• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

College Football Contest

Started by Zircon, August 29, 2012, 10:52:45 AM

Zircon

Folks, I am running one of these on another board. In this contest you pick five of the twenty games listed with the spreads provided. If you want to pick a sixth game then I've provided a BONUS game. Its fun. If any of you are interested and are true college football fans then I invite you to enter. It lasts through the conference championship games. I will then provide a bowl game listing (all 35 or so bowls).

If you're interested in the South Carolina at Vanderbilt game then please submit your pick (if it is among the five you ant to choose) no later than say, NOON tomorrow. That game is on Thursday night - tomorrow.

South Carolina at Vanderbilt (+6.5)
UCLA at Rice (+15.5)
Washington State (+13.5) at Brigham Young
Minnesota at UNLV (+8.5)
Boise State (+7) at Michigan State
Appalachian State (+6) at ECU
Northwestern at Syracuse (+2)
Tulsa at Iowa State (+1)
Southern Miss (+20) at Nebraska
Ohio (+6) at Penn State
Georgia Tech (+7) at Virginia Tech
Iowa at Northern Illinois (+10)
Colorado State (+6.5) at Colorado
Clemson at Auburn (+3.5)
Florida International (+3.5) at Duke
Michigan (+14) vs. Alabama
Wyoming (+30) at Texas
Southern Methodist (+10.5) at Baylor
Toledo (+10) at Arizona
Miami (F) at Boston College (+1)

BONUS GAME:
Tennessee at NC State (+3.5)

So I turn on the TV to see how the Boise State / Michigan State game is going.  First thing I hear is Goddamn Lou Fucking Holtz giving an update on other scores.  I wait 8 months and this is what I hear 

I hate hearing Lou Holtz, constantly plugging the teams he's coached - South Carolina, Arkansas, Notre Dame, never anything interesting to say on that or anything else, not ever.  That irritating speech impediment, 'glub, glub, glub'... he's either on just about every good game, doing the pregame show, or doing updates all game long.   It's not like he's the only person available to do this stuff.  Please just die already. 

coaster

Quote from: Zircon on August 29, 2012, 10:52:45 AM

Southern Miss (+20) at Nebraska

nebraska is my team, but martinez and burkhead can only do the same play so many times before people catch on. And they caught on last season. I hope martinez has learned to throw a ball since last season.