• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151202 - Open Lines - Live Art Bell Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, December 02, 2015, 10:58:04 PM

Sean92008

Quote from: Rocky4228 on December 02, 2015, 11:35:49 PM
It stands to reason.  They haven't verified there was a third shooter and two are dead.  If they have the name of a shooter it would have to be the dead guy.

There was a neighboring building that the 3rd floor staff saw three shooters through the windows all at one time.  Thus, they're sticking with the three shooter claims.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Donald Noory on December 02, 2015, 11:05:26 PM
CNN is now saying Syed Farook identified as suspect. Guess what he's Muslim, the religion of peace.
Yeah. Ask those Colorado Springs families about that Christian terrorist . . . ..

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on December 02, 2015, 11:35:42 PM
Because we might have to admit that murder and hate transcend color/culture lines?  In fact in spite of headline-grabbing "terrorist" events like today, the majority of 'mass shootings' in America are still family murder-suicides.

People just love sensational news that entertains their meaningless lives. And an excuse to hate others? It makes em feel like a victim and everyone loves being the victim. Even the Left has had that issue of playing up being the victim.

er92

Some of the ignorance on here is astounding. Not all Muslims are terrorists 99% are just average people going about their daily lives. I have coworkers and classmates who are Muslim and there are just like you or I. Yes extremism is a problem but it spans across all backgrounds, look no further than the planned parenthood shooting. Should we judge all Christians based upon the actions of one? There needs to be focus on bridging the gap of cultural disenfranchisement and a provision of better mental health resources.

VtaGeezer

The Arabs won't send troops to fight ISIS because their Sunni armies may mutiny and turn on them. Its a Sunni vs Shiite/Alawite upheaval with local tribal shit mixed in.  Nation is still a nacent concept for Arabs; but sect has been the cement for a millenia.

We don't yet know if the SB killers were Americans or not.

albrecht

Quote from: QuantumMystics on December 02, 2015, 11:38:05 PM
More people are killed by Islamists each year than in all 350 years of the Spanish Inquisition combined. More civilians were killed by Muslim hijackers in two hours on September 11th than in the 36 years of sectarian conflict in Northern Ireland.
Yep, though, admittedly, IF we had more modern weapons, comms, and means of travel could we have done worse back then? Idk. I could imagine some of our wars would've been much worse. The problem with the Muslims (and Africans of all types) is that they are still back in the dark ages, or worse, but have access to modern weapons and comms (that we are most willing to sell them.)

chefist

God bless us all we are here and don't have loved ones affected by this...BUT, I hope I like most Americans want our neighbors to be safe...

Quote from: er92 on December 02, 2015, 11:39:41 PM
Some of the ignorance on here is astounding. Not all Muslims are terrorists 99% are just average people going about their daily lives. I have coworkers and classmates who are Muslim and there are just like you or I. Yes extremism is a problem but it spans across all backgrounds, look no further than the planned parenthood shooting. Should we judge all Christians based upon the actions of one? There needs to be focus on bridging the gap of cultural disenfranchisement and a provision of better mental health resources.

HEY GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORI....

Oh... thanks for telling us.

chefist

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 02, 2015, 11:40:05 PM
The Arabs won't send troops to fight ISIS because their Sunni armies may mutiny and turn on them. Its a Sunni vs Shiite/Alawite upheaval with local tribal shit mixed in.  Nation is still a nacent concept for Arabs; but sect has been the cement for a millenia.

Thank you...another good point into the soup...

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 02, 2015, 11:37:33 PM
You know, you have to wonder about that. ISIS is known for just going way over the top with their attacks, burning pilots alive, beheadings etc. Perhaps attacking an organization that deals with disabled people fits that model. Not sure, just tossing it out there.

It's something I've been waiting for.  My wife is a counselor and I've often wondered if they'd ever rush into a counseling center and blow away a bunch of people who are desperately trying to put their lives back together after drug addiction or mental health issues.  These terrorist sociopaths are looking to make uglier and uglier statements.  Who knows what's next?

norland2424

Religion in general is a crutch for humanity.

zeebo

Quote from: Schlyder7 on December 02, 2015, 11:29:47 PM
LOL, so  you are trying to compare the lone white nutjob,   to today's jihadis?  pretty weak.

I just wormholed something along these lines, they're often conflated ... very different things (although the result is sadly similar)

They just stick their heads in the sand and ignore when one of their own does something awful. I proved that already in this thread.

trostol

Quote from: chefist on December 02, 2015, 11:40:13 PM
God bless us all we are here and don't have loved ones affected by this...BUT, I hope I like most Americans want our neighbors to be safe...

eh...some of my neighbors....

ShayP

I second this.

Zenman

Quote from: albrecht on December 02, 2015, 11:35:05 PM
So far no other attack, attack on first responders, maybe some booby-traps but not clear, and no robberies. So while planned not a grander plan, I hope. Bad enough.

Again, I hate to say it--test maybe?

Rix Gins

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 02, 2015, 11:34:24 PM
I agree.  This was pre-planned.  He and his fucker friends had this all worked out.  He attended the party to make sure it was on, who was attending, the whole lay of the land etc.  In other words, he wanted to make sure of what was going on exactly prior to leaving and returning with his gang to do the killing.  A real charmer.

Perhaps he attended the party and threw a fit about all the nasty Christian trappings and someone with a set of balls told him to take a flying fuck?  So he went postal in a unique, Muslim sort a way.  (This is what I got in a Major Ed Whats His Face trance.)

JamesMcDonald

Law enforcement sources:
'There wasn't an argument. Farook was there to "Case" the location.'

albrecht

Quote from: Darth Sandra on December 02, 2015, 11:41:23 PM
They just stick their heads in the sand and ignore when one of their own does something awful. I proved that already in this thread.
So how many were beheaded by Christians last year? Or burnt alive? (And, no, you can't claim drones because "we aren't a Christian nation"  ;))

Robert

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 02, 2015, 11:38:15 PMActually it's kind of sick, bro.
You got a better plan?  Beats getting shot up in a van.

ShayP

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 02, 2015, 11:40:05 PM

This as well.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Rocky4228 on December 02, 2015, 11:35:49 PM
It stands to reason.  They haven't verified there was a third shooter and two are dead.  If they have the name of a shooter it would have to be the dead guy.

There was a guy claiming to be Farouk's brother-in-law who appeared at a press conference some Islamic group an hour or two ago. No mention if the dead female suspect was his sister.

=Schlyder=

fucking derp caller blaming guns.  A gun is an inanimate object, used by a person.

LOL  Nobody needs to hear your whining ass either.

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on December 02, 2015, 11:43:33 PM
ban guns..everyone should have swords lol
Only Sikhs can have them, in some places.

Sean92008

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 02, 2015, 11:32:09 PM

Again, has it verified that he was one of the two suspects who were dead?

There's a 66.6% chance that it is dead.  In this case, that's good enough.  They caught a third person, if it were our main suspect, that name would have surfaced as such.

By the way, Steve Gregory/KFI reported that the cops weren't in a "wild goose chase" or "hunt" mode after the initial shooting, indicating that they knew who they were looking for.

Why so concerned about "verification?"  I had a a guitar forum dude keep on wanting "proof" of my inside information and I had to finally say "I want proof that you don't live in your mother's basement."  That thread died down so quickly after that.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: norland2424 on December 02, 2015, 11:41:10 PM
Religion in general is a crutch for humanity.

Abolish it all. It's more trouble than it's worth.