• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

You go, Heather, and don't sweat the technical difficulties!  Do this if you have to--

Element 115

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 14, 2015, 11:09:38 PM
We were worried about you. Thanks for letting us know, we'll alert the media.

lol

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Sean92008 on December 14, 2015, 11:08:15 PM
Hard for me to listen and give her a chance...  Someone (Keith?) has an open mic and seems to be weezing/coughing continually.

FUCKING AMATEUR HOUR.

I just heard snot sucking...

Done.  Just closed the window at 9:06 PT.  Won't listen.  Sorry Heather.
You won't be missed . . . .

anunnaki

Quote from: Sean92008 on December 14, 2015, 11:07:06 PM
Hard for me to listen and give her a chance...  Someone (Keith?) has an open mic and seems to be weezing/coughing continually.

FUCKING AMATEUR HOUR.

I just heard snot sucking...

Done.  Just closed the window.  Won't listen.  Sorry Heather.
I heard it too, blowing the nose, clearing the throat,coughing.

This is snot a show I will listen to !

Quote from: FLLFlash on December 14, 2015, 11:09:54 PM
Maybe she couldn't hear it in her IFB. Otherwise it should be easily potted down on a mixer.

There should be a gate on the audio so that when not talking the mic effectively shuts off til a high enough talking voice commences.

akwilly

This sucks ass. Radio is playing Art Bell.

slippingaway

Thought maybe Keith has an open mic again. He's done it to Art too, so don't hold it against Heather too badly.  She will find her groove, quickly

FLLFlash

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 14, 2015, 11:05:44 PM
I thought this was a replay of Friday till I heard all the breathing from Skype.

That's why it was there.

Juan Cena

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 14, 2015, 11:01:16 PM
It's Heather's House.

(Let's not give any more psychopaths any more information than they need, please?)

JamesMcDonald

Heather's getting cocky playing that song.   8)

Quote from: Zenman on December 14, 2015, 11:10:20 PM
I hope he makes it thru the interview ok. Sounds like he's about to keel over, or already has.

If he has, Heather can get him to do the show through the Light of Brian lady.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Juan Cena on December 14, 2015, 11:11:16 PM
(Let's not give any more psychopaths any more information than they need, please?)
I heard it was in not Nevada.

ProfessorLoco

Wow...  Pretty rough, but I've felt that way before.  On the other hand, I think I may renew my subscription and see how this runs.  I'm sure Art is going to have a hand in programming, and those folks who want to be heard on an alternative forum from C2C will still want to come on here as a First Choice.  Even though I'm a tough cookie when it comes to content, I think I'll give her a reasonable chance.  6 months x 5 bucks...I can swing it!

Dr. MD MD

So, he gave up taking a bite out of crime to investigate ghosts? Seems like his time might've been better served being a crime dog  :P

JamesMcDonald

"Heather Wade's In"

/too corny
/self reported

Spinner

And we're off!  I'd love to say that the intro segment was great, but all that background noise was quite distracting. Other than that, Heather sounds strong and confident, and I really appreciated her rundown of what has been happening to Art over the last month or so.

Now, let's listen to the interview with Tobias McGriff.
Go, Heather!

Echo

Quote from: akwilly on December 14, 2015, 09:53:00 PM
I am goinga be ticked off if my radio station plays a rerun of Art. I hope to hear Redacted over the air waves. I know everyone is offering up suggestions to her on how to run her show. Mine would be for her to have a guest on but at the same time field calls the whole time. Don't let the guest just go on and on. Let us ask them questions, kinda like being at a party were there is someone very interesting but you don't want that person doing all the talking. Also if the guest has a resume that is a freaking page long dump him or her. Interesting people don't need documents or "degrees" all the time.

https://twitter.com/ArtBellCom/status/676577718612267009

They have a better chance of keeping listeners by rebroadcasting old shows.

SciFiAuthor

Tobias McGriff is cool, he's a Bellgabber.

Element 115

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 14, 2015, 11:12:07 PM

lmao

FLLFlash

Quote from: Auslandia on December 14, 2015, 11:06:44 PM
"Art bell hangs it up for good" vs "He may be back at any time"

Yeah... Lol.  That makes so much sense

Any of this makes sense?

If it totally made sense I might not be here.

Robert

Quote from: QuantumMystics on December 14, 2015, 11:06:52 PMWhy not just do a podcast? No need to do a live show can upload the podcast at will whenever he likes until this clears up? Then you could play that podcast and put in the breaks and bumper music as Art needs, having that show on here then.
Funny thing about that: Even people doing a non-phone-in (or Skype-in) show say there's something lost when going from live to pre-recorded.  I found that out when "Post Serial", a weekly comedy program, went off WCWP (C.W. Post College), Brookville, Long Is.  Some alums of that program have gone on to bigger things in radio, e.g. Mike Mamon on WABC.  They stopped doing it because their schedules no longer permitted it.  I asked, why not pre-record, especially considering that some of their funniest segments were pre-recorded bits?  It was either Time Hernandez or Rich Fresita who answered that they got valuable feedback from people phoning them off-mic while they were on air.  Apparently they felt it made a big difference as to the quality of the program they thought they could do.

The Snorchlax

She needs to mute her guests when they are on the line waiting to go on

You could hear the guy sucking in mucous and coughing

it's ok!  Art Bell is probably listening and will give her tips and constructive criticism

Better than Dave, even with the tuberculosis victim EVPs.

Zenman

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 14, 2015, 11:12:07 PM

lol

He sounds a lot more alive than I expected.

Juan Cena

I just hope Art finds the psycho-stalker, drags him down to the sex  dungeon, cranks the Enya up to eleven, and has his way  with him.

Auslandia

I just popped 25 cc's of chaga with a vodka chaser.  Pray for me