• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151116 - Jill Heinerth - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, November 16, 2015, 07:11:17 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 17, 2015, 05:57:21 PM
He's from the Bronx and Bronx School of Science. His "So's" are an academic affectation.
So...it's all clear now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 17, 2015, 06:33:31 PM
So...it's all clear now.
I have a really antisocial habit of shouting out "a needle pulling thread" when someone uses the pregnant pause after the so...

Ciardelo

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2015, 06:37:37 PM
I have a really antisocial habit of shouting out "a needle pulling thread" when someone uses the pregnant pause after the so...
It's better if you sing it :)

VtaGeezer

Only 12 pages of posts?  Must've been a snoozer...it was for me.  I think the diver lady was fine, but an hour would have been plenty.  Seems to me Art used to do a LOT more open line time.

GravitySucks

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 17, 2015, 06:57:40 PM
Only 12 pages of posts?  Must've been a snoozer...it was for me.  I think the diver lady was fine, but an hour would have been plenty.  Seems to me Art used to do a LOT more open line time.
I fell asleep before the show started or there would have been a few more posts. Cave diving used to interest me, but I didn't finish my caver certificate because I realized how expensive it was going to be to go the whole trimix route with staging tanks to do what I really wanted to do.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 17, 2015, 06:57:40 PM
Seems to me Art used to do a LOT more open line time.

i don't know what the ratio is then vs now, but open lines were always the source of my favorite moments from art's show.

Auslandia

The old show was mired with commercial breaks.  This one is way better

Useless Eater

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 17, 2015, 07:04:32 PM
I fell asleep before the show started or there would have been a few more posts. Cave diving used to interest me, but I didn't finish my caver certificate because I realized how expensive it was going to be to go the whole trimix route with staging tanks to do what I really wanted to do.

Not a subject I usually would want from Art, but I really enjoyed it having done 8 cavern dives in Akumal, Mexico - professionally guided.

I definitely would have gone for cave certification if I lived closer to any sites in Florida or Mexico - would have had to make extended trips to get certified, and
then still not be able to practice but a few times a year on trips. I did convert to a caving gear setup, though. All Halcyon - backplate, wings, hogarthian hose.