• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 25, 2019, 02:21:35 PM
You couldn't afford to live there unless you're planning to go on the dole.

True.  But when we pass Medicare For All then all bets are off...

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 25, 2019, 02:55:08 PM
Works for me.  Enjoy!

The only Reconquista that was good is the one they did on the Iberian Peninsula kicking the Muslims out (or underground at least.)  Not this modern Reconquista happening along our southern borders, and elsewhere in major cities.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 25, 2019, 02:07:48 PM
Oh good.  All snark and bark even after you've been shown to be either a goddamn fool or a liar or likely both.

Well, neither, but the year is still young.

QuoteI'm going to enjoy seeing you squirm and writhe over the next few years...

I don't usually swing that way, but you seem like an earnest fellow.

Quote...as the left continues to collapse keep winning elections

FIFY

Quoteas the extent of its the Trump Crime Syndicate's knowing dishonesty and pervading corruption is further revealed.

Fixed that one too.

QuoteWhat will you and your ideological ilk invent to blame your next presidential election defeat on--global warming maybe?  How about Trump's colluding with "The Grays."

If by "the Grays" you mean the elderly people scared into voting against their own interests (ie; Medicare & Social Security) by the demogogues on Fox News, then yes, that is a distinct possibility.  Ironic, innit?

QuotePost often.

Many thanks.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: ItsOver on March 25, 2019, 02:55:08 PM
Works for me.  Enjoy!

Not chipping their cars out of ice, are they?  Of course, dodging chronic fires, mudslides, and "free spirits" not exactly my idea of fun, either, but Trump has zero influence there.

albrecht

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 25, 2019, 04:06:36 PM
My goodness but we sell TONS of Sobieski nips in my store.  Inspiring!

I hope you are the owner of the liquor store by now. I've not had that Sobieski vodka beverage but will do so on your advice.  Apparently an old brand (but French conglomerate owned. But they were good Franks who also kicked Muslims out so ok by me.) As a side note it is fun to ask Russians, Poles, and Lithuanians etc about who invented vodka and which grain makes the best. Can start fights, especially if they are imbibing.

Perhaps vodka inspired the bravery....and the odd deal with feathers? Supposedly though, like with holes in rocks slung in the UK that supposedly would whistle and strike fear much like the V2 centuries later, the feathers would inspire more fear as they would whistle during cavalry charge. Though I'm suspect considering the horses, men, armor would likely be louder than whatever sound-effect by the feathers. But maybe even just the appearance made enemies scared, especially due to their reputation.

Such ideas still happen today, to strike fear or build morale- I recall some tinpot wanna-be dictator in Africa who has his "troops" dress in drag, or even go naked, because it "makes them bullet-proof."  The pictures of same are comical, if not so sad since they kill a lot of people and are killed. But some black guy dressing like a wild-eyed Democrat activist tranny brandishing a AK knock-off (often without bullets, due to costs, so used as a bludgeon) running into a "battle" (which is usually just some schoolyard or something.) I saw one guy that looked like Mama from "Mama's Family" wig, pearls, and some kind of sweater/jumper outfit. Crazy stuff is on the Dark Continent.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on March 25, 2019, 04:40:07 PM
I hope you are the owner of the liquor store by now. I've not had that Sobieski vodka beverage but will do so on your advice.  Apparently an old brand (but French conglomerate owned. But they were good Franks who also kicked Muslims out so ok by me.) As a side note it is fun to ask Russians, Poles, and Lithuanians etc about who invented vodka and which grain makes the best. Can start fights, especially if they are imbibing.

Perhaps vodka inspired the bravery....and the odd deal with feathers? Supposedly though, like with holes in rocks slung in the UK that supposedly would whistle and strike fear much like the V2 centuries later, the feathers would inspire more fear as they would whistle during cavalry charge. Though I'm suspect considering the horses, men, armor would likely be louder than whatever sound-effect by the feathers. But maybe even just the appearance made enemies scared, especially due to their reputation.

Such ideas still happen today, to strike fear or build morale- I recall some tinpot wanna-be dictator in Africa who has his "troops" dress in drag, or even go naked, because it "makes them bullet-proof."  The pictures of same are comical, if not so sad since they kill a lot of people and are killed. But some black guy dressing like a wild-eyed Democrat activist tranny brandishing a AK knock-off (often without bullets, due to costs, so used as a bludgeon) running into a "battle" (which is usually just some schoolyard or something.) I saw one guy that looked like Mama from "Mama's Family" wig, pearls, and some kind of sweater/jumper outfit. Crazy stuff is on the Dark Continent.

Maybe the feathers were intended to make the hussars more visible and distinguishable in battle thereby reducing the risk of their receiving friendly fire from the rear when they mixed it up with the enemy.   Or, maybe they were just a tad flamboyant (not that there's anything wrong with that.)

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 25, 2019, 05:20:22 PM
Maybe the feathers were intended to make the hussars more visible and distinguishable in battle thereby reducing the risk of their receiving friendly fire from the rear when they mixed it up with the enemy.   Or, maybe they were just a tad flamboyant (not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Could be. And more likely explanation. Colors etc are used, or were used, for such. Even today there are situations in which ensigns and signal flags are used (you see that rescue up near Norge from the cruise-ship? Crazy stuff, passengers rescued by helicopter but, from what I saw, the vessel wasn't sinking or anything but just so dang rough. Ha. They got an experience they likely didn't want but some of the 'extreme sports' types might like and pay for! Maybe the cruise line should consider that....seek out storms, rogue waves, hard passage areas for the Gen-X stuntfolks as they get older?)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on March 25, 2019, 05:27:22 PM
Could be. And more likely explanation. Colors etc are used, or were used, for such. Even today there are situations in which ensigns are used (you see that rescue up near Norge from the cruise-ship? Crazy stuff, passengers rescued by helicopter but, from what I saw, the vessel wasn't sinking or anything but just so dang rough. Ha. They got an experience they likely didn't want but some of the 'extreme sports' types might like and pay for! Maybe the cruise line should consider that....seek out storms, rogue waves, hard passage areas for the Gen-X stuntfolks as they get older?)

Yup, friendly fire must really suck.

Viking is relatively new to the blue-water cruising business and the learning curve might be a factor.  I'm thinking it might be a good idea to limit patronage to their riverboat cruises for a while.   

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 25, 2019, 05:38:19 PM

Yup, friendly must really suck.

Viking is relatively new to the blue-water cruising business and the learning curve might be a factor.  I'm thinking it might be a good idea to limit patronage to their riverboat cruises for a while.
Yeah, I only know that Line them from river cruising mailings. Not sure how I got on their list but get send catalogs all the time. Never took. Some of them do look nice though. Family friend was an engineer (way older than me and in the old definition of engineer, more hands-on mechanical, not book stuff) and was showing me his home-built boiler system at his house the other week. Wow. Was pondering converting to gas because "sometimes it is getting hard with all the wood chopping and loading.) And some pics of he and his mates in port in a Havana bar pre-revolution. He and wife do round-the-world cruises every other year. But he likes smaller boats and strong passages, like around the Horn etc and areas with less traffic and more waves. Crazy Norwegian- who ran away to sea as a youth (before Norway became a super rich country due to oil&gas.) Great guy and she is awesome also who has goats and birds and gardens/hothouses, etc.
But derailed thread again. So back onto subject:
Amazing how the Democrats and their media have gone. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/435552-apologies-to-president-trump 

https://www.axios.com/robert-mueller-donald-trump-social-media-reach-0586790d-711f-42fe-b3e1-21acc54cdfa6.html

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on March 25, 2019, 05:50:35 PM
Yeah, I only know that Line them from river cruising mailings. Not sure how I got on their list but get send catalogs all the time. Never took. Some of them do look nice though. Family friend was an engineer (way older than me and in the old definition of engineer, more hands-on mechanical, not book stuff) and was showing me his home-built boiler system at his house the other week. Wow. Was pondering converting to gas because "sometimes it is getting hard with all the wood chopping and loading.) And some pics of he and his mates in port in a Havana bar pre-revolution. He and wife do round-the-world cruises every other year. But he likes smaller boats and strong passages, like around the Horn etc and areas with less traffic and more waves. Crazy Norwegian- who ran away to sea as a youth (before Norway became a super rich country due to oil&gas.) Great guy and she is awesome also who has goats and birds and gardens/hothouses, etc.

Your friend sounds like a Jack London character and one of those show-off, mechanical wiz types that make such projects look easy and give us less talented folks an inferiority complex.  I bet he could write a book. 

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 25, 2019, 06:22:15 PM
Your friend sounds like a Jack London character and one of those show-off, mechanical wiz types that make such projects look easy and give us less talented folks an inferiority complex.  I bet he could write a book. 

He should. Works on old cars etc and has a barn full of them (he likes old VWs and Volvos.) I should, due to this modern age, record him but I sorta of doubt he would like that kind of thing. Stoic and self-effacing manner but will enjoy when one notices accomplishments (like the brass fittings and piping returning condensing water back to boiler at a precise angle- long enough to cool but not drain so quickly.) "You think it was mistake or I'm drinking? No! The pitch is on purpose to maximize efficiency returning steam into water back into boiler!"  He also drinks beer constantly, as long as I known him never been drunk. But like a ship's boiler, consistent loading.

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 25, 2019, 05:38:19 PM
Yup, friendly fire must really suck.

Obligatory Pat Tillman moment of prayer.

Jackstar

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 25, 2019, 12:31:16 PM
Drumpf was in more hot water for that bastion of higher learning Drumpf University.

I don't get it--you seem smart, but then you go on and act like swindling suckers is illegal, or something. Hello? This is America, fuck yeah!

Welcome back, Botmaster. Your arrival on the scene, in the flesh, after a cool 11 month hiatus is the clearest indicator yet of the ongoing collapse of the dark cabal. Here, have a (you).

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on March 25, 2019, 07:30:05 PM
Obligatory Pat Tillman moment of prayer.
Agreed. Regardless of why/what happened. That was a bad.

chefist

Has anyone done a welfare check on Donald Noory? Another bad day for him...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 25, 2019, 10:48:00 AM
Where are all the Trunp haters who posted here so confidently that Mueller was going to get the goods on Trump and that he would have been long since impeached.

They're going to fuck off for another 18 months like they did after the 2016 election.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 25, 2019, 12:31:16 PM
Trump was in more hot water for that bastion of higher learning Trump University.
$20 million will be an easy beat for Avenatti.

Hey mang.  Glad to see you around.

-Lee (MV)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 25, 2019, 12:34:32 PM
Still plenty of time and plenty to investigate.

How many more "swing and a miss" events will you endure?

ItsOver

Quote from: NowhereInTime on March 25, 2019, 04:08:03 PM
Not chipping their cars out of ice, are they?  Of course, dodging chronic fires, mudslides, and "free spirits" not exactly my idea of fun, either, but Trump has zero influence there.
Have fun hanging with the homies.  I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on March 26, 2019, 08:03:05 AM

Herr Mueller must be a barrel of laughs at D.C. swamp parties.  Time to go after the real crooks who instigated this ridiculous charade.