• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Swishypants

And he drove a BRAT! :)  (Like a mini 4 wheel drive El Camino)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 13, 2017, 12:18:32 PM
So, no one then?  :D

I'm not going to list the ones who I think would have been viable candidates and would have run excellent campaigns, just so you can disagree.  Obviously you don't like any of them

If you think Trump is so great, where are the legislative victories?  Where are the new supporters he's picking up because he's doing such a terrific job?

Let me leave you with this:  politicians are a means to an end.  It's a mistake to get personally connected, because there is no connection on their end.  They don't know you or care about you as an individual.  Same thing with a political party - it's a vehicle for implementing policy you support, period.

This Trump cult-of-personality is not getting any of us anywhere.  Meanwhile we have a once in a gereration chance, if that, to put an end to the constant expansion of government power and intrusion, and even roll some of it back, and it's not getting done.  The electorate isn't going to tolerate stagnation, and they will go with the other party if convinced they will get things accomplished.

Trump isn't the right person, and was never the right person.  Anyone paying attention to him and to national politics for the last couple of decades could have told you that, and did.

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 13, 2017, 12:23:57 PM
The only “presidential” president we’ve had in our lifetimes...Ronald Reagan. Romney had potential, but he’s still a bit young. The dems have been a joke. W was way to young. And that’s that.

Romney and Bush weren't ''too young'', their world views were wrong.  Not as wrong as, say, Obama's, but wrong. 

Domestically, it's about vision and principles, not age.  In foreign policy it's about national interests. diplomacy, and when to use force - some of that comes with experience, but not all of it.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 13, 2017, 12:38:22 PM
I'm not going to list the ones who I think would have been viable candidates and would have run excellent campaigns, just so you can disagree.  Obviously you don't like any of them

If you think Trump is so great, where are the legislative victories?  Where are the new supporters he's picking up because he's doing such a terrific job?

Let me leave you with this:  politicians are a means to an end.  It's a mistake to get personally connected, because there is no connection on their end.  They don't know you or care about you as an individual.  Same thing with a political party - it's a vehicle for implementing policy you support, period.

This Trump cult-of-personality is not getting any of us anywhere.  Meanwhile we have a once in a gereration chance, if that, to put an end to the constant expansion of government power and intrusion, and even roll some of it back, and it's not getting done.  The electorate isn't going to tolerate stagnation, and they will go with the other party if convinced they will get things accomplished.

Trump isn't the right person, and was never the right person.  Anyone paying attention to him and to national politics for the last couple of decades could have told you that, and did.

You're obviously not paying attention.  ;)

Gd5150

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 13, 2017, 12:42:56 PM
Romney and Bush weren't ''too young'', their world views were wrong.  Not as wrong as, say, Obama's, but wrong. 

Domestically, it's about vision and principles, not age.  In foreign policy it's about national interests. diplomacy, and when to use force - some of that comes with experience, but not all of it.

”Presidential” is about presence, personality, gravitas. W was too young. Romney was too whimpy. Clinton was too bubba. Obama was too amateur. HW lacked charisma. Carter was a joke. Nixon was too Nixon.

Reagan’s age and experience gave the country the feeling he’d take care of things. And he did. He put America first. He stood up to our enemies. He restablished our presence in the world as the superpower. And got the economy back on track by putting money back in the hands of the people through lower taxes and lower interest rates.

The main reason he was able to get these things implemented is because he’d been anti communist/liberal/progressive for 30 years. So selling his beliefs for him was easy. He wasn’t selling a message given to him by his “handlers”. He was an outsider. The northeastern establishment hated him. In these last few areas he and Trump have a lot in common. If Reagan were alive today he’d respect Trump for taking on the leftwing establishment, and have a good laugh at how he is plays them like puppets.

If he were alive today Reagan would be appalled at how often the republicans go after their own. 11th commandment.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 13, 2017, 11:15:20 AM
What support for Trump?  He didn't even win a majority of votes in the primaries.  Most Republican primary voters wanted someone else.
Sure, he got support from people who typically don't vote, and maybe from people who typically vote Democrat.  But he drove plenty of people away too.

Realistically ..... will Trump run or win a second term ?
Has the U.S.A. ever been this politically polarized ?

Gd5150

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on November 13, 2017, 02:30:21 PM

Yes.
Yes.
Yes. Obama: “screw you John McCain, elections have consequences”.
Yes W: Blamed for a hurricane. Blamed for making up Iraq’s WMDs when they had been confirmed for 40 years by a helluva a lot more national security agencies than 17. “Bush lied people died”. Etc...
Yes Bill Clinton: Bubba
Yes George HW Bush - “the Iraq war will kill 500,000 us troops” Barbara Boxer
Yes Ronald Reagan - “aids was his fault. He wants ww3” etc....

The most and only time the country has been unified since Jimmy Carter: (and that was because the country was unified against Jimmy Carter) was for a few weeks after 911 when everyone, and I mean everyone, had flags on their cars etc...but we knew it wouldn’t last. A few weeks later demokkkrat memos were leaked that talked about W’s 90% popularity, and they better do something about it. A month later the longshoreman leftwing Union at the port of Los Angeles went in strike, shutting down the largest port on the west coast and bringing the economy to a halt on purpose for several weeks gong into Christmas.

It’s neat when you live through reality and make mental notes of demokkkrat shenanigans so you can know when they try to rewrite history with their lies.

Nothing Trump could do would bring the left out of their psychotic breakdown. If unification is so important they can call off the fantasy collusion investigation, walk across the isle, and work with Trump and Republicans to MAGA. They lost, and elections have consequences. Right?!

Quote"Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors." Bill Clinton - 1998

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Swishypants on November 13, 2017, 12:34:11 PM

And he drove a BRAT! :)  (Like a mini 4 wheel drive El Camino)

Who gives a shit? 

Kidnostad3

Yes and yes.  Ever hear of the U.S. Civil War?  There was deep division in the North and many believe that Abe Lincoln would have been defeated by McClellan in his run for a second term if it were not for Sherman’s taking of Atlanta shortly before the election of 1864. Harry Truman was thought to have zero chance of beating Dewey in 1948 yet he did so after an unprecedented whistle stop campaign much like Trump’s in 2016.   I personally recall the deep divisions that existed in this Country during the Civil Rights and Vietnam eras and Watergate.  The pundits were sure that Ronald Reagan could not possibly be re-elected after he was shot and damn near killed in 1981 but he easily won re-election by virtue of his strong recovery and the economic boom he was credited with. 

The division that now exists in the U.S. that started with Obama is profound but we’ve been through such times before.  As always, events and not hand wringing speculation will dictate. 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Swishypants on November 13, 2017, 03:54:48 PM
Your ASVAB score must have been "ARREST HIM."

Can anyone here translate gibberish?

136 or 142

Quote from: Jackstar on November 13, 2017, 11:15:03 AM
massive rolleyes

What's next from you--a deep analysis of the ongoing struggle between Ronald McDonald and The Hamburglar?

Don't know about The Hamburglar but Ronald McDonald served time for child rape and Mayor McCheese served time for embezzlement.  I'm amazed actually that McDonalds survived these scandals.

There are those who believe that the Ronald McDonald child rape cases go back to the beginnings of the McDonald's restaurant chain and that Kennedy was killed to distract public attention away from this.

That's an interesting question.  Personally I think the best possible event for the country is for him to die of natural causes.  And the sooner the better

He doesn't seem to mind his role in the divisiveness and destructiveness.  If he does, I'm sure not seeing any attempt on his part to calm things down or take steps that would actually lead to any sort of conciliation, so I can see him running again just to fuck things up more for everyone.  This is not a person who does anything for the good of the country or the greater good.

Would he win?  Not unless he takes the steps necessary to get the legislative portion of the agenda he ran on passed.  The easiest period to have done that was the first year of the administration.  It gets harder from here, he makes more enemies within his own party every day, and there is a good chance his party will have less seats after the by-election.  And maybe even lose control of one or both houses.  They're already getting ready to throw Alabama's Senate seat away.

Let's say the Democrats continue to implode, and they aren't able to field a viable candidate and Trump wants to run again.  He would still have to get past the primaries, and as of now it seems highly likely the Rs would choose one candidate to run against him.  If things stay the same or worsen, they would have a good chance of beating him.

Has the country ever been this politicized?  That is really hard to say.  Living in the SF Bay Area, it's difficult for me to really understand what goes on in the non-kook parts of the country.  The Vietnam era seems like it was pretty polarized, but that was before my time.  Same with Nixon.  Same with Carter.  All that was 15 years of shit, not just one (so far). 

The Left was strongly anti-Reagan, and were constantly taking to the streets, but he won two landslides.  Clinton was polarizing, but not to this extent.  Things sort of simmered down a little after 911 for Bush II.  Obama was intentionally divisive and destructive, the first actual America-hater to win the White House.  It's really him we can look to for starting what we have going on now.   

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 13, 2017, 10:52:28 AM
... Curious what you think about the new tax turd. It’s an establishment special. Funny seeing the mindless lemmings here gloat over the fact it raises taxes. They should be loving it but we already know they’re too stupid to think for themselves. There’s still hope for you, but it is diminishing. Your answer here could be important, choose wisely...

I've learned to not pay much atention to tax bills until they are completed and signed.  And even then to wait until the tax people figure out what's in them.

These things go thru so many changes and iterations, it's a waste of time to follow every twist and turn.  Already the Senate says they are starting fresh with their own bill.  When the House and Senate bills actually pass, then there's ''reconciliation'' - this is where the real slimy stuff gets slipped in. 

Here are my thoughts:  the federal government should be pared back dramatically.  Like by about 2/3, and state and local governments should do likewise.  We need to sit down as a country and decide what our priorities are, and live within our means. 

The super rich should be funding most if not all of it.  We should abolish sales, payroll, real estate, and income tax, and go to a wealth tax.  A very small percent of everyone's net wealth, and on assets held in this country by foreigners, should cover it.  The tax on that would be small enough of a percent there wouldn't be much of an incentive to hide wealth, and it's not so easy these days anyway.

The taxes most destructive to the economy are payroll and business income tax.  They suppress hiring employees, and business investment and expansion.  The taxes that hurt the economy least are wealth taxes - no one is going to strive to be less wealthy in order to not pay a 2% tax on it.  I don't believe in deductions or credits designed to encourage or reward specific behavior - or to buy votes (home mortgage deduction).  A tax should be for the purpose of raising the funds needed for services only government can provide, period.

To the extent a tax bill moves towards the above, I'm for it.  To the extent it moves away, I'm against it. 

the_Stranger

Quote from: Swishypants on November 13, 2017, 03:54:48 PM
Your ASVAB score must have been "ARREST HIM."

Okay, you get 50 bonus points for the ASVAB mention.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: the_Stranger on November 13, 2017, 10:33:40 PM
Okay, you get 50 bonus points for the ASVAB mention.

As usual, Sissy Pants’ comment is nonsensical, irrelavent and meaningless.  ASVAB scores are numerical values that gauge level of knowledge and aptitude.  An MMPI might identify one’s tendency towards criminal behavior but not the ASVAB. But, I expect you know this.

Have you noticed how he flits from unrelated subject to unrelated subject.  He’s got the attention span of a snap pea but it’s important for him to weigh in with something even if it has meaning only to himself.  Also, he often goes off on gratuitous rants that include obscene references that go way beyond anything a sane person would utter.  He’s  probably a psychological shut in and I suppose that, having little in the way of active moderation, BellGab, is one of the few places where his crazy shit is tolerated and he is free to use the worst of his pathology-driven, attention-seeking devices.   

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on November 14, 2017, 06:30:03 AM
As usual, Sissy Pants’ comment is nonsensical, irrelavent and meaningless.  ASVAB scores are numerical values that gauge level of knowledge and aptitude.  An MMPI might identify one’s tendency towards criminal behavior but not the ASVAB. But, I expect you know this.

Have you noticed how he flits from unrelated subject to unrelated subject.  He’s got the attention span of a snap pea but it’s important for him to weigh in with something even if it has meaning only to himself.  Also, he often goes off on gratuitous rants that include obscene references that go way beyond anything a sane person would utter.  He’s  probably a psychological shut in and I suppose that, having little in the way of active moderation, BellGab, is one of the few places where his crazy shit is tolerated and he is free to use the worst of his pathology-driven, attention-seeking devices.

If it's not obvious to everyone his whole mission here is to divert, disrupt and destroy. Go ahead! Strike up a conversation with him. I dare you!  :D

Interesting - the inside of a dog's ass looks like Obama

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2017, 10:09:43 PM
https://twitter.com/ap/status/930645810777415681

Maybe they'll ask for their submarine, nuclear bomb, and ballistic missile technology back. 

Or all the money they funneled to them to pay for it.

Gd5150

Quote from: bateman on November 14, 2017, 10:12:14 PM
https://twitter.com/realsaavedra/status/930622507308085248
“A dog named “chief””. Who are these racist owners and who are these racist racists reporting this?

This is an offensive offense to the indigenous native peoples.