• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151110 - Jim Elvidge - Digital Simulated Reality - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 10, 2015, 04:40:50 PM

Quote from: starrmtn001 on November 11, 2015, 12:55:57 AM
How about going back and giving dave's dad a condom?

Someone was asking about death earlier, but this is a very good example of why it is needed.  Guys like Noory would never vacate his position if he stayed young forever, and we would all be stuck in some twisted stupid version of the 1950s for the rest of eternity.   There would never be a chance for people like Bateman or Amy to make their marks and move us forward.

Barfly

Quote from: Darth Sandra on November 11, 2015, 12:57:25 AM
I don't know! I put him in the same jar as Barfly on my shelf so he should be here. :(
Hi Bob, liking the avatar

inuk2600

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 11, 2015, 12:51:13 AM
I'm a little older that Barfly. Trust me, sooner or later it will sink in that you ARE going to die. After that you can spend the remainder of your life getting good with it.

I agree, my point is there are wonderful new things to look forward to seeing in the near future. Things in fundamental physics, the discovery of life on another world, the genesis of life here on earth, AI, all interesting enough to want to stick around to see.

Spinner

I need to get some stuff done, so I better get to it..
Bye for now, everyone!

FLLFlash

Quote from: Zenman on November 11, 2015, 12:33:17 AM
Yes, I believe!

Hail The Grand Ultimate Programmer!

That would be GAOTU, no? (See I tied in Freemasonry!)

maren

Quote from: QuantumMystics on November 11, 2015, 12:58:24 AM

BTW, have you read Gregg Braden's Fractal Time?  Really interesting.  I'd suggested him as a guest to Heather when she first got the producer gig, but should probably suggest him again.  One of my faves.

ZomZom

Quote from: bateman on November 11, 2015, 01:02:10 AM
This is a new Bell classic. Maybe my favorite MITD to date.
Yes, enjoying this one tremendously.  The thread, too.

Lilith

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 11, 2015, 12:53:53 AM
Heh, yeah, this is a great program tonight. I'm eating it up.

Speaking of "eating it up"  I tried bringing this topic up around the dinner table once , and decided never to bring it up ever again, anywhere.  lol's

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 11, 2015, 12:53:44 AM
FUCK THIS!

This is a good argument for going back to living in caves and hunting/gathering.
Do we all still not, so to speak?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: brig on November 11, 2015, 01:03:25 AM
Speaking of "eating it up"  I tried bringing this topic up around the dinner table once , and decided never to bring it up ever again, anywhere.  lol's

Story of my life LOL

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on November 11, 2015, 01:02:10 AM
This is a new Bell classic. Maybe my favorite MITD to date.

Mine too. I really like this guest and hope he returns to talk about this or other topics.

Zenman

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 12:59:26 AM
Definitely one to replay (since I'm missing a lot trying to read all the insightful posts).  I was going to respond to your post on this, but things just keep moving so fast!

It seems majority of those here find it at least interesting.  Kudos to (Redacted)!!!

Yes, Hail Redacted indeed. I'm not able to completely keep up with the thread and listen at the same time, especially with a great guest like this. I'm mostly listening tonight.

Gumby, Dammit

I know that dinner table. Sheesh. Don't let it rock your world, brig...

ZomZom

Thanks to Art and MV we are safe, here.

maren

I don't think there are 7 billion "souls" kicking around -- I think there's ONE energy, and we're all an extension/part of it.  And IT just keeps growing. 

Get the net, I know.

Barfly

I dont like taking about 3 things with friends.
Politics
Religion
Painful personal rectal itch

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2015, 01:05:02 AM
Mine too. I really like this guest and hope he returns to talk about this or other topics.

Like dinosaurs.

ZomZom

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 01:05:33 AM
I don't think there are 7 billion "souls" kicking around -- I think there's ONE energy, and we're all an extension/part of it.  And IT just keeps growing. 

Get the net, I know.
I've suspected the same.  We're all the same person.

FLLFlash

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 11, 2015, 12:41:25 AM
What if the whole point was conflict? Like an ant farm. Get everyone fighting with each other and then give them what they want when they die?

This.

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 01:02:55 AM
BTW, have you read Gregg Braden's Fractal Time?  Really interesting.  I'd suggested him as a guest to Heather when she first got the producer gig, but should probably suggest him again.  One of my faves.

No, but I've read Mandelbrots stuff and Chaos Theory books.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 01:00:54 AM
The mandlebrot set is a headbanger for me.  Makes me crazy.
Yeahbut...try the Julia set...woohooo!