• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sports Kneelers

Started by Zenman, September 24, 2017, 02:09:25 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2017, 09:21:17 AM
There were so many great games yesterday all around the NFL. A very good day of football.  Seeing management, coaches and players of all races and creeds, arms locked, standing, sitting or kneeling was truly inspiring and represented what's best about America.  All unified in protest against hate, bigotry and divisiveness as personified by President Trump.

I support you 100%. I'm all for women kneeling.  ;) ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: WOTR on September 25, 2017, 09:45:21 AM
I suspect that a few of the loudest complainers on Bellgab probably could not even refrain from supporting the league on the same day they were here typing how outraged they were.  They likely belong to fantasy football pools and "need" to know how they are doing and require something for small talk around the water cooler this morning.

***I also suspect that at least a few people who burned their ticket are at the box office today reporting them "lost" and asking for a replacement...

Yes, I am cynical realistic.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 25, 2017, 09:38:38 AM
There is no ends. There never is with leftwing hate. Disrespecting the country and those help protect us all,

Fuck you. You're taking Trump's lead and using the non sequitur of protesting against Trump with disrespecting fallen and injured military personnel. One has nothing to do with the other. Wrapping yourself in the flag doesn't make you more patriotic.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 09:11:17 AM
Now being POTUS is a privilege, its a pity Trump sees it as just another money making opportunity for him and his family.

Evidence of this?  ???

Oh, right...you're just a propagandist.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 25, 2017, 09:52:28 AM
Evidence of this?  ???

Oh, right...you're just a propagandist. I'm just a self deluded, blind and deaf moron::)

Yeah, we know..  ::)

Gd5150

Quote from: WOTR on September 25, 2017, 09:45:21 AM
Yes, I am cynical.

"There is nothing so pitiful as a young cynic because he has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing." Maya Angelou

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 09:51:21 AM
Wrapping yourself in the flag doesn't make you more patriotic.

Tell it to this guy:

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 09:56:02 AM

Yeah...A cartoon: Drawn to death.  :-\

How dare you besmirch the work of Jack Kirby! You cad!  >:(

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2017, 09:45:45 AM
Those kneeling were not showing disrespect for the flag or national anthem. It started and continues as a protest against the Ferguson incident as a symbol of the ongoing rampant inequality in the country where "all men are created equal". Yesterday was a demonstration of solidarity and support for each other and protecting our freedom of speech from those who want to take that freedom away.  Even if the main perpetrator is the President of the "United" States

Seems like the main person that didn't bother remembering all men were created equal was Michael Brown. The 300 pound 6'4" hulk of a thug that terrorized a convenience store owner and then broke the eye socket of a cop that was asking him to get out of the street. Given the chance to run away to fight another day, he charged the cop, who, fearing for his life, shot in self defense.

Lives were ruined beginning that day and they all began with Michael Brown believing he was the biggest, badest mother on the block that nobody was supposed to mess with.

The same MSM that spun that story into "Hands up, Don't Shoot" is spinning this narrative. End of story.

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 25, 2017, 09:52:28 AM
Evidence of this?  ???

Oh, right...you're just a propagandist.  ::)

Tons of evidence. Increased prices at Mar a Lago. Staying at his own resorts and charging his staff and secret service, continued expansion of the Trump brand worldwide. I could cite lots of examples but it's pointless

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 09:58:55 AM
Seems like the main person that didn't bother remembering all men were created equal was Michael Brwon. The 300 pound 6'4" hulk of a thug that terrorized a convenience store owner and then broke the eye socket of a cop that was asking him to get out of the street. Given the chance to run away to fight another day, he charged the cop, who, fearing for his life, shot in self defense.

Lives were ruined beginning that day and they all began with Michael Brown believing he was the biggest, badest mother on the block that nobody was supposed to mess with.

Shhh! Reality interferes with their narratives.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2017, 10:00:06 AM
Tons of evidence. Increased prices at Mar a Lago. Staying at his own resorts and charging his staff and secret service, continued expansion of the Trump brand worldwide. I could cite lots of examples but it's pointless

Pointless or non-existent?  ???

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2017, 10:04:27 AM
lol. Oh doc. You never stop. Just after you complained about propaganda. Priceless

Your criticism is just so specific it's devastating.  :-\

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2017, 10:05:34 AM
Exactly how I think of you

Sure, that's why you're responding to my posts.  ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 25, 2017, 09:59:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99090SETm3o

You can depend on Alex to get his well rounded view involved. Hasn't he any over priced supplements to sell?  :-\

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 25, 2017, 10:06:52 AM
You can depend on Alex to get his well rounded view involved. Hasn't he any over priced supplements to sell?  :-\

Yes, he has one on sale now that's supposed to help with the knees.  :D

Taaroa

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2017, 09:45:45 AM
Those kneeling were not showing disrespect for the flag or national anthem. It started and continues as a protest against the Ferguson incident as a symbol of the ongoing rampant inequality in the country where "all men are created equal". Yesterday was a demonstration of solidarity and support for each other and protecting our freedom of speech from those who want to take that freedom away.  Even if the main perpetrator is the President of the "United" States

What do they expect to happen though? And it's not like professional sportsmen are particularly downtrodden...

TigerLily

Quote from: Taaroa on September 25, 2017, 10:09:50 AM
What do they expect to happen though? And it's not like professional sportsmen are particularly downtrodden...

They expect to use their tv time to shine a spotlight on the continuing problem of race inequality. No, they all make great money but many come from downtrodden neighborhoods. They are not protesting so much or at least not just for themselves - even though there are plenty of examples of being arrested and abused for DWB for rich, successful ballplayers - but also for all downtrodden Americans, especially Black Americans. After all, all things being equal in the land of equality and opportunity, black lives matter too

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 09:58:55 AM
Seems like the main person that didn't bother remembering all men were created equal was Michael Brown. The 300 pound 6'4" hulk of a thug that terrorized a convenience store owner and then broke the eye socket of a cop that was asking him to get out of the street. Given the chance to run away to fight another day, he charged the cop, who, fearing for his life, shot in self defense.

The same MSM that spun that story into "Hands up, Don't Shoot" is spinning this narrative. End of story.

I don't think Ferguson happened because of one particular young black man shot down on the street like a dog but the feeling here's yet another young black man shot down on the street like a dog. The rioting started immediately as word spread through the neighborhood without the benefit of CNN or Fox News spin.  And you do remember the findings about the corruption and bigotry in the Ferguson Police Department? Michael Brown was just the lighted match

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 25, 2017, 10:32:03 AM
I don't think Ferguson happened because of one particular young black man shot down on the street like a dog but the feeling here's yet another young black man shot down on the street like a dog. The rioting started immediately as word spread through the neighborhood without the benefit of CNN or Fox News spin.  And you do remember the findings about the corruption and bigotry in the Ferguson Police Department? Michael Brown was just the lighted match

The rioting did not begin immediately. A peaceful protest had begun the next day until approximately 36 hours after the event the looting began. The chant should have been "Don't shoot, let us loot". The same as it often is when BLM or Antifa take to the streets while being encourage by the democrats. The real escalation began 6-7 days later. Prior to that the police chief had already led a peaceful march in response to the initial looting. It wasn't until outside agitators were bussed in and national reporters were on the scene did it get totally out of control.

Prior to that incident Ferguson had a lower crime rate than most neighboring communities. (In spite of, or maybe because of the fact that 49 of 53 police officers were white)

The militarization of police might have contributed but the anarchists that arrived from out of state are the primary reason it escalated the way it did.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 25, 2017, 10:48:45 AM
The rioting did not begin immediately. A peaceful protest had begun the next day until approximately 36 hours after the event the looting began. The chant should have been "Don't shoot, let us loot". The same as it often is when BLM or Antifa take to the streets while being encourage by the democrats. The real escalation began 6-7 days later. Prior to that the police chief had already led a peaceful march in response to the initial looting. It wasn't until outside agitators were bussed in and national reporters were on the scene did it get totally out of control.

Prior to that incident Ferguson had a lower crime rate than most neighboring communities. (In spite of, or maybe because of the fact that 49 of 53 police officers were white)

The militarization of police might have contributed but the anarchists that arrived from out of state are the primary reason it escalated the way it did.

Grassroots are passe to the Dems because they know they can't rally enough of it to make a difference with their lack of message. It's all astroturf for them now.  ;)

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 25, 2017, 08:59:58 AM
Very informative:

https://news.grabien.com/story-roger-goodell-ignoring-leagues-own-rule-book-letting-players 

''The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.''

Funny while the predictable demokkkrat media was finding every player they could who opposed Trump and supported disrespecting the national anthem and the country, they failed to mention this little clause in the rule book. Such a surprise. Of course they couldn't couldn't find a single fan to interview who opposed the protests, despite the vast overwhelming majority of NFL fans, and the nation, supporting the national anthem ceremonies before every game. We'll see how well the NFL and players do when they only people who watch are dem po ignant foke.

Playing in the NFL is a privelage not a right. Dance when you're told to dance or go get a job at Starbucks.

I assume there was a certain amount of discussion within the various teams all along about who's kneeling and why, if for no other reason than to make sure it didn't become a distraction or create issues within the team.  The non-kneelers no doubt at minimum allowing their teammates to do so without criticism.

Along comes Donald Trump, fresh off telling the golden state warriors they aren't invited to the White House anyway since they've been vocal about not wanting to go.  During a speech, he decides to blast the NFL players who are seen as disrespecting te flag and the country.

Obviously, this is going to upset the apple cart within the various teams, unless the rest of the players now show support for their teammates.  For nearly all of them, it's sincere - what Trump has done is attack their right to express themselves by suggesting they be fired for doing so.  Of course a bunch of spoiled guys who've been treated as stars since junior high are going to be upset and disagree with that.

49er owner and bumbling fool Jed York is responsible for this for not setting Kapernick straight the first time this was publicized.  The other owners never liked or respected Jed before, and must despise him now.  Not that they stepped in and told him how to handle the situation, and not that they didn't handle things on their own teams when their players followed suite.

On the one hand, yesterday's actions took some of the heat off the owners with some fans for refusing to sign Kapernick.  On the other hand, it no doubt infuriated many other fans who hate Kapernick and the ongoing disrespect for the flag and the country. 

No doubt the owners have had a lousy 24 hours, which will turn into a lousy week.  They must be furious with Kap, York, the players, Trump, the media, themselves, the fans.  This may end up permanently lowering the value of their franchises and reducing their revenue stream.  Most are in it for the prestege, and that's not what it was are recently as last week.  Good stuff, can't wait for next week.   

These rich kneelers have no earthly idea what real racism is like.  Their slave ancestors would be embarrassed by the behavior of these prema donnas.  I ceased to watch pro sports on a regular basis after the '95 baseball players strike.  It does make me sad to see sports becoming so politicized. I will tell you that if the NFL doesn't clamp down on what many perceive as disrespect for the flag then they will lose many, many fans and with that a lot of money.  There is a place for politics but not in the workplace.  I will admit Trump did not help the situation but many NFL fans are Trump voters.  The NFL cannot afford to lose that demographic.  I know people who have been die-hard NFL football fans who have stopped watching it completely.

We, as Americans,  have many things to be grateful for.  We take it for granted that we will remain free but we are going to lose that freedom if we continue down this road.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 12:03:34 PM
These rich kneelers have no earthly idea what real racism is like.  Their slave ancestors would be embarrassed by the behavior of these prema donnas.  I ceased to watch pro sports on a regular basis after the '95 baseball players strike.  It does make me sad to see sports becoming so politicized. I will tell you that if the NFL doesn't clamp down on what many perceive as disrespect for the flag then they will lose many, many fans and with that a lot of money.  There is a place for politics but not in the workplace.  I will admit Trump did not help the situation but many NFL fans are Trump voters.  The NFL cannot afford to lose that demographic.  I know people who have been die-hard NFL football fans who have stopped watching it completely.

We, as Americans,  have many things to be grateful for.  We take it for granted that we will remain free but we are going to lose that freedom if we continue down this road.

I agree with every point in your post.

I also quit watching baseball after the strike.  Since it was always my favorite sport, and the others were just something to do between baseball seasons, I stopped watching them as well.  The 49ers sucked after the Joe Montana and Steve Young years, so it was easy to no longer watch that. 

But the games had become less enjoyable before that, for a variety of reasons.  I think the biggest reason was instead of a sports writer going to a game and reporting on it, it became about interviewing players.  Getting to know the players better was a turnoff, to put it politely.  As we are seeing.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 25, 2017, 12:03:34 PM

Indeed. They should be forced to respect the flag and be grateful they're free.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 25, 2017, 12:09:22 PM
I agree with every point in your post.

I also quit watching baseball after the strike.  Since it was always my favorite sport, and the others were just something to do between baseball seasons, I stopped watching them as well.  The 49ers sucked after the Joe Montana and Steve Young years, so it was easy to no longer watch that. 

But the games had become less enjoyable before that, for a variety of reasons.  I think the biggest reason was instead of a sports writer going to a game and reporting on it, it became about interviewing players.  Getting to know the players better was a turnoff, to put it politely.  As we are seeing.

Baseball was my sport as well.  I was a Dodger fan as they were my home team when I was young.  My blood remains Dodger blue to some degree.  My guess is you were a Giants fan. Sucks to be you!   ;D ;) I still occasionally catch a game though I don't watch it on a daily or even weekly basis.  Ah, sometimes I long for the days of yore with Garvey, Cey, Lopes, Russell, Baker, Smith and yes Fernando.