• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151113 - Terrorism in Paris - Open Lines - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 13, 2015, 09:06:28 PM

Designx

Rather have open lines than the terrorist thing. Leave that for the infotainment industry to spread all over the TV boxes.

Zenman

Quote from: gabrielle on November 13, 2015, 11:04:30 PM
Zenman...so sad tonight.  Hello my friend.

Hi gab. I'm glad you're here. Kinda nice to have this group for some well-needed moral support.

Lola2001

Anyone else notice CNN just feeding the fear all night? They just kept saying anything can happen anywhere at any time. I don't think that is the case. I feel that they picked Friday 13th for a reason and now the day is over and so are they.

gabrielle

Quote from: Zenman on November 13, 2015, 11:06:39 PM
Hi gab. I'm glad you're here. Kinda nice to have this group for some well-needed moral support.

I am hugging you Zenman....can you feel it? 

Uncle Duke

Bullshit.  Too complex an operation to be undertaken in a day after the death of a low-level, but high profile minion like Jihadi John,

Ms. C

Good evening BellGabbler family.  Such a sad day ... Prayers sent.

Thank goodness for Art and this thread that we can share our thoughts and our grief.   

Ciardelo

Quote from: Designx on November 13, 2015, 11:04:46 PM
Rather have open lines than the terrorist thing. Leave that for the infotainment industry to spread all over the TV boxes.
<click>

norland2424

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 13, 2015, 11:07:35 PM
Bullshit.  Too complex an operation to be undertaken in a day after the death of a low-level, but high profile minion like Jihadi John,

Pretty much, this was planned weeks or months in advance.

Why isn't Art talking about mental illness with this? Why is it when it happens in America, by some white guy, it's mental illness. But when it's not it's... never mind.

There is a strong possibility it was a group of French citizens. It's best to just let the facts come out before we speculate.

trostol

agree...7 spots or something is way too much to plan in one day

swordpoint9

Quote from: Zenman on November 13, 2015, 11:06:39 PM
Hey Zen I hope your well Bro ...

VtaGeezer

The killing of Jihadi John had nothing to do with this.  The bad guys just can't act that fast. 

JamesMcDonald

Many people don't want to admit the fact that Bush caused much of this.  But it's the truth.  Bush really fucked up BIG TIME by going into Iraq.  On MANY levels.

swordpoint9

Agreed !

starrmtn001

Quote from: Zenman on November 13, 2015, 11:02:52 PM
Happy Bad Luck Day.

I guess we'll be taking a day off from the usual Friday festivities. It'll be very interesting and informative tho if we get some calls in from ground zero. Shades of 911 to a large degree. I definitely had some flashbacks of such when the news started coming in earlier today.
Hello Zenman!

norland2424

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 13, 2015, 11:08:38 PM
Why isn't Art talking about mental illness with this? Why is it when it happens in America, by some white guy, it's mental illness. But when it's not it's... never mind.

There is a strong possibility it was a group of French citizens. It's best to just let the facts come out before we speculate.

It might have been home grown french muslims but i doubt it was just random thing if they yelled " for syria" and alu Akbar.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Lola2001 on November 13, 2015, 11:07:14 PM
Anyone else notice CNN just feeding the fear all night? They just kept saying anything can happen anywhere at any time. I don't think that is the case. I feel that they picked Friday 13th for a reason and now the day is over and so are they.

CNN doing what CNN does.

Fox did not do this at all. Solid, if somewhat sensational, coverage.

Hopefully the rolling attacks are over. If they aren't there will be big trouble.

GravitySucks

Quote from: trostol on November 13, 2015, 11:08:51 PM
agree...7 spots or something is way too much to plan in one day

It doesn't take much planning to go shoot a bunch of innocent people when you are willing to die doing it.  It only takes time to plan if you need an escape plan.

Ciardelo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on November 13, 2015, 11:09:36 PM
The killing of Jihadi John had nothing to do with this.  The bad guys just can't act that fast.
yeah, they might try to tag that in, but they ain't that fast.

doctor weird

Quote from: Lola2001 on November 13, 2015, 11:07:14 PM

and Faux News kept saying " they're gonna come and take your guns"!! such a joke

Zenman

Quote from: swordpoint9 on November 13, 2015, 11:09:06 PM
Hey Zen I hope your well Bro ...

Hi sword, good to see you. Hope you're good. I'm well, but bummed and kinda pissed at the state of things.

GravitySucks

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 13, 2015, 11:09:57 PM
Many people don't want to admit the fact that Bush caused much of this.  But it's the truth.  Bush really fucked up BIG TIME by going into Iraq.  On MANY levels.

Yeah, if we didn't go in, maybe all the Shias would have killed all the Sunnis by now.