you list that Noory also answers his own question instead of allowing them to answer it.  :-\

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 16, 2014, 02:02:44 PM
I think Schrader gets a "pass" on here a lot simply because he is NOT Noory. For instance, on Friday (or was it Saturday?) I tuned in and he was going on and on and on and so I turned the radio off for a few minutes hoping hat when I turned it back on I'd hear the guest and determine if he was interesting enough for me to lose sleep that night and, guess what? Dave was STILL carrying on! At that point I just had to know if there even was a guest on that night or if he was trying to carry the show due to a guest calling in ill or some such thing but no, the guest finally did speak when Dave took time to breathe. I think that, at timeslike that, he is perhaps trying too hard because it is Coast. He doesn't seem to carry on like that on his own show or I'd have stopped listening long ago. No one loves a windbag. Anyway, my point is, if any other host consistently got carried away with themselves and their love of hearing their own voice and/or opinion that everything they said was epically brilliant and must be heard adnauseum, that host would be ripped to shreds on here.

I think Darkness radio is better than C2C because Schrader and Tim have more control over it. For instance they control the phone line and can dump callers on C2C the network does it.

Disheartened

Premier should nationally syndicate Darkness Radio and put it in Coast's time slot. They can move Coast to early evening. George would be happy, we would be happy.

Quote from: Disheartened on September 17, 2014, 03:42:17 PM
Premier should nationally syndicate Darkness Radio and put it in Coast's time slot. They can move Coast to early evening. George would be happy, we would be happy.

Art didn't want an earlier time slot because according to him, it wouldn't feel right for the subject matter.  George would probably relish an earlier slot.  It would increase his exposure and he doesn't care about the subject matter.

albrecht

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on September 17, 2014, 04:40:51 PM
Art didn't want an earlier time slot because according to him, it wouldn't feel right for the subject matter.  George would probably relish an earlier slot.  It would increase his exposure and he doesn't care about the subject matter.
My local AM has now started replaying the prior night's C2C at 7pm, the  the usual live at midbight. It doesnt feel right, esp because in FEMA VI region it is still light for some time. And, presumably, people arent drunk enough yet to deal with Norrys version of C2C. But I reckon it is cost saving since they already paid. N other programs (even repeat.or syndicated) cost more. They took off crybaby Glen Beck who replaced that financial guy (for cost.) I wish they would replay SIT or even old Punnet shows tho.
-GNS

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 16, 2014, 02:02:44 PM
I think Schrader gets a "pass" on here a lot simply because he is NOT Noory.

People are going to make mistakes on a 4 hour radio show. It really isn't a big deal.  People generally do not like the other host and they are not Noory. Schrader is allowed to make a few mistakes because he doesn't suck. He does not mispronounce over half the words he says. You can also tell he is generally interested in the subject matter, not like the old man who pretends to be. Schrader isn't off surfing the internet while a guest rambles on and on, occasionally tossing in a "ohh" or 'i agree" or another Nooryism.

I do wish schrader would jump in more when a guest gets ahead of themselves. Especially inexperienced guest or callers, they have a tendency to want to spring to the closing of their story without properly setting it up, often I find myself confused about what they are trying to say. That was one of Art strong points to say hold on back up and the caller/guest would calm down and explain themselves better. I am nitpicking though, Schrader is a good host and Darkness is better that C2C.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 18, 2014, 04:58:07 AM
People are going to make mistakes on a 4 hour radio show. It really isn't a big deal.  People generally do not like the other host and they are not Noory. Schrader is allowed to make a few mistakes because he doesn't suck.

Your response would be applicable if I were referring to "mistakes". I never said he made any errors (mispronounced words etc..), I simply commented on his style. You know, they style..The one where the host gabs (no pun intended) on and on as if enamoured by the sound of their own voice. This seems to be his style since he joined C2C, and that is what I do not like. Mistakes are fine, but style is to taste. To each his own, right?

BattyBrooke

Tonight's show should be a good one. I've never heard of the Sallie House Haunting but it seems most have. It's definitely a great classic C2C topic though so it'll have to be good!

Nebraska888

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 19, 2014, 07:55:45 PM
Tonight's show should be a good one. I've never heard of the Sallie House Haunting but it seems most have. It's definitely a great classic C2C topic though so it'll have to be good!

Yep, I'm looking forward to the program too!!!!   :D