• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: TigerLily on June 12, 2016, 11:06:17 AM
^this. I was thinking as I read michios post, if Corsi is the best they got....  ::)

Hey. Why are you guys posting here?  Take it to Politics. I know, this time we can blame MV. In Donald's words, "He started it!"

Praise MV. Which I do every chance I get

I hear you.  This started out as a discussion of a FaceBook post Art made.  He talks about politics.

I have to say, I find it very difficult to square the Art of at least the past several years and who posts here, to the Art we all enjoyed as the host of Coast. 

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2016, 07:22:07 PM
This is so tiresome.  When the next Democrat president shows up, what will the attack on anyone criticizing that person be? 

Oh, right, it will be 'because she's a woman'.

In a democracy the right to criticize our leaders is essential, so, you know, stick it

I predict that there will be plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize President Clinton, just as there are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize Obama. Hating blacks or hating women won't ever be among them, however. People who do that are definitely out there but nobody deserves to be falsely accused. That's fair, I think.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 12, 2016, 07:53:05 PM
Thank you for telling me this. Because I've really wondered about some of your comments.

You've claimed Cruz is part of the establishment, when in truth he's been one of a handful who have been confronting the establishment R's since arriving in DC.  You know, back when Trump was schmoozing with the Clintons and donating to Democrat campaigns.  You've made much of him being a strong Christian then criticized him for it, when that's about 110th on the list of what's important in this election.  You were quick to believe the BS story about him being involved with affairs.

It all makes sense now, I appreciate it.  I really hope you are pleased with a Trump presidency, although I'd estimate the chances of that - should he somehow be elected - as being infinitesimal.

you've really boiled my comments/thoughts down in a way to suit your own perceptions, so i'll leave you to do that. 

Art Bell

It's strange to me that some people can not square the on air person with the more recent me based either on my most recent air work or posts I may have made. It may well be that people have selective memories. Before I did Paranormal I did Politics and through it all and before I was even on air I am just another person, like and unlike everybody else.

I have hated some of the things Trump has said but I will still vote for him before the awful Clinton. Try and guess what Americs will look like after four or God help us, eight Years of Clinton. After that many Years of Supreme Court picks. What will be left of us? What will be left of the Bill of Rights?

We only have two choices in the real World, I am at heart Libertarian but I am also a realist, one of these two will be it. Trump has to straighten his ass up and become Presidential or we are doomed.

Art

littlechris

Quote from: Art Bell on June 13, 2016, 12:06:28 AM
I have hated some of the things Trump has said but I will still vote for him before the awful Clinton.

GravitySucks

It's strange to me that some people can not square the on air person with the more recent me based either on my most recent air work or posts I may have made. It may well be that people have selective memories. Before I did Paranormal I did Politics and through it all and before I was even on air I am just another person, like and unlike everybody else.

I have hated some of the things Trump has said but I will still vote for him before the awful Clinton. Try and guess what Americs will look like after four or God help us, eight Years of Clinton. After that many Years of Supreme Court picks. What will be left of us? What will be left of the Bill of Rights?

We only have two choices in the real World, I am at heart Libertarian but I am also a realist, one of these two will be it. Trump has to straighten his ass up and become Presidential or we are doomed.

Art

I wish you (and a few million others)  would have demonstrated that same insight concerning the Supreme Court before you voted for Obama. He has put two in there, and it is not a certainty that he won't place a third.

Art

littlechris

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 13, 2016, 12:31:36 AM
I wish you (and a few million others)  would have demonstrated that same insight concerning the Supreme Court before you voted for Obama. He has put two in there, and it is not a certainty that he won't place a third.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I have hated some of the things Trump has said but I will still vote for him before the awful Clinton. Try and guess what America will look like after four or God help us, eight Years of Clinton. After that many Years of Supreme Court picks. What will be left of us? What will be left of the Bill of Rights?

Art

Well-said, Art. :)  Trump needs to stop with the juvenile attacks and man-up.  I will never vote for Hillary.  She has shown what a failure she is when it comes to foreign policy.  She is the last person that should be president.  The Supreme Court cannot be allowed to fall into the hands of people who have no love for the Constitution and Bill Of Rights.

Please Art.  Do a few shows every now and then. Please.

Art

Well yes, that's where we are today.  This is what the tools have given us.

But this is what I mean - you claim to be a Libertarian at heart, but didn't you endorse Obama?  How is that even possible?  How do you square that?

For a Libertarian there were about 15 announced Republican presidential candidates that would have been better choices, but you picked Trump.  He was not an unknown, after decades of 'The Donald' being in the news you're surprised how this has turned out and are now backpedaling?  Yes, I'm surprised the Art Bell from the old Coast shows did this.

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 13, 2016, 12:31:36 AM

Unfortunately that is a valid criticism, GS.  I guess Art was caught up in the moment of electing the first black President, he didn't take into regard that Obama had no respect or love for the Constitution.

Quote from: littlechris on June 13, 2016, 12:39:55 AM
Hindsight is 20/20.

It wasn't hindsight for anyone paying attention

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2016, 12:43:58 AM
Well-said, Art. :)  Trump needs to stop with the juvenile attacks and man-up...

That's just not who he is, or ever was.  Or will be.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2016, 12:43:58 AM
...  The Supreme Court cannot be allowed to fall into the hands of people who have no love for the Constitution and Bill Of Rights...

And Trump does?  He claims he is going to 'do deals', not fight for core principles.

Value Of Pi

Art

Well, Art, you know what to expect then. "I Gotta Be Me" could have been written for Trump. There's no chance of him changing or becoming more presidential. I think you're a good enough judge of people and personalities to see that.

What I don't for the life of me understand is how someone like you could still vote for Trump even if he didn't somehow miraculously become more presidential. If your likely scenario for Hillary is watching America decline over the next four to eight years, you should at least recognize the strong possibility of a much more precipitous decline with a non-presidential Trump as president.

Just consider, the desert might actually be a relatively safe place to be during a Trump administration -- except that you're way too close to a large military base for a fallout shelter to be effective, even if you had one.

littlechris

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 13, 2016, 12:48:06 AM
It wasn't hindsight for anyone paying attention

That's fine.
Please explain HOW and WHY.

GravitySucks

Quote from: littlechris on June 13, 2016, 12:52:15 AM
That's fine.

AYERS and DORN

littlechris

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 13, 2016, 12:54:44 AM
AYERS and DORN
No no no!

Butt out gravity!

I want the 50 year old virgin paperboy to get all up in a fit and jump on his keyboard and tell us how he really feels.

Quote from: littlechris on June 13, 2016, 12:52:15 AM
That's fine.

His friends and associates, some really disgusting people.  Hard Left radicals.  Terrorists (Bill Ayres ad his lovely wife), supporters of Arafat and the PLO (Rashid Khalidy), that rotten America hating 'reverend' of his.  That he was a member in good standing in the far left corrupt Chicago Democrat machine.  Who is it you think these people would choose as Supreme Court judges?

The fact that the main stream media was heavily supporting him, and shielding him from a full vetting - that alone should have been a tipoff.

Talk radio spent all day every day for months on end going through it and exposing him.

Quote from: littlechris on June 13, 2016, 12:58:23 AM
... I want the 50 year old virgin paperboy to get all up in a fit and jump on his keyboard and tell us how he really feels.

You miss Falkie that badly?

littlechris

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 13, 2016, 01:07:33 AM
You miss Falkie that badly?

You can do better than that.
Try again.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 13, 2016, 12:52:14 AM
Well, Art, you know what to expect then. "I Gotta Be Me" could have been written for Trump. There's no chance of him changing or becoming more presidential. I think you're a good enough judge of people and personalities to see that.

What I don't for the life of me understand is how someone like you could still vote for Trump even if he didn't somehow miraculously become more presidential. If your likely scenario for Hillary is watching America decline over the next four to eight years, you should at least recognize the strong possibility of a much more precipitous decline with a non-presidential Trump as president.

Just consider, the desert might actually be a relatively safe place to be during a Trump administration -- except that you're way too close to a large military base for a fallout shelter to be effective, even if you had one.

The Supreme Court. "Nuff said.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2016, 12:47:24 AM
Unfortunately that is a valid criticism, GS.  I guess Art was caught up in the moment of electing the first black President, he didn't take into regard that Obama had no respect or love for the Constitution.

And you think Trump does? You trust that he'll enforce SCOTUS decisions whether he likes them or not? You trust him to respect the separation of powers? You trust him not to abuse his executive authority to illegally target his opposition?

It would be ironic if you got the constitutionally conservative Supreme Court you wanted and then had to watch your choice for president break his vows to preserve and defend that constitution.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 13, 2016, 12:51:10 AM
That's just not who he is, or ever was.  Or will be.

And Trump does?  He claims he is going to 'do deals', not fight for core principles.

What over choice have we got?  Gary Johnson?  LOL.  At least with Trump, there is a fairly decent chance of the right judges being nominated.

pate

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2016, 01:30:13 AM
What over choice have we got?  Gary Johnson?  LOL.  At least with Trump, there is a fairly decent chance of the right judges being nominated.

MMmm... either or:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97G5mMI3hLM

-or- (arr?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1eM4otkhWk

NM...

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 13, 2016, 01:28:48 AM
And you think Trump does? You trust that he'll enforce SCOTUS decisions whether he likes them or not? You trust him to respect the separation of powers? You trust him not to abuse his executive authority to illegally target his opposition?

It would be ironic if you got the constitutionally conservative Supreme Court you wanted and then had to watch your choice for president break his vows to preserve and defend that constitution.

I have absolutely no faith that Trump will preserve and defend the Constitution.  I do have some faith that he will put the right people in place on the Supreme Court and other federal courts.  Those people will still be there long after he is gone.  I could most definitely be wrong about that.  The other choice is Hillary and well we already know that she has little use for the laws in our country.  I'll take the lesser of two evils.  It's sad that it has come to this.  Everybody was bitching about how Cruz wanted to turn this country in a theocracy when I don't believe for one second that he had the slightest intention of doing that.  He had his flaws but he was damn site better than others running in the field.  He had the balls to call out Mitch McConnell for what he is.  No one else dared to do that.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2016, 01:37:47 AM
I have absolutely no faith that Trump will preserve and defend the Constitution.  I do have some faith that he will put the right people in place on the Supreme Court and other federal courts.  I could most definitely be wrong about that.  The other choice is Hillary and well we already know that she has little use for the laws in our country.  I'll take the lesser of two evils.  It's sad that it has come to this.  Everybody was bitching about how Cruz wanted to turn this country in a theocracy when I don't believe for one second that he had the slightest intention of doing that.  He had his flaws but he was damn site better than others running in the field.

You're not making sense. You care about the Supreme Court making good decisions but you don't care about an executive branch that can't be trusted to enforce them? What are you after here, a nice group picture of justices you like and printouts of majority decisions that you can also frame, or laws you favor being legally enforced?

Most people need both to be satisfied because one is no good without the other. Nobody wants bad laws being enforced or good laws not being enforced. You want to get rid of the former and usher in the latter?

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 13, 2016, 01:51:47 AM
You're not making sense. You care about the Supreme Court making good decisions but you don't care about an executive branch that can't be trusted to enforce them? What are you after here, a nice group picture of justices you like and printouts of majority decisions that you can also frame, or laws you favor being legally enforced?

Most people need both to be satisfied because one is no good without the other. Nobody wants bad laws being enforced or good laws not being enforced. You want to get rid of the former and usher in the latter?

No,  but both candidates won't preserve and defend the Constitution.  Trump will more than likely pick better justices than Hillary though.  It is not guaranteed but it could very well happen.  It is pitiful that it has come to this.  If Trump does something unconstitutional, he should get the boot just as I believe the current president should have gotten the boot but people were too afraid to do that.  They didn't want to be labeled racist. Understandable but also sad.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 13, 2016, 02:12:12 AM
No,  but both candidates won't preserve and defend the Constitution.  Trump will more than likely pick better justices than Hillary though.  It is not guaranteed but it could very well happen.  It is pitiful that it has come to this.  If Trump does something unconstitutional, he should get the boot just as I believe the current president should have gotten the boot but people were too afraid to do that.  They didn't want to be labeled racist. Understandable but also sad.

What you're saying is analogous to choosing between two flights, both of which you believe will crash. But you're choosing to take Flight A because the service is better.

I really think you have no business voting for either of these candidates. If you really believe that neither can be trusted to defend the constitution, not voting for them is the only decent and honorable thing to do. Either that or figure out a way to convince yourself that one of them can be trusted, between now and the election.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Value Of Pi on June 13, 2016, 01:28:48 AM

And you trust Hillary Clinton to do any of that? You just haven't figured out how to spot a bullshit artist properly. Yeah, in some ways you see through Trump. That's great. But what you can't seem to see is that THEY ARE ALL bullshit artists. That's the job of a politician. That's how that biz works. Trump is just worse at being a bullshit artist than Hillary so he screws up and puts his foot in his mouth. But don't for a minute think that any person in this primary - regardless of party - isn't a complete, absolute, polished, dangerous, sociopathic bullshit artist. That's what politicians are. All of them. And it's the ones that can hide that fact from you that are really dangerous. That's how they get elected, they present a polished front. The ones that can't hide it are the better option. I'd rather see through Trump than have Hillary pull a fast one on us. We're closer to truth that way.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 13, 2016, 02:43:35 AM
And you trust Hillary Clinton to do any of that? You just haven't figured out how to spot a bullshit artist properly. Yeah, in some ways you see through Trump. That's great. But what you can't seem to see is that THEY ARE ALL bullshit artists. That's the job of a politician. That's how that biz works. Trump is just worse at being a bullshit artist than Hillary so he screws up and puts his foot in his mouth. But don't for a minute think that any person in this primary - regardless of party - isn't a complete, absolute, polished, dangerous, sociopathic bullshit artist. That's what politicians are. All of them. And it's the ones that can hide that fact from you that are really dangerous. That's how they get elected, they present a polished front. The ones that can't hide it are the better option. I'd rather see through Trump than have Hillary pull a fast one on us. We're closer to truth that way.

They're both BS artists. I'm not going to decide my vote based on which one is better or worse at it since I can see through both of them equally well. I will decide based on what I think they'll do in office.

Trump is likely to get us in deep trouble long before he is finally impeached. Hillary would simply waste four years and not get much done. I know which scenario I prefer.