Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: VC on March 05, 2019, 03:20:13 PM
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/complicated-grief/symptoms-causes/syc-20360374

My bold text below indicates where HW is not exactly matching-up with this diagnosis:

Overview

Losing a loved one is one of the most distressing and, unfortunately, common experiences people face. Most people experiencing normal grief and bereavement have a period of sorrow, numbness, and even guilt and anger. Gradually these feelings ease, and it's possible to accept loss and move forward.

For some people, feelings of loss are debilitating and don't improve even after time passes. This is known as complicated grief, sometimes called persistent complex bereavement disorder. In complicated grief, painful emotions are so long lasting and severe that you have trouble recovering from the loss and resuming your own life.

Different people follow different paths through the grieving experience. The order and timing of these phases may vary from person to person:

Accepting the reality of your loss
    Allowing yourself to experience the pain of your loss
    Adjusting to a new reality in which the deceased is no longer present
    Having other relationships (HW said she had a new romantic love w/man in her life.)

These differences are normal. But if you're unable to move through these stages more than a year after the death of a loved one, you may have complicated grief. If so, seek treatment. It can help you come to terms with your loss and reclaim a sense of acceptance and peace.
============End of excerpt.

It has not been a year since AB died, so HW can't be diagnosed with complicated grief, but it seems she does have these symptoms so far. Also, HW said nothing about her new love in her life after mentioning it one time that I'm aware of, so I wouldn't be surprised that the relationship failed already. Anyone know more about this?

I hear you, and I'm familiar with all that, but I don't believe Heather is experiencing grief.  I think she is hiding her embarassment from herself (and others) by calling it grief, instead of recognizing it as embarrassment.  Calling it "grief", makes her behavior far more understandable to her own mind, and to others,  than calling it embarrassment would.

She, and her fans can accept her not showing up for work for months, if you call it grief.  If you just call it embarrassment, not so much.

Heather said in her meltdown of the show that was supposed to be the show of the 13th, that she didn't have Art anymore to protect her.  She was, in essence, admitting that she herself, was not capable of running the show on her own, without Arts help, probably both technical, and emotional support, somebody to tell her she is great every day, no matter what anybody else said, no matter the subscription count.  Heather chose who she wanted to believe.  She IS an adult.

Heather feels sorry for herself, because she depended on Art, in order to do her show. When Art passed, Heather lost the one who protected her ability to do the show.  If Heather is experiencing grief, it's for the Successful Radio Show Host, that she never became.  IMO.

VC

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 02, 2019, 03:32:51 PM
All I can say is that the (redacted) YT post most accurately resembles the actual situation as I know it.

Have you been in communication with HW since December? If yes, then is there anything you can tell us about?

I honestly hope she is still in that romantic "love relationship" she said she had with a new man in her life. But she said she was all alone in one of her December shows. That's not healthy considering her isolated situation.

ItsOver

Eh, Art Bell, Heater, Art, Heater, Heater...come for the paranormal, end up with a soap opera.  Mercifully, the curtain is coming down on this show, hopefully.

Anyone know anything about this guy?

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on March 05, 2019, 03:06:03 PM
If you think about it a bit.  Heather is probably not only embarrassed about her "radio carreer", she is probably also embarrassed, as a representative of whatever kind of "witchcraft" she professes to be a practitioner of.  She has admitted that she's not sure she believes in magic anymore, at least not the kind of magic she's been practicing.  I think we can all agree, that her karmic feedback hasn't been good.

I've referenced Mask Theory here before so I won't bore, especially since I've retained just enough to make a fool of myself, but I think you could accurately describe this as an identity crisis, i. e. the identity she inhabits (which from its superficial Circe pasticherie probably dates from her teenage years in a small town where it wowed the yokels) is no longer convincing, the ill fit causes no end of embarrassment, and she needs a new one.  It's hard to do this late in life.

The sheer cynicism of Mask Theory appeals to me -- there is no authentic self, just a construction agreed upon between you and your audience-of-the-moment -- and of course it appeals to drama and literature types for whom character analysis is second nature, but there is a certain compassion in recognizing the real person peeping through the eye-holes trying to figure things out, and who can, at any time, shed the blood- and tomato-spattered old costume for another more suitable.

VC

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 05, 2019, 04:37:36 PM
I've referenced Mask Theory here before so I won't bore, especially since I've retained just enough to make a fool of myself, but I think you could accurately describe this as an identity crisis, i. e. the identity she inhabits (which from its superficial Circe pasticherie probably dates from her teenage years in a small town where it wowed the yokels) is no longer convincing, the ill fit causes no end of embarrassment, and she needs a new one.  It's hard to do this late in life.

The sheer cynicism of Mask Theory appeals to me -- there is no authentic self, just an agreed-upon construction between you and your audience-of-the-moment -- and of course it appeals to drama and literature types for whom character analysis is second nature, but there is a certain compassion in recognizing the real person peeping through the eye-holes trying to figure things out, and who can, at any time, shed the blood- and tomato-spattered old costume for another more suitable.

HW has highly addicted brain/body OCD/ADD obsessions that seems related to substance abuse that is made far worse by Social Media isolation addictions. Listening to HW in her three main meltdown shows in Nov/December clearly demonstrate her brain is completely fucked-over by SM fan/helper obsessions including cell phone, messenger, FB, email, forums, skype, her computer tech, according to Tony, with 20 conversations going on at once. She was constantly blaming her fans and helpers for taking-up her time, so she could not sleep. I think Tony mentioned her going for 72 hrs w/o sleep.

Regardless of any exaggerations by Tony, HW herself has revealed severe and extremely damaging Social Media addictions that have destroyed her sanity and health. She is externalizing all the blame on her fans/helpers not realizing she is her own worst enemy. I think she needs medications that can address these kinds of OCD/ADD SM isolation tech addictions, and she has to get out of her isolation at home too.

HW ought to get a job that involves daily contact with people outside her home, and then do a weekend podcast until she can fully heal and risk doing that full time again.

Also, I think she needs at least one trusted person that could act as a head hunter for guests too. She seems unable to cope doing KoN alone. I don't think that is a fault or incompetence, but, rather, it is a strength and real requirement for her to have another person helping her. Most people could never do this alone by themselves. She needs a business partner that can help her succeed. She is a loner, but she needs other capable people helping her in order to succeed.

K_Dubb

Quote from: VC on March 05, 2019, 05:16:48 PM

Also, I think she needs at least one trusted person that could act as a head hunter for guests too. She seems unable to cope doing KoN alone. I don't think that is a fault or incompetence, but, rather, it is a strength and real requirement for her to have another person helping her. Most people could never do this alone by themselves. She needs a business partner that can help her succeed. She is a loner, but she needs other capable people helping her in order to succeed.

You sound like you understand her situation really well.  Are you interested in the position?

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 05, 2019, 05:28:21 PM
You sound like you understand her situation really well.  Are you interested in the position?

Lilith

Quote from: VC on March 05, 2019, 05:16:48 PM

HW ought to get a job that involves daily contact with people outside her home, and then do a weekend podcast until she can fully heal and risk doing that full time again.

I'm no expert, but I think Heather should stay out of the public eye completely.  As long as shes in the public eye, she will be spending all her time, trying to read every social media comment about herself, even if she's only on the air one night a week with a co-host, or AS a co-host. She will be constantly checking to see if the publics view of herself, is the same as her own view of herself, and if it doesn't, she will be in a constant state of frustration, that the public, does not see her, the way she sees herself.  She just doesn't have any sense of humor about herself as a person, that helps most people cope with their own day to day lives. IMO.

She's had plenty of capable people spending 6 hours a day on the phone listening to her, and trying to help her, and she's had plenty of wonderful guests who did their best to try to help her keep the show going, and tell her how marvelous she is.

VC

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 05, 2019, 05:28:21 PM

A true friend of HW's should help her make amends with Airyn or at least sincerely apologize to her, and somehow win over Airyn's trust again -IF- HW ever had that kind of relationship with Airyn before. As long as HW's relationship with AB was not sexual or meant to replace Airyn in some bizarre kind of romantic love, then I think HW could possibly heal that relationship she had with Airyn assuming it was a healthy and friendly relationship beforehand.

I may understand some of HW's problems, but that certainly does NOT mean I could possibly resolve her OCD/ADD SM addictions or help her find guests for her show.

Seriously! HW needs real medical care from an experienced professional that can get her meds and help her cure her SM isolation loner addictions too. HW has to accept responsibility for her own mistakes, and I haven't heard anything in her meltdown shows that she's ready to seek and get real help considering "where" she is placing all the blame for now... on her fans, helpers, and AB's alleged suicide. That dog and kitty cat won't hunt. Shit and get off the Pot(s) and potties, so to speak. ;)

Lilith

I think one of Heathers biggest mistakes, was giving out her address, for fans to send her gifts.  Even if the gifts are only painted rocks, fans that take the time to develop a relationship with a host, to feel enough of an emotional connection to send gifts, are going to expect at least the gift of time and attention from Heather in return, something she seemed to resent extremely.

Another mistake, for a person in the public eye, is to talk about their private life, in any way, shape or form, no matter how strong the urge is to explain things to a conjecturing public.

It's like any other job. You are paid to do a job. Bosses don't pay you to tell them your problems, and they don't pay you to ask them for help, and employees aren't paid to listen to your problems, they're paid to do their job.

I don't think Heather should have EVER moved into the cuckshed, let alone TELL people she had moved there.  I mean, lets face it, Dave Shroeder didn't have to move into the cuckshed, to do MITD.

I'm surprised Heather didn't move in next door to Vara when she moved to the LNM Network.  8)

ItsOver

Quote from: Jackstar on March 05, 2019, 05:41:56 PM

[attachment=1,msg1317813]
Heh...it's all about the hands.  Show me the hands!

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on March 05, 2019, 05:56:57 PM

...I don't think Heather should have EVER moved into the cuckshed, let alone TELL people she had moved there...
Well there's always that.  Who needs an MV parody song.

VC

I don't think Heather should have EVER moved into the cuckshed, let alone TELL people she had moved there.

Wasn't she "outed" and "doxed" by Dale in Austin? Also, others, like Sean92008 , confirmed w/property tax records too?

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 05, 2019, 04:37:36 PM

The sheer cynicism of Mask Theory appeals to me -- there is no authentic self, just a construction agreed upon between you and your audience-of-the-moment -- and of course it appeals to drama and literature types for whom character analysis is second nature, but there is a certain compassion in recognizing the real person peeping through the eye-holes trying to figure things out, and who can, at any time, shed the blood- and tomato-spattered old costume for another more suitable.

I'm going to have to look that up.  Presently, I am reading "the man who was not there." It is all about "self," and what that means / how it is formed. So far, it has been a pretty good book dealing with Alzheimer's, brain / body connection and an upcoming chapter on Asperger's as well has when we form our opinion of who we are and what that really means...

But so far no mention of "mask theory." :(

WOTR

Quote from: VC on March 05, 2019, 05:48:40 PM
A true friend of HW's should help her make amends with Airyn or at least sincerely apologize to her, and somehow win over Airyn's trust again -IF- HW ever had that kind of relationship with Airyn before. As long as HW's relationship with AB was not sexual or meant to replace Airyn in some bizarre kind of romantic love, then I think HW could possibly heal that relationship she had with Airyn assuming it was a healthy and friendly relationship beforehand.
I think we are going to disagree again. I'm just going to say that I cannot imagine that there is any possibility of a relationship even approaching the thinnest appearance of "healthy" to be had.

Too much bad blood, too much water under the bridge, and until Heather has managed to "heal" having Airyn supporting her through her grieving and talking for hours on the phone like her producers each day is simply a bad idea.

I think a friend would simply tell her to leave that part of her life behind for a few years until she is doing better... Then MAYBE go back and have a discussion if there is anything to be gained by either party having done so.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 05, 2019, 02:05:29 PM
I have always rebelled against the idea of collective responsibility though acknowledge it exists.  I think this place is responsible for putting Heather where she is, for example, though between her vamping and our creeping I do not care to untangle the threads of blame.

People who choose to go public make a sort of exhibitionist's bargain, like a tightrope walker before a crowd.  Sure the attention makes everything more dangerous but, for those of us in the audience, there is a clear line between being a spectator and, say, throwing things.

The only part that makes me a little squooshy is whether she fully understood the bargain she was making, but in this age that is patronizing and I should put it away and sit down.
A very interesting take. I suppose the question could be asked if we are attending a live theater performance, or if it is a screening of the rocky horror picture show where we have all dressed in our best and brought our rubber gloves, toast, and greeting cards...

Just what is the acceptable level of audience participation for this event?*

*I suppose my argument was simply that the theater appears to have closed and given the last performance with a few stragglers still screaming wildly at an empty stage / blank screen while hurling cylindrical shaped tubes of mystery meat...

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on March 06, 2019, 12:22:07 AM
A very interesting take. I suppose the question could be asked if we are attending a live theater performance, or if it is a screening of the rocky horror picture show where we have all dressed in our best and brought our rubber gloves, toast, and greeting cards...

Just what is the acceptable level of audience participation for this event?*

*I suppose my argument was simply that the theater appears to have closed and given the last performance with a few stragglers still screaming wildly at an empty stage / blank screen while hurling cylindrical shaped tubes of mystery meat...

Haha yeah I see your point but you don't get to put the attention genie back in the bottle once you've summoned it.  I'd rule anything short of narcing as fair, and that's only because I'm slacker generation and narcing is a mortal sin.  Though now it has turned in to quite a sport, I see.

As far as gossip, which I admit I love far too much, she's repeatedly transgressed the proscenium making friends with the audience and then enemies of those friends and has to suffer for that amateur foolishness.

damon

I think one of Heathers biggest mistakes, was giving out her address, for fans to send her gifts.  Even if the gifts are only painted rocks, fans that take the time to develop a relationship with a host, to feel enough of an emotional connection to send gifts, are going to expect at least the gift of time and attention from Heather in return, something she seemed to resent extremely.

Another mistake, for a person in the public eye, is to talk about their private life, in any way, shape or form, no matter how strong the urge is to explain things to a conjecturing public.

It's like any other job. You are paid to do a job. Bosses don't pay you to tell them your problems, and they don't pay you to ask them for help, and employees aren't paid to listen to your problems, they're paid to do their job.

I don't think Heather should have EVER moved into the cuckshed, let alone TELL people she had moved there.  I mean, lets face it, Dave Shroeder didn't have to move into the cuckshed, to do MITD.

I'm surprised Heather didn't move in next door to Vara when she moved to the LNM Network.  8)
No one said that Heather Wade was a very smart person Brig. Maybe she let people know where she lived was because she was a very lonely person. I do agree with you that she should not have moved next door to Art and his family. With today computers and high speed internet, anyone can host a radio show, podcast or an internet radio show from anywhere in the world. Just look at what was done with the gabcast. We had co-host from different parts of the US and the world if you counted Jazmunda from the land down under. So Heather really fucked up by moving from California to Pahrump NV.

VC

Quote from: damon on March 06, 2019, 01:28:23 AM
So Heather really fucked up by moving from California to Pahrump NV.

I think Art's persuasion had a lot to do with this. HW still idolizes AB. She was writing AB by email for years before she finally met him. She later learned Art was reading at least some of those emails too, so I think she was a super fan that adored AB. She would be very vulnerable to loving him deeply considering her background, love of AB's radio personality and topics, and her own occult witchcraft interests too.

How did AB find HW as his producer to begin with? I'm guessing from her initial meeting and interview of AB or ?

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on March 06, 2019, 12:22:07 AM
...Just what is the acceptable level of audience participation for this event?*
Beyond Liberace, who is suppose to determine this ruling?  The SCOTUS probably has other things to keep it busy but it shouldn't stop the UN or California from ruling that further audience participation has been determined by the state to cause cancer.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: WildCard on March 03, 2019, 01:52:18 PM
ha. Fuckin RA! Always stealin my ideas.

#RemoteViewingWorks
#NiceShirt

VC

Quote from: Jackstar on March 06, 2019, 04:14:45 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreliable_narrator

this.whole.thread.

Did you always play with matches even as a child? Did you make your own smoke or stink bombs? Did you light-up many flares or campfires?

At least we now know HW does read this thread. I wonder if she ever still posts here as a sock puppet?

Hi Heather! Hope you're having fun with that new man you love in life. For real. :D

If not, then seek professional help. Don't read here or elsewhere on FB or SM except for one day every two weeks or less. Get outside and do things with people, so you're no longer isolated and alone. Enjoy life again. You'll never be happy doing KoN alone. You need a business partner. How about that Lundgren [sp?] radio station owner? What about Whitley S.?

Jackstar

Quote from: VC on March 06, 2019, 04:50:04 PM
Did you always play with matches even as a child? Did you make your own smoke or stink bombs? Did you light-up many flares or campfires?

Do you always rely on strawman arguments, or is it just while you're on the job?

VC

Quote from: Jackstar on March 06, 2019, 05:00:55 PM
Do you always rely on strawman arguments, or is it just while you're on the job?

You're a man of too many words. We understand. Fully.

The honeypot full of hooks.

Jackstar

Quote from: VC on March 06, 2019, 05:04:04 PM
You're a man of too many words.

Perhaps you could ask for a refund.

VC

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 06, 2019, 03:20:37 PM
#RemoteViewingWorks
#NiceShirt

You have a great sense of sly undercut humor that's funny too. This forum needs you to stick around and post often, as "they" say. ;)

Quote from: Jackstar on March 06, 2019, 05:09:32 PM
Perhaps you could ask for a refund.

No way! You're worth it. :)

VC

DH...Got a link?

QuoteDynamoHum

Today at 08:35:17 AM »

Did the second part of the Tony interview today ...between whiny Ringo and coughing fits it should be fit to go out later. :) There’s some good talking to be done from listening to that I think.  :)