• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Internet Streaming Question

Started by East Of The Rockies, February 05, 2013, 12:45:02 AM

Looking at starting my own stream on TuneIn, can anyone give suggestions on what kind of hardware/software I will need, as well as cost involved?

Something similar to Fine Art, but a combination of music and talk. . .possibly my own show as well.

MV/Liberace!

You want it to run 24/7? And can you afford to spend any money upfront? You're going to need a spare computer with a good sound card, a good mixer capable of mix-minus, and an array of software. I'll give a more detailed reply later.

MV/Liberace!

Are you planning on streaming art bell?

That's already on Fine Art--what I'm thinking of is more of a live open forum for subjects talked about on Coast (think: before Snorey) and local talk and music.

williedee

id recommend finding a reasonable shoutcast stream host and then using an older computer to broadcast from. that way you can keep your costs low and still have a large capacity.

If you'd need a server to broadcast to, let me know. I could do it for free. I have a lot of spare bandwidth on my server. Already relaying u7 and funky's streams 24/7.

Quote from: williedee on February 09, 2013, 01:37:01 AM
id recommend finding a reasonable shoutcast stream host and then using an older computer to broadcast from. that way you can keep your costs low and still have a large capacity.

If you'd need a server to broadcast to, let me know. I could do it for free. I have a lot of spare bandwidth on my server. Already relaying u7 and funky's streams 24/7.

Thank you willidee

williedee

Quote from: MV on February 09, 2013, 02:15:05 AM

traitor.
:)

well, fineart has 10,000 slots already, so i figured they wouldn't need any of my bandwidth ;)

MV, do you still have a large Art Bell collection?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: williedee on February 09, 2013, 03:31:07 PM

well, fineart has 10,000 slots already, so i figured they wouldn't need any of my bandwidth ;)

MV, do you still have a large Art Bell collection?

i do, but i'd recommend against streaming art bell.  there are already plenty of people doing it, and the only person doing it well is linden.

williedee

Yeah, u7 does repeat somewhat often. Fineart really is a great stream.

Caruthers612

Quote from: MV on February 05, 2013, 01:04:42 AM
Are you planning on streaming art bell?

MV, is that Michael Bolton in your avatar?

davidk26212

Hey East of the Rockies if your still interested I'd be willing to do it with you. We could split the costs and considering I known a lot about about computers I could help you build a dedicated streaming computer for under $300. I had been looking into moving my show from blog talk radio because of the cost and the poor audio quality not to mention like 100 other limitations.   :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Caruthers612 on February 23, 2013, 11:24:07 AM

MV, is that Michael Bolton in your avatar?

Heh heh, no. Syd Barrett.

Usagi

Quote from: MV on February 24, 2013, 01:12:55 AM
Heh heh, no. Syd Barrett.

You can't convince me that that isn't a picture of Paul Stanley, MV.  I had no idea how much I disliked him until this moment.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Usagi on February 24, 2013, 01:28:30 AM

You can't convince me that that isn't a picture of Paul Stanley, MV.  I had no idea how much I disliked him until this moment.

i have never told a lie on this forum.  not once, ever.

williedee

Quote from: davidk26212 on February 23, 2013, 12:12:49 PM
Hey East of the Rockies if your still interested I'd be willing to do it with you. We could split the costs and considering I known a lot about about computers I could help you build a dedicated streaming computer for under $300. I had been looking into moving my show from blog talk radio because of the cost and the poor audio quality not to mention like 100 other limitations.   :D

my offer is still good, i can do 150 slots for free, only a few bucks for more. let me know