• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mars Rover Pix

Started by SheilaVG, August 25, 2012, 07:48:08 PM

SheilaVG

I'm not in to Mars conspiracies so I'm not really intending to go there but look at the picture http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/newsroom/pressreleases/20120705a.html

Does that look like a, maybe crashed, ship of some kind on a landing strip (or hop scotch field). Anyone know what it is?

edm1820

All of the metallic stuff (towards the bottom of the photo) is part of the rover. the tracks are from a test drive the rover took (I think).

The General

Quote from: edm1820 on August 25, 2012, 08:33:20 PM
All of the metallic stuff (towards the bottom of the photo) is part of the rover. the tracks are from a test drive the rover took (I think).
Damn, I thought there was an airport parking lot on mars there for a minute.  Till I realized that all that stuff is in the foreground and just part of the rover. 

ziznak

Quote from: The General on August 25, 2012, 10:22:44 PM
Damn, I thought there was an airport parking lot on mars there for a minute.  Till I realized that all that stuff is in the foreground and just part of the rover. 
yup... thats one big rover huh?  :P
cool pic tho

Morgus

Quote from: SheilaVG on August 25, 2012, 07:48:08 PM
Does that look like a, maybe crashed, ship of some kind on a landing strip (or hop scotch field). Anyone know what it is?
Richard Hoagland probably does, you should ask him...  :P

analog kid

Quote from: The General on August 25, 2012, 10:22:44 PM

ahahahaa!