• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151125 - R. Scott Lemriel - The Seres Agenda - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 25, 2015, 04:36:32 PM

FLLFlash

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 26, 2015, 12:37:01 AM
Electric fences aren't legal in Nevada.

http://old.lasvegasnevada.gov//files/CodeEnforcement_CommonViolations.pdf

This applies to the City of Las Vegas only.

BellBoy

I listened to the archive of this show as I removed my broken dishwasher this morning. Mr. Lemriel certainly loves the sound of his own voice but is obviously not accustomed to answering intelligent questions. My ears are so full of bullshit now, I can hardly think!

The last 30 minutes of carnage more than makes up for the pure agony of listening to this ass-wit obfuscate and make shit up, on-the-fly, for the first two and a half hours. Bravo Art, for calling shenanigans on this con artist. I guess he'll have to skulk back to Dave's show to make his next buck... no worrying about having to answer intelligent questions there. Nope.

ZomZom

Finally finished this show.  What a pathological liar.  It's not just that what he's saying is so out there, but that his voice has the telltale affectation of someone who's trying to convince you of something while simultaneously judging your response.  You can practically hear his eyes shifting back and forth.

anunnaki

I was surprised that Art let him get by with this- (In all fairness, Art has had a lot of personal worries going on)
With all his claims of contact with advanced Aliens and their conveyance to him of High Tech knowledge,
R. Scott Lemriel lost all his creditability when he said “The Moon Doesn’t Rotate on it’s Axis â€"[1:31.15}

Here’s why-The Moon DOES Rotate !
Why Do We Only See One Side of the Moon?
You may have heard references made to the "dark side" of the Moon. This popular term refers to the fact that the same physical half of the Moon, the "near side", is always facing Earth, which in turn means that there is a far side or so-called "dark side" that is never facing Earth and can only be seen from space.

This phenomenon has nothing to do with illumination or the periodic light and dark we see as the phases of the moon change. Sometimes people refer to a New Moon as a "dark moon" because the moon is fully in shadow as viewed from Earth and we can't see it, but that's not the same thing as the dark side of the moon. The side of the moon facing us during a New Moon is the same as any other moon phase, such as a Full Moon when we can see the entire face.

So why can we only see one side of the moon from Earth? We all know that the Earth rotates on its own axis, so theoretically, the Moon should also do the same, allowing us to get a full picture of the planetoid. Why are we limited to seeing only 50 percent? It turns out that the speed at which the Moon rotates has led to this particular phenomenon. Millions of years ago, the Moon spun at a much faster pace than it does now. However, the gravitational influence of the Earth has gradually acted upon the Moon to slow its rotation down, in the same way that the much smaller gravitational influence of the Moon acts upon the Earth to create tides. This influence slowed the rotational period of the Moon to match that of its orbit â€" about 27.3 days â€" and it is now "locked in" to this period. (Note that to observers on earth a full moon cycle takes 29.5 days. See Understanding the moon phases).

If the Moon didn't spin at all, then eventually it would show its far side to the Earth while moving around our planet in orbit. However, since the rotational period is exactly the same as the orbital period, the same portion of the Moon's sphere is always facing the Earth.

Another interesting fact is that actually a little bit more than half of the Moon's surface is observable from Earth. Since the Moon's orbit is elliptical, and not circular, the speed of its orbital travel increases and decreases depending on how close it is to our planet. The rotational speed of the Moon is constant however â€" and this difference between orbital speed and rotational speed means that when the Moon is farthest from the Earth, its orbital speed slows down just enough to allow its rotational speed to overtake it, giving observers a small glimpse of the usually hidden area. The term for this "rocking" motion of the Moon is called libration and it allows for 59 percent of the Moon to be seen in total (over time).

Finally, one reason that the far side of the Moon is frequently referred to as the "dark side" is because many people mistakenly think that it never sees any light from the Sun. In that sense the term "dark side" is wrong and misleading. In fact, since the Moon is constantly rotating on its own axis, there is no area of the planetoid which is in permanent darkness, and the far side of the Moon is only completely devoid of sunlight during a Full Moon â€" when the Sun is facing the Moon with the Earth in between

ziznak

Quote from: BellBoy on November 30, 2015, 06:36:00 AM
I listened to the archive of this show as I removed my broken dishwasher this morning. Mr. Lemriel certainly loves the sound of his own voice but is obviously not accustomed to answering intelligent questions. My ears are so full of bullshit now, I can hardly think!

The last 30 minutes of carnage more than makes up for the pure agony of listening to this ass-wit obfuscate and make shit up, on-the-fly, for the first two and a half hours. Bravo Art, for calling shenanigans on this con artist. I guess he'll have to skulk back to Dave's show to make his next buck... no worrying about having to answer intelligent questions there. Nope.

there are no stupid questions... only jorch noory

NoobSaibot

Pretty turned off by Art and the callers this night. Sure, the guy had an "out there" story. Yeah, he can't prove it by having a spaceship land at the White House. But, neither did David Jacobs and his alien invasion story, and he got invited back for another show already. No one ever asked him to prove it.

Furthermore, since when are paranormal topics subject to proof? The stuff they talk about on all these shows are subjective. "I saw a ghost!" Prove it. "I can travel out of my body!" Prove it. "There's an alien civilization that built a Dysonshpere around Tabi's star." Prove it. The guy's story sounded like Star Wars or something, but he wasn't offering anybody Kool-Aid like one caller prickishly compared him to the Jonestown cult. All he said was try this meditation technique, and you'll see something different than the common illusion we all share called "reality." There was no need for Art or the callers to mock him.

If I were a prospective guest listening to the way Art and the callers treated this guy, I would rethink being a part of the show knowing that Art can turn them on you if he's in a bad mood or something. Should guests not make the mistake of thinking that this is a show where otherworldy or unprovable topics can be discussed? Has Art gotten so crusty that he can't make a good show out of any guest?

The night of this show, I was getting my wife to listen for the first time. She rolled her eyes at the guest's story, but she's open-minded and just went with it. After Art's and the callers' treatment of the guy, she refuses to listen to the show again, which is a drag because I built him up as having a better show than C2C. I'll still listen and remain a Time Traveler as long as he can "prove" that he can manage a guest appropriately. I know he's edgier that George, which I like, but I had never seen him turn on someone, and turn the callers on someone, like that.

What do you guys think? Was his behavior on this show out of character for Art? Is this just how he is now? I listened to him 25 years ago or so, so I'm familiar with him. Does he need to make sure he agrees with the guest before he puts them on the air so he can maintain an element of class?

zeebo

Quote from: NoobSaibot on December 01, 2015, 01:27:25 PM
...Furthermore, since when are paranormal topics subject to proof? The stuff they talk about on all these shows are subjective. "I saw a ghost!" Prove it. "I can travel out of my body!" Prove it. "There's an alien civilization that built a Dysonshpere around Tabi's star." Prove it. The guy's story sounded like Star Wars or something, but he wasn't offering anybody Kool-Aid like one caller prickishly compared him to the Jonestown cult. All he said was try this meditation technique, and you'll see something different than the common illusion we all share called "reality." ...

Fair point.  I thought the guest was rather petulant and I didn't buy any of his story, however you're right that it's a bit much to demand proof all the time of such speculative/subjective topics.  The whole idea of this kind of radio is it's out on the fringe.  That's the fun and the intrigue of it. 

The flip side is also rather iffy.  A guy like Seth Shostak comes on, who's been trained as a serious scientist, who doesn't have the luxury of making wild claims he can't support with actual data, and he gets beat on from the other direction - charges that he's somehow close-minded or just refuses to believe 'the evidence' or even that he's working as a disinformation agent for the gov't etc. 

henge0stone

Quote from: zeebo on December 01, 2015, 03:57:00 PM
Fair point.  I thought the guest was rather petulant and I didn't buy any of his story, however you're right that it's a bit much to demand proof all the time of such speculative/subjective topics.  The whole idea of this kind of radio is it's out on the fringe.  That's the fun and the intrigue of it. 

The flip side is also rather iffy.  A guy like Seth Shostak comes on, who's been trained as a serious scientist, who doesn't have the luxury of making wild claims he can't support with actual data, and he gets beat on from the other direction - charges that he's somehow close-minded or just refuses to believe 'the evidence' or even that he's working as a disinformation agent for the gov't etc.

I understand the futility of asking for proof when people are on a paranormal radio show making crazy stories however I think his story was vastly different form Jacobs and others claims.

People who say they are BFFs with Aliens or ambassadors to the Aliens are making a different claim entirely. Instead of having  strange things happening to them, like Whitley and other abductees, when you claim your an ambassador to the aliens and see them regularly and communicating with them there is no reason why you can't tell the aliens to show real proof.

If your claiming you're in control of these paranormal experiences instead of just seeing something, researching something or whatever then there is no reason why you can't replicate the paranormal experience.

I agree with the Seth show, I was not at all impressed with that show. Art hardly asked anything about SETI or space or anything, he just played Greer's BS then went to the phones. What was a new listener to think about this? A lot of people don't know anything about SETI so when the only intro to a guest before open lines was someone else accusing him of lying what else can people ask? At least Lemriel got a full show to talk about his topic.