• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

5 Worst Talk Radio/Podcasts

Started by Lavarat, February 22, 2016, 08:31:07 AM

bateman

Quote from: Robert on June 23, 2017, 10:09:48 PM
You people have no idea what bad is.

How could any of these have been as bad as Kenny G's old WFMU show, whose last run was titled "An Hour of Pain"?  Kenneth Goldsmith's conceptual art included such things as readings in intallments of all the previous year's weather forecasts off WINS.  It's not only hard to think of anybody's program as bad as Kenny G's, it's hard to conceive of any program as bad as Kenny G's.

However, I've heard some really bad radio talk shows by people who were not trying to be bad.  One of them was a guy whose name I forgot who leased time on WVNJ to emcee a phone-in talk show.  He kept referring to "that whole setup there" and similarly vague ramblings.

WFUV had a program called "That's Interesting" which was anything but.  The m.c. sounded like she was falling asleep.  Every.  Time.

Then there was Paul deBrul's extremely strident WNYC program, "CSS [Communithy Service Society] Hotline".  He brooked no opposition from phoners-in like me.

Never heard Kenny G's show, but I do distinctly remember the audial excrement that poured out of my car speakers during David Lee Roth's brief run at K-Rock.

Robert

Quote from: Robert on June 23, 2017, 10:09:48 PM
You people have no idea what bad is.

How could any of these have been as bad as Kenny G's old WFMU show, whose last run was titled "An Hour of Pain"?  Kenneth Goldsmith's conceptual art included such things as readings in intallments of all the previous year's weather forecasts off WINS.  It's not only hard to think of anybody's program as bad as Kenny G's, it's hard to conceive of any program as bad as Kenny G's.

However, I've heard some really bad radio talk shows by people who were not trying to be bad.  One of them was a guy whose name I forgot who leased time on WVNJ to emcee a phone-in talk show.  He kept referring to "that whole setup there" and similarly vague ramblings.

WFUV had a program called "That's Interesting" which was anything but.  The m.c. sounded like she was falling asleep.  Every.  Time.

Then there was Paul deBrul's extremely strident WNYC program, "CSS [Communithy Service Society] Hotline".  He brooked no opposition from phoners-in like me.
Gah!  Now I see I posted substantially the same material when this thread was new!  Maybe we should just reduce these to a hash address.  Like, "gha08y9", and people would react "LOL" like the prisoners invoking old jokes by #.

Dyna-X

There were some live podcasted shows made by the ning starseed websites i.e. International Starseeds that were basically glorified skype roundtable conversations. The conversations were so terrible most would not want to be in them much less listen to them. Topics would range from seeing a blackbird or a gopher to how the patterns of freckles on their back proved the were a dragon spirit. And those were the better ones. Normally it was two hours of New Age word salad, coughing, wind chimes and sitar break songs and general complaining with audio through what sounded like microphones made from soup cans.  The audience at the time - about 50 members.

I was listening on behalf of a friend and we both agree now those shows were nightmare grade horrible.

ponyboysunset

Any show where the host goes, uh huh after everything the guest says. God I hate that. It doesn't show you are listening it shows you are an idiot.

This might be the worst Podcast episode that could ever be.  Stephanie Wei interviews Beef Johnston

http://www.weiunderpar.com/2017/07/16/2017-scottish-open-hanging-with-andrew-beef-johnston-episode-11/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ponyboysunset on July 10, 2017, 01:39:53 PM
Any show where the host goes, uh huh after everything the guest says. God I hate that. It doesn't show you are listening it shows you are an idiot.

Uh huh....PBS, is it just me or are people acting really weird these days. You know what I mean? Like, REALLY weird.  ???

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 23, 2017, 10:44:52 PM
There were some live podcasted shows made by the ning starseed websites i.e. International Starseeds that were basically glorified skype roundtable conversations. The conversations were so terrible most would not want to be in them much less listen to them. Topics would range from seeing a blackbird or a gopher to how the patterns of freckles on their back proved the were a dragon spirit. And those were the better ones. Normally it was two hours of New Age word salad, coughing, wind chimes and sitar break songs and general complaining with audio through what sounded like microphones made from soup cans.  The audience at the time - about 50 members.

I was listening on behalf of a friend and we both agree now those shows were nightmare grade horrible.

The more freckles you have, the more God hates you.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dyna-X on June 23, 2017, 10:44:52 PM

I can't listen to any show that has more than 3 people on at once. these round table type style podcasts still exists .. they are pure feces... Even comedy shows like that are awful.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: ponyboysunset on July 10, 2017, 01:39:53 PM

Lol how ironic.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: akwilly on March 27, 2016, 03:30:35 AM
hey fuck you! I went out of my way tonight to listen live and get into the chat. I had sure sex lined up but I chose to listen to the show and had to lie to a perfectly good piece of tail that I had shit to do. So I get all alone and the stream kept cutting out and chat didn't work. Fuck you. Now I am jacking off. My dog also says fuck you.

heh heh